.......oooookaaaay

areumdw
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Macbarbie07 General Thread PART 2

Post by areumdw »

Is she taking a break from YouTube because of DWTS?
I feel like in the future, she might actually stop making YouTube videos altogether and just have a reality show on E! Network.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^^ I don't understand why some GGers realistically think some YTers will have reality shows. They can't have reality shows because nobody outside YT knows who they are. Besides, their YT channels earns them more than any reality show could.

Olay
Talker
Talker

Post by Olay »

Who knew the kardashians, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, all the teen moms and jersey shore people before their shows though?

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

Username wrote:^^ I don't understand why some GGers realistically think some YTers will have reality shows. They can't have reality shows because nobody outside YT knows who they are. Besides, their YT channels earns them more than any reality show could.
Tone It Up had a reality show and they started on youtube making workout videos. It was a terrible show though.

Reality shows aren't out of the question. Bethany gets around two million views each video and that's roughly the same amount of viewers who watch Pretty Little Liars each week. In fact, it's also roughly the same amount of people who watch The Vampire Diaries. It's more than what ABCfamily averages for their less popular tv shows. Reality shows are given to anyone and everyone. Who the eff were the Kardashians before their reality shows? Kim used to be a stylist. Paris Hilton was just a rich girl until her reality show where all she needed to do was act dumb and carry a small dog. Small networks can make you into any character as long as you are willing to participate. The only thing that holds the Youtubers back from getting mainstream recognition is that no one takes them seriously. A lot of adults don't understand the marketing power of youtube. I don't think it's out of the question that Youtubers can get reality shows in the future. I can see MTV doing it just to save themselves from extinction. I don't doubt that the Fowlers filmed a reality show. It was just never released because of the way they marketed themselves.

A reality show is more than about money. It's about putting your name out there. It gets you recognized and noticed. Look at all there reality show stars who ended up being celebrities. A reality show opens a lot of doors.

I think that's the whole point of having a reality show. Who cares that no one outside of youtube knows who they are? That's like Tina Tequila, she was famous on the internet then got her own reality shows. No one knew who she was then it just blew up. It works both ways I suppose. It's all about marketing in the end.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

Plus, it's not that people don't know who she is because that's just old people. Their target demographic (young adults) already know who she is.

tobyboc
Learner
Learner

Post by tobyboc »

If you look at the comments on her last video, her minions are turning on her because she hasn't posted for so long. Part of me finds it hilarious (how delusional the minions are) and part of me kind of feels bad for Beth, because she's obviously really busy and seems like a good person.
Let me quote:
"I've always liked you so much waiting anxiously everyday for your new video but lately it seems like you've forgotten us. You're not the same anymore. You're more famous. That's true. But did you forget that most of your fans are from YouTube? Do you know another guru called Bubz? Not only I've watched her dogs grow up,watched her moving from Ireland to HK,watched her getting married....One month ago,she gave birth to a baby boy and guess what! She still posts videos once or twice EVERY week! I basically experienced her whole 9month pregnancy and now I feel like I'm a part of her life and she is definitely a part of mine. I truly am excited to seeing Isaac grow up and everything. That's what she makes me feel like,like we know each other even though I've never met her or contacted her in any ways. All I'm trying to say is.. I really do think you should appreciate us more. Or just show a little bit more gratitude towards YT fans by keeping your work on videos. You should remember that after all,we've always been there for you even before you were famous :)" with 123 likes (LOL, like Bubz isn't in it for the money)

"unsubscribing. I was a motavator. now I'm not(: you can't even remember the people who got you to where you are now.. I understand that you have a lot going on, but the least you can do is make a 30 second video, it's doesn't even have to be edited, telling us what's happening. I'm gone. and for all of you other "motavators" who want to defend her, go ahead(: you're videos are becoming of lesser quality. I miss the old Beth that had simple editing, not fancy extra stuff that no one cares about.. goodbye forever!!(:" with 19 likes

"I wanna know if this is a good idea tell me someone said unsubsrcribe temporarily until she posts should we?" with 40 likes

"Guys, forget about Bethany, she's too busy with her new life. I was a big fan, a 'motavator'. well, i'm sorry but not anymore. " with 38 likes

And all sorts of other comments. They crack me up. I mean, she really should've prefilmed a video or two since her minions really did make her who she is today, but these fangirls are so delusional.

coffeeaddict
Debater
Debater

Post by coffeeaddict »

All she has to do is a giveaway to win subs back. Duh logic

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

Honestly, it's no surprise the minions are turning on her. It happens to every guru who stops posting videos. Regardless of all the outside business going on, the lack of videos will cause a decline in youtube popularity. Beth needs to strike gold with the real world and keep getting offers or else she'll turn into Fowlers. Okay, maybe not that harsh. Girl has WAY more subscribers, so a decline will still keep her on top.

Carpy the Cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Carpy the Cat »

Hey guys! Long time lurker here. Once it was announced Beth had been cast on DWTS, I asked myself "how the hell is she going to keep up with her YT channel?!" Being on that show is intense and it isn't easy. It takes up so much of one's time which is why I figured she wouldn't have the time or energy to film and edit videos to post. It's almost hilarious but totally predictable that her minions are getting upset at her lack of videos. I think they need to just get used to it. Now that Beth has found REAL fame, she's not going to be all that concerned about YT because she doesn't need it anymore.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

Carpy the Cat wrote:Hey guys! Long time lurker here. Once it was announced Beth had been cast on DWTS, I asked myself "how the hell is she going to keep up with her YT channel?!" Being on that show is intense and it isn't easy. It takes up so much of one's time which is why I figured she wouldn't have the time or energy to film and edit videos to post. It's almost hilarious but totally predictable that her minions are getting upset at her lack of videos. I think they need to just get used to it. Now that Beth has found REAL fame, she's not going to be all that concerned about YT because she doesn't need it anymore.

While I do agree with this - DWTS isn't as time consuming as she's making it sound, and her minions are even more upset because Beth promised them a video "in two or three days!" Last week I think.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

^ yeah DWTS isn't taking up 24 hours of her day. She has more free time than most people think. She's on twitter chatting and taking selfies everyday. She could be using that time to put up a video. If she spent 30 minutes per day for the past week on editing, there could've easily been a video up by now. I don't believe she doesn't have at least 30 minutes of downtime every day.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

She's been promising for weeks she'll put up a new video. This is so unlike her, really weird.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

What ever happened to that photo of her with the description saying she's so tired because she's been editing and trying to find lost footage? That was total shit. If that was true she wouldve let her fans know she couldnt retrieve the lost footage and had to refilm.

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

She can't follow through because she has no control over her videos anymore. Her team films and edits her videos and give her ideas. Beth can just put up a quick video from her bedroom and the minions would be satisfied, but she can't even do that...

coffeeaddict
Debater
Debater

Post by coffeeaddict »

^^ then the people aren't so smart after all

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Even though I sometimes think she milks the bullying thing a little bit, I thought her performance to Try on DWTS was great. I think almost everyone experiences some mean kids or bullying as a child, but I wasn't there when it happened to her so for all I know it could have been bad. I'm rooting for her all the way regardless. Also I like that she's getting that anti-bullying message out there where she can.

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

CrumbledOreos wrote:She can't follow through because she has no control over her videos anymore. Her team films and edits her videos and give her ideas. Beth can just put up a quick video from her bedroom and the minions would be satisfied, but she can't even do that...
If that were the case the video would've been out long ago, since her team films and edits her video and give her ideas. She's clearly more in control of it than we think, which is why a new video hasn't come out in like 2 months.

Carpy the Cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Carpy the Cat »

MDNA wrote:
CrumbledOreos wrote:She can't follow through because she has no control over her videos anymore. Her team films and edits her videos and give her ideas. Beth can just put up a quick video from her bedroom and the minions would be satisfied, but she can't even do that...
If that were the case the video would've been out long ago, since her team films and edits her video and give her ideas. She's clearly more in control of it than we think, which is why a new video hasn't come out in like 2 months.
I have to ask, just how managed IS Beth? So little is known about her as a person other than what we see in her videos. I remember an article from last year or this year where her father/manager was all dodgy with the reporter about her YT earnings and business dealings. The article was trying to hint that she's more manufactured now than people think she is. So my question is, what do we know about this manufactured Beth? How many people are there to manage her "career" and image?

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

She's releasing a song

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”