Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Macbarbie07 General Thread PART 2

Post by hi_bye »

Username wrote:
justanopinion wrote:
jnkgossip wrote:I really wanna see her beat Michelle Phan in subs. :D
She is close! She has 5.2 mil and Michelle Phan has 5.7 mil. It shouldn't be long, hopefully.
The only reason Phan is beating her in subs is because she had a 2 year head start on Bethany. Bethany would easily be the most subbed right now if they started making videos in the same year.
And right now Bethany is all over the place so I can see her gaining more subs and surpassing her, and yes I would love Michelle to be "dethroned" either by Bethany or any good guru. Michelle has been in a plateau for a while...although I did see her in Cosmo.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Macbarbie07 General Thread PART 2

Post by wanderlust »

I just watched her tour bus tour video. It's awesome on the inside. The only thing that really puts me off is others sleeping in those little bunks. I feel claustrophic just looking at those things.

nailpolishaddict
Debater
Debater

Post by nailpolishaddict »

wanderlust wrote:I just watched her tour bus tour video. It's awesome on the inside. The only thing that really puts me off is others sleeping in those little bunks. I feel claustrophic just looking at those things.
i totally felt claustrophobic how can six people live on that bus? Either way it looks awesome on the inside and I am actually jealous of her cause she is having an awesome life right now! I wonder how many gurus are jealous too??

itsmee
Debater
Debater

Post by itsmee »

Omg they hooked her up with that tour bus wow!!

gingergurf123
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gingergurf123 »

is she the only one that gets her own bedroom...? wow
and do they have anything for real meals...

cocoapuff
Informer
Informer

Post by cocoapuff »

Are her parents and other people on tour with her? I was pretty shocked that she was the only one with her own bedroom! I'm sure that space could have been shared more fairly, at least so her parents could sleep together. It's also pretty weird that the only stuff in the bathroom was hers, and she even had some random crappy gifts stored in the cupboard over allowing other people to have their things in there. I also seriously hope they're not all just eating granola bars, cheetos and macaroni and cheese for every meal.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

^ You guys seem to be pretty unfamiliar with the setup of a tour bus. Hers seems to be the type that a big solo star uses, Rihanna for example. Of course she's the only one who gets her own bedroom in that situation, because everyone else is just crew. This is how almost all tour buses are, unless they're being used for a smaller band with no clear star/person in charge. That's just the way it is. Everything else is just small bunk beds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

And I'm sure they stop for meals. Who would wanna cook in a small ass bus?

nicki m
Talker
Talker

Post by nicki m »

It was a nice tour bus better than what I imagined

jnkgossip
Informer
Informer

Post by jnkgossip »

lila19 wrote:^ You guys seem to be pretty unfamiliar with the setup of a tour bus. Hers seems to be the type that a big solo star uses, Rihanna for example. Of course she's the only one who gets her own bedroom in that situation, because everyone else is just crew. This is how almost all tour buses are, unless they're being used for a smaller band with no clear star/person in charge. That's just the way it is. Everything else is just small bunk beds

It still bothers me that she gets a fairly large bedroom (for a tour bus) and her family gets 2 by 1 bunks. /:

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

All the stuffed animals and pills on that bed show how truly immature she is. She really needs to grow up.

LittlePinky82
Learner
Learner

Post by LittlePinky82 »

byebyebye1 wrote:All the stuffed animals and pills on that bed show how truly immature she is. She really needs to grow up.
To be fair I'm 31 and still have stuffies on my bed and make them look nice (mostly things from my child hood). I wouldn't take but a teddy though with me that came from my grandfather (sorta long story) or something like that or my pig rabbit.

I got some of those fuzzy socks recently and omg they're so comfy. I love mine. Don't go well with tennis shoes though or the ones I got anyways don't.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

Obviously she's going to get the bedroom - it's her tour and her tour bus for her clothing line, and she's the breadwinner of the family. The entire tour is for her, so it's not shocking to me in the slightest that she gets the room.

Post by Guest »

Word. They're getting to tour the country expense-free. They should be grateful (and probably are), regardless of where they're sleeping.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

Idk why but I like that she also does the limp t-rex arm thing because I'm guilty of doing that at least 5 times a day.

I think they just have snacks on there because they stop often for the meet ups so she has a chance to eat at restaurants. I wonder how much it cost to custom decorate that bus for her.

switchgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by switchgirl »

jnkgossip wrote:
lila19 wrote:^ You guys seem to be pretty unfamiliar with the setup of a tour bus. Hers seems to be the type that a big solo star uses, Rihanna for example. Of course she's the only one who gets her own bedroom in that situation, because everyone else is just crew. This is how almost all tour buses are, unless they're being used for a smaller band with no clear star/person in charge. That's just the way it is. Everything else is just small bunk beds

It still bothers me that she gets a fairly large bedroom (for a tour bus) and her family gets 2 by 1 bunks. /:
It's probably because Aeropostale doesn't really care about her family members. The star of the show is Beth, her parents just wanted to tag along for I guess security reasons and peace of mind. Aeropostale probably thought she was going to go alone, but then her parents insisted and at that point they had that particular bus set up for the tour and changing it up probably would have been time and cost consuming.

Well that's what I rationalize in my head at least.

I also wonder if Michelle is seething with jealously since Beth is going across the country in her very own bus with her face plastered on it while her makeup line seems to be doing all but well.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

I kind of think it's weird to have all of this for bethany. How many lines has this company had? Why is bethany any different? She said she shopped the PLL line at aero. Why didn't the PLL girls travel across the country? It makes no sense to do this all for some random girl on the internet. Maybe the company is that desperate for money.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

byebyebye1 wrote:I kind of think it's weird to have all of this for bethany. How many lines has this company had? Why is bethany any different? She said she shopped the PLL line at aero. Why didn't the PLL girls travel across the country? It makes no sense to do this all for some random girl on the internet. Maybe the company is that desperate for money.
I'm guessing that the girls from PLL all had things better to do on their schedule while for Bethany, this is huge. It would probably be impossible to get all those girls together for a bus tour. It makes more sense that they're taking Bethany, who while not famous on tv is relatively famous on youtube. Honestly it's a great strategy for them...I bet everyone is banking big-time with all of her fans running out to get her clothes. I don't know if it was a desperate decision, but it was a smart one.

switchgirl
Informer
Informer

Post by switchgirl »

byebyebye1 wrote:I kind of think it's weird to have all of this for bethany. How many lines has this company had? Why is bethany any different? She said she shopped the PLL line at aero. Why didn't the PLL girls travel across the country? It makes no sense to do this all for some random girl on the internet. Maybe the company is that desperate for money.
But that's the thing, she isn't just some random girl. She's a young woman who has a significant impact and influence on Aeropostale's main demographic and it's something that can help boost their sales, build brand awareness and provide marketing at a lower cost than most other marketing techniques.

PLL girls don't need to travel the country because their celebrity status is different compared to Bethany's. Aeropostale is building on her connection with her online community and reaching out to them... celebrities don't have to do that because well quite frankly they have more important things to do than tour the country for a clothing line. Most celebrities don't do that in fact.

To you it might seem like a questionable move or completely pointless, but understand that there has been marketing research done behind the scenes at Aerpostale before they went forward with this plan. What might not make sense to you made sense to the Marketing Director and Board of Directors at Aeropostale to help build their brand image and awareness.

Digital Marketing is something a lot of companies struggle with especially if they haven't caught up with it and that's why companies like Barnes and Noble have failed because they haven't built an online presence. Youtube personalities offer that gateway onto the online market that companies need and most of the work is done for them, an image, a face and a loyal viewership. After that it's basically a domino effect of working to build a strong internet presence that way you don't fade into irrelevance.

lac
Debater
Debater

Post by lac »

I'm not surprised they want to send her across the country as the company has been struggling.

(http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecul ... er-option/)

Another article I read said Aeropostale was in talks with her but decided to confirm the clothing line with Bethany after her first meetup at the store in Times Square brought so many girls in.

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”