Safiya White and the Seven Editors - Part 5

sweetpotatostan
Stalker
Stalker

Re: Safiya White and the Seven Editors - Part 5

Post by sweetpotatostan »

Lurker posting here. I could only manage the first 15 min of the livestream and I feel like I’m reading the dynamic very differently.

I think Safiya is socially awkward but a truly genuine person who wants to inform and entertain the people in the community she’s built. Tyler, on the other hand, strikes me as a somewhat of a narcissist who enjoys attention and skates through on Safiya’s coattails. Safiya is a perfectionist, hates to upset anyone (or have people upset at her), and has low self esteem which imho makes her susceptible to emotional abuse. If Tyler is the type of person I suspect he is, he’s going to be great at putting on a show for the camera but a real piece of work behind the scenes (would explain the editors leaving…).

In regard to her being so tired and struggling with the workload, this has been going on for years and I personally hope she considers getting assessed for ADHD because it’s so easy for it to be misdiagnosed as anxiety or burnout in intelligent women.

dreadful darling
Talker
Talker

Post by dreadful darling »

sweetpotatostan wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:28 pm
Lurker posting here. I could only manage the first 15 min of the livestream and I feel like I’m reading the dynamic very differently.

I think Safiya is socially awkward but a truly genuine person who wants to inform and entertain the people in the community she’s built. Tyler, on the other hand, strikes me as a somewhat of a narcissist who enjoys attention and skates through on Safiya’s coattails. Safiya is a perfectionist, hates to upset anyone (or have people upset at her), and has low self esteem which imho makes her susceptible to emotional abuse. If Tyler is the type of person I suspect he is, he’s going to be great at putting on a show for the camera but a real piece of work behind the scenes (would explain the editors leaving…).

In regard to her being so tired and struggling with the workload, this has been going on for years and I personally hope she considers getting assessed for ADHD because it’s so easy for it to be misdiagnosed as anxiety or burnout in intelligent women.
yeah or OCD. pretty sure she graduated from Stanford. she's very much has a people-pleaser mentality and is probably a push-over on things, but also has intense meltdowns when things don't go exactly her way. but i agree with your assessment on Tyler.

Treefood666
Learner
Learner

Post by Treefood666 »

another extremely low effort stream. someone here said it before, but it really is apparent in these live streams that naz(?) does all the prep work and research and safiya just shows up to do whatever. damn good assistant though cause she really has what they may ask for or bring up down to a T. i also disagree with the tyler assessment. i think he's like, fine. he's just one of those dudes who's use to filibustering and constantly trying to be funny/sell yourself to people cause of college and doing tech/online stuff. and i said it before but i also think he just has a hard time letting things go, like once a joke or reference comes to mind, he has to say it and harp on it, even if nobody is really interested.
eating dumplings

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

Post by PugsleyWednesday »

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

So it took her 1 month to film, edit and post this video? Wow! This chick is so lazy 🙄

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

Damn I wish I was rich enough to spend 1355 on virtual clothing and make all that back with a single video.
Her video is even trending in my country right now.

All they did was take a bunch of videos of her and pay people to photoshop clothes on her photos... at this point I feel like even their livestreams have more effort than their videos.
I have no fucks left to give.

dementedmango
Learner
Learner

Post by dementedmango »

went to watch the videos from their channel, watching febreze candles video as i'm writing this. she is so pregnant :rofl:
watch her try to pull it of as something cool and compare herself to kylie, saying how we should've known because of the move and all the editing without any videos.
because insert random chuckle. they are so smart.

i wonder when a person is going to flat out sue google for allowing them (not just s&t) to have a platform where they earn money by regurgitating the same four sentences whilst promising something else.

ok, fine, too much. but just imagine. imagine.

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

dementedmango wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:11 pm
went to watch the videos from their channel, watching febreze candles video as i'm writing this. she is so pregnant :rofl:
I just saw a reel that she posted on ig about this croissant place and she looks pregnant

Penelope penny
Debater
Debater

Post by Penelope penny »

I love criticising her and her laziness as the next gossiper but trying to figure if people are pregnant or not is seriously weird. I don't know of its just a bizzare westerner past time or what but she's mentioned that she has just gained weight and is not pregnant and I'm inclined to believe her on this until she says otherwise.
I have no fucks left to give.

jenngrace22
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by jenngrace22 »

I never post on here, mostly just lurk, but for someone who claims she wants to do a ton of research and give the right information on her videos, she sure didn't spend the two seconds to look up that dressx doesn't photoshop clothing on to you, it's artificial intelligence and augmented reality.

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but the fact she kept calling it "photoshop" and "editing" bothered me sooooo much

Makemeblush
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Makemeblush »

jenngrace22 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:57 am
I never post on here, mostly just lurk, but for someone who claims she wants to do a ton of research and give the right information on her videos, she sure didn't spend the two seconds to look up that dressx doesn't photoshop clothing on to you, it's artificial intelligence and augmented reality.

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but the fact she kept calling it "photoshop" and "editing" bothered me sooooo much
But part of what they do *is* editing. I.E. the pants removal in the picture with the black dress overcoat thing.

ArrestMeTho
Learner
Learner

Post by ArrestMeTho »

She needs a new day job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

I can't even with her. I tuned into their livestream today, because they were making snowglobes and I thought, that'll be cool (what can I say I like crafts) - but they literally have no idea what they are doing and it was such a cringe disaster I had to turn it off. They used the wrong glue, so everything came unstuck, everyone in the comments was like you should have used a hot glue gun! The same with the mixture of water and glycerin, people were saying she should have used dish soap.

Like if this is how they come at every project, I'm not surprised that it takes them so long just to do basic stuff, there's this level of incompetence that entirely blows my mind. I'm not trying to be deliberately mean here, it's like they are smart - but only booksmart. When it comes to basic competency and understanding and putting basics into practice - it's like they have no freaking idea, let alone how to cope when it ultimately fails because they didn't prep properly, or get the right info to start with... The arrogance of them, is just something else.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

It’s almost time for a new thread. Thread titles?

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

tar wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:19 am
Safiya Streamfloppa

PugsleyWednesday
Debater
Debater

BrutallyDecrepit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by BrutallyDecrepit »

PugsleyWednesday wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:57 pm
Okay, I know this is very petty (unheard of on this site I'm sure) but I absolutely despise her thumbnails. I forget if it's been brought up before, but seriously they are ALL THE SAME.

It's been this way for a long while, but about 90% of her video thumbnails have her doing this weird half smirk that take up a good 1/3 of the picture with the video subject jammed into the background. They're only a red arrow away from being one of those crappy "prank gone wrong" clickbait videos.

Seriously girl, get some variety. Please.

Aquietnightmare
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aquietnightmare »

Here I am with another petty point. I follower her on tik tok and she was talking about Lush's new spooky bath bombs. And she then in her usual style made a "FrankenBath" and the second she announced it I thought "That's gunna go a gross colour" and low and behold it did, there are loads of other videos like this Saf did you not think to check and see how the others turned out? Or have you stopped caring at this point.

This is just a ramble but it simply annoyed the shit out of me
:love2: I'm bitter and can't spell too well. :love2:

passmc98
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by passmc98 »

Maybe i don´t belong in this tread because i´m a huge fan of safiya but i do have to say that my participation in his channel has rapidly decreased when she and tyler started streaming... I think they´re not meant to do that, they are sooooo disperse that it really stress me. First of all safiya is a control freak, always micromanaging tyler and being all over the place with every thing, in the stream about 5 minute crafts soaps, god i was going crazy with her going crazy over the stupid knife like tyler was a 5 yo child.

And tyler sticking to his jokes that nobody gets and just going over the same thing over and over again, is anoying. Also... Tyler, you are not controversial, stop triying to cancell yourself.
One thing i was mad about but totally understand it are the tumbnails of their streams because, key word, is THEIR stream and tyler is nowhere to be seen in the tumbnail but yeah, he doesn´t atract that much traffic as her

Also... how does they manage their time? I would get it if they´re the ones editing and making sure everithing is okay for their videos and streams (like simply nailogical or mia maples) but they have two assistants and still we only get one video every three weeks? a 15 min video?

Maybe they´re going trough some personal hard times, but if not god... they should put more effort into that channel

GrumpyMcAsspants
Learner
Learner

Post by GrumpyMcAsspants »

tar wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:19 am
Safiya Nygaard: Slow Speech Rate, Even Slower Editing
“Let’s not act like having children makes you special. Cockroaches have children." - ColdPizzaParty

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”