Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Safiya NoUploadgaard - Part 4

Post by carlinn »

Im-A-Doll wrote:
lurkermclurkerson wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:53 pm
Oh, Crusty.

Can I say that I don't believe for a moment that Crusty is a 20 year old cat. I think they spouted some bullshit or a veterinarian lied to them about that. He's far to fat and filled out to be 20 years old or more.
my grandmas cat made it to about 22. she legit had her for 20 years and in the end the cat had multiple health problems, crusty is definitely an older cat but definitely not anywhere near 20.
That’s just one cat though, I think he’s definitely an older cat maybe late teens not 20, but I have a cat who’s 18 now and she has 0 health issues. Just smaller than she used to be and extra lazy lol I don’t think it’s bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

It's also very hard to estimate the age of stray or badly kempt animals, even for professionals.

abahney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abahney »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:12 am
I don’t think they’re on honeymoon. If I had to guess I’d say that’s a picture from their rehearsal dinner

No, he has his band on. It's some event they were at, maybe a friend's wedding

SageLavender
Debater
Debater

Post by SageLavender »

What you need, Saf is to upload a fucking video and fix your schedule 😄

hello!! is there anyone out there who knows how to use the
@voguemagazine
online archive? i've created an account on their site and also tried to log in via amazon but nothing is working 😔 i just need one specific article!!

BurgerPatty
Learner
Learner

Post by BurgerPatty »

Didn't she promise a new video from last weekend? Thought I missed it but apparently nothing was uploaded.

Saf's so good at making herself seem so busy I really do wonder what she does with her time. Or does she edit at a glacial place?

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

I don't understand why her/their editing takes so long? Literally it's just the most basic text and video clips sequenced together? There's no special effects or green screens that warrant this much "editing" that contributes to delays. She's better off admitting that she has poor time management skills and is unorganized. At this point, we'll probably get her wedding content in March 2020.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

haze wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 pm
I don't understand why her/their editing takes so long? Literally it's just the most basic text and video clips sequenced together? There's no special effects or green screens that warrant this much "editing" that contributes to delays. She's better off admitting that she has poor time management skills and is unorganized. At this point, we'll probably get her wedding content in March 2020.
I thought so to, but other people said that December is the most lucrative month for ads and such so she might actually push it really hard and release as much as she can. I just wonder how algorithm will treat her after having massive gaps between uploads. She’s definitely on some preferred list, but she still can’t get too confident.
糞食らえ

maple_buttercream
Debater
Debater

Post by maple_buttercream »

She's only posted 18 videos this whole year.

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

rva1 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:12 am
Any guesses on what it'll be??
She tweeted (or instastoried) that december will be full of wedding content, so... wedding content?

Probably 45 min of the history of wedding cake whilest tasting wedding cake or something.

llamalove5
Talker
Talker

Post by llamalove5 »

Also double post and maybe I'm in the minority but I don't just sit around all day waiting for Youtubers to upload, even when they have a set schedule. If I'm not mistaken, Saf has never set a posting schedule for herself (correct me if I'm wrong though). I just browse YouTube maybe once a day and watch whatever is new, I'm not sitting around like "Where is XYZ's video they said they were posting today?!". Maybe I'm a more casual Youtube watcher but like, I got shit to do during the day I'm just not checking to see if certain Youtubers uploaded. I understand that more posts = more engagement so it would be beneficial for her to upload more but like it really just isn't the end of the world to me.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Safiya NoUploadgaard - Part 4

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She has had multiple posting schedules. At first it was three times a week, now her channel banner says every other week. So she’s short of that this year by six videos.

No one is losing their mind about her not posting. It’s a gossip site. For......gasp, gossiping

yoyotomi
Debater
Debater

Post by yoyotomi »

llamalove5 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:16 am
Also double post and maybe I'm in the minority but I don't just sit around all day waiting for Youtubers to upload, even when they have a set schedule. If I'm not mistaken, Saf has never set a posting schedule for herself (correct me if I'm wrong though). I just browse YouTube maybe once a day and watch whatever is new, I'm not sitting around like "Where is XYZ's video they said they were posting today?!". Maybe I'm a more casual Youtube watcher but like, I got shit to do during the day I'm just not checking to see if certain Youtubers uploaded. I understand that more posts = more engagement so it would be beneficial for her to upload more but like it really just isn't the end of the world to me.
I’m pretty sure most of the people on here are casual watchers too. I’m certainly not waiting around each day for when the youtubers I watch will post a video- I watch it when I can.

However, this is Saf’s job. If you or I were to go to work and tell our boss we’d have a project done in a week and a half or two weeks, we’d get it done in a week and a half or two. And if not we’d be reprimanded and if it happened again our job would be at stake. Sad clearly doesn’t take that into account. She has a whole team and yet she can’t consistently put out content. Not only that her quality has gone down as well.

It’s not the end of the world to any of us either, I think most of us are just upset with the idea of her having a job that has no structure or deadlines and not doing more considering the flexibility of it

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

She used to have a schedule in her channel description saying two videos a week. A lot of youtubers follow a schedule and if you have a more active fanbase - or you have a lot of young viewers - they like that. I only know stats for Canada, but Canadian kids now watch more YouTube than television - they watch YouTube daily. While they'll flip around a lot, they also get accustomed to YT programming and know which of their content producers uploads on a Saturday or a Thursday or a Sunday. Heck, I'm only a casual observer and I can name a bunch of YouTubers' upload days. Not because I care but because they keep regular schedules and it draws back on their more avid audiences. Who are the audiences more likely to buy their merch or use promo codes and shit too.

I get if Saf's OG pace was unsustainable, especially given that the videos she made in the beginning were often, like, 4-7 minute videos of her and Freddie jamming cheetohs on their face and now she seemingly aspires to do these mega 30-minute projects.

But she should really establish a routine - if she doesn't she can get fucked by audience apathy and the YT algorithm. Twice a month - on the 1st and 15th. Every other Friday. Regularity is important.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

She did have a drop in subscribers:
17_59_000115.png
My guess is she'll gain most of those back when she finally starts posting wedding content though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

wreck wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:01 pm

My guess is she'll gain most of those back when she finally starts posting wedding content though
YouTube is currently deleting old accounts. Everybody is losing followers.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

Knitting Jenny wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:13 pm
wreck wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that. Is 30k a typical amount people are losing?

abahney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abahney »

wreck wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:38 pm
Knitting Jenny wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:13 pm
wreck wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that. Is 30k a typical amount people are losing?
It will be relative to the size of the channel vs engagement of subscribers I would think. Saf has 8.4million and she averages that in views for the most part. So she's not going to lose as many as say...James Charles who has over 16 Mill and barely hits 2mill in views per video

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I don't even watch all of her videos, so I'm obviously not waiting on bated breath for her videos, but tbh she only became interesting to me when she started being all over the place. She went from seeming put together while making regular fashion and beauty content to looking a mess in a video once a month. I'm kind of watching her like "will she or won't she get it together?" She has the views, money and team to put out more videos so we come here to speculate why she doesn't.

BurgerPatty
Learner
Learner

Post by BurgerPatty »

I don't exactly sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for a new video from Saf, but I DO follow her on Twitter and I started to notice she was always trying to sound like she's working soooo hard on videos. "Sorry for the no video, I'm alive I swear." "I need your help on this-and-that." "We're having issues with so-and-so."

Case in point, just from today:

Considering how she's barely uploaded anything this year, to me she comes across like she's stalling but still needs her fans' validation they're still around.

Post by Guest »

It's after 4PM pacific time now, isn't it? Or is she meaning for upload for tomorrow?

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”