Safiya Nygaard (Part 2)

carlinn
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Safiya Nygaard (Part 2)

Post by carlinn »

joinmymisery wrote:didnt youtube just recently let people under 18 make accounts? i bet a lot of people made fake accounts w fake birthdays so they're actually not over 18, i saw at least 3 people comment that

also yeah i dont understand why they shoot these videos at night? like is it a lighting issue? a noise issue? it makes no sense for them to start at like 11pm and finish at 5am
No youtube’s always been 13+, but a lot of people may be 18 who aren’t if they made an account years beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Or they made an account with an age over 18 so they could watch age restricted stuff

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Whats with these dumb fucking thumbnails where she always looks like a disapproving 42 yr old soccer mom.

And yes the up all night shit for videos shows she and her pudgy purse holder Tyler sleep late all day from carb coma and wake whenever eat then slack around. If she makes only one video a week or month or whatever she and her sluggo dont need to slave through the night to make this exciting fresh content. They just live that ain’t shit nocturnal lifestyle that other loser youtubers like Graveyard Girl or Kip from Napoleon Dynamite or Jack Black movie characters have.

sone0408
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sone0408 »

carlinn wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:49 pm
joinmymisery wrote:didnt youtube just recently let people under 18 make accounts? i bet a lot of people made fake accounts w fake birthdays so they're actually not over 18, i saw at least 3 people comment that

also yeah i dont understand why they shoot these videos at night? like is it a lighting issue? a noise issue? it makes no sense for them to start at like 11pm and finish at 5am
No youtube’s always been 13+, but a lot of people may be 18 who aren’t if they made an account years beforehand.

ah yes i think i was thinking of age restricted maybe bc i def remember being on youtube under 18 but not lying about it my bad tho

pandaspoop
Learner
Learner

Post by pandaspoop »

for all the talk of how fat she is she definitely is less fat than me, and i’m only barely overweight for my height lmao. and i really don’t think she dresses that awful? was she supposed to magically get plus-sized clothes overnight to match her new apparent obesity when she gained weight so fast? i really don’t understand why her weight is SUCH a topic of discussion right now. she doesn’t even talk about anything related to that on her channel. on the other hand, let’s talk about how she’s obnoxiously milking the shit out of her lipstick collection. i get that she’s a grown-ass adult who can make her own decisions but it seems like a bad move to act like owning more lipstick than could possibly be used in her lifetimes makes her super cool and special! i’ve been guilty of owning way too much crap in the past (and present) but i also don’t go all over the internet promoting that behavior and getting rich off it? also, that video was pretty disgusting imo. it also admittedly blows my mind how many you tubers act like their youtube analytics are the gospel when it comes to age... they MUST know a ton of people lie when they sign up. but whatever.

hunty
Informer
Informer

Post by hunty »

elegantly wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:33 pm
hunty wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:34 pm
Her over-enunciation is getting worse every video smh
Truly reaching John Malkovich levels!

Can someone please tell me why their floor always looks so disgusting?
BC they're rich, lazy Youtubers whose audience is made up of a generation that seems to think being dirty is 'relatable'. (I am a part of this generation, so don't come for me)
I'm a professional bitch

hunty
Informer
Informer

Post by hunty »

lurkermclurkerson wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:36 pm
I can understand the Cristine shout out...but why is she shouting out James Charles besides the fact he made a cake that looked like his pallet? Is she name dropping or trying to get a collab?
I'm sorry for the double-post.

She's been trying to get a collab from him for months now, so I am almost positive that she is trying to get him to do her wedding makeup or something like that
I'm a professional bitch

blueraindrops
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blueraindrops »

I don't get why they insist on staying up all night when they do their videos. That is not healthy at all and is probably contributing to their weight gain and overall apathy now. They have no limits anymore and its really starting to show. I didn't hate the video but the whole mixing shit together idea is so overdone and I like saf way too much to want to see her go down the same toilet grav3yardgirl did.

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

blueraindrops wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:10 pm
I don't get why they insist on staying up all night when they do their videos. That is not healthy at all and is probably contributing to their weight gain and overall apathy now. They have no limits anymore and its really starting to show. I didn't hate the video but the whole mixing shit together idea is so overdone and I like saf way too much to want to see her go down the same toilet grav3yardgirl did.
Isn't it almost like a diagnosis: "YouTubeitis," when you quit any semblance of a job to "do YouTube" which results in staying up all night/sleeping all day (YouTube non-24), anxiety, over-spending, eating poorly, chasing content, going to Disney as your only outlet, gaining weight/unhealthy appearance. I can cite Safiya/Tyler, Rachel (Grav3yardgirl), Shane,others to some extent or another...

blueraindrops
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blueraindrops »

whydoicare67 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:11 pm
blueraindrops wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:10 pm
Isn't it almost like a diagnosis: "YouTubeitis," when you quit any semblance of a job to "do YouTube" which results in staying up all night/sleeping all day (YouTube non-24), anxiety, over-spending, eating poorly, chasing content, going to Disney as your only outlet, gaining weight/unhealthy appearance. I can cite Safiya/Tyler, Rachel (Grav3yardgirl), Shane,others to some extent or another...
Yeah literally is lol! With their money and resources it would be cool if they traveled more and got out more. I understand being introverted but their lifestyle is seriously not healthy. Who the fuck eats super sugary cake as soon as they wake up? These two need an intervention

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

What I liked about the new video was that she made the whole cake completely from scratch. I know other youtubers would have had a video half as long where they just used cake mix and excused it with not being able to bake. Obviously Safiya can follow instructions and I was surprised how great the cake turned out.

But the whole thing did not need that long of an introduction and she did not need to film the video that late. Idk why she keeps doing this and then keeps mentioning it. If she had to have people helping there during the shoot no one would want to put up with such a schedule.

I wish she would do videos that need to be long again where she actually researches something like the time period videos.

cherryc0ke
Debater
Debater

Post by cherryc0ke »

I get being an independent YouTuber means you're self-employed and you get to choose your work schedule but really? Doing videos in the middle of the night does not ring professional to me at all. Unless there's a reason to be filming specifically at night, why do it? It really does show just how bad their daily schedule is planned.

I bet if they simply fixed their sleeping schedule, they could lose a couple pounds. Never mind what a consistent gym schedule will do for them.

Purple_dot
Learner
Learner

Post by Purple_dot »

I really don't understand why people care about their filming schedule, some people function better at night. I'm gonna guess they took some time during the day to prepare for the video or other adult life stuff. I also don't find her fat at all.

I wouldn't wanna eat lipstick cake, sounds awful tbh lol. But it's a fun project and I like her methodology.

Sent from my brain via lasers

Delet This
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Delet This »

Because she and other yutubers always post about their all nighters acting like they deserve praise and ass pats for their work ethic. Which I and other people mentioned but you apparently overlooked.
And it’s not exemplary or a credit to their slaving away for their channels as much as stupid ass time management and slothlike efficiency.

Purple_dot
Learner
Learner

Post by Purple_dot »

Delet This wrote:Because she and other yutubers always post about their all nighters acting like they deserve praise and ass pats for their work ethic. Which I and other people mentioned but you apparently overlooked.
And it’s not exemplary or a credit to their slaving away for their channels as much as stupid ass time management and slothlike efficiency.
Fair point about perception and praise

Sent from my brain via lasers

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

the fact that the lipstick cake video reached #1 on trending... I hate that she's being rewarded for lazy and just generally idiotic content. But that's youtube these days

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

It's not that she can't do her shoots at night it's that she keeps mentioning it like she's being forced into this schedule. There are plenty youtubers who manage to hire a team and work during normal office hours. And it's what she did at Buzzfeed as well.

If you want more free time during the day to go out then don't complain about how late shoots are getting when you're starting them so late.

She's not fat. She just gained some weight and is dressing unflattering like the babydoll dress. In the cake video I actually liked her outfit.

But I agree that all she seems to do in her free time is hang out with Tyler some more (and they already work together) and eat. And some yoga. Of course not everyone documents their whole life on public sm and she posts very little anyway so she could have a thriving social life that also keeps her from filming during the day.

shuga
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shuga »

Lipstick themed videos are getting old but they are planning a wedding soooo they are probably super busy.

I'm 5'10 like Safiya and I've really struggled with my weight. Tall girls can carry their weight well enough for it not to be noticeable for a while, and losing takes a while to notice changes. Not that her weight matters, just some insight!

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

I must say that Michelle's beating Safiya with her research game for her Challenge Accepted series. Granted, Michelle's "wallow in self-pity" and self-victimization for her challenges is annoying as ever (she also cannot walk for shit on catwalks with her robo arms), but her segments on the histories of catwalk modelling and pageant-ing are well done. And I feel like she also puts more effort into her videos than Saf does now.

lurkingass
Learner
Learner

Post by lurkingass »

meebee wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:59 am
takoyaki wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:27 pm
Whats sad is that she tried to make a crew with Corinne and Cristine but they both thought she was lame. Not only them but Rob and Ben thought Tyler was lame too and didnt hang out with him while the girls did collabs. Now Cristine keeps shading things that youtubers do and Safiya has done all those things (ex. Dying hair for views, paid subscription service, repeat videos about wish, etc) and we all know Safiya takes that shit personally because she thinks shes a special snowflake and all of her videos are different because she adds some history and facts to it. I remember cristine joked about lame videp content and i guess tylers face dropped behind the camera or she joked before and saf didnt like it because she immediately pulled back and apologized super awkwardly and saf low-key angrily replied 'no, its ok"
Yikes,was that awkward. And cristine and corrines couples went on multiple trips together
I love Cristine but she can be a socially awkward simp, sometimes. I get it because I can be the same way, but the “looking for content,” comment is something she would have said in her own video but sounds rude when you’re collab-ing in another person’s video. I think she got that right away but I also think Saf understood. And the jabs at Saf’s style of videos are also kind of rude. Like she has room to talk, with her polish mountains and testing kid’s toys testing, which is what they were doing in Safiya’s video. In fact, Cristine and Ben both come off pretentious and condescending, especially Ben.

Anyway, all that to say, I don’t think it means much that Saf never jelled with Cris and Ben or Rob and Corinne. Friend groups just don’t always mesh, and tbh, Corinne doesn’t seem to mesh as well with Cristine as well as a Ben and Rob do. And it’s not like Cristine acts so much more maturely than Saf, what with her painting her nails at hockey games, lol.
I'm surprised so many people see Corinne/Cristine + their S/O's as mature, they seem embarrassing as hell to me. Especially Cristine, some of her content is... subpar lol.

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”