Safiya Nygaard

ksmith1909
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Safiya Nygaard

Post by ksmith1909 »

seaotters wrote:I think what makes Safiya's microscope video "different" from the others is her mentioning the ethics of counterfeit makeup, but she managed to undermine that too.

Calling it "fake" or "knock-off" makeup and then saying that it's budget friendly pushes the message that even though it's not real, you're saving money so go for it. Because makeup is just makeup.
Never mind the moral and legal issues of it, just save the $15 because it's close enough.

She said she doesn't endorse it, but has made 4 Wish videos, where everything is counterfeit. EVERYTHING.

The video was weird to me because she seemed to be in conflict about the fact that it is counterfeit and was grossed out, but she needed those views and didn't want to come off as being on a soapbox about it.
She might just want to avoid drawing negative criticism: "why do you hate poor people!" Vs "this is unethical and wrong!". Of course when you try to be bland and vanilla, two things happen. (1) you still get called out because you're deliberately avoiding taking a stand, (2) your content is boring as hell.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

How can she not endorse buying fake makeup when she buys it every other video on websites that she knows are notorious for fake items and shady labor practices? She also states their names multiple times per video too.

Catattack2010
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Catattack2010 »

Did anyone see the video where she organized her makeup? I know it's kind of a old video, but it seemed like when she was trying to make funny comments and jokes, the girls there to help organize seemed so put off. It's like their thought bubbles are saying, "she's so awk and not funny get me out of here."

Another thing, I was really excited for her once she quit BuzzFeed. It seemed like she was producing content that was really enjoyable. I'm not sure if I already said this before, but it's like she's just doing makeover videos over and over again. I'm tired already of her reviewing palettes that are from wish/made for her skin tone/from another YouTuber. If she keeps going she's going to end up like grav3yard girl and "does this thing really work" videos.

Also, had she received a lot of hate from other BuzzFeed ppl besides jazzmyn? I'm just curious.

Catattack2010
Learner
Learner

Post by Catattack2010 »

Did anyone see the video where she organized her makeup? I know it's kind of a old video, but it seemed like when she was trying to make funny comments and jokes, the girls there to help organize seemed so put off. It's like their thought bubbles are saying, "she's so awk and not funny get me out of here."

Another thing, I was really excited for her once she quit BuzzFeed. It seemed like she was producing content that was really enjoyable. I'm not sure if I already said this before, but it's like she's just doing makeover videos over and over again. I'm tired already of her reviewing palettes that are from wish/made for her skin tone/from another YouTuber. If she keeps going she's going to end up like grav3yard girl and "does this thing really work" videos.

Also, had she received a lot of hate from other BuzzFeed ppl besides jazzmyn? I'm just curious.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Catattack2010 wrote:Did anyone see the video where she organized her makeup? I know it's kind of a old video, but it seemed like when she was trying to make funny comments and jokes, the girls there to help organize seemed so put off. It's like their thought bubbles are saying, "she's so awk and not funny get me out of here."

Read like the last 10 pages and you'll get the dirt on Jazzmyne (OMFG is that name on her actual birth certificate or did she start spelling it like that when she was 8 and stuck to it wtf) shading Saf in a BF video as well as the discussion on her makeup organization video.

Catattack2010
Learner
Learner

Post by Catattack2010 »

takoyaki wrote:
Catattack2010 wrote:Did anyone see the video where she organized her makeup? I know it's kind of a old video, but it seemed like when she was trying to make funny comments and jokes, the girls there to help organize seemed so put off. It's like their thought bubbles are saying, "she's so awk and not funny get me out of here."

Read like the last 10 pages and you'll get the dirt on Jazzmyne (OMFG is that name on her actual birth certificate or did she start spelling it like that when she was 8 and stuck to it wtf) shading Saf in a BF video as well as the discussion on her makeup organization video.
Sorry for my ignorance, thanks for letting me know! :tu:

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

takoyaki wrote:

On Natch Beaut Jazzmyne said that is her given name by her parents with that spelling, unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Catattack2010 wrote:
takoyaki wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance, thanks for letting me know! :tu:
No problem! I ask about old topics a lot and some people are dicks and tell me to read old threads/pages but its a pain in the butt if we are on thread 18 and theres 40 pages per thread and no one gives me even a clue where the discussion could have been... and searching sometimes comes up with nothing... so at least i gave you something?? Lol

dubstepford wife
Talker
Talker

Post by dubstepford wife »

What happened to Tyler? He was posting videos at least once a month of random Instagram-famous foods or cooking adventures. They were super silly and stupid but I kind of liked them. But he's been totally silent for 4+ months. Either NextBeat is really taking off (which I kind of doubt), or...something else? Safiya hasn't been posting as often either.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

^I really think they just fell into the YT trap of being really isolated and low key depressed but not wanting to admit or deal with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”