Safiya Nygaard

seaotters
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Safiya Nygaard

Post by seaotters »

takoyaki wrote: You can compliment her all you want. I think her face looks great when shes using the camera when shes narrating the same one with the weire contrast and terrible colors. When tyler films with the vlogging camera she doesnt look good but the colours are normal at least.

I think you need to look up how, "though" is used because adding though really does make it sound like you saying shes pretty in the thumbnail overrides the content of the video which was what people where talking about before. Literally if you dont have the "though" it would change the implication behind your comment. No shade but thats just really how "though" is used.
It's not that serious, you're arguing pedantics even after I explained myself.
I didn't undermine anyone else's commentary by pointing out the thumbnail of the video, and when you said that I did, I clarified.
:toad:

seaotters
Talker
Talker

Post by seaotters »

pepesylvia wrote:i don't care that they went to ikea, i said it's just disappointing that they HIRE people to do this for them and they give her the most basic set up ever.
In the professional's defense, it seems that's what Safiya wanted. She picked them specifically because they focus more on an organization system and room design.
There's not much design into the room, so they had to start from the basics and Safiya is the client so she has to voice whether she likes it or not.

I think Safiya just wanted an idea? This seems like an impulse video; not really planned out, she just did it because she saw other YouTubers do it and wanted to say she did it too.
:toad:

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Would have been a much more entertaining video if they had gone to estate sales, garage sales, thrifting, and refurbished the furniture to create the vanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Anyone else think she might be pregnant? I feel like she tried really hard to hide her stomach area in that vid.

Also I *hate* their condo.
Non.

ksmith1909
Talker
Talker

Post by ksmith1909 »

I dunno, it's possible but I think having a sedentary job and eating junk is catching up with her/has caught up with her, and she's just unlucky in how her body fat is distributed. Not all of us are lucky enough to have it go only to the boobs/booty.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

ToxicD
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ToxicD »

I think she’s one of the smartest, hardworking youtubers out there, but recently all her vids are meh. She needs to let go of Buzzfeed formula and diversify more imo. And she needs to do that before the obvious signs of rotting like viewership decline kick in.
Drama Queen

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

ksmith1909 wrote:I dunno, it's possible but I think having a sedentary job and eating junk is catching up with her/has caught up with her, and she's just unlucky in how her body fat is distributed. Not all of us are lucky enough to have it go only to the boobs/booty.

I'm still genuinely surprised at the shape she is in, considering just how bad her diet is. She drinks a ridiculous amount of calories per day, and her and Tyler certainly love getting take out and snacks for outside. Considering how inactive her job is, as well as how much she consumes, you'd figure she'd be heavier. It seems like their are plenty of days where she drinks all her calories through pop and coffee, and then goes on to consume 1700 calories on top of that.

seaotters wrote:
pepesylvia wrote:i don't care that they went to ikea, i said it's just disappointing that they HIRE people to do this for them and they give her the most basic set up ever.
In the professional's defense, it seems that's what Safiya wanted. She picked them specifically because they focus more on an organization system and room design.
There's not much design into the room, so they had to start from the basics and Safiya is the client so she has to voice whether she likes it or not.

I think Safiya just wanted an idea?
This seems like an impulse video; not really planned out, she just did it because she saw other YouTubers do it and wanted to say she did it too.
I think that's exactly what Safiya wanted. She seemed overwhelmed with her stuff and had no idea where to start or how to make it organized. We all see how basic and plain her apartment is, so I'm not surprised that she wanted to keep it cheap with Ikea and get the most basic set up out there. She didn't seem to care about appearances as long as it got cleaned out, organized, and allowed Safiya to learn how to move forward with organization in the future.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I think they were hired just to organized not to do interior design. Saf and Tyler went on ikea on their own and picked and bought everything on their own and the girls just came in after to organized that.

I dont think the two of them are into vintage things so if they ever went to estate sales or second hand furniture shops it would purely be for the video and i doubt theyd display the stuff it would end up in their prop room
seaotters wrote:
takoyaki wrote: You can compliment her all you want. I think her face looks great when shes using the camera when shes narrating the same one with the weire contrast and terrible colors. When tyler films with the vlogging camera she doesnt look good but the colours are normal at least.

I think you need to look up how, "though" is used because adding though really does make it sound like you saying shes pretty in the thumbnail overrides the content of the video which was what people where talking about before. Literally if you dont have the "though" it would change the implication behind your comment. No shade but thats just really how "though" is used.
It's not that serious, you're arguing pedantics even after I explained myself.
I didn't undermine anyone else's commentary by pointing out the thumbnail of the video, and when you said that I did, I clarified.
Dude im just saying you can't reasonably expect to be justifiably angry and defensive if someone misinterpreted your meaning because you used a word incorrectly. After you explained yourself you had to blame me again saying that its my personal interpretation. Its literally not my interpretation its because you used the word wrong. Just accept the mistake and move on.

dubstepford wife
Talker
Talker

Post by dubstepford wife »

I'm still genuinely surprised at the shape she is in, considering just how bad her diet is. She drinks a ridiculous amount of calories per day, and her and Tyler certainly love getting take out and snacks for outside. Considering how inactive her job is, as well as how much she consumes, you'd figure she'd be heavier. It seems like their are plenty of days where she drinks all her calories through pop and coffee, and then goes on to consume 1700 calories on top of that.
She's extremely tall (5'10") so weight gain has more places to go in that kind of body than it does in someone five or six inches shorter. But she and Tyler both really need to change their habits. They're not teenagers anymore and the shitty diets combined with a lack of sleep, sedentary lifestyles, and probably dehydration are really showing. Tyler in some of his early videos actually looked like he went to the gym, he looked fit and had some muscle. Now he kind of looks like every other doughy late-20s guy who still eats his college diet and thinks he can get away with it.

darkkheartt
Talker
Talker

Post by darkkheartt »

takoyaki wrote:
Dude im just saying you can't reasonably expect to be justifiably angry and defensive if someone misinterpreted your meaning because you used a word incorrectly. After you explained yourself you had to blame me again saying that its my personal interpretation. Its literally not my interpretation its because you used the word wrong. Just accept the mistake and move on.
Ok this is none of my business but I'm butting in anyway to say that the other poster didn't even quote anyone when she said "Saf looks really pretty in the thumbnail though" so literally she wasn't even really responding to anyone in particular -- just adding her two cents in.

And you are taking the word "though" to another level that it doesn't even mean - it doesn't serve to "undermine" others' points; rather in this case, it served to bring another point of view into a previously one-dimensional conversation. It does NOT mean she was saying ya'll were wrong about anything!

Just move on. Let it go. Please for the sake of this board

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

dubstepford wife wrote:
She's extremely tall (5'10") so weight gain has more places to go in that kind of body than it does in someone five or six inches shorter. But she and Tyler both really need to change their habits. They're not teenagers anymore and the shitty diets combined with a lack of sleep, sedentary lifestyles, and probably dehydration are really showing. Tyler in some of his early videos actually looked like he went to the gym, he looked fit and had some muscle. Now he kind of looks like every other doughy late-20s guy who still eats his college diet and thinks he can get away with it.
Mother of God I had no idea she was so giant! I always thought she and Tyler were small people, and like 5'5 or something. She doesn't look like tall in her vids imo.

"doughy late-20's guy who still eats his college diet and thinks he an get away with it" is a perfect description of Tyler. I think Saf is slowly climbing to the female doughy version. I know Saf is all about doing viral trends, so I'd suggest she does a "I got a meal prep plans from professionals" for her next vid lol

darkkheartt
Talker
Talker

Post by darkkheartt »

123xyz wrote:
dubstepford wife wrote:
Mother of God I had no idea she was so giant! I always thought she and Tyler were small people, and like 5'5 or something. She doesn't look like tall in her vids imo.

"doughy late-20's guy who still eats his college diet and thinks he an get away with it" is a perfect description of Tyler. I think Saf is slowly climbing to the female doughy version. I know Saf is all about doing viral trends, so I'd suggest she does a "I got a meal prep plans from professionals" for her next vid lol
I like that idea! I also hope that she puts out a video soon that took her several weeks to make -- those are always my favorites of hers. I don't mind some lower-effort filler content sometimes but it's getting to be more and more.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

With her resources, she could do a whole series on it. Such as professional meal prep, before and after vids, personal trainers, and include Tyler in it as well. The only downside is that BF loves to do like 6 week diet or fitness videos, and I'm sure Safiya would get a lot of crap for copying Buzzfeed or still doing their type of videos.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Who’s that trainer guy who pops up in a bunch of videos? Buzzfeed, Michelle Khare, Glam and Gore? With how derivative her content has been lately she may as well do a video with him, at least it would be a good step forward in terms of her health.

Honestly she should do a “I got my fucking shit together/adulting” series about organization, healthier living, etc

ksmith1909
Talker
Talker

Post by ksmith1909 »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:Who’s that trainer guy who pops up in a bunch of videos? Buzzfeed, Michelle Khare, Glam and Gore? With how derivative her content has been lately she may as well do a video with him, at least it would be a good step forward in terms of her health.

Honestly she should do a “I got my fucking shit together/adulting” series about organization, healthier living, etc

She could just do it with Candace and would get it for free for the views/they're already friends. Candace actually has her shit together. Actually out of all the former BuzzFeed YouTubers I feel like Saf has the least organized/adult life which is ironic since she's doing the best.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

darkkheartt wrote:
takoyaki wrote:
Ok this is none of my business but I'm butting in anyway to say that the other poster didn't even quote anyone when she said "Saf looks really pretty in the thumbnail though" so literally she wasn't even really responding to anyone in particular -- just adding her two cents in.

And you are taking the word "though" to another level that it doesn't even mean - it doesn't serve to "undermine" others' points; rather in this case, it served to bring another point of view into a previously one-dimensional conversation. It does NOT mean she was saying ya'll were wrong about anything!

Just move on. Let it go. Please for the sake of this board
123xyz wrote:
I literally said to let it go in the quote you quoted :|

I never said though meant to undermine anything. And i dont even think i commented on safiyas organization video before OPs though post so i was not personally offended in anyway and therefore it wasnt the motivation of my post. I misinterpreted her post because she used a word wrong and she freaked out on me so i NICELY explained why i misinterpreted it and she just kept freaking out more.
i would LOVE to let it go because it got so stupid about 2 replies in. Can we REALLY let it go and stop mentioning this? Anyone who cant let it go feel free to pm me to get it off your chest (i dont read pms though just to let you know).
dubstepford wife wrote:

Didnt she tower over the organization girls? She has always seemed tall to me and i think she was self conscious about her height. I think shes slightly taller than tyler.

peachtea
Debater
Debater

Post by peachtea »

That transatlantic accent she randomly does off and on for comedic effect really grates on me.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Her voice in general bothers me. She sounds like a girl who is purposely trying to mimic a deep man voice while holding their breath. I mean, I know it's her natural voice and she can't help it, but still, it hurts my ears lol, and her constantly saying of "shhmash" is very annoying imo

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I hate the shhhmaaasssshhh shit but i feel like she cant ever stop saying it now since jazzmyne (or however you spell her name) shaded her in a video about it and Saf tweeted about how hurt she was about it.

heelerms
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by heelerms »

123xyz wrote:Her voice in general bothers me. She sounds like a girl who is purposely trying to mimic a deep man voice while holding their breath. I mean, I know it's her natural voice and she can't help it, but still, it hurts my ears lol, and her constantly saying of "shhmash" is very annoying imo
Lol that's exactly what is, I have a hard time explaining her voice besides, "trying to sound like a make newscaster"

Return to “Safiya Nygaard”