Re: Mouse-Killin'andMorgue-Chillin':AtHomewithLydiaFillen#33

Post by june+ping »

eggybeggy wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:28 am
PixelGirl wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:14 am
lizzy wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:48 am
I just understood what "affiliate link" means. I didn't know until she said she bought with her own money and no vouchers.

So she buys say 5 things for £300 on ASOS. Makes the video and add the affiliate links. Then returns 3 or 4 of the most expensive pieces. And get £200 back. With the affliliate links she gets all the money from people who click and buy there. Is that how it works?
An affiliate link works like this. She gets gifted items, or maybe orders items from say Asos. (Instead of being gifted, sent stuff directly, she might have been told she has a voucher to the value of, which she can choose her own items from, so this is where she uses the term "picked out".) She may show all those items, keep only one, send the rest back if you ordered over the voucher value. If she's sent it, doesn't like it, it gets gifted to friends, sold on Depop (possibly under a second name, or Carrie's), or if that fails to get rid of the item she might send it to the charity shop.

Under her video, she will tag every damned thing she shows in her video. So the chair she's sat on, if she can get a kickback from that, the mug she drinks her tea out of, the clothes and makeup she is wearing, etc etc. Where the affiliate links kick in, is those links under the video, on her website, or the swipe up on Instagram. If you click the link and it takes you straight to the website of the company selling the product, if you look up the top in your search bar, there might be her name, or an affiliate number. The company website you then land on places cookies on the device you are using to access the website and those cookies can stay on your device for 30 days. So if you say look at the dress she is flogging, think no that's not for me, but I like this other thing I've just seen on the website and you order it. The website link you initially clicked, tracks that sale back to Lydia and she gets a percentage of the sale. If you go away, come back to the website a week later and order something else, she still gets a kickback from that sale, as she introduced you to the website, so therefore is "entitled" to a kickback. In theory this doesn't cost you extra, ie they don't add her commission on after you've clicked add to basket. That fee was worked out well ahead of the item being priced and added to the website, if the company doesn't have to pay affiliate fees and you arrived at their website organically (ie, found your own way there), then that is more profit for the company selling.

Think of it like this. You want to buy a used car, you go to the car showroom, the strange guy there in the rather shiny silver grey suit and brown shoes shows you around the cars, talks about how good they are, even if they are rubbish, that they are fuel efficient, even if they have the fuel economy of a Sherman Tank, and they convince you to buy a car. You know when you pay the price for the car, that a portion of that money will be going straight to the used car salesman as commission. That's what affiliate links are, only difference is if you went back to the used car place and bought a second car, you might deal with someone else, and they'd get the commission. Lydia's bread is buttered on both sides, she gets the first commission, the second and maybe even the third, all from adding that restyleme link, or which other one she chooses to use.

Lydia is the used car salesman in the shiny silver grey suit, with the brown shoes, basically their jobs are the same, flog you stuff, earn commission.

You have to be pre-approved to reward style don't you? And do you have to be approved on IG to do swipe ups?? They should allow everyone and anyone to do it. Dont see why only people with large following should get a kickback lol!!
yes you do. there's someone from reward will contact you and you create an account there...then you create the link on your blog/vlog/IG....
i used to have one and stopped using it...it's way back like 5 -7 years ago.
but i am not sure how it's working now...5-7 years ago: if you don't click the link from her directly, she wouldn't get the commission...when i shopped, i also used my link so i could get my own commission. even all the links on this forum are also affiliated links...so you need to click from one source which can get the commission.

personally if you truly like the item and link it...you should be commissioned...but you buy and return...that's not cool.
i am a regular folk so i couldn't afford to keep buying and keep up the blog...and i had/have a regular job...just don't have that kind of time to keep up. but i still do enjoy sharing what i like on anther forum with other women...just something i enjoy without the links...lol....

BloodyBasketCase
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BloodyBasketCase »

Lola-Faith wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:01 am
She's gone mad now literally, walking through her house videoing everything saying how it was paid for, gifts, vouchers etc etc. Hmm, paranoia or guilt or what? Not seen anyone else do that, very weird behaviour.
I was just thinking this exact thing also - she has a legit gone totally crazy, wandering through the bungalow snapping and labelling everything to try justifying the begging/make some snide point. Does she honestly have no awareness about how she is coming off?

It's like she just cannot seem to help herself posting about this despite all the super negative responses she has gotten.

I know this has been said many times in this forum but I really do not understand why Ali or Carrie haven't taken her aside and tried to explain she is coming off like a complete lunatic and not doing her career any favours with this? I guess because she can't take criticism in any way shape or form, it's just not worth the grief for either of them.

To be fair to Ali though, I get the feeling he just tunes it all out and tries to get on with his own s**t, he'd probably lose his goddamn mind if he had to deal with the fallout of her twitter meltdown every single week.

Brunette_
Informer
Informer

Post by Brunette_ »

GeorgeePorgee wrote:ImageImageImage
OMG I diedImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

BloodyBasketCase wrote:
Lola-Faith wrote:
She's gone mad now literally, walking through her house videoing everything saying how it was paid for, gifts, vouchers etc etc. Hmm, paranoia or guilt or what? Not seen anyone else do that, very weird behaviour.
I was just thinking this exact thing also - she has a legit gone totally crazy, wandering through the bungalow snapping and labelling everything to try justifying the begging/make some snide point. Does she honestly have no awareness about how she is coming off?

It's like she just cannot seem to help herself posting about this despite all the super negative responses she has gotten.

I know this has been said many times in this forum but I really do not understand why Ali or Carrie haven't taken her aside and tried to explain she is coming off like a complete lunatic and not doing her career any favours with this? I guess because she can't take criticism in any way shape or form, it's just not worth the grief for either of them.

To be fair to Ali though, I get the feeling he just tunes it all out and tries to get on with his own s**t, he'd probably lose his goddamn mind if he had to deal with the fallout of her twitter meltdown every single week.

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

When I've saved up some money, I feel happy when I buy something pricey like a TV or sofa. Even buying a new lipstick makes me happy, lol.

I'd feel ashamed if I sat on a sofa in my house knowing I'd begged for it and got it free.

Obviously Lidl doesn't feel like that. She just looks around her house laughing at the companies who have made her lux life what it is.

And then to pretend to the world that you paid for it all yourself is shameful.

She has no morals, dignity or grace.

She's just a lux wannabe. I'm embarrassed for her.

Vile person.

Brunette_
Informer
Informer

Post by Brunette_ »

BloodyBasketCase wrote:
Lola-Faith wrote:
I was just thinking this exact thing also - she has a legit gone totally crazy, wandering through the bungalow snapping and labelling everything to try justifying the begging/make some snide point.
I don’t really understand what is it she is trying to achieve? Is she expecting her followers to feel sorry for her, poor thing, and allow her not to disclose?
*whatever I said previously about influenza’s carefully calculated strategic moves on SM, wasn’t about Lydia

Brunette_
Informer
Informer

Post by Brunette_ »

Muff_puff wrote:When I've saved up some money, I feel happy when I buy something pricey like a TV or sofa. Even buying a new lipstick makes me happy, lol.

I'd feel ashamed if I sat on a sofa in my house knowing I'd begged for it and got it free.

Obviously Lidl doesn't feel like that.
I have narcissists in my family. In her mind she totally deserves it all and more. Narcissists have no doubts that they have rightfully acquired everything they own even it they’ve stolen it from someone else.

eggybeggy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggybeggy »

i reckon she thinks if she discloses it all now, she won't have to put ad in future posts and no1 will mention it.

eggybeggy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggybeggy »

name suggestions for a new thread? its almost time!

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

Brunette_ wrote:
Muff_puff wrote:When I've saved up some money, I feel happy when I buy something pricey like a TV or sofa. Even buying a new lipstick makes me happy, lol.

Obviously Lidl doesn't feel like that.
I have narcissists in my family. In her mind she totally deserves it all and more. Narcissists have no doubts that they have rightfully acquired everything they own even it they’ve stolen it from someone else.

What about Ali then? Is he a Narcissist too?

LicenseToLurk

Post by LicenseToLurk »

She’s playing the victim, the comments on her home insta are ‘poor Lydia, it’s ridiculous you have to do this’ stupid is as stupid does.

Can the new thread include Georgee’s Labia Fillen

Brunette_
Informer
Informer

Post by Brunette_ »

Muff_puff wrote:
Definitely, not. But he has to earn his right to live there somehow. So, when choosing between shame and fear (of Lydia), he goes for ‘no fear’.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

LicenseToLurk wrote:She’s playing the victim, the comments on her home insta are ‘poor Lydia, it’s ridiculous you have to do this’ stupid is as stupid does.

Can the new thread include Georgee’s Labia Fillen Image
God do you think that's why she's so jock-strapish down there? Labia majora filler?

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

I never click on affiliate links but I might have visited a website within 30 days. Thankfully I never watch Lidl's videos anymore and she blocked me on instagram. (By the way, a big thanks to all of you who upload pictures and posts here.)

On a different topic I think she is totally lying about what she has purchased and what has been gifted. In the pictures you can see candles and defusers and we all now how much stuff Jo Malone sends the bloggers. My guess is that she only discloses the things that can be easily proven gifted.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

eggybeggy wrote:name suggestions for a new thread? its almost time!
The gifted life of Lydia the ungifted

avabella
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by avabella »

There’s nothing gifted in the utility??

What about the paint??

LicenseToLurk

Post by LicenseToLurk »

GeorgeePorgee wrote:
LicenseToLurk wrote:She’s playing the victim, the comments on her home insta are ‘poor Lydia, it’s ridiculous you have to do this’ stupid is as stupid does.

Can the new thread include Georgee’s Labia Fillen Image
God do you think that's why she's so jock-strapish down there? Labia majora filler?
Either she’s getting pumped up by Dr Love or she’s gone all out for Fanuary Image

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Brunette_ wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:35 am
Muff_puff wrote:
Definitely, not. But he has to earn his right to live there somehow. So, when choosing between shame and fear (of Lydia), he goes for ‘no fear’.

He is probably an enabling codependent, who has to please an unpleasable narcissist, because he is traumabonded.

He is also vain, shallow and simple and those are narcissistic traits, but that is something completely different from having NPD.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

GeorgeePorgee wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 am
BloodyBasketCase wrote:
Lola-Faith wrote:

This one of the best descriptions I’ve ever seen about what is going on in her head at the moment :tu:.

Narcissists have to be right all the time otherwise they will lose their mind, so now she is proving to herself that she’s still right with all kinds of justifications. This is the only way she knows how to handle the panic she is feeling and to calm herself down.

This inner peace will only last for a short time though, because their ego is very fragile and anything can hurt it again. That is why she is such a anxious person and that is why she has to hurt Ali and Carrie over and over again, because that behaviour also helps a little with battling her constant stress.

LicenseToLurk

Post by LicenseToLurk »

This will certainly be pushing her off her (Farrow & Ballz) Railings. Poor slothy. Reality bites doesn’t it?

Return to “Lydia Millen”