CatpissInABasket presents: HomeAlone w the MoneyGrabbers#31

june+ping
Informer
Informer

Re: CatpissInABasket presents: HomeAlone w the MoneyGrabbers

Post by june+ping » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:29 am

Iris1969 wrote:
happyforest wrote:I agree that having shit parents is ZERO excuse. I know so many people that have risen above the abominable behavior of their parents. Not all children of abusers are abusive. Not all children of narcissists are wankers. Not all children of nice people are nice people.

Self awareness is not mutually exclusive with a perfect childhood.

Lydia is a twat all on her own. I'm not going to blame her mother for her vileness. Her dad upgraded to a younger, prettier woman and left his kids in the dust of poverty of a single mum household. But her mom's a jerk? Ya, right. I think if Lydia had been provably abused as a child by her mother, we'd all know about it. All she does is come up with poverty as the hardship of her youth, and it's tone deaf considering the majority of people are far worse off than Silly Sausage Lydia was as a child.
If Lydia has NPD (and I’m not saying she has, because I’m not a professional who is allowed to diagnose her)
she has a disorder that prevents her from having the ability to truly self reflect and that disorder is almost always 100% the fault of one or both of their parents or caretakers.
So I don’t think you can’t hold a person responsably for having that disorder if they really have it, because then they were made that way when they were young, but I agree with you that a grown person is fully responsible for all of their actions and their decisions.

Narcissists know what they are doing, they can stop it when they have to and they also know they are hurting their victims, but they just don’t care and that makes them horrible people imo.
i am a little confused....to me i think no matter how much your parents f**ked you up, at the end of the day, you still need to be responsible for your own actions. how many %? i don't know..that's up for god to judge. Afterall, we live in a society not an isolated island that we can't see how/what other people behave...we have our own free will to decide we want to make a difference in our life that's either follow our parents' footsteps or we venture out on our own. i am sorry that's a touchy spot for me about my own family.....didn't mean to go deep.....

Iris1969
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Iris1969 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:34 am

june+ping wrote:
PixelGirl wrote:
Food_n_chill wrote:
You have a point here, but then i’d also say that just because your parent is someone like that or treats you bad, doesn’t mean it’s their doing you turn up like them. I have an example of my own parent being one way and I’m so not like her in so many ways because I don’t want people to feel the way I do and I don’t want my kids to feel and be brought up the way I was.
This applies to me too, I had a seriously abusive mother, who was very physically violent. I was determined I would do everything within my power to make sure that I didn't end up being the same way. It takes having an awareness though that the behaviour isn't normal and being able to see a better way. I am a parent myself and it is people like Lydia that make me really angry because they are filling young womens' heads with nonsense and false expectations, encouraging people into debt in an effort to keep up with everything she is flogging. With her lifestyle now, she has to rely on people constantly buying what she 'recommends' so she can keep receiving the financial kickbacks. 2019 will see her flogging more and more to maintain her expensive way of life. There are costs that she won't be able to get sponsored, like her mortgage, council tax, energy costs, insurances, etc and those things won't come cheap.

Finding an influencer that seems to have any kind of a conscience about all the buying they do, knowing full well that everything they link has an afiliate link attached to it, is a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. There are some I like their principles, but they still seem to spend excessively, although the pool of people I watch is quite small.
i think they are all very similar one way or another....you got to be in the mind set to be able to spend that amount of money and energy to buy buy buy...it's very exhausting.
back in the days when i had my blog...i didn't have any sponsorship, i had to constantly buying stuff to keep the blog going. money aside (i was irresponsible) the amount of junk i accumulated was also too much. by the time i had to move, i had to spend so much time to clean out my closet.

that kind of consumerism is not very normal regardless they can afford it or not. i can understand the high to buy your dream bag/shoes/outfit...but when you are constantly in that stage, it's addiction. don't you agree??

i don't know. it's fun for me to watch from time to time....and more fun to hate watch...hahaha.. :rofl: :rofl: but i can't imagine myself live the life they lead.....so cluttered, suffocating...
I think most or at least a lot of those influencers have narcissistic tendences, because who else wants to show every second of their lives to their followers, who else wants to be the centre of attention all the time, who else has no problem in lying all the time, who else doesn’t mind conning people out of their money and who else lives for the constant flow of flattery they usually get?

And I agree with you about the useless stuff they accumulate over the years. That must be overtaking their homes by now :o.

eggybeggy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggybeggy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:45 am

she put point 2 because she is trying to convince herself that she is a nice person. she knows deep down she isn't.

Iris1969
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Iris1969 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:49 am

june+ping wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:
happyforest wrote:I agree that having shit parents is ZERO excuse. I know so many people that have risen above the abominable behavior of their parents. Not all children of abusers are abusive. Not all children of narcissists are wankers. Not all children of nice people are nice people.

Lydia is a twat all on her own. I'm not going to blame her mother for her vileness. Her dad upgraded to a younger, prettier woman and left his kids in the dust of poverty of a single mum household. But her mom's a jerk? Ya, right. I think if Lydia had been provably abused as a child by her mother, we'd all know about it. All she does is come up with poverty as the hardship of her youth, and it's tone deaf considering the majority of people are far worse off than Silly Sausage Lydia was as a child.
If Lydia has NPD (and I’m not saying she has, because I’m not a professional who is allowed to diagnose her)
she has a disorder that prevents her from having the ability to truly self reflect and that disorder is almost always 100% the fault of one or both of their parents or caretakers.
So I don’t think you can’t hold a person responsably for having that disorder if they really have it, because then they were made that way when they were young, but I agree with you that a grown person is fully responsible for all of their actions and their decisions.

Narcissists know what they are doing, they can stop it when they have to and they also know they are hurting their victims, but they just don’t care and that makes them horrible people imo.
i am a little confused....to me i think no matter how much your parents f**ked you up, at the end of the day, you still need to be responsible for your own actions. how many %? i don't know..that's up for god to judge. Afterall, we live in a society not an isolated island that we can't see how/what other people behave...we have our own free will to decide we want to make a difference in our life that's either follow our parents' footsteps or we venture out on our own. i am sorry that's a touchy spot for me about my own family.....didn't mean to go deep.....
Yes I agree, narcissists, like all adult people, are responsible for their own actions and decisions.

The only thing I want people to understand is that NPD is a serious disorder that makes these people who they are and it determines how they think and act and stops them from having total free will, although they have the ability to stop their behaviour if they have to.

It can’t be cured yet and we can’t judge them like we do with normal emotional healthy people, because that will only lead to us having hope that they can change if they see what they are doing wrong and that hope will only be crushed along the way.

I too come from a narcissistic family, so I understand your pain and I’m glad that this forum is so open about discussing narcissism because it is still such a taboo and that only causes more people to be fooled by them.

And I’m very glad that not all people raised by narcissists turn into narcissists themselves. They are the lucky ones at the end of the day, even if their childhood was very difficult and/or they got involved with narcissistic partners later on in life, because they got a chance to make something good out of the rest of their lives.
Last edited by Iris1969 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:51 am

thetruthhurts_ wrote:
Muff_puff wrote:
LimitedPatience wrote:
Hunevoque wrote:
LicenseToLurk wrote:
Could you imagine! The scenes :D

And Ali’s trout pout! Good Lord!
It would be a fun game ,trying to work out who is who? I would love to meet georgee and many others!!
Sounds like fun! Everyone should turn up wearing one of the hideous outfits she's flogged/bragged about. Outfit line up type of thing.
I reckon it'd be fairly obvious who was who from the way people speak...they often write the same way after all.
I've got the body condom outfit sorted ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
It feels like we are due another meltdown from our guru .. she hasn’t mentioned her ‘trolls’ in a while and I haven’t heard her mention calling the police when someone offends her ..

No doubt she will translate our banter here about turning up to one of her sycophantic meet and greets as a threat of stalking ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To her GG is the troll mafiaImage

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:10 am

Iris1969 wrote:
june+ping wrote:
PixelGirl wrote:
Food_n_chill wrote:
You have a point here, but then i’d also say that just because your parent is someone like that or treats you bad, doesn’t mean it’s their doing you turn up like them. I have an example of my own parent being one way and I’m so not like her in so many ways because I don’t want people to feel the way I do and I don’t want my kids to feel and be brought up the way I was.
This applies to me too, I had a seriously abusive mother, who was very physically violent. I was determined I would do everything within my power to make sure that I didn't end up being the same way. It takes having an awareness though that the behaviour isn't normal and being able to see a better way. I am a parent myself and it is people like Lydia that make me really angry because they are filling young womens' heads with nonsense and false expectations, encouraging people into debt in an effort to keep up with everything she is flogging. With her lifestyle now, she has to rely on people constantly buying what she 'recommends' so she can keep receiving the financial kickbacks. 2019 will see her flogging more and more to maintain her expensive way of life. There are costs that she won't be able to get sponsored, like her mortgage, council tax, energy costs, insurances, etc and those things won't come cheap.

Finding an influencer that seems to have any kind of a conscience about all the buying they do, knowing full well that everything they link has an afiliate link attached to it, is a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. There are some I like their principles, but they still seem to spend excessively, although the pool of people I watch is quite small.
i think they are all very similar one way or another....you got to be in the mind set to be able to spend that amount of money and energy to buy buy buy...it's very exhausting.
back in the days when i had my blog...i didn't have any sponsorship, i had to constantly buying stuff to keep the blog going. money aside (i was irresponsible) the amount of junk i accumulated was also too much. by the time i had to move, i had to spend so much time to clean out my closet.

that kind of consumerism is not very normal regardless they can afford it or not. i can understand the high to buy your dream bag/shoes/outfit...but when you are constantly in that stage, it's addiction. don't you agree??

i don't know. it's fun for me to watch from time to time....and more fun to hate watch...hahaha.. :rofl: :rofl: but i can't imagine myself live the life they lead.....so cluttered, suffocating...
I think most or at least a lot of those influencers have narcissistic tendences, because who else wants to show every second of their lives to their followers, who else wants to be the centre of attention all the time, who else has no problem in lying all the time, who else doesn’t mind conning people out of their money and who else lives for the constant flow of flattery they usually get?

And I agree with you about the useless stuff they accumulate over the years. That must be overtaking their homes by now :o.
Spot on about accumulating a load of crap. Have you seen Lucy Jessica Carter's house? Omg, it's sooooo cluttered. I feel claustrophobic if I watch her vlogs.

Every week or month, these "influencers" do a "look what I bought in poundland/B&M/Wikos". They HAVE to buy stuff otherwise they wouldn't have content for their vlog. Then of course they have to put these items somewhere.

She has photos on every wall.
Ornaments and faux flowers on every surface, it's too much.

Just because there's a blank wall or surface, doesn't mean you HAVE to fill it.

Their drawers are full of FREE make-up aswell. They never use it!
Why not donate it to a charity like "thebeautybanks" (Instagram) to help those in need.
(This is a nod to you too Lydia! You said you were looking for a charity to donate to, try this one)

We haven't heard anymore about you donating to charity. Obviously just a Tweet to get some praise.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:46 am

Get such claustrophobia when MeMe films walking into her dressing cave.ImageImage

eggybeggy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eggybeggy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:55 am

GeorgeePorgee wrote:Get such claustrophobia when MeMe films walking into her dressing cave.ImageImage

The bag displays aren't even nice, nor the shoe ones. For such a big room, it had so much potential, even with the bad lighting. There are far nicer wardrobes that are so much smaller than hers. She shouldn't have designed it herself, she should have let someone do it for her (Ali).

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:11 am

Because we know you read here MeMe, here are some pictures of dressing rooms you'll love, but never be able to have. Enjoy your cave :)ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:12 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 am

Has own gym in basement but drives to a gym?
Is the motive
a)to entice stalkers
b)sponsored by david lloyd or
c)begging a free bike?Image

LicenseToLurk
Informer
Informer

Post by LicenseToLurk » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:35 am

GeorgeePorgee wrote:Has own gym in basement but drives to a gym?
Is the motive
a)to entice stalkers

I’m guessing this is a standard ‘nodding head boomerang’ :rofl: and I’m guessing she’s wearing her favourite new orange face lard that everyone should know about (sling your hook, by terry, you’re off the list)

june+ping
Informer
Informer

Post by june+ping » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:40 am

Is the motive
a)to entice stalkers
B... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

june+ping
Informer
Informer

Post by june+ping » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:46 am

GeorgeePorgee wrote:Because we know you read here MeMe, here are some pictures of dressing rooms you'll love, but never be able to have. Enjoy your cave :)ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
all of these look like they're in a mansion...lol....

Hunevoque
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hunevoque » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Those dressing rooms are too much, even for my « kinky boots ».
Has lidl been using a pump, her cheeks are so peachy!, or has she had something more done to her face.
Love it that she is sitting in the passenger seat in her car, but always in the driver’s seat in his car !

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Hunevoque wrote:Those dressing rooms are too much, even for my « kinky boots ».
Has lidl been using a pump, her cheeks are so peachy!, or has she had something more done to her face.
Love it that she is sitting in the passenger seat in her car, but always in the driver’s seat in his car !
It's a peasant's car now she's leased an Aston Martin.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Which reminds me of the way she behaved in Cal's car (when she was well enough to shop & get bottox/filler/whatever but too ill to drive herself) So stuck up.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:12 pm

And as it's a quiet Sunday night I'm going to add gifs.ImageImage

PixelGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PixelGirl » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Is the motive
a)to entice stalkers
Means she can rock up in the AM and do a look at me, probably gone there to have her ego stroked!

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:30 pm

You hit the nail on the head with this. You would think that seeing her own mother dumped, and being dumped herself in a way, would make her more negative against her father if nothing else. We have seen zero negative feelings from her towards him while she regularly makes negative statements about her mother. So where did this hostility towards her mom come from when she was the one that was left as a single mom? It is a perfect example of her narcissistic lack of empathy, although I guess it depends on the circumstances behind the split. Either the mom was awful in any number of ways which drove her father away - in which case, I could see why Lydia blames her but there are still things that reflect negatively on the dad. Such as, why would her father leave the kids in that home or why wouldn't he provide support so that conditions in the home were more comfortable? The way Lydia describes it makes it sound like she grew up in poverty with her mom which always makes me wonder why her dad didn't do more for them. Of course it's likely that things weren't bad at all and that Lydia is exaggerating because they just weren't as "luxe" as she wanted. The only other option I can think of is that it really is all about the material things. So Lydia has nothing negative to say about her dad because of the lifestyle he lives and the things he owns and the only thing she has against her mother is that she isn't rich. Either way, she needs to sort herself out because what she's doing now makes her look like an awful, ungrateful brat (worse than usual :rofl: )

june+ping
Informer
Informer

Post by june+ping » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:43 pm

gossipy locks wrote:

You hit the nail on the head with this. You would think that seeing her own mother dumped, and being dumped herself in a way, would make her more negative against her father if nothing else. We have seen zero negative feelings from her towards him while she regularly makes negative statements about her mother. So where did this hostility towards her mom come from when she was the one that was left as a single mom? It is a perfect example of her narcissistic lack of empathy, although I guess it depends on the circumstances behind the split. Either the mom was awful in any number of ways which drove her father away - in which case, I could see why Lydia blames her but there are still things that reflect negatively on the dad. Such as, why would her father leave the kids in that home or why wouldn't he provide support so that conditions in the home were more comfortable? The way Lydia describes it makes it sound like she grew up in poverty with her mom which always makes me wonder why her dad didn't do more for them. Of course it's likely that things weren't bad at all and that Lydia is exaggerating because they just weren't as "luxe" as she wanted. The only other option I can think of is that it really is all about the material things. So Lydia has nothing negative to say about her dad because of the lifestyle he lives and the things he owns and the only thing she has against her mother is that she isn't rich. Either way, she needs to sort herself out because what she's doing now makes her look like an awful, ungrateful brat (worse than usual :rofl: )
the fact that she lies all the time and i just can't keep track of her lies.....in her younger days she really dressed hookerish to me. and i just don't get for her dad's family as rich as she said it was, how come they didn't provide her with better environment? why she was left to "suffer" with her mother?? i don't know.....she's weird.

Hunevoque
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hunevoque » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:55 pm

june+ping wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:

the fact that she lies all the time and i just can't keep track of her lies.....in her younger days she really dressed hookerish to me. and i just don't get for her dad's family as rich as she said it was, how come they didn't provide her with better environment? why she was left to "suffer" with her mother?? i don't know.....she's weird.
For me it is all pure rubish, she thinks that pretending that she comes from poverty is « relatable » and that it is an excuse for today’s grabby attitude, I lacked so now I over compensate. I also believe she is ashamed ofher mother, who isn’t good looking, doesn’t have a model’s figure and works in a supermarket, if her mum had been a stunner, or had an amazing job the story would be different.(let’s not forget that lidl believes she is Cindy Crawford, Megan Markle, Victoria Beckham and mother Mary all in one)A bit like when you are growing up and your parents don’t quite fit the image you have given, well the you invent stories about them. We all know that up in her little brain she is as mature as a 15 year old.

Iris1969
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Iris1969 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Hunevoque wrote:
june+ping wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:

For me it is all pure rubish, she thinks that pretending that she comes from poverty is « relatable » and that it is an excuse for today’s grabby attitude, I lacked so now I over compensate. I also believe she is ashamed ofher mother, who isn’t good looking, doesn’t have a model’s figure and works in a supermarket, if her mum had been a stunner, or had an amazing job the story would be different.(let’s not forget that lidl believes she is Cindy Crawford, Megan Markle, Victoria Beckham and mother Mary all in one)A bit like when you are growing up and your parents don’t quite fit the image you have given, well the you invent stories about them. We all know that up in her little brain she is as mature as a 15 year old.
I think her father probably is an overt narcissist who didn’t care about his ex wife or his children at all and left them for a prettier picture and that Lydia somehow has chosen to look up to him when she was young and from that moment started to despise her mother and her “poor” upbringing.

If her mother was not a narcissist herself but a emotionally healty woman she truly is the victim here, because then she wasn’t only dumped by her husband but also lost her daughter to narcissism and she was probably very hurt by it all.

However it is also possible that her mother was a (covert) narcissist as well and that Lydia was neclected as a child by her. I just don’t know what the truth is and I don’t want to be as guilible as a lot of people who believe things by the way they look at first glance.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by beahunny » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:59 pm

I really don't care about her childhood and any alleged trauma that did or did not happen. Everyone's relationships with their parents are almost always a complicated thing with many layers. Lydia's channel isn't about overcoming childhood issues nor it is about therapy and dealing with complicated parents nor abuse. If she wants to approach those topics, she needs to seek a LOT of education and probably therapy to even begin to have meaningful discussions.

Until then, they are hot topics she conveniently trots out to garner superficial relevancy, shallow sympathy and cheap views between shots of her latest shopping trip for baskets and shlepping out whatever products that have been thrown at her this week to advertise.

tldr; Lydia is still an asshole regardless of whatever happened to her as a child. I don't care about her childhood because she makes ZERO EFFORT as usual to construct meaningful dialogue about it and makes ZERO EFFORT to find ways to help herself or others overcome it.

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Plenty of people have had terrible childhoods with bad parents but didn’t turn into arseholes and narcissists. She’s both of those things regardless of her upbringing, not because of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Lydia Millen”