CatpissInABasket presents: HomeAlone w the MoneyGrabbers#31

Iris1969

Re: CatpissInABasket presents: HomeAlone w the MoneyGrabbers

Post by Iris1969 »

starviolet wrote:Plenty of people have had terrible childhoods with bad parents but didn’t turn into arseholes and narcissists. She’s both of those things regardless of her upbringing, not because of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This just isn’t true.

Narcissism is caused by your upbringing. Not all children become narcissists, but some do and that is a tragic fact.

Happywifehappylife
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Happywifehappylife »

Lets just say some of us agree to disagree about what causes NPD. Thats cool however you see it. But we can still all agree that Lidl is an asshole. Problem is she has people around her that are not even trying to guide her either way. They are simply enabling her to continue on the asshole route to nowhere. At some point most of these people will get fed up of her behaviour. If they dont then it is clear they also have problems of their own. In fact Im sure they do, which is exactly why they do stick around. If she does suffer from it and didnt get it from growing up then I would say her father pandered to that side of her and gave her everything and maybe her mother tried to help her by telling her what she was doing was wrong and thats where the bad vibes for her mother came from. Could be from a number of reasons really she is simply her own worse enemy and like we have all been saying. She does not learn from her mistakes but would rather throw a pity party for herself. That reflection tweet says it all really. Like one of you said, absolutely nothing about how anyone else has helped her grow as a person. Not even a mention of her own husband. So fucking bizarre!!

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Iris1969 wrote:
starviolet wrote:Plenty of people have had terrible childhoods with bad parents but didn’t turn into arseholes and narcissists. She’s both of those things regardless of her upbringing, not because of them.

This just isn’t true.

Narcissism is caused by your upbringing. Not all children become narcissists, but some do and that is a tragic fact.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:

This just isn’t true.

Yep, just google the causes of narcissism. It’s caused by your upbringing. Not all children get it, so there must be a genetic component too, as well as perhaps an already excisting personality that makes it easier for one child to develop it and stops another child from getting it.

I’m not defending Lydia or narcissists in general and sadly they can’t be helped by therapy yet, I just want people to understand what it is, so we are not fooled or hurt by them.

And if people don’t fall for their manipulations anymore because they recognize it, they won’t marry them and get childrn with them and that prefends a whole new generation of narcissists from being made.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Iris1969 wrote:
beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:

This just isn’t true.

Yep, just google the causes of narcissism. It’s caused by your upbringing. Not all children get it, so there must be a genetic component too, as well as perhaps an already excisting personality that makes it easier for one child to develop it and stops another child from getting it.

I’m not defending Lydia or narcissists in general and sadly they can’t be helped by therapy yet, I just want people to understand what it is, so we are not fooled or hurt by them.

And if people don’t fall for their manipulations anymore because they recognize it, they won’t marry them and get childrn with them and that prefends a whole new generation of narcissists from being made.
The confusion comes from you stating that starviolet's statement is false and then immediately stating that you actually agree with starviolet. You are arguing against someone who actually agrees with you.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:
beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:

This just isn’t true.

The confusion comes from you stating that starviolet's statement is false and then immediately stating that you actually agree with starviolet. You are arguing against someone who actually agrees with you.
No she said that Lydia is a narcissist regardless of her upbringing and not because of it and I don’t agree with that.

Two emotionally health parents don’t create a narcissist out of nowhere (they could get a psycopath because they are born that way), so their (toxic) parenting style has a lot to do with it.

Lydia probably would not have turned out a narcissist in different circumstances. Someone (probably one or both of her parents) made her that way (and she was subceptible to it). So she is highly likely a narcissist because of them.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Iris1969 wrote:Two emotionally health parents don’t create a narcissist out of nowhere
That's an amazingly bold generalization. Are you medical doctor or do you have a PhD in psychology? I sincerely want to know how you came to this conclusion and what medical studies back this up.

edit: Nevermind. Medical journals argue that narcissism can be genetic and not necessarily learned. Ok then. TIL.
https://www.jscimedcentral.com/Anxiety/ ... 2-1021.pdf

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:Two emotionally health parents don’t create a narcissist out of nowhere
That's an amazingly bold generalization. Are you medical doctor or do you have a PhD in psychology? I sincerely want to know how you came to this conclusion and what medical studies back this up.
It may look like a bold generalization, but it’s something scientists and psychiatrists agree apon. There is a lot we don’t know about narcissism yet, but this is something we do know.

Just study narcissism and you’ll see that lots of people (doctors, psychiatrists etc) agree on the childhood origin of narcissism and that heathy parenting from parents or other caretakers can prevend it from developping into full blown NPD.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

beahunny wrote:

edit: Nevermind. Medical journals argue that narcissism can be genetic and not necessarily learned. Ok then. TIL.
https://www.jscimedcentral.com/Anxiety/ ... 2-1021.pdf
That is also a bold statement based on 1 study, because most studies say that there can be a genetic component too, but that doesn’t mean that it isn’t partly your upbinging too. As far as we now know psycopaths are born that way and narcissists are made that way.

beahunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beahunny »

Is NPD genetic or learned? It's debatable. We aren't going to figure it out here.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

She's a c*nt. It doesn't matter why.Image

Miss Marple
Talker
Talker

Post by Miss Marple »

june+ping wrote:as she said it was, how come they didn't provide her with better environment? why she was left to "suffer" with her mother?? i don't know.....she's weird.
What I am about to say are pure speculations and I’m not a mental health professional so not diagnosis either, but here we go:

I’ve been asking myself the same question. How come the father left his children in “poverty” with their struggling single mother?

Let’s pretend that lydle told the truth and that indeed they were left to struggle on their own.

If we go with the hypothesis that the mother is indeed a covert narcissist who pushed the father away to the point of alienating him from his children. This would explain the passive aggressive dissing that lydle displays towards her mother. The manipulations she was exposed tkbas a child left her with mixed emotions and a sense of guilt. Narcissists are know for using emotional blackmail.

Or it could be that the father is the covert narcissist who discarded his ex-wife and children without remorse once he got bored with them and moved on for a younger and prettier woman to fit better his ego. Lydle seems to idolise her father and his family and seems to be eager to get his approval.

But if lydle is one the NPD spectrum then all she says should be taken with a pinch of salt as narcs are known for telling lies and exaggerated sob stories in order to garner sympathy and catch their victims. If that is the case then lydle’s delusion of grandeur must be quite high. Taking on toudands of viewers in one seating without any feat that some of us could catch the lies and the deception.

I really try to be carful as to not project my own live experience onto others (lydl, for instance) as I to have been at the receiving end of a BPD’s (with NPD(traits manipulations. And I seem to be hyper aware now to this kind of behaviour and the vibes that they give off. There is a certain level of discomfort that I cannot explain when I’m around them. Like something is not quite right and survival mode engages (fight or flight).

I also read somewhere that people who live with narcissists (or other cluster B personality disorders) tend to wither over time (physical and mentally).

Bearing in mind that what we see of lydle’s life is a curated and selective version of it, it still cannot hide the constant subtle digs, belittling, overt self-appraisals and lies. Imagine what the non curated version!!!!!! It’s not a good brand image either if she thinks that she has found her image/usp in this weird charade of hers.

Muff_Puff
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Muff_Puff »

I like it that Lidl doesn't give us any "material" yet this thread still moves forward like a steam train

Can the new thread title please include the tablecloth body condom outfit?

Or the cat pissing on her head?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Might be an unpopular opinion, but focusing so much on diagnostic terms and whether these are triggered by emotional or biological reasons isn't really for the best, and not exactly going to be valid considering. All we can speculate on is how Lydia constantly changes her story to fit a narrative, one minute she's impoverished, homeless, the next she's Summering in the Italian family home and carrying on the tradition of Cartier watches. Lydia for whatever reason seems to idolise her father and his family, from them being more interesting due to having Iranian & Italian heritage (seriously), to being better, kinder people simply because they have the ability to purchase material goods, and this is seen as a shared interest. It's easy to idolise a family who you only see occasionally, who shows you a "nicer" more luxe life,as opposed to the experience of day in day out parenting which wont be all sunshine and rainbows. Her comments about the living arrangements at her mum's just came off as really tactless, as though, big empty house is somehow better. Having your own house, your own "box room' is a much more relaxing, private and stable environment than the many kids who would have had to share their room with siblings, maybe even other relatives, and also raising the point that currently there are many children living in temp. accommodation like Bed and Breakfasts. It's like that woman in the Addam's family who set her house on fie because she got the wrong doll as a child, get a grip. Using your audience as a way to slag of your private figure mother in public, relating always to material wealth with passive aggressive sponsored posts and tweets comes off as being the badder person here. If there was emotional abuse at play or relative poverty, then this doesn't get translated in posts that put down her mum because she had a small bedroom, or never taught her about a luxury skincare regime.

Lexopedia
Learner
Learner

Post by Lexopedia »

Guys, watch this video. It is an amazing, interesting interview with an expert on narcissism. She explains everything in depth and is entertaining.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

Sounds better tho doesn't it?
I grew up without a pot to piss in & now look at me in my big extended bungalow.

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

ImageImage

GeorgeePorgee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GeorgeePorgee »

Well now you mention it...
Lydia I love how you've gained to a healthy weight this yearImageImageImageImageImage

Miss Marple
Talker
Talker

Post by Miss Marple »

lightrain wrote:Might be an unpopular opinion, but focusing so much on diagnostic terms and whether these are triggered by emotional or biological reasons isn't really for the best, and not exactly going to be valid considering. All we can speculate on is how Lydia constantly changes her story to fit a narrative, one minute she's impoverished, homeless, the next she's Summering in the Italian family home and carrying on the tradition of Cartier watches. Lydia for whatever reason seems to idolise her father and his family, from them being more interesting due to having Iranian & Italian heritage (seriously), to being better, kinder people simply because they have the ability to purchase material goods, and this is seen as a shared interest. It's easy to idolise a family who you only see occasionally, who shows you a "nicer" more luxe life,as opposed to the experience of day in day out parenting which wont be all sunshine and rainbows. Her comments about the living arrangements at her mum's just came off as really tactless, as though, big empty house is somehow better. Having your own house, your own "box room' is a much more relaxing, private and stable environment than the many kids who would have had to share their room with siblings, maybe even other relatives, and also raising the point that currently there are many children living in temp. accommodation like Bed and Breakfasts. It's like that woman in the Addam's family who set her house on fie because she got the wrong doll as a child, get a grip. Using your audience as a way to slag of your private figure mother in public, relating always to material wealth with passive aggressive sponsored posts and tweets comes off as being the badder person here. If there was emotional abuse at play or relative poverty, then this doesn't get translated in posts that put down her mum because she had a small bedroom, or never taught her about a luxury skincare regime.
I don’t think that you make a valid point. I’ll gladly leave the clinical diagnosis and clinical terms out of the conversation. I also appreciate some of us who are not necessarily medically qualified but have had first hand experience with suspected or diagnosed cluster b personalities (borderline, narcissist, instrionic, antisocial, etc) find lydl’s behaviour and lies rather familiar and triggering. She has sparked a conversation on mental health issues, for sure. But I agree that we are running on what she chooses to portray, speculations and suspicions, so there’s that.

Quite strange that she would find the material that is being edited on her behalf okay though. And the shameless self-congratulating tweets!!!

She is certainly vain and conceited with a penchat for hard-to-keep-up-with lies, and that doesn’t need to be defined medically or diagnosed by a professional.

Although quite a fertile ground for vain people and avid consumers, creative industries such fashion and makeup are about art, skills and expression. Lydle represents none of the latter. She is just cog in the wheel. Another face for hyper-consumerism. Beyond the shallowness and insipidity, there is a deeper conversation to be had. Yet these people have such a reach through their platform which is what alarms me as well as frustrates me. One has to make a living but these are selling out and setting worrying exemples.

Anyway, I don’t like what I see of lydle. So based on what she puts out there, I’ll say that, in my books, she’s indeed a conceited a**h**e :FU:

Return to “Lydia Millen”