Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Prat in a Hat - Lydia Elise Millen-Gordon #12

Post by Louisaholic »

YouTubeaddict15 wrote:
wattm017-318 wrote:http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 04966.html
Could this be the house? High ceiling in the kitchen/dining room, looks like theres countryside around it, under offer?
Yeah you could be right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope - no double height celing in the kitchen for her chandelier.

SipTheTea
Debater
Debater

Post by SipTheTea »

Sausageparty wrote:Image

£900 on a pair of clown boots!? She’s mental! You could go to Spain for a month for that! They’ll be on depop by next week and jo canon will buy them to sniff every night

For some reason the film of Roald Dahl's 'The Witches' sprung to mind looking at these! Image

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Sausageparty
Learner
Learner

Post by Sausageparty »

SipTheTea wrote:

£900 on a pair of clown boots!? She’s mental! You could go to Spain for a month for that! They’ll be on depop by next week and jo canon will buy them to sniff every night

For some reason the film of Roald Dahl's 'The Witches' sprung to mind looking at these!

Omg yesss!!!!! What’s that other book he did? I’m sure it was him or maybe it was the same one as the witches I’ll have to google it. It was something like how to spot a witch and how they conceal and hide it ahaha they have no toes and have to hide it and they have to wear gloves and a hat

Sausageparty
Learner
Learner

Post by Sausageparty »

SipTheTea wrote:

For some reason the film of Roald Dahl's 'The Witches' sprung to mind looking at these! Image

It was the witches ahahaha legend

https://mutteringretreat.wordpress.com/ ... e-a-witch/

Sausageparty
Learner
Learner

Post by Sausageparty »

Imagem

Good old Lidl squeezing her feet into pointy shoes

Louisaholic
Debater
Debater

Post by Louisaholic »

lwa04 wrote:I really couldn’t give a shit about her being a shot girl in Ibiza. I do give a shit about her fucking horrific taste in homewares. I actually can’t wait for the Millen pound mansion to be finished so we can see how horrendously tacky it’s going to look. She can pretend to be as luxe as she likes but there is no hiding her awful taste.

Agreed! everyone has a past, I certainly know Id not want people digging out my photos from when I was 19 - not an eyebrow in sight!!!

But I also dont think no matter what she does shes gonna win, if she spend 600 on a tea spoon everyone would be up in arms in here but if she goes to IKEA and is more relateable to alot of people shes 'not luxe enough' BTW my silverware is vera wang for wedgewood! :) I used to love this site cuz it was a bit catty but more sarcastic and humourous .......... now its just a bit of a hate form! No i'm not Lydia and No i'm not jealous or a fan, I guess I just kinda feel a little sorry for her at this stage. There used to be alot of constructive critisim on this now...... not so much. I think she had a good chance to redeem herself by reading alot of the views, suggestion and ideas ..... she let a good oppertunity go.

Hunevoque
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hunevoque »

Sorry but a bit difficult to give constructive criticism as fuck all is going on in her life. She hasn’t constructed a thing for months.
I wouldn’t say it is hate , but just amusement and a laugh, that someone can get away with such crap . <3 :love2:

Hoofhearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hoofhearted »

Cookieblog wrote:Oh and I just spotted another one of those awful lamps on instagram today. Perhaps they're the latest ridiculous blogger trend. Sorry can't post the pic cos I don't have the app but here's the link. The location is tagged as the Mandrake hotel London... another of lydias haunts.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Be2uXQbH_jL/
I suppose they'll be well off for feather dusters for a few years in the houses those monstrosities end up perched in.

Hoofhearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hoofhearted »

Sausageparty wrote:Imagem

Good old Lidl squeezing her feet into pointy shoes

That describes Lydia's hobbit feet to a tee :rofl:

Hoofhearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hoofhearted »

Nope. I miss the old Lydia, the humble and grateful one. I couldn't give a shit if she bought teaspoons in poundland or Fortnums. It's the way she acts that irks me. Those boots make her look like a wading bird, I don't care (and didn't know) where she got them from. They don't suit her. When she resumes being grateful for all the items that are sent to her, then I'll sit back and perhaps enjoy her vlogs again. Until then, she's fair game.

Hoofhearted
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hoofhearted »

Louisaholic wrote:
lwa04 wrote:I really couldn’t give a shit about her being a shot girl in Ibiza. I do give a shit about her fucking horrific taste in homewares. I actually can’t wait for the Millen pound mansion to be finished so we can see how horrendously tacky it’s going to look. She can pretend to be as luxe as she likes but there is no hiding her awful taste.

Agreed! everyone has a past, I certainly know Id not want people digging out my photos from when I was 19 - not an eyebrow in sight!!!

But I also dont think no matter what she does shes gonna win, if she spend 600 on a tea spoon everyone would be up in arms in here but if she goes to IKEA and is more relateable to alot of people shes 'not luxe enough' BTW my silverware is vera wang for wedgewood! :) I used to love this site cuz it was a bit catty but more sarcastic and humourous .......... now its just a bit of a hate form! No i'm not Lydia and No i'm not jealous or a fan, I guess I just kinda feel a little sorry for her at this stage. There used to be alot of constructive critisim on this now...... not so much. I think she had a good chance to redeem herself by reading alot of the views, suggestion and ideas ..... she let a good oppertunity go.
She did; I honestly think that if she just sat back and had a look at her old vlogs she would see where she has gone wrong and off the path that she once was on.

As I recall, Lydia gets homesick very easily, something I sympathise (and understand) with hugely, I have wondered if this is what might have stopped her going on some of the more recent campaigns. But, she needs to stop once in a while and have a look back and ask herself where it is that she could take herself as she goes forward. If she can't be away from home, if she's agoraphobic, then she could work with that perhaps.

Sausageparty
Learner
Learner

Post by Sausageparty »

Absolutely agree. I used to watch her and had to unsubscribe I got sick of her attitude and parading her designer shit about in people’s faces. Her content is unoriginal and she’s just plain boring. She’s self obsessed and thinks everybody loves her. Moron. Utter moron she is.

pestaround
Debater
Debater

Post by pestaround »

Cookieblog wrote:Oh and I just spotted another one of those awful lamps on instagram today. Perhaps they're the latest ridiculous blogger trend. Sorry can't post the pic cos I don't have the app but here's the link. The location is tagged as the Mandrake hotel London... another of lydias haunts.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Be2uXQbH_jL/
When I looked at the pictures on the shop website I’d assumed they were table lamps, this is so much worse!

Cookieblog
Talker
Talker

Post by Cookieblog »

Did anyone see that movie "the witches" it used to scare the living daylights out of me as a kid. :rofl: now you mentioned it I can imagine Lydia sitting in that witches conference room getting ready to pull her wig off. :o I hope I don't have nightmares tonight...

Hereforthrshade101
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Hereforthrshade101 »

sausage-designer wrote:
Hoofhearted wrote:
sausage-designer wrote:
PixelGirl wrote:
AgnesP wrote:I know it’s not all about me(!) but having had a couple of brushes with the grim reaper, and having lost a couple of friends who were very young, I never save anything for best!

I burn my lovely Candles, spray my £100 per 100ml Perfume on every day - even if I’m just doing the Ironing. And I wear my lovely clothes to go to my friends house to eat takeaway and watch TV. Life is too bloddy short to hoard things and keep things for “best”.

I have not seen the Vlog which features the Tea and Coffee? I’m guessing they come in nice “Caddies”? in which case she can refill them with other brands and still enjoy the packaging.

I hate being mean about anyone. But Lydia really was dragged up (rather than ‘brought’ up) wasn’t she?
Sorry to read you've had such a tough time, glad you're now feeling better. Yes, that is the attitude, embrace the now xx

Yes, you're correct, they were from Harrods she said, three containers, one of which was a caramel coffee or hot chocolate which she found out in Ali's vlog he'd used up. Easily refilled really, but she was keeping them and said they were from last year. I seem to remember Claire buying her something like that the Christmas before this, or maybe Galentines night? If so, it's been kicking about for a while!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Haha Galentines made me think of gherkins and Ali, all in one word. *ghAlintines* oh my, I start questioning my decision of posting those pics, cause since then I haven’t seen any gherkins irl. Hehe I hope when I do I’ll have a moment on my own to laugh it off without people questioning my sanity.

Anyway, you’re girls are the sweetest with that tea talk, reminded of my very good British friend who also sent me Yorkshire tea a year ago. Ahhhh, lovely memories such a shame Lidl is British, what a disgrace for such caring nation ;)
Can we fob her off to the Italians/Iranians?! :rofl:

As for the tea, it's the stuff of nightmares to be without Yorkshire tea in this house. I also highly recommend Tea Palace for some lovely teas, their Afternoon at the Palace with a teaspoon of the caramel or toffee tea is delicious. And unlike Lydia, we drink it. Ali should have just kept his mouth shut about the hot chocolate and/or tea that he'd drunk and replaced it with Tesco Basics :P
Hahaha I think Italians on this thread will protest and Lydia will be banished to the unsuspecting Iranians with her ketchup flooded pizza *whoops*

Ehhh I realized tea is not a thing in Denmark at all, after they served me regular mint tea with bloody licorice in it. BLOODY LICORICE IS EVERYWHERE. So yeah, I drink tea at home now or when I’m back to motherland lol

Isn’t it a pity though, having all this “posh” tea and not even know how it tastes like? I mean, he really could just put some pickwick or greenfield tea and she’d probably never know! Cause the jar is the tastiest part anyway *eyeroll*

He he I am Danish - and now live in Denmark and love liquorice [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
I take it you're not Danish Image?

I have to say though that even though majority of Danes drink coffee - there's always Earl Grey on offer at my work place! But despite my 20 yrs in UK I never became a tea drinker Image

Sausageparty
Learner
Learner

Post by Sausageparty »

Cookieblog wrote:Did anyone see that movie "the witches" it used to scare the living daylights out of me as a kid. :rofl: now you mentioned it I can imagine Lydia sitting in that witches conference room getting ready to pull her wig off. :o I hope I don't have nightmares tonight...
Yes :rofl: bet that’s why she got her nose and has so much Botox :rofl: poor Aldi has to watch her pull her wig off every night

sausage-designer
Talker
Talker

Post by sausage-designer »

MoanyMinnie wrote:
sausage-designer wrote:
Hoofhearted wrote:
sausage-designer wrote:
PixelGirl wrote:Sorry to read you've had such a tough time, glad you're now feeling better. Yes, that is the attitude, embrace the now xx

Yes, you're correct, they were from Harrods she said, three containers, one of which was a caramel coffee or hot chocolate which she found out in Ali's vlog he'd used up. Easily refilled really, but she was keeping them and said they were from last year. I seem to remember Claire buying her something like that the Christmas before this, or maybe Galentines night? If so, it's been kicking about for a while!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Haha Galentines made me think of gherkins and Ali, all in one word. *ghAlintines* oh my, I start questioning my decision of posting those pics, cause since then I haven’t seen any gherkins irl. Hehe I hope when I do I’ll have a moment on my own to laugh it off without people questioning my sanity.

Anyway, you’re girls are the sweetest with that tea talk, reminded of my very good British friend who also sent me Yorkshire tea a year ago. Ahhhh, lovely memories such a shame Lidl is British, what a disgrace for such caring nation ;)
Can we fob her off to the Italians/Iranians?! :rofl:

As for the tea, it's the stuff of nightmares to be without Yorkshire tea in this house. I also highly recommend Tea Palace for some lovely teas, their Afternoon at the Palace with a teaspoon of the caramel or toffee tea is delicious. And unlike Lydia, we drink it. Ali should have just kept his mouth shut about the hot chocolate and/or tea that he'd drunk and replaced it with Tesco Basics :P
Hahaha I think Italians on this thread will protest and Lydia will be banished to the unsuspecting Iranians with her ketchup flooded pizza *whoops*

Ehhh I realized tea is not a thing in Denmark at all, after they served me regular mint tea with bloody licorice in it. BLOODY LICORICE IS EVERYWHERE. So yeah, I drink tea at home now or when I’m back to motherland lol

Isn’t it a pity though, having all this “posh” tea and not even know how it tastes like? I mean, he really could just put some pickwick or greenfield tea and she’d probably never know! Cause the jar is the tastiest part anyway *eyeroll*

He he I am Danish - and now live in Denmark and love liquorice [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
I take it you're not Danish Image?

I have to say though that even though majority of Danes drink coffee - there's always Earl Grey on offer at my work place! But despite my 20 yrs in UK I never became a tea drinker Image

Haha I’m not surprised, my husband is Danish and his first gift to me was three types of licorice candy and Danish chocolate :D he used to never drink tea as well, but I helped him discover a brand new world ;) you could try Aveda tea ( https://m.aveda.com/product/5210/16719/ ... _%2F_140_g ) or this one https://www.perchs.dk/index.php?page=sp ... hp&ID=3093 my Danish family likes them cause they’re rich with licorice :)

Haha and about that witch book, I laughed hard at the wig part ImageImageImageImage maybe she could use the ostrich lamp as a broom and set off to space eventually to escape the bullies:p

avabella
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by avabella »

Why am I getting Legally Blonde vibes??

Post by Guest »

Cookieblog wrote:Sorry for the tripple post but I just found the link for the Harrods tea video... gift exchange starts at 1.00 if anyone cares to watch... it's quite cringe
What a nice Gift. They can totally use the contents and refill the pretty caddies.

immyym
Debater
Debater

Post by immyym »

Finally got round to watching her most recent vlog and I just can’t believe how ungrateful she came across opening the goody bag. Of course she wanted to use it for the extra watch time on her video, but she would’ve been so much better off just showing a quick clip of everything on the table and saying “wow thank you so much cult beauty for this amazing goody bag” etc and maybe mentioning the items she already owns and uses. Most youtubers would do something like a small giveaway of anything they already have loads of in storage, especially when they’re moving house. Doesn’t she realise these things have use by dates?
I honestly think it’s reached this point where these tiny things that don’t take any real effort make such a huge difference in the way these “influencers” come across. I think her channel and career in general would benefits from making these small changes, I just really can’t understand the majority of decisions she’s making at this point...

Return to “Lydia Millen”