ForeverYours0727

getREAL
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ForeverYours0727

Post by getREAL »

nailpolishaddict wrote:I guess it was a glitch in my phone cause i can see them now
That happens to me every so often on my phone.
You can pay for school but you can't buy class!

BubbleBow16
Informer
Informer

Post by BubbleBow16 »

yeah she was super orange in her new video. i also hate how she gives tips… but they are only tips for her skin type, face shape, eye shape etc. Like she automatically thinks that it will work for others too. Like… you never want to do a full winged liner for an everyday look its just too much. Yeah maybe for you and your microscopic eyes but not for people with larger eyes… or when she talks about contouring her face. she always says things like "don't do this" yeah… for YOU but not everyone looks exactly like you. She knows nothing about makeup for anyone else besides her.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

Well I mean isn't that the point? These girls give us their tips and we tend to gravitate towards the ones who have similar physical qualities to ourselves? Obviously she's going to give tips for her "type" because that's what she knows. I wouldn't want to take tips on how to maintain naturally curly hair from someone with naturally straight hair (just throwing that out as an example).
Image Image

BubbleBow16
Informer
Informer

Post by BubbleBow16 »

freckles mcgee wrote:Well I mean isn't that the point? These girls give us their tips and we tend to gravitate towards the ones who have similar physical qualities to ourselves? Obviously she's going to give tips for her "type" because that's what she knows. I wouldn't want to take tips on how to maintain naturally curly hair from someone with naturally straight hair (just throwing that out as an example).
i totally agree with you actually.. the only thing that bothers me about kayleigh is she doesn't say "for my small eyes i prefer to line halfway" Its more along the lines of "You never want to line your full lash line for an everyday look because its too much!"

I find her to act like a know it all… and when she states tips its across the board… like "DONT DO THIS because it doesn't work for me so it won't work for you."

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

freckles mcgee wrote:Well I mean isn't that the point? These girls give us their tips and we tend to gravitate towards the ones who have similar physical qualities to ourselves? Obviously she's going to give tips for her "type" because that's what she knows. I wouldn't want to take tips on how to maintain naturally curly hair from someone with naturally straight hair (just throwing that out as an example).
Oh don't you know, Kayleigh can never do anything right? You're supposed to hate on every little thing she doesn't even breathe properly.

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

^^Anyone can say that about any guru so that defense is really tiring. She gets praised and critiqued just the same. There are things one may not like that others do and in the course of conversation others may change their mind. Being that she's a beauty guru who puts her life out there its naive to believe she won't get talked about, even if they are little pet peeves people have opinions about. If all one wants is praises then a rave thread is what they should seek out.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

Bluel wrote:^^Anyone can say that about any guru so that defense is really tiring. She gets praised and critiqued just the same. There are things one may not like that others do and in the course of conversation others may change their mind. Being that she's a beauty guru who puts her life out there its naive to believe she won't get talked about, even if they are little pet peeves people have opinions about. If all one wants is praises then a rave thread is what they should seek out.
I'm not defending her nor do I want to praise her. I'm not a fan of hers and use to participate in this thread actively from the beginning but stopped a few months ago because things got really vacuous. Have a nice day. :)

ewkitty
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ewkitty »

Her foundation did get less orange... maybe she fixed the setting on her camera mid-way thru, though she definitely wears too much, it always looks cakey!

Also, she's in love with Jaclyn Hill and copies some of her stuff: mixing Mac's Emphasize with some yellow powder... the bloopers at the end of the video... the steps of doing her makeup (eyes first, foundation, then lower lashline) there's prob more.

All that said so, it's nice to see her growing her channel.

OH... UNRELATED QUESTION... PLZ HELP!!

Why make the big stink about using a pinky under-eye concealer, just to use a yellowish powder on top? Confused.

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

This thread is a lot tamer then most on the site, but moving right along...

When she did the bloopers, that's when you could really see how caked on her makeup was. I understand she opened up more from doing the vlogs, but it hasn't had a positive effect on her beauty channel. The only thing it has shown is how immature and codependent she is.

It is good to see her keeping up with her channel, I just still would like to see more variety from her.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

I feel like I'm constantly defending her but I really like Kayleigh. I like her personality in both the vlogs and her beauty videos. It's nice to see someone who isn't rambling off brands like a commercial. I know she is sponsored but I don't feel like I'm watching an infomercial when I watch her. She really is one of my favorites and obviously she doesn't do everything perfect and I don't even really watch her for her tutorials/skills.

And yeah her jokes can be immature and lame sometimes but if you look at Matt he has the same exact sense of humor. So it would make sense that Kayleigh jokes that way too. And I don't see a problem with her being codependent. Yes she should be able to go to the store and vlog without Matt there but I really don't see a problem with how they're living their lives together. There's definitely room for improvement. I'm not attacking anyone in this thread it's just these two things are the most discussed about Kayleigh.

I'm really excited that she's keeping up with her channel. And I agree with Bluel on wanting more variety. You can only do so many Nude/Pink looks. I'm not the best at guessing this but it looks like she has yellow undertones so I think that Morange lipstick she has would look really good on her. I'm waiting for the day she does a tutorial with it. Which I will probably die before that ever happens.
Image Image

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

^^I agree that I don't feel like she's doing an infomercial when watching her sponsored videos, I just miss her more professional side she had back before vlogs. I like that she uses things until they are gone, unfortunately thay results in the same type of tutorials lol, and doesn't fall into all these trending makeup products.

Like I've said previously, her immaturity wouldn't be such an issue if it didn't seem so forced. Their relationship works for them and that's great for them, but at times its quite clear she wants more and her codependency and laziness is what appears to be preventing that. It seems like Matt likes the way she is or maybe not and we just don't see it, who knows, but personally I feel as though her vlogs haven't shown her in the best light. Also I really do hope she has a backup plan and is doing more for her brand besides what we've seen.

Lahvit
Debater
Debater

Post by Lahvit »

Bluel wrote:^^I agree that I don't feel like she's doing an infomercial when watching her sponsored videos, I just miss her more professional side she had back before vlogs. I like that she uses things until they are gone, unfortunately thay results in the same type of tutorials lol, and doesn't fall into all these trending makeup products.

Like I've said previously, her immaturity wouldn't be such an issue if it didn't seem so forced. Their relationship works for them and that's great for them, but at times its quite clear she wants more and her codependency and laziness is what appears to be preventing that. It seems like Matt likes the way she is or maybe not and we just don't see it, who knows, but personally I feel as though her vlogs haven't shown her in the best light. Also I really do hope she has a backup plan and is doing more for her brand besides what we've seen.
100% agree with you. It's nice to see some personality in her beauty videos but I don't like seeing her forced ditzy side. Why do gurus dumb themselves down? Yes, Kayleigh frequently tries too much to be goofy, it's hard to describe...

pseudo1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pseudo1 »

Their vlogs are boring as heck.I feel like kaleigh acts like she's still a teenager, that's annoying as fuck.She cakes on the makeup, her eyebrows are absolutly awful, And I feel that she has a bad hygiene, Like someone mentioned earlier she was picking the heck out off her toes in one of her vlogs and that was Repulsive I don't think she even washed her hand after that,I don't know I just can feel that she smells.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

Bluel wrote:^^I agree that I don't feel like she's doing an infomercial when watching her sponsored videos, I just miss her more professional side she had back before vlogs. I like that she uses things until they are gone, unfortunately thay results in the same type of tutorials lol, and doesn't fall into all these trending makeup products.

I really like that about her too. She doesn't seem too wasteful. And when she shows something in a favorites video I can know she actually likes it since we've seen her use it more times than we'd like haha.

I agree! There's some things that I would edit out if I were her. I can't think of an example but it's usually just little things in passing where I think "did she actually leave that in?" Usually I think she doesn't notice. Also I feel like she doesn't edit anything out of the vlogs. It seems like she just puts it together and uploads it. Which is maybe why she leaves in stuff she could probably leave out.

Does anyone think she'll actually go to IMATS? I think Kayleigh just dropped it as a hint to Matt that she wants to go. And like someone said here before she wouldn't go without him.
Image Image

Lahvit
Debater
Debater

Post by Lahvit »

I actually liked her newest tutorial, nothing exciting, but it looked nice on her.

Bluel
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bluel »

Her new tutorial was good, although I always feel she goes really heavy in her lashes and liner, sometimes too heavy.

I really liked the gloss she had tried in the vlog too. Thats the kind of branching out she needs to try for her tutorials even though you could tell she was leary of it.

I don't see her going to IMATS. She never wanted to spend the money before. Unless that's her big announcement. But, she really needs to stop with the constant car talk. Matt said in a few years and now she's all about test driving and getting one asap. Thats not a few years. Unless she's planning to pay for it.

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

I felt like her lashes looked kind of off to me in that video. I wanna try that foundation though.

Yeah the car thing shouldn't happen for a while. Matt would be more likely to want to get it sooner if she actually drove more. And she doesn't really have anywhere to go since she works from home and doesn't drive to see friends. Matt is her best friend so she naturally goes everywhere with him and he always wants to drive. That car would be more for him than for her. The only place she'd drive it to is CVS and to drop him off at the bus stop.

I think it would be great if she went to IMATS (even though I know it won't happen). If they went for a few days she'd have the chance to film collabs and meet other gurus and her subscribers. I think she's missing so many opportunities by waiting around for Matt to go with her.
Image Image

getREAL
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by getREAL »

February favorites and March is over halfway done. Oh, ok... it's stuff like that. She has nothing but time.
You can pay for school but you can't buy class!

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

getREAL wrote:February favorites and March is over halfway done. Oh, ok... it's stuff like that. She has nothing but time.
I was extremely confused in the vlog when she said she was filming them. I thought she meant March but just said February. I would've just skipped February and did a joint one for March.
Image Image

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

Couldn't edit to add but I think she's changing makeup rooms. Which I do prefer the lighting in the cat's room now.
Image Image

Return to “ForeverYours0727”