ThaPaleaa: Sponsored by Amazon (ThaTaylaa) | Part 4

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: ThaPaleaa: Sponsored by Amazon (ThaTaylaa) | Part 4

Post by larrie »

lovemichelleleah wrote:I’ve been reading posts about Taylor for awhile now but I finally felt compelled to create an account and make a post after watching her most recent video.

During the video she pulls out the exact Kat Von D foundation she purchased FIVE YEARS AGO. She admits that it’s “definitely expired” and “pretty crusty.” After a brief review she then repeats how “crusty” the bottle is and says “this needs to be washed” then quickly adds “or thrown in the trash” but we all know she’s not ACTUALLY going to throw it away. Gross.

A few minutes later she starts talking about an eyeshadow palette she purchase in 2013. She says she might still have it but then she realizes she “RECENTLY donated it to Project BeautyShare.”

BRB after I throw up.
She should feel ashamed of herself..donating 5 yr old crap to those in need meanwhile she has at least 100 new and untouched pallets that will sit and gather dust in her drawers. Pathetic

fauni
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fauni »

lovemichelleleah wrote:I’ve been reading posts about Taylor for awhile now but I finally felt compelled to create an account and make a post after watching her most recent video.

During the video she pulls out the exact Kat Von D foundation she purchased FIVE YEARS AGO. She admits that it’s “definitely expired” and “pretty crusty.” After a brief review she then repeats how “crusty” the bottle is and says “this needs to be washed” then quickly adds “or thrown in the trash” but we all know she’s not ACTUALLY going to throw it away. Gross.

A few minutes later she starts talking about an eyeshadow palette she purchase in 2013. She says she might still have it but then she realizes she “RECENTLY donated it to Project BeautyShare.”

BRB after I throw up.
To be fair she said she only uses it for swatches, which makes sense to me. I think it's a pretty good baseline since it was one of the first pale foundations out there. I don't think she's used it as a swatch in any recent foundation reviews though? I could be wrong. But I def don't think she's used it on her face in years

I'm a little more perturbed by the eyeshadow. 5 years is a lot but I have shadow palettes I still use from years ago, I think most people do. It's the only makeup product I'll use past it's "expiration date". I feel like shadow has more wiggle room than other face products, but that's also shadow that's only been used by me. I would never use 5 year old "used" makeup, but she also used to buy from Glambot all the time. Ick.

lemon cakes
Talker
Talker

Post by lemon cakes »

Remember when she got the entire collection of photo edit shadow trios from smashbox. There were like 16 different trio pallets that looked like camera lenses. Anyway, Taylor kept one and put the other 15 in her donate bin. Then she tried the trio she kept and decided she liked it, so she took out the other 15 pallets that were in her donate bin and kept them.

She had no shame.

Also, that black accent wall in the living room of new place is really awful. It kills the space.

kknope
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kknope »

lemon cakes wrote:Did she get laser resurfacing done? Her skin looks completely scar free. She said it's due to rosehip oil, but I dunno...
She's been getting Brazilian laser, which is not something I necessarily needed to know lol.

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PearlescentPink »

fauni wrote:

BRB after I throw up.
To be fair she said she only uses it for swatches, which makes sense to me. I think it's a pretty good baseline since it was one of the first pale foundations out there. I don't think she's used it as a swatch in any recent foundation reviews though? I could be wrong. But I def don't think she's used it on her face in years

I'm a little more perturbed by the eyeshadow. 5 years is a lot but I have shadow palettes I still use from years ago, I think most people do. It's the only makeup product I'll use past it's "expiration date". I feel like shadow has more wiggle room than other face products, but that's also shadow that's only been used by me. I would never use 5 year old "used" makeup, but she also used to buy from Glambot all the time. Ick.
How accurate is the shade of 5 year old foundation I wonder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just your typical vainglorious bitch <3 .

feelingfamiliar
Talker
Talker

Post by feelingfamiliar »

PearlescentPink wrote:
fauni wrote:

BRB after I throw up.

But either way, we already know that she use her light to drown out her skin color??? But who cares, shes always been full of shit. Her entire youtube careeer is based on being SO0o0o0o0o light. Really though, go fuck yourself.I think shes just upset that her usual stick of "IM S0 PAIL AND OMG NOTHING MATFCHES ME" isnt working anymore

That may be an issue but no matter what, she still manipulates her followers into thinking she is lighter than she is. And even though in the real world, no one gives a shit about how light she is, that her brand she finally acknowledging and owning up to it would ruin her brand.

pathetic if you ask me

feelingfamiliar
Talker
Talker

Post by feelingfamiliar »

PearlescentPink wrote:
fauni wrote:

BRB after I throw up.

But either way, we already know that she use her light to drown out her skin color??? But who cares, shes always been full of shit. Her entire youtube careeer is based on being SO0o0o0o0o light. Really though, go fuck yourself.I think shes just upset that her usual stick of "IM S0 PAIL AND OMG NOTHING MATFCHES ME" isnt working anymore

That may be an issue but no matter what, she still manipulates her followers into thinking she is lighter than she is. And even though in the real world, no one gives a shit about how light she is, that her brand she finally acknowledging and owning up to it would ruin her brand.

pathetic if you ask me

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Post by TourDeForce »

PearlescentPink wrote:
fauni wrote:

BRB after I throw up.

Not very. I recently rediscovered my Kat Von D lock it foundation (in the same shade as Taylor) and I bought it roughly 7 years ago. I swatched it for shits and giggles and it was so orange and gritty.

TourDeForce
Informer
Informer

Post by TourDeForce »

PearlescentPink wrote:
fauni wrote:

BRB after I throw up.

Not very. I recently rediscovered my Kat Von D lock it foundation (in the same shade as Taylor) and I bought it roughly 7 years ago. I swatched it for shits and giggles and it was so orange and gritty.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

Is that her beau in her snapchat about post-op sleeping beauty...??

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

Okay, so... her latest video comparing the Tatcha primer to the NYX one.

Did I miss something or did she only do this video because she was browsing drugstore makeup and thought "hey, this kinda looks a bit like the new Tatcha primer!" Like... they both come in a potted formula, and both happen to be face primers. THAT'S IT. She didn't compare the ingredients or anything else in store aside from that. No word of the NYX one being a dupe, having a similar texture, heavily demanded by her viewers, etc. just that they're both, I guess, round??? :? as if these types of primers haven't existed for years? Surely she's aware of that. Though, this is Taylor we're talking about so idk.

She gets a lot of praise for her video ideas. Occasionally rightfully so (I guess), but most times I feel like she genuinely thinks her videos are genius and things nobody ever thinks of, when usually there's a reason nobody's ever done them.

kknope
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kknope »

FFL wrote:Is that her beau in her snapchat about post-op sleeping beauty...??
Yeah that was weird.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

^^^ Yeah, she got a lot of positive comments on the old Sephora purchases video, too, and I didn't think it was that creative? Different, yeah, but not mind blowing like subs were making it out to be.

And the thumbnail seemed like click bait with that stupid "EXPOSED" stamp. Like what the hell? You're not exposing Sephora for anything. You're looking at purchases you made 5 years ago, how is that exposed? Is your Sephora shopping that much of a secret?

PearlescentPink
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PearlescentPink »

Next Up on PearlyP T.V., we go through my Staples order history and I tell you what the first thing I bought for my job was.

Probably a stapler and a 3 hole-punch. I can’t stand wonky holes.

Just your typical vainglorious bitch <3 .

yeowangjiwoo
Talker
Talker

Post by yeowangjiwoo »

also I'll never get over the fact that half those ~pale princesses~ watching Taylor aren't even that pale half the time (just like her) , you're not special cause you can't match your undertones

dramallama
Learner
Learner

Post by dramallama »

How much longer is she going to milk these damn moving vlogs? Good lord. Also I started cracking up when she was talking about a perfume being "a good mixer". OF COURSE she mixes her perfumes the same way she does foundations, powders, concealers, everything else.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

dramallama wrote:How much longer is she going to milk these damn moving vlogs? Good lord. Also I started cracking up when she was talking about a perfume being "a good mixer". OF COURSE she mixes her perfumes the same way she does foundations, powders, concealers, everything else.
I rolled my eyes so hard when she started talking about perfume mixing. I was like bitch really?? Just buy one perfume that you like the scent of. I just can’t deal with how much of annoyance she is with her mixing.

lauralovescats09
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lauralovescats09 »

dramallama wrote:How much longer is she going to milk these damn moving vlogs? Good lord. Also I started cracking up when she was talking about a perfume being "a good mixer". OF COURSE she mixes her perfumes the same way she does foundations, powders, concealers, everything else.
I rolled my eyes so hard when she started talking about perfume mixing. I was like bitch really?? Just buy one perfume that you like the scent of. I just can’t deal with how much of annoyance she is with her mixing.

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

yeowangjiwoo wrote:also I'll never get over the fact that half those ~pale princesses~ watching Taylor aren't even that pale half the time (just like her) , you're not special cause you can't match your undertones
Hey now, this is a trash Taylor thread, not her viewers haha. :rofl: I am half a shade LIGHTER than her (in the dead of winter) thank you! I feel personally attacked though I've contributed to this thread. :D

All in good fun of course. I only watch her because every once in a blue moon a product she tries might work well with my wretched undertones practically IMPOSSIBLE to match **exaggeration* I am neutral, but for real, a TON of pale shades are super yellow or super pink, which looks crazy on neutral pale skin.

The reason she's actually NOT helpful with color matching or how products actually perform is her obsession with mixing everything including primer. :roll:

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

yeowangjiwoo wrote:also I'll never get over the fact that half those ~pale princesses~ watching Taylor aren't even that pale half the time (just like her) , you're not special cause you can't match your undertones
Reminds me of Stephanie Nicole, who also claims to be "white as a ghost" but she's actually just light - she's not really fair. I don't know what it is with these BGs and wanting to be The Palest of Them All.

I started catching on to Taylor's lighting blowout when I bought a foundation shade because it seemed light enough per those clips, and when I got it I remember thinking "Did I get the wrong shade?"

I was watching an older video of hers from months ago and her lights were so bright you could barely make out her nose. I'm glad she's toned it down, but you can definitely see she's not quite as pale as she'd want you to believe.

Return to “ThaTaylaa / Taylor Wynn”