ThaPaleaa: Sponsored by Amazon (ThaTaylaa) | Part 4

dubstepford wife
Talker
Talker

Re: ThaPaleaa: Sponsored by Amazon (ThaTaylaa) | Part 4

Post by dubstepford wife »

I feel like the Sephora foundation video confirmed what I thought: she does have yellow undertones. As she was putting it on she's like, "Oh yeah, this is way too yellow" and I'm like, "What, no it isn't, it matches your neck really well." And then she showed it in natural light and it looked like a perfect match. I'm with her on Sephora foundations overall not being that great, if you want cheap you can get better at the drugstore, and that one in particular looked super heavy, but the shade match at least looked wonderful.

Sputnik
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sputnik »

dubstepford wife wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:29 am
I feel like the Sephora foundation video confirmed what I thought: she does have yellow undertones. As she was putting it on she's like, "Oh yeah, this is way too yellow" and I'm like, "What, no it isn't, it matches your neck really well." And then she showed it in natural light and it looked like a perfect match. I'm with her on Sephora foundations overall not being that great, if you want cheap you can get better at the drugstore, and that one in particular looked super heavy, but the shade match at least looked wonderful.
My thoughts as well, unless the lighting is way off and she's seeing something we're not seeing. Also, Taylor, girl, everything looks makeup-y when you put on a thick layer. Her skin is a little red, sure. But now that her acne is gone, why does she still prefer full-coverage everything and then say it looks makeup-y?

Chemical_Smell
Talker
Talker

Post by Chemical_Smell »

What was the foil for, since her hair is still jet black all over?

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

Chemical_Smell wrote:What was the foil for, since her hair is still jet black all over?
Supposed she got brown highlights but yeah, I can’t really see them either (at least in that photo lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killadiamondz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by killadiamondz »

I'm just gonna put it out there, I know she calls her fans Bae-ritos (which makes me cringe just typing it out) but has anyone even actually seen her eat a burrito? Where tf is that name coming from?

lemon cakes
Talker
Talker

Post by lemon cakes »

killadiamondz wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 am
I'm just gonna put it out there, I know she calls her fans Bae-ritos (which makes me cringe just typing it out) but has anyone even actually seen her eat a burrito? Where tf is that name coming from?
I've always wondered this too.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

killadiamondz wrote:
I think there was a time where she was always getting burritos from Chipotle, and even if she didn't eat it on camera, she would always show the bag or mention she just picked up a burrito in foundation check-ins / vlogs. So it became a thing like... got my burrito again, I love burritos and I love you guys, I love you like I love burritos, you all are burritos, you can be my baeritos.

Qweenbeauty
Talker
Talker

Post by Qweenbeauty »

Kcat89 wrote:
killadiamondz wrote:
I think there was a time where she was always getting burritos from Chipotle, and even if she didn't eat it on camera, she would always show the bag or mention she just picked up a burrito in foundation check-ins / vlogs. So it became a thing like... got my burrito again, I love burritos and I love you guys, I love you like I love burritos, you all are burritos, you can be my baeritos.
Imagine being a person who thinks liking burritos is a quirky personality trait lmaooo

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

Qweenbeauty wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:32 pm
Kcat89 wrote:
killadiamondz wrote:
Imagine being a person who thinks liking burritos is a quirky personality trait lmaooo

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I completely agree. Don't you remember though when liking burritos, tacos, naps, dogs, etc. got really popular for whatever reason? A year or 2 ago it was like every shirt at Target said some shit about liking those things... you know, those pretty objectively likable things hahaha. I like Taylor, but she is definitely the type of basic that would hop on that train.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

@Curlupanddye (nice name by the way) I totally agree, I think her biggest fault is that she has just become so damn boring. I can understand doing videos a certain way so they seem like her 'brand', but I can watch a video from her three years ago and watch today's video and she has the same exact routine of clips / phrases / zoom ins / monologues that it's so predictable and boring (the only difference is her acne). Same as ThriftThick, she hasn't changed it up in years. And since she doesn't change it up at all, it makes it so easy to focus on her minor flaws aka terrible hair and makeup hoard.

lemon cakes
Talker
Talker

Post by lemon cakes »

Tonight is day 7 of 15DOF and guess what guys? Her skin got oily from the foundation—again. How many foundations have made Taylor-I-have-dry-skin-since-I-got-off-accutane oily since 15DOF started?

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

Holy fuck. How many fucking times is she gonna say she has dry skin and then say the foundation made her oily.. which is sooo crazy cuz she has super dry skin. A matte foundation made her crispy desert face super oily??? Yah right. Dammit Taylor, just say you have oily skin for fucks sake. Sorry y'all, this chick is gettin to me!

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:58 pm
Kcat89 wrote:Holy fuck. How many fucking times is she gonna say she has dry skin and then say the foundation made her oily.. which is sooo crazy cuz she has super dry skin. A matte foundation made her crispy desert face super oily??? Yah right. Dammit Taylor, just say you have oily skin for fucks sake. Sorry y'all, this chick is gettin to me!
Until she brainwashes herself into believing it? It’s so obvious her skin went back to being oily now that she has been off Accutane for awhile. I don’t see what the point in lying is except to convince herself.

She can make new videos trying out the same foundations with her new "Dry Skin". So hilarious she used puts Dry Skin in the title of her videos now.

princezuko
Informer
Informer

Post by princezuko »

The thing I don't get is why she feels the need to convince herself and cling onto that? Like.. it's not even a personality trait or quirk - it's a skintype lol

Is it the same as her deal with being a "pale princess"? Previously she was vehemently insisting on her having the palest skin of all pales, but now she's able to admit that some foundations are too light for her (after like 3 years). Cosmetics have improved in their shade range and there's a ton of people with fair skin around the world. With her realizing this, is it that she needs other things to make her feel unique? Or market herself? Her acne's gone and she isn't the fairest of them all.. maybe dry skin is all she has since few gurus with scarring have dry skin. She's had that awful, stiff, black box-dyed hair with zero dimension ever since she started Youtube, despite looking way better with different cuts/colours. And the harsh, choppy microbladed brows that she still piles product on top of anyway. The monotone voice remains but she seems to speak normally around her friends.

I thought her channel catering to fair, acne skin was to fit a demanding niche. But now it's like that stuff is part of her identity. It's bizarre. She's what, 27? Her sense of style is outdated - as is her makeup at times - along with her weird editing shticks. Does she just.. find out about a trend and then follow it forever and never move on? So much for "everyone has the same hours in a day" when she lives as if she's straight out of 2013. :roll:

As much as Taylor wants to be different, she's a basic b*tch at heart. And that's fine! But she tries so hard sometimes.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

Sputnik wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:53 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:58 pm
Kcat89 wrote:Holy fuck. How many fucking times is she gonna say she has dry skin and then say the foundation made her oily.. which is sooo crazy cuz she has super dry skin. A matte foundation made her crispy desert face super oily??? Yah right. Dammit Taylor, just say you have oily skin for fucks sake. Sorry y'all, this chick is gettin to me!
Until she brainwashes herself into believing it? It’s so obvious her skin went back to being oily now that she has been off Accutane for awhile. I don’t see what the point in lying is except to convince herself.

She can make new videos trying out the same foundations with her new "Dry Skin". So hilarious she used puts Dry Skin in the title of her videos now.
Her brand used to be acne. Now she has latched onto dry skin as her brand. At least, she actually had acne before, though. She looks like a fool claiming to have dry skin every damn video despite her face turning into an oil slick. Get it together, Taylor!

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

princezuko wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:47 am
The thing I don't get is why she feels the need to convince herself and cling onto that? Like.. it's not even a personality trait or quirk - it's a skintype lol

Is it the same as her deal with being a "pale princess"? Previously she was vehemently insisting on her having the palest skin of all pales, but now she's able to admit that some foundations are too light for her (after like 3 years). Cosmetics have improved in their shade range and there's a ton of people with fair skin around the world. With her realizing this, is it that she needs other things to make her feel unique? Or market herself? Her acne's gone and she isn't the fairest of them all.. maybe dry skin is all she has since few gurus with scarring have dry skin. She's had that awful, stiff, black box-dyed hair with zero dimension ever since she started Youtube, despite looking way better with different cuts/colours. And the harsh, choppy microbladed brows that she still piles product on top of anyway. The monotone voice remains but she seems to speak normally around her friends.

I thought her channel catering to fair, acne skin was to fit a demanding niche. But now it's like that stuff is part of her identity. It's bizarre. She's what, 27? Her sense of style is outdated - as is her makeup at times - along with her weird editing shticks. Does she just.. find out about a trend and then follow it forever and never move on? So much for "everyone has the same hours in a day" when she lives as if she's straight out of 2013. :roll:

As much as Taylor wants to be different, she's a basic b*tch at heart. And that's fine! But she tries so hard sometimes.
This! All of this. You are correct.

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

Not to mention she’s being so misleading to her audience, many of whom I’m sure go by her foundation reviews. If they have dry skin and watch her thinking she has dry skin, then they’ll be passing up a lot of foundations because Tay Tay can’t be honest or accurate in the skin type she has. Now granted, they should do their own research and look at other reviews. But it just irks me that Taylor’s job is to review products accurately and serve as a source of information for her viewers. At least, that’s how the beauty community started anyway. Most are just in for the money now so they really don’t care how accurate they’re being as long as they get those views.

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

Green Eyed Gemini wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:05 am
Not to mention she’s being so misleading to her audience, many of whom I’m sure go by her foundation reviews. If they have dry skin and watch her thinking she has dry skin, then they’ll be passing up a lot of foundations because Tay Tay can’t be honest or accurate in the skin type she has. Now granted, they should do their own research and look at other reviews. But it just irks me that Taylor’s job is to review products accurately and serve as a source of information for her viewers. At least, that’s how the beauty community started anyway. Most are just in for the money now so they really don’t care how accurate they’re being as long as they get those views.

I don't even know how people took her foundation reviews seriously to begin with back when she had acne and oily skin. She would try to make all foundations full-coverage whether it was advertised as such or not, brought her concealer down half her face and set everything with a powder foundation. I don't have acne or oily skin, but she's the last person I'd watch if I wanted an accurate feel of how the foundation performed.

CatsMeow
Debater
Debater

Post by CatsMeow »

I think she realizes that she is not interesting in any way whatsoever, so she clings to anything she can.

Summerbreeze13
Learner
Learner

Post by Summerbreeze13 »

I find her foundation reviews somewhat helpful, but can she not put any form of enthusiasm in her voice whatsoever? She is so monotone that sometimes I have to turn off the video.

Return to “ThaTaylaa / Taylor Wynn”