True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: ThaPaleaa: Sponsored by Amazon (ThaTaylaa) | Part 4

Post by Raven_nevermore »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Purshaaa wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:25 am
Hahahahaha so the meet and greet at my mall is today I’m on lunch. I was gonna go but THE LINE IS 10 MILES LONG. I inserted a pic of like 1/4th of it lol wtf
Omg, I would be so embarrassed if I was waiting in a line at a mall to meet a Youtuber and someone I know saw me. That's like my nightmare. Luckily, I would never wait in a line to meet anyone lol. Those poor boyfriends and parents...
That is what I would fear too. I can’t believe how many people waited in line for Taylor. She doesn’t even have a million subs. Do you think they thought it was lame that they were doing this? Like as they were putting on their makeup I wonder if any had second thoughts. I don’t understand the culture of worshiping/fangirling another human. We are all just people...

fruitpolice
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by fruitpolice »

I am so sick of seeing that Hella Busy mug of hers. It's so self-righteous. Taylor is definitely the kind of person who brags about not ever getting enough sleep and not getting leisure time because she is just the perfect neoliberal subject and god forbid she show signs of doing something that doesn't advance her personal brand.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

lurkingthemurky wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:44 am
Honestly, for once I feel like her hair looks nice in that IG pic. But I still can’t wrap my head around wearing heavy extensions (especially ones you can’t pop out at the end of the day) with such debilitating migraines? How does that work?
As I migraine sufferer myself, I will never understand that. Nor will I ever understand how she can stand her ultra bright lighting. I can barely watch her videos because of that. Yet she films with those lights and then has to watch the footage back during editing. How does the retina searing brightness not trigger her migraines?

silentlyscreaming
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by silentlyscreaming »

Watching her most recent video, I think I finally understand why she looks like she has a warmer undertone than she probably actually does. I've never understood why she said she was neutral when her neck has always looked a bit warm toned to me (and she just looked like she has redness in her face). That CYO that she shows always looks yellow-y grey to me as well, so I was shocked when I went to the store and swatched it and it was not that color at all. I think that she either has her kelvins off on her camera (probably at 5000ish) and has them adjusted to be much warmer or she does it in post. When she held up that Smashbox contour palette, that's when it hit me. I own that and the bronzer does not look that straight up orange in real life. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is part of why she looks so much warmer on camera.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

fruitpolice wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:29 pm
I am so sick of seeing that Hella Busy mug of hers. It's so self-righteous. Taylor is definitely the kind of person who brags about not ever getting enough sleep and not getting leisure time because she is just the perfect neoliberal subject and god forbid she show signs of doing something that doesn't advance her personal brand.
She might work harder on her channel than other beautubers (looking at you, RawBeautyKristi), but she makes her own hours and has a shit ton of leisure time. She’s taken more vacations than many Americans do in a lifetime. She can fuck off with her smug mug.

artheusa
Debater
Debater

Post by artheusa »

silentlyscreaming wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 am
Watching her most recent video, I think I finally understand why she looks like she has a warmer undertone than she probably actually does. I've never understood why she said she was neutral when her neck has always looked a bit warm toned to me (and she just looked like she has redness in her face). That CYO that she shows always looks yellow-y grey to me as well, so I was shocked when I went to the store and swatched it and it was not that color at all. I think that she either has her kelvins off on her camera (probably at 5000ish) and has them adjusted to be much warmer or she does it in post. When she held up that Smashbox contour palette, that's when it hit me. I own that and the bronzer does not look that straight up orange in real life. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is part of why she looks so much warmer on camera.
It's either her camera, or she increases the saturation and contrast of her videos so much that everything looks more vibrant than they're in real life. One hint is the look of her hair; it's so black, and no midtones are to be seen, only pitch black shadows and extremely light highlights. This is an indication that the contrast is tempered with and not in a realistic way. I wouldn't trust her swatches at all.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

she said in her latest video, "Oh this powder is darkening my under eye area" and that we could see that. We can barely see your face in the glare.
That Girl!

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

this might be extremely petty but her complaining about leaf blowers annoyed me so much. she really doesn't understand their purpose?? they are a blessing for lawn/garden maintenance. sorry her privileged ass has never had to lift a finger in doing some kind of manual labor

Qweenbeauty
Talker
Talker

Post by Qweenbeauty »

AppleBlossom wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:28 am
lurkingthemurky wrote:
Honestly, for once I feel like her hair looks nice in that IG pic. But I still can’t wrap my head around wearing heavy extensions (especially ones you can’t pop out at the end of the day) with such debilitating migraines? How does that work?
As I migraine sufferer myself, I will never understand that. Nor will I ever understand how she can stand her ultra bright lighting. I can barely watch her videos because of that. Yet she films with those lights and then has to watch the footage back during editing. How does the retina searing brightness not trigger her migraines?
I never thought about that! I don't even suffer from migraines but sometimes even LED lights at work will strain my eyes and give me a headache, that combined with hours on end of screen time it's really no wonder her health is shitty especially during 15DOF.

As for this new video, I'm actually shocked she did an entire video using things she already owns! This girl is a serious hoarder with a spending problem. And I know I've said it before but the term "pore area" DRIVES ME NUTS THERE ARE PORES ALL OVER YOUR FACE

Then, she bitched about having dry skin and not being able to use much powder...but if the powder she uses is too dark, she adds a lighter powder on top. Wtf? Last but not least, adding a liquid eyeliner on her brows. Girl....

Purshaaa
Learner
Learner

Post by Purshaaa »

Purshaaa wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:25 am
Hahahahaha so the meet and greet at my mall is today I’m on lunch. I was gonna go but THE LINE IS 10 MILES LONG. I inserted a pic of like 1/4th of it lol wtf
I meant to add this pic too. I had to take it really fast bc security was cracking down on ppl walking passed that’s why it’s so blurry. It’s sometimes weird seeing these “influencers” and “youtubers” in person bc it’s just like. O they’re just a person what makes them so special. It’s so weird to me idk sorry this is off topic and I’m rambling 😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She’s so small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatsMeow
Debater
Debater

Post by CatsMeow »

AppleBlossom wrote:
lurkingthemurky wrote:
Not to defend her, but light sensitivity may be one of the most common side effects/triggers for migraines, but bright lights don't cause migraines for all migraine sufferers. It is reported to affect less than 2/3 of migraine sufferers and NOT every time they are exposed to it.
I'm only saying this because even tiny misinformation leaves people highly uneducated about what migraines actually are and how debilitating they can be.
I'm sorry that is so off topic. /

I saw her new video in my recommended titled "Using Products I Already Own" or whatever, and I didn't watch, but what is supposed to be special or interesting about that? Did she dig deep into her hoard to grab some crusty, expire makeup?

insomniac1977
Talker
Talker

Post by insomniac1977 »

CatsMeow wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 pm
AppleBlossom wrote:
lurkingthemurky wrote:
Not to defend her, but light sensitivity may be one of the most common side effects/triggers for migraines, but bright lights don't cause migraines for all migraine sufferers. It is reported to affect less than 2/3 of migraine sufferers and NOT every time they are exposed to it.
I'm only saying this because even tiny misinformation leaves people highly uneducated about what migraines actually are and how debilitating they can be.

I saw her new video in my recommended titled "Using Products I Already Own" or whatever, and I didn't watch, but what is supposed to be special or interesting about that? Did she dig deep into her hoard to grab some crusty, expire makeup?
Sorry, but bright lights can in fact induce migraines. I've been a migraine sufferer for more than 30 years. Every person experiences different triggers and symptoms with migraines, you cannot simply lump them altogether, as this in itself, is misinformation.

FFL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FFL »

We're getting up on 40 pages and will need a new thread soon. Not sure how many characters are allowed, but we should get some suggestions going!

- Hella Not Busy, Hella Privileged
- Something about her somehow darker "dry skin"
- Something about her awful extensions

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

-Something about how she has a boyfriend now and keeps her relationship oh so "private"

CatsMeow
Debater
Debater

Post by CatsMeow »

insomniac1977 wrote:
CatsMeow wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 pm
AppleBlossom wrote:
lurkingthemurky wrote:

Sorry, but bright lights can in fact induce migraines. I've been a migraine sufferer for more than 30 years. Every person experiences different triggers and symptoms with migraines, you cannot simply lump them altogether, as this in itself, is misinformation.
I'm literally doing the opposite of that.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

FFL wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 am
We're getting up on 40 pages and will need a new thread soon. Not sure how many characters are allowed, but we should get some suggestions going!

- Hella Not Busy, Hella Privileged
- Something about her somehow darker "dry skin"
- Something about her awful extensions
That time already!? It's gotta be something about her 'dry' skin!!

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

I'm three minutes into her foundation tips and tricks and already face palming HARD. This girl says to "observe" your skin to see what makeup products you need.... After you've already "prepped your skin" after moisturizer. As a majorly dry girl with eczema, NOOOOO. You "observe" fresh out the shower/after you wash your face how dry your skin is, breakouts, patches etc. If you actually have problematic skin, that's when you address it. It might mean a certain serum, avoiding or needing a chemical or physical exfoliant, and the type or amount of moisturizer you need. If you address it right then and there, you won't be piling on a primer over dry flakes (WHAT?! Her advice). Ok, I'm going back in to see how many combinations of products she uses now. Take care of your skin everyone and you won't be fooled by her "tips and tricks"

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

Yeah, it's akin to prepping a canvas because you ARE. My boss and I were discussing micro blading the other day and I said ( thinking of Taylor) I rarely see it looking realistic.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

Schweetums
Talker
Talker

Post by Schweetums »

One more thing...if you actually have dry skin prone to flaking you sure as hell aren't using a brush to blend out foundation. Maybe Taylor wouldn't complain so much about her "texture/pore area" if she wasn't constantly micro exfoliating her "dry" skin with a brush. Beauty sponges are the way for dry skin people to have less texture/flaking.

Return to “ThaTaylaa / Taylor Wynn”