QCKND: Quick to take your money, no doubt PART 2

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: QCKND: Quick to take your money, no doubt PART 2

Post by LiddlePallid »

Seriously, it's impossible to tell someone "oh it should cost this much." Your artist should tell you an estimate beforehand if they're one that charges by the hour, or if it's just a flat out price they should tell you as well. Why would you go in for an appointment not knowing how much the damn thing costs? And every artist is different, everyone is going to charge differently. Holy geeze. I have been going to the same guy for years so I could never estimate the cost of a tattoo for someone who asks me, because he never charges me full price :rofl:

Also, after her tegaderm video I wouldn't trust her advice worth shit because she had no idea how to use it and did zero research beforehand.

mintbowl
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mintbowl »

the thing that kinda grated on me was she listed her 2 most expensive but JUST talked about her $13 one too? like okay we all know youre not going to spend $13 normally on a tattoo so whats the cheapest youve gotten without a special price? she made this video and basically said nothing because even then she was so vague and couldnt remember the pricing on her expensive ones either

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

Based on what y'all are saying she made things more confusing. Like, I'm a total newbie when it comes to tattoos, so I totally would've taken her advice, but since you guys are saying she's wrong...

nekokoco
Talker
Talker

Post by nekokoco »

12thplace wrote:Based on what y'all are saying she made things more confusing. Like, I'm a total newbie when it comes to tattoos, so I totally would've taken her advice, but since you guys are saying she's wrong...
When it comes to tattoos and tattoo culture, don't take her advice. Yes she has some entertaining tattoo-related content, especially in her earlier tattoo talk tuesday videos, but she's definitely not the authority that she claims to be.

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

nekokoco wrote:
12thplace wrote:Based on what y'all are saying she made things more confusing. Like, I'm a total newbie when it comes to tattoos, so I totally would've taken her advice, but since you guys are saying she's wrong...
When it comes to tattoos and tattoo culture, don't take her advice. Yes she has some entertaining tattoo-related content, especially in her earlier tattoo talk tuesday videos, but she's definitely not the authority that she claims to be.
Yeah, I've learned as such these past few months :rofl:

I think I'm kind of a typical subscriber of hers though -- doesn't know much about tattoo culture and have no one knowledgeable enough to turn to, so the internet is the next best thing. If you see her, and are a newbie, you're like, "Oh, this girl knows her shit" and follow her advice. That's the problem with people like Amanda imo.

ETA: I'm not subscribed, but I think I'm similar to those who are ;)

Shot666
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Shot666 »

This is honestly just a wrong time to put this up and to talk about tattoo removal. In the video where she was like "now dont go running to the gossip forums" or whatever, SHE is the one who ran here, you know it! haha

Larry_Lomb
Learner
Learner

Post by Larry_Lomb »

Her IG post for International Women's Day was a huge load of baloney and you just know for sure now she reads here, if it wasn't obvious enough before.
It's feebly veiled as a s/o to her mother who's lack of interest in the current political climate is acceptable due to her having a child at a young age (okay? BS point) and having to prevail from that instead, but y'know that what's really up is that she read about her shitty white feminism being called out here and wanted to excuse herself from that explicitly with the message from this post; "That's why I encourage empathy above radicalism."
You're a well off, cis straight able-bodied white woman. You don't need any empathy, you have the world at your feet. She really doesn't think when she's spouting this rubbish, does she? What about the disenfranchised WOC? Trans women? Neurodivergent women? But it's okay for you not to outright and actively support them because "empathy, not radicalism, bros".
Fuck off Amanda, seriously.

nekokoco
Talker
Talker

Post by nekokoco »

Larry_Lomb wrote:Her IG post for International Women's Day was a huge load of baloney and you just know for sure now she reads here, if it wasn't obvious enough before.
It's feebly veiled as a s/o to her mother who's lack of interest in the current political climate is acceptable due to her having a child at a young age (okay? BS point) and having to prevail from that instead, but y'know that what's really up is that she read about her shitty white feminism being called out here and wanted to excuse herself from that explicitly with the message from this post; "That's why I encourage empathy above radicalism."
You're a well off, cis straight able-bodied white woman. You don't need any empathy, you have the world at your feet. She really doesn't think when she's spouting this rubbish, does she? What about the disenfranchised WOC? Trans women? Neurodivergent women? But it's okay for you not to outright and actively support them because "empathy, not radicalism, bros".
Fuck off Amanda, seriously.
It's honestly so uncalled for her to say something like that, she's got all of the privilege in the world. I knew she'd make some shitty post for Women's day that expresses only the opinions of white feminists while ALSO making herself seem like the victim of something.

I officially unfollowed and unsubscribed to all of her social media yesterday. I'm so tired of her begging for money and claiming to be woke about everything when she's so clearly not.

owiviaah
Learner
Learner

Post by owiviaah »

I actually think her bangs look good in her new makeup video

12thplace
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by 12thplace »

She's such a hardcore white feminist that it hurts. Imagine what it's like to not know what feminism is until recently.

mintbowl
Talker
Talker

Post by mintbowl »

im still not a fan of how short they are in the middle but i think she styled them cute for this video. i was really into this pallette since thats the kind of stuff i like but its got a HEFTY price tag for only 5 pans inside of it

nekokoco
Talker
Talker

Post by nekokoco »

Okay I'm just gonna be nit-picky because I feel like it... her new video popped up in my recommended and it was a makeup video so I thought "wow maybe finally a sit-down, planned video with some thought put into it". Decided to give it a watch. Honestly, it was severely disappointing when she opened the palette. I know that the video is just meant to be a cash grab for her, but when the palette only had five products, three of them being eyeshadow shades, I lost interest.

Also, WHO on earth puts mascara on BEFORE eyeshadow!? I feel like maybe? she did it as to not give any attention to any product that wasn't sponsored, but it makes her look uneducated.

owiviaah
Learner
Learner

Post by owiviaah »

does it bother anyone else how she always says things like "I talked to jon about this and..." such as in her new monthly favorites video. I don't know why it always bothers me when she does that

FernPyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by FernPyjamas »

owiviaah wrote:does it bother anyone else how she always says things like "I talked to jon about this and..." such as in her new monthly favorites video. I don't know why it always bothers me when she does that
Probably because like two weeks ago she was blocking and going off on people for even mentioning his name and now he's a feature in her videos

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

She's just quick to be dramatic and block people over silly things. It's amazing how she wasn't ready to talk about her relationship a couple weeks ago and now she doesn't think twice about mentioning him.

silveranima
Debater
Debater

Post by silveranima »

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Why doesn't she make a Patreon then? I don't agree with those either but it's not quite as bad as flat out asking your viewers for gift cards to places so you can make videos for them lmao

FernPyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by FernPyjamas »

"I want you to know I'll never be motivated by greed"
"I want you, my subscribers, to purchase gift cards to our favorite stores...and then send them...to me"

Totally authentic, Amanda. Just admit that it was a dumb idea that you threw out when you weren't thinking. Explain why it wasn't right, i.e. why everyone is so offended, and then just let it go

Also "This is a way for subscribers to sponsor me without giving me money," -- 1. Companies sponsor YTbers, not subscribers. That is literally not how this works. Name one YT that operates on gift card sponsorships. 2. Wasn't she given like $70 during the live stream? That she didn't acknowledge at all? What are you planning on spending that on Amanda because you didn't even thank the donators much less ask them where they wanted you to spend it...?

xIts_JJx
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xIts_JJx »

^ It's amazing. I was watching a JaackMate livestream and he was telling people to stop sending him money because he felt so awful about it, and this is AFTER the ad drama!

She's just greedy, plain and simple. The fact she's still going on about it nearly a week later shows it.

imtired
Talker
Talker

Post by imtired »

If she’s getting gift cards to go shopping for clothes, the example she used, doesn’t she now just have free clothes she can use for one video? Like, it’s not for her channel, it’s for her. I could see asking for lighting or a better camera but even then, not really.

The whole “I don’t have money for my ideas” is kind of bullshit. Bc if she was really dedicated, she would find a way. She would get creative. She doesn’t have any ideas bc she sees one negative comment about Qcknd’s Kitchen and she cuts it. That’s why she can’t execute her plans. It’s not money, which hasn’t ever been a problem? Until she found out she could get her entire apartment furnished and she wants it to happen again.

The whole “subscribers as sponsers” is also bullshit. We sponser her videos by watching them. People heavily sponser her live streams. And personally, I don’t feel YouTube is a job for her, it’s a side gig she’s doing for extra money. like, honestly, if she can’t afford to do it, maybe it’s time to stop. She can’t make content within her means apparently. So she needs Hot Topic gift cards.

Return to “Qcknd”