I can't believe she wears sandals to work :/

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michele1218 General Thread Part 1

Post by CourtneyShane »

I haven't watched a video of hers in awhile, but I can never get over HOW LONG her videos are. That stupid Stella and Dot one was 16 minutes or something crazy!

All of her idiot subscribers constantly blow up her head too, just because they want to vicariously shop through her. Not sure why considering her gross taste.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I only started to watch her about 9 months ago, but I know that she has old videos that were deleted? Can anyone quickly explain to me why she left YT awhile back? I heard her say something about a panic attack, but I have no clue.

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater »

makeupmaven23e wrote:I only started to watch her about 9 months ago, but I know that she has old videos that were deleted? Can anyone quickly explain to me why she left YT awhile back? I heard her say something about a panic attack, but I have no clue.
She used to make videos, and had both a beauty and a vlog channel. When she got engaged. She panicked about the wedding and all the planning. Then her beauty channel of the sudden disappeared, and so did her vlog channel. When she came back. She explained that she panicked about all the wedding planning. She wanted time off youtube, and intended to delete her vlog channel, but didn't realize she was signed onto her beauty channel, and after she deleted her channel. She said she realized it was her beauty channel. As she is a partner, she got in contact with youtube and they got all her video back, but she deleted most of them and only kept a few. She came back later, and explained this. That's her side of the story though.

But I remember she got a ton of negative feedback and did a ton of sponsored videos. I remember once she did this NYC sponsored video. She went on raving about the products, and when she wanted to show them, the products where still sealed and unused. If you want my honest opinion, she seemed to have came back for the money. She used to sell her overpriced jewelry (the $40 wing necklace, that I've seen before online for about $5) and I believe she still does.

Oh, and she was gone for about two months. It didn't take her long to come back.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

JustAnotherHater wrote:
makeupmaven23e wrote:I only started to watch her about 9 months ago, but I know that she has old videos that were deleted? Can anyone quickly explain to me why she left YT awhile back? I heard her say something about a panic attack, but I have no clue.
She used to make videos, and had both a beauty and a vlog channel. When she got engaged. She panicked about the wedding and all the planning. Then her beauty channel of the sudden disappeared, and so did her vlog channel. When she came back. She explained that she panicked about all the wedding planning. She wanted time off youtube, and intended to delete her vlog channel, but didn't realize she was signed onto her beauty channel, and after she deleted her channel. She said she realized it was her beauty channel. As she is a partner, she got in contact with youtube and they got all her video back, but she deleted most of them and only kept a few. She came back later, and explained this. That's her side of the story though.

But I remember she got a ton of negative feedback and did a ton of sponsored videos. I remember once she did this NYC sponsored video. She went on raving about the products, and when she wanted to show them, the products where still sealed and unused. If you want my honest opinion, she seemed to have came back for the money. She used to sell her overpriced jewelry (the $40 wing necklace, that I've seen before online for about $5) and I believe she still does.

Oh, and she was gone for about two months. It didn't take her long to come back.
Thanks for explaining! I was so curious about what happened.

justanotherhater

No problem. She has a video explaining it, if you want to hear it from her. It's the first video on her channel, as of now.

Beautybuff85
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Beautybuff85 »

It has taken me a log time to actually post on this, but I have mixed feelings about Michele. On one hand I do like to watch her videos... but on the other she is getting more and more full of herself. She brags about spending A LOT of money. That's great you have it, I'm happy for you. She doesn't spend as much as Lisalisad1 but its not like YouTube pays a lot. I know a YouTube partner who told me they pay him $100 per a million views. Not an insane amount of money. I just watched her NYC haul and while I love Tory Burch she bought the bag I wouldn't have spent money on. I hate how she thinks her taste is so refined when in reality it's whatever is spewed at her or "in." Thise snake skin jeans she bought from JCrew made me want to barf.

missmarble
Stalker
Stalker

Post by missmarble »

I think she's a sweet person. But the truth is that she's a shopaholic -just like most of the gurus. It's sad that most people don't get how consumed they become by material things. It's always the next thing... You're always planning the next purchase in your mind and that becomes 'life' or the excitement of life. Shopping is fun but if it becomes means for getting 'life content' it fails... addictions are an attempt to get that fullfillment, in a way or another...

daisy
Talker
Talker

Post by daisy »

That purse was beyond ugly. The pattern reminded me of my grandmas fancy tablecloth, she used for those special dinners back in the late 60's just ugh, I'm sorry...375 and canvas, ummm no.
She is a bragster, and her delivery...with all the "and like..." every couple of words.
She has good hair, but her face is so odd, like she was supposed to be pretty and it didn't quite turn out right.

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

That tory burch bag will be out of style in a year and I'm sure by then she will be raving about the new one she had to have.

It's getting annoying that youtube has just become one big haul video when it comes to the gurus that get the most views. It's just women watching women spend thousands of dollars on things just because they can. Not cause they need them, not cause they do anything with them.

How many peachy pink lipsticks/blushes/nail polishes does one need? How many black eye liners? It's just not fun anymore. I used to like watching people DO something with their purchases. Now all we see are purchase after purchase. And Michele is the epitome of this.

Beautybuff85
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Beautybuff85 »

Honestly, while I do enjoy watching her videos, I know my taste and it's better than hers ( to me). Some of the stuff she buys I go out and get, like the mini Mac. I love that bag. I was so disappointed last night when I saw the Tory Burch. It's ugly.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Michelle's rstyle.me links

Post by CourtneyShane »

Worth repeating so anyone who comes here knows she is milking YouTube with her horrible taste.

The more she buys and boasts, the more $$$ she makes.

Notice how nearly EVERYTHING she lists these days has a rstyle.me link?

Yes, I think this should be a thread on its own so people see the title and the fact doesn't get lost in the general thread.

Love you guys! :tyvm:

whoa

Post by whoa »

That purse is just ugly, and $375 for canvas??? Does she realize how big of a rip off that is? It isn't the type of bag that will go with every outfit and I doube she will carry it much.
She has a Balenciaga, which to me is timeless and simple, but instead goes out and buys tacky bags like that?

justanotherhater

Re: Michelle's rstyle.me links

yeah I know. I remember seeing a comment on one of her videos, and that person said that if she's gonna be using affiliate links that she should have that mentioned in her FTC disclaimer. She got pretty defensive and said something like FTC disclaimer is only about things within the video. I don't think so. If she's making commission off affiliate links, she should be FULLY transparent.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

Exactly.

Temptalia posts disclaimers in every single post, as does anyone who blogs/vlogs professionally.

Give me a break, Michelle. We know you're dense, but in this particular case, you know you're trying to get this by people.

daisy
Talker
Talker

Post by daisy »

I agree re: the Balenciaga, even though she purchased it in a light green color, the style and quality makes it a great bag. I also agree about not using it much, but, she dresses like an old lady sometimes, so maybe she will force it into her daily outfits.

daisy
Talker
Talker

Post by daisy »

Hmm, must not be a requirement to give 2 $hits either. She's so bland about it all, like she could care less. With the exception of her beloved, newly purchased, piece of crap from Tori Burch. Whom she's met before...
Is everyone on YT a scam artist in some way?

Beautybuff85
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Beautybuff85 »

She said in a previous video that she only takes out her Chanel bags for special occasions which I totally get. But the Balenciaga bags I would use all the time. I think she's just all about whatever is new and in. i just wish she would do less hauls and more tutorials. Her ootd's bore me because half the time I wouldn't wear them.

justanotherhater

Let's take a moment to talk about hideous her wedding dress is.
It makes her look old and doesn't do her body any favors.

whoa

Post by whoa »

Her dress looked a few sizes too big and just so not put together. I expected it to be a gorgeous gown, but overall it looked like something she picked up at David's Bridal a few days before the wedding. I was just expecting more from her. Even her hair and makeup looked so bland.

Return to “michele1218”