Camera for Youtube recommendations

FoodandFashion
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Camera for Youtube recommendations

Post by FoodandFashion »

I want to start a Youtube channel... I'd like to have good quality videos and not have to self adjust the focus. What would you gossipers recommend?

I was looking into the Rebel T5i but I also want the iMac that had 3 TB storage. I'm not by any means rich, so I'll be saving up for the camera.

Nothing professional like Wong Fu, just beauty, fashion, and cooking videos here hehe. I don't really mind getting the T5i if it's the better option but I'd like to know others' opinions before I make a big purchase om something I have only researched about.

FoodandFashion
Informer
Informer

Re: Camera for Youtube recommendations

Post by FoodandFashion »

Sorry for the double post! But if something like this was posted before, feel free to take the topic down, moderators!

Thank you in advance.

KatherinePierce
Debater
Debater

Re: Camera for Youtube recommendations

Post by KatherinePierce »

I'm not going to be rude when I say this, but I think you should start off using a cheaper camera - just in case you decide, that maybe this YouTube stuff, isn't working out, or you just don't like it. Nicer and bigger cameras are nice but you should defiantly consider something cheaper, just to be safe.

There's three camera brands, that I have had experience with. They all are great in their own ways and they of course, have their faults like everything else. I suggest looking into a Nikon, Canon, or Sony camera.

Canon ELPH Power Shots, are good cameras. I just upgraded from my Power Shot, that I had for nearly four years. For not being a fancy DSR camera, it took great pictures, and decent videos. I got mine for Christmas in 2011 and used it up until early September 2014. I'm sure the new models, are quite the step up from mine. They go between 120-140$ at the most, typically. As I'm typing this, I'm looking at the Canon Red PowerShot ELPH 150 - just a suggestion. In case you're curious, I had a Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS. I don't believe they're sold anymore, but they are decent cameras for being a few years old. The quality is pretty excellent, imo. You can always adjust in the camera settings and in editing. :)

I've only had my mom's hand-me-down Nikon camera. It's an older DSR, I can't think of the model currently, but it was a good camera. My mom claim's Nikons work good for a while, and slowly their quality decreases. I haven't worked enough with one to know if that statement is true or not. Research would be your best bet - sorry I can't be of much help in the Nikon department!

Now for Sony. Out of the two camera brands I've mentioned (and I've also owned a Kodak and a Samsung Camera) I believe my Sony Cybershot DSC-H300 is the best camera, I've owned. Video quality is absolutely beautiful! I have mine set at the highest it can go and it just looks stunning. It auto focuses (along with the PowerShot!) and it typically does a very good job. I've had no problems with the camera. It's had its moments of glitching but nothing, to make me hate the camera. It isn't very expensive. I got it for 200$ plus tax.

I strongly believe you should start out with a camera like a Power Shot, and work your way up into the fancier cameras. If you're an avid photo taker, than that's a little different. I'd still suggest going for a cheaper camera, before hand.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask! I hope I could help.
I used to be bitemytonguex.

Return to “Technology”