Meeting my long distance boyfriend!

ashelflife
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Meeting my long distance boyfriend!

Post by ashelflife »

In fact, I'm meeting him today. It's currently 2 AM and I can't sleep worth shit lol! I'm so nervous/excited/scared/ASDFGHJKL. My stomach is just in knots. We've been long distance now for 3 years. I just wanted someone to talk to or something, maybe to help calm my nerves even. I'm just so excited. :D

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Meeting my long distance boyfriend!

Post by Diorette »

Tell us how it went if you want!

Congrats!

EveryJuan
Informer
Informer

Post by EveryJuan »

Hope it went well! It is scary, but SO worth it! I first met my boyfriend online a few years ago. We met in 2011 and are still together.

biolumenate
Talker
Talker

Post by biolumenate »

that is so awesome! I totally know how you feel, keep us updated!!
I met my boyfriend online (on an mmo lol) we " dated" for 3 years before we met in real life. it was so nerve wracking but within 10 minutes it was like those 3 years we spent typing and chatting on skype he was really just right next to me. ( we've been together for 6years now, counting online yrs)

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

It went fantastic! :D To give y'all some background, we met on Omegle back in 2010. :)
I was freaking the fuck out while waiting for him, he met me on campus of my university. There was no awkwardness at all. If anything after the initial nerves settled down it was as if we'd known each other for years and years! You know? He dropped me off for class on Monday morning. I gave him a kiss goodbye and realized as he walked away he didn't look back at me. I called him later in the day and he told me that he was getting teary eyed and if he had looked back at me he would have started crying, and he didn't want me to see him cry. :cry:

I miss waking up next to him. The sheets of my bed still smell like him, I woke up this morning (Tuesday) and out of habit reached over for him. He said last night he woke up to snuggle up against me and realized I wasn't there, so he snuggled his pillow instead. Luckily he's only 2 hours and 30ish minutes away from me, so not too, too bad. But still.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been in a LDR or met a guy online. Often when I tell people how I met my boyfriend they get creeped out. D:

peetharolls
Talker
Talker

Post by peetharolls »

Awwww I'm glad it went great! I met my boyfriend online in 2010 and we didnt meet until 2012! We went on vacation together last month to the Bahamas. It sucks when you spend that time with them and then they go back home. I know how you feel. I miss my boyfriend sooooo much. I'm glad there are more girls on here who have been in online relationships and can relate because my friends don't understand it :/

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

Me too! I'm so glad I've found a few of you who understand! I have good news. He's coming back tomorrow (Friday). Turns out he also got today (Thursday) till Tuesday off work too! And my roommmate will be gone all this weekend since it's a 3 day weekend. :D Have a whole house to ourselves! ^^

peetharolls
Talker
Talker

Post by peetharolls »

Yayyyyyyy!! That's awesome!! I hope you guys have a great time together :)

subject99
Learner
Learner

Post by subject99 »

Yayayay!!! People that understand my situation!! Mine has now moved 33 hours away from me and is a 3 hour time difference :(. I'm going down in December to spend a weekend for his 31st birthday. In the new year he may come up to see me or if I am in Florida he will come there to see me before he deploys to Afghanistan for 9 months!!! He won't be back til jan/feb 2015. So heart breaking. We both know if we can survive this we can survive anything (including his baby mama drama and my baby daddy drama). Once he returns we will be in talks of me moving down (moving in) to the states. I've never felt like this (love I guess) for anyone in my life. I've never said "he's the one" about anyone in my life until I have met him. It all seems to good to be true. I hope everything works out for the best. But were just taking one day at a time.

peetharolls
Talker
Talker

Post by peetharolls »

Awwwwwww!! *hugs* it's okay. Long distance relationships definitely are a test for how much you care for one another. It'll get easier, I promise. Now, you don't have to feel alone because you have people that understand how you feel/what you're dealing with.

subject99
Learner
Learner

Post by subject99 »

peetharolls wrote:Awwwwwww!! *hugs* it's okay. Long distance relationships definitely are a test for how much you care for one another. It'll get easier, I promise. Now, you don't have to feel alone because you have people that understand how you feel/what you're dealing with.
Thanks! Its tough though. But I know in the end it will be worth it. A good relationship is based on communication,trust and respect. Us being far apart until at least Feb 2015 will help build all of that for us. So far things are amazing! Can't complain :). One day at a time I tell myself. I hate being so far from him though :(. I also keep telling myself its just preparation for future deployments when were actually living together/married,etc. I just hope for best and stay positive :). In the end I hope (and deep down I know) we will be together in the end.

Kurokos
Learner
Learner

Post by Kurokos »

It's nice to know there are so many other girls on here who are in LDR's/met online~

I'm in a LDR with a guy I met online, he's just in the state near mine and is going to come up and visit me in December. I'm so excited! The best thing is he's going to be here for our 1 year anniversary and my birthday! <3 I'll miss him when he leaves though.

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

I'm having a hard time at the moment with my family. My brother refers to my boyfriend (he doesn't know he's my boyfriend) as "that asshole". And I can't bring him up around my mom at all, cause I know that'll cause problems. She thinks the fact that I told my dad instead of her that I was talking to a guy online means I was "hiding it" from her.

I'm just having a difficult time at the moment because I feel as if my boyfriend will forever be something I can't talk about with anyone cause everyone will judge me and criticize. Tonight I got to talk to my brother on the phone, heard his whole story about how he met his current girlfriend and etc. Then I decided to be brave and mention my boyfriend (didn't refer to him as my boyfriend of course) and my brother wouldn't let me finish anything I would try to say. He even had the nerve to start talking about how I've probably already kissed him already. Sure I have, and that's my brother's business why? And then here's the one that left me in shock "You're probably going to lose your virginity to this guy, oh my god..." Needless to say, I was pretty upset when we hung up finally and cried. My dad said I shouldn't talk to my brother anymore about him. Which I agree...I'm just so frustrated and angry.

I have to admit, I've thought over the past 3 years if I should just stop talking to my boyfriend all together, because my family will never be okay with it.

Thoughts? I need help. :/ My mom is very controlling and if she doesn't choose the potential boyfriend for me, she's not happy with anyone I like. She even asked me while I was still in high school if I was a lesbian...and to this day she thinks her girlfriends think I must have lesbian tendencies because they never see me dating any boys (photos and etc on Facebook) or anything like that.

Just....ugh. Rough day and what my brother was saying tonight made it worse. :(

peetharolls
Talker
Talker

Post by peetharolls »

I can kind of relate you your story. I didn't talk about my boyfriend to anyone really because I knew they wouldn't understand/would judge. Question: why does your brother refer to your bf as "that asshole" have they met? I agree with your dad, if your brother is going to be a jerk, you shouldn't talk to him about your bf. It's clear that he doesn't support the idea, which is fine but he doesn't have to make you feel bad. Your mom.. wow, she sounds like a ray of sunshine. If you are over 18, I'd tell her (in the most respectful way possible) that she needs to get over it and that you don't want her hooking you up with someone. Has anyone in your family met this guy? Does your dad support your relationship?

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

peetharolls wrote:I can kind of relate you your story. I didn't talk about my boyfriend to anyone really because I knew they wouldn't understand/would judge. Question: why does your brother refer to your bf as "that asshole" have they met? I agree with your dad, if your brother is going to be a jerk, you shouldn't talk to him about your bf. It's clear that he doesn't support the idea, which is fine but he doesn't have to make you feel bad. Your mom.. wow, she sounds like a ray of sunshine. If you are over 18, I'd tell her (in the most respectful way possible) that she needs to get over it and that you don't want her hooking you up with someone. Has anyone in your family met this guy? Does your dad support your relationship?
I'll be turning 21 next month. :) My brother refers to him as "that asshole" because in the summer of 2011 I had written a letter I intended to give my boyfriend when we met for the first time, it had already been 1 year. Well, my brother found the letter. :/ And read it, and just embarrassed me so much with it. And so after he read it, he referred to my boyfriend as an "asshole".

My brother sexually abused me when I was little. And so, we're still a brother and sister but it's different now ever since that happened. This is why I was so shocked and hurt last night when my brother was saying those things. He is the LAST person who should be going on about my intamicies and non-intimacies.

I was hoping last night that I could speak to him as an adult, and not as his little sister. I also wanted to see if he'd grown up, or mutured at all in regards to me. But of course, he hasn't...learned the hard way.

Yes, my boyfriend knows what happened to me. He obviously hates my brother, you can imagine. My dad also knows what happened but I didn't tell him until last year. We can't tell my mom because she would go absolutely crazy. She wouldn't believe me essentially. And she's always convinced there is something wrong with me so, yeah not touching that with a ten ft pole.

My dad supports my relationship. My dad is much more level headed and logical. His only concern is that obviously we get along, he treats me like a man should, and that he's overall a good guy. If to me he fits that criteria, then what our relationship turns into my dad supports. He lets me have my independence. My brother and mother are exactly alike personality wise, and so you can imagine. I'm just like my dad and my mom hates that.

LaLocaDeLosGatos
Learner
Learner

Post by LaLocaDeLosGatos »

ashelflife wrote:It went fantastic! :D To give y'all some background, we met on Omegle back in 2010. :)
I was freaking the fuck out while waiting for him, he met me on campus of my university. There was no awkwardness at all. If anything after the initial nerves settled down it was as if we'd known each other for years and years! You know? He dropped me off for class on Monday morning. I gave him a kiss goodbye and realized as he walked away he didn't look back at me. I called him later in the day and he told me that he was getting teary eyed and if he had looked back at me he would have started crying, and he didn't want me to see him cry. :cry:

I miss waking up next to him. The sheets of my bed still smell like him, I woke up this morning (Tuesday) and out of habit reached over for him. He said last night he woke up to snuggle up against me and realized I wasn't there, so he snuggled his pillow instead. Luckily he's only 2 hours and 30ish minutes away from me, so not too, too bad. But still.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been in a LDR or met a guy online. Often when I tell people how I met my boyfriend they get creeped out. D:
Only 2 and half hours away? Lucky you, Im SEVENTEEN hours away from my boyfriend

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer

Post by thecitylightsburn »

Congratulations! That's so cute.

I met my husband online, which is awesome. He was talking to one of my ex friends' and she really liked her. She was scared to meet him in public by herself, so she bought me. His eyes met mine and I knew that there was something there, but I didn't want to tell my friend, because I wasn't like that. She forced him to ask her out, but he told me that night he wanted to date me. So, he broke it up with her after nine hours of dating. She still remained my friend, because she could tell that there was a spark between him and I. We went on to date for quite some time, and then we moved in together. He proposed after two years of dating, and this year was when we got married. Next month we will be together for five years. I love him so much. <3
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

LaLocaDeLosGatos wrote:
ashelflife wrote:It went fantastic! :D To give y'all some background, we met on Omegle back in 2010. :)

Only 2 and half hours away? Lucky you, I'm SEVENTEEN hours away from my boyfriend
Oh I used to be about 16 hours away from him for 3 years. So now finally being only 2ish hours away is AMAZING.

subject99
Learner
Learner

Post by subject99 »

ashelflife wrote:
peetharolls wrote:I can kind of relate you your story. I didn't talk about my boyfriend to anyone really because I knew they wouldn't understand/would judge. Question: why does your brother refer to your bf as "that asshole" have they met? I agree with your dad, if your brother is going to be a jerk, you shouldn't talk to him about your bf. It's clear that he doesn't support the idea, which is fine but he doesn't have to make you feel bad. Your mom.. wow, she sounds like a ray of sunshine. If you are over 18, I'd tell her (in the most respectful way possible) that she needs to get over it and that you don't want her hooking you up with someone. Has anyone in your family met this guy? Does your dad support your relationship?
I'll be turning 21 next month. :) My brother refers to him as "that asshole" because in the summer of 2011 I had written a letter I intended to give my boyfriend when we met for the first time, it had already been 1 year. Well, my brother found the letter. :/ And read it, and just embarrassed me so much with it. And so after he read it, he referred to my boyfriend as an "asshole".

My brother sexually abused me when I was little. And so, we're still a brother and sister but it's different now ever since that happened. This is why I was so shocked and hurt last night when my brother was saying those things. He is the LAST person who should be going on about my intamicies and non-intimacies.

I was hoping last night that I could speak to him as an adult, and not as his little sister. I also wanted to see if he'd grown up, or mutured at all in regards to me. But of course, he hasn't...learned the hard way.

Yes, my boyfriend knows what happened to me. He obviously hates my brother, you can imagine. My dad also knows what happened but I didn't tell him until last year. We can't tell my mom because she would go absolutely crazy. She wouldn't believe me essentially. And she's always convinced there is something wrong with me so, yeah not touching that with a ten ft pole.

My dad supports my relationship. My dad is much more level headed and logical. His only concern is that obviously we get along, he treats me like a man should, and that he's overall a good guy. If to me he fits that criteria, then what our relationship turns into my dad supports. He lets me have my independence. My brother and mother are exactly alike personality wise, and so you can imagine. I'm just like my dad and my mom hates that.
I'm sorry but ummm how can you speak to your brother after he has sexually abused you? I'm sorry that has happened to you. You're strong to still talk to him.

But on the other note, I agree with the post above. You love him and want to be with him. Nobody can stop your feelings towards him and vice versa for him. Your happiness cannot be planned by your mother (maybe explain that to her. Explain that she can't pick and choose who you love or fall inlove with. She is not you and not living your life). You have your dad support you and that's all that matters. As long as you have 1 or a million supporting your decisions/life then that's what counts. Your mum should be happy you found someone that your are happy with. Is it possible to have a sit down with your mum and explain everything? Or is she waaaay to controlling and too damn stubborn to see other peoples views? If so then I feel sorry for you. I hope one day she comes around and sees how happy you are with the person you love.

ashelflife
Informer
Informer

Post by ashelflife »

I talk to him because at the end of the day he's still my brother. And the rest of my family besides my dad don't know what happened, and so if I just stopped talking to him it would really strange and out of character to the rest of my family. And if l even tried telling my family what happened to me, they would think I was lying and making it all up.

Hopefully I can talk to my mom, but I doubt it. :/

Return to “Long Distance Relationship”