Heartbroken.

Eapy
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Heartbroken.

Post by Eapy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:38 am

I just got out of a verbally and emotionally abusive relationship. It was doomed from the start, he had drug issues and depression, but I loved him. He was my best friend, even though he could be the worst person at times.

I decided the bad outweighed the good. I had left him several times before but we always ended up back together to "try and make it work", failing every time. I know why I left him, but it feels so, so wrong.

I'm heartbroken and feel totally alone. I lost my best friend, the closest person to me, a person who I thought was my soulmate. I feel like I'll never get out of this dark place. Does anybody have any advice on how they dealt with a difficult breakup? I really need it.

hlisse
Informer
Informer

Re: Heartbroken.

Post by hlisse » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 am

Hi, Eapy. I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal such a difficult situation. I don't have any experience any breakup so I probably can't give you useful advice, but I want to make sure that you're not feeling guilty for leaving him. He has drug issues and depression, you could help but it wasn't your obligatory job.

I know how dark the place feels and you feel like you are not going to be any better. I suggest to keep yourself occupied, whether it's with light sport, friends, or any kind of activity. I hope you'll feel better soon!

kbismillah
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Heartbroken.

Post by kbismillah » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:47 am

Sorry to hear about this ! I'm sure you did all you could to help the situation ! However it takes two and the commitment should come from both sides ! Try to move on and be happy ! You need to continue living your life and who knows eventually he might even sort himself out and come back to you a better person from before ! You can't put your life on hold because of him ! Make new friends ! Explore the world and be happy x

Return to “Breaking Up”