What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

LanaChaton
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

Post by LanaChaton »

I don't really want to get married. But if I did, and I had the money, I would love love love a Pnina Tournai dress like this:

It's so gorgeous, I can't even... <3 <3 <3

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

This is something I never used to think about until the last few weeks (coincidentally when I caught my first ep of SYTTD!). I'm so indecisive that I don't think I'll ever be able to settle on what I want until I find it. I love a lot of the Disney collection dresses for Alfred Angelo. I think they've done three different collections inspired by Disney princesses and I've loved different ones out of each collection:

The original Belle dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
The original Cinderella dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
The original Ariel dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
Second Belle dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... &colorId1=
Second Jasmine dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
New Jasmine dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d
And the new Belle dress http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections ... 7deabe902d

I think I love them because not only are they beautiful, they're reasonably priced (as far as wedding dresses go). My boyfriend has a very well-paying job and always tells me that when we get married he is covering the cost of the wedding/honeymoon, including my dress, but I don't know how comfortable I am with that. I know it's customary for the bride's family to pay for the wedding--and I know that my family couldn't possibly afford that--but I kind of feel weird about him paying for the whole thing. The honeymoon I'm okay with, because he always wants to go to these crazy places and I know he'll enjoy planning that...but the wedding itself would be more for me than for him and I still feel like I should pay haha :? So I'm at least buying my own dress! I was never keen on spending insane amounts of money on a gown...$25,000 could get me a brand new car! But $1,000-2,000 I think I could live with, so all of these fall under my budget. And if I'm going to buy a wedding dress, I may as well be a Disney princess.

featherly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by featherly »

My boyfriend and I are not planning on getting married any time soon. I'm planning on waiting four to six years -- at least until I'm 29.
I love off-white dresses like this. I would probably wear my hair up but nothing too neat and tidy. I'd have natural looking make-up.
I have this weird love for the colour periwinkle so I expect to see that colour somewhere in the wedding ;)

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei »

Well, first, this is essentially my dream dress:
http://www.coralsbridal.com/2009-weddin ... 09151.html#

My dream dress MUST be white, covered in lace, and strapless (or at least off-shoulder) because I love my shoulders and emphasizing my neck. I like the ribbon detail on this dress because it would emphasize my small waist. I like how this dress doesn't have a giant train. I will probably skip on the veil and jewelry.

I want a fall wedding. And we will have either the wedding or reception in Korea (my fiance is Korean), but I'd prefer the wedding in Korea because I don't even really want a wedding - he does.

There has to be some orange for the colours. Orange is my favourite colour and it would work well for fall, anyway.

The cake is what I'm most excited about (lol), and I want it to be red buttercream icing with lace detailing. I want vanilla cake inside with vanilla cream and cherry fruit filling. Huzzah - delicious.

starrynight
Talker
Talker

Post by starrynight »

I would love something strapless and flattering, as well as elegant and classy.
Here's something like what I want:

CaramelDrop
Informer
Informer

Post by CaramelDrop »

I have always wanted a black wedding, I'm a little unconventional.

This color is beautiful also :)

angel face
Informer
Informer

Post by angel face »

something modern and simple.... preferably vera wang

livelovelaugh
Learner
Learner

Post by livelovelaugh »

I love the bustier of this one: (alfred angelo Cinderella)

But I don't want the bottom to be that princessy though. I want something more subtle on the skirt, like the
Vera Wang Dylan
Vera Wang Delani

So that would be perfect for me. The Dylan from Vera Wang has a pretty high waist, I don't want that. I would want that lower.

For the wedding it self, nothing too small, but not too big. I have a pretty large family so that's something that will be tricky. The ceremony can be smaller than the reception though. I would like to get marry outside, something with pretty trees and white chairs (like every girls want to these days). But I want it to be fairly simple, classic and affordable. Nothing too crazy. I would like to spend more on my honeymoon than on my wedding. But I'm only 21, and we're not nearly ready for getting married. But it's fun to fantasize about.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

jean101
Informer
Informer

Post by jean101 »

xoxod wrote:I'd love my wedding dress to be something like this-
And I'd love it even more with a corset, lace-up back.
That is beautiful!!

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whatsername_ »

I want this so badly...

liisus
Learner
Learner

Post by liisus »

So obviously I am not getting married any time soon but I still like to look dresses. I had my graduation dress custom made and it looks kind of in a way bridal (lace and white/cream, not long though). I like quite simple dresses. I would not be that brave to wear a not-white dress but here are some of my favorite gowns. :)
Yeah, I know this Monique Lhuillier one us not a bridal gown but it is stunning IMO. And I loved Kate Middleton´s dress.
This is gorgeous but I´d love it even more if it didn´t flow out that much.
The pic is not very good but this looks beautiful.

PrincessDila
Talker
Talker

Post by PrincessDila »

This is what my dream gown looks like, although I would have it in a diffrent color, maybe champagne or oyster.

dexory
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dexory »

I already have mine, actually I have two!

One is ivory lace and it's sort of mermaid style in terms of shape, very fitted down to my thighs then flares out a bit with a train. It's got lace straps and buttons up the back then it has a satin ribbon under the bust with a diamante brooch. I got it second hand on ebay for £40 including postage so I'll probably meddle with it a bit to make it a bit more unique as it was such a bargain. That's my main ceremony dress and then I have what I call my eating dress for the evening that isn't so fitted so I can stuff my face!

It's this one:

http://uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk ... 3530614616 (I don't know if the link works though the monsoon website is a bit pants, but it's the ophelia lace dress in ivory.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

If I ever got married I think I'd go for something very much like Keira Knightley style. I'm not really conventional, I'm an atheist, I HATE things that are too big, expensive traditional and formal.
I LOVED her wedding dress! Image
Image Or something similar.

I also loved Alicia Silverstone wedding dress!
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Sonia wrote:Image

This is my dress. Not really my dream dress but I hate shopping and it fit my requirements of lace + straps. I bought it over a year ago and have since lost a decent amount of weight, so hopefully alterations will make it fit properly. :? I plan on wearing a petticoat to give it more of a ballgown shape and since there's extra fabric from being too large now, I want to try to make the straps more off-the-shoulder. I also want to replace the sash with a crystal or pearl belt instead.

As for the wedding, it's going to be very simple. Small outdoor ceremony at a botanical garden and then a dinner reception. No dancing, no garter/bouquet toss, etc. We're shy people. :P I want the tables to look something like this.

This table setting is AWESOME!! I really like that style! Very quiet tasteful candellight and white.. perfect!
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

Chatabox
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Chatabox »

My dress:

The train:

Table design:

We are getting married on a tropical island next year. Can't wait!

Lily
Informer
Informer

Post by Lily »

I would love for it to look something like this <3

Casablancas
Talker
Talker

Post by Casablancas »

I've always said how I can't really see myself getting married but I still love looking at wedding dresses and watching wedding shows lol. But, If I ever do get married, I want to wear an Inbal Dror dress, I think they're so stunning. I would definitely want one with sleeves.
Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage

heyamy
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by heyamy »

ive already chosen it (although i have a long time to wait). Ive pretty much got my heart set on Elie Saab

Return to “Wedding”