What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I'd want my dress to be simple and elegant, but still with a unique touch. No jewels, chiffon, or poofy cupcake dress. I'd like it to be form fitting with short sleeves (tired of the strapless trend) and a slight open back (not too dramatic). I'd also love a small train and veil that were made of flowy lace, and bouquet of white hydrangea.

I want my wedding to be in a beautiful old church. At the end, I want petals thrown and an antique car to drive us off. And maybe the reception in a tent out in the garden.

Something like...

ImageImage

I've always wanted an antique ring.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I'd probably want a shorter/tea length dress. tbh I really don't want a ceremony, I just want a big party with friends and family.
OR a backless/key hole dress. Only because I like showing off my back lol.
Plus I'd like my dress to be blush because those colored gowns are SO pretty!
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

allpinkeverything
Informer
Informer

Post by allpinkeverything »

I'm getting married in a year and a half and here are the dresses I'm interested in!! Pnina Tornai is the only designer I like.

ravioliiii
Talker
Talker

Post by ravioliiii »

When I get married, I don't want anything fancy. I'm very shy and an introvert so I don't really want to stand up in front of a load of people in a big dress. I never really had that kind of dream wedding or whatever as a child, I was more interested in gardening with my dad and cutting up insects with my brother :p

For my wedding dress, I want to wear this dress my mother bought from an antique shop in the 1970's (it was second hand, my parents were poor) for her cousin's wedding. It's a cream dress with green/turquoise floral patterning all over, in a medieval type style. It comes down to about the ankle and the sleeves are 3/4 length (the traditional flared from the shoulder type) and have lace trim. It has a laced bodice too.It's just so frigging pretty. My mum was curvier than I am (I got my dad's skinny gene) so It'll probably have to be taken in but it's gorgeous. Sorry there's no pictures, I don't know how to embed but it would only be google image pics anyway since I have no pictures of it atm!

glamazon21
Lurker
Lurker

Post by glamazon21 »

Watched an episode of Say Yes to the Dress and this girl wanted a pink wedding dress, and all I could think was, "is she crazy?!" Then they brought the dress out and I was floored. It's a Lazaro dress Image, I just think it's so gorgeous and goes with my taste so well, and the pink is done tastefully as well.

As for the ceremony and reception I kind of want an outdoor wedding reception like the one that was in 500 days of Summer Image, I probably won't be having my ceremony in a church.

mousecakes

Post by mousecakes »

I have like a million pictures of different dresses I like but I'm on my phone right now lol, so I like ones that have straps/sleeves and are A line, maybe something poofier on bottom. I just want something kind of classic/cute, not really sexy or tight on the body. I'm really tiny and slender but have a big butt so I feel like anything tight would look odd, idk haha. Who knows what'll happen when I actually go try on dresses though!

As for the wedding, we really want to get married in the snow. Something small, maybe outdoor ceremony, indoor reception. We both love the color purple so I've been looking at a lot of snowy lavender weddings. Also my fiancé is in love with dinosaurs so we are somehow putting that in the wedding, I was thinking as cake toppers and/or seating decorations haha.

sourcherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sourcherry »

https://www.etsy.com/listing/96333567/m ... ding-dress THIS DRESS. I have been eyeing it off for years so now all I need is my boyfriend to propose and to lose 30kg so I feel like I look great in it haha.

Pinkiegurf24
Debater
Debater

Post by Pinkiegurf24 »

Haha it's amazing that I found this thread since I have been thinking about weddings a lot lately. I guess it's because I've been on a Say Yes to the Dress binger for days now. I'm 17, and still have a LONG ways to go before I ever get married, but If and when I do, I would love my dress to be a mixture of sexy and classy. Like form fitting with a bit of flare, and sparkles everywhere. I love Berta Bridals wedding dresses, and could totally picture myself wearing one

About the wedding itself, I'm not too sure. I think a beachfront wedding would be lovely, or at the iffel tower in paris... wishful thinking i suppose...

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Post by Tsubaki »

The wedding I want is a small wedding... maybe a civil wedding. A dress like this would be nice:
That is Elie Saab <3 . I like the shape of the dress but I don't care the details on the hem of the skirt.

Though in my imagination, I see a simple floor-length A-line dress. It's outside and no one is around while it is lightly snowing... and in my imagination, I'm not cold. Though no one is around, I don't feel unloved or sad. Marriage is really just between the bride and the groom. I don't need an elaborate ceremony.

cloudyking
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cloudyking »

I think I'll get a tea-length dress. Since I really don't want a ceremony, I just want a grand party with friends and family.
And I'd like my dress to be fushcia because those colored gowns are so pretty!

cloudyking
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by cloudyking »

Ha, the dress from David's Bridal is so beautiful. Well, I don't like to have a lively ceremony. I just want to have my wedding with my family and my best friends. I like a sunny sky so I wish I could have a theme wedding with sunshine. It seems a little common, but it'll be very a happy and funny wedding.
Here are the two dresses online that I saw some days ago:
first: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_cap ... ns-200-399
second: http://www.azazie.com/products/azazie-l ... olor=ivory
which do you think is more suitable for my wedding? I'll be happy if you all give some suggestion.

jenny10
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jenny10 »

Well dear I have already purchased my wedding dress. It is a beautiful pink designer dress. Now I am seeking some traditional Chicago Wedding Venues. Is there anyone who can help me in finding a traditional venue?

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

This one is by Naeem Khan.

I'd like something super elegant and dainty. Not a full, princess-y skirt, no plunging neckline, not too much frill.
XOXO

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

I always wanted to wear an A line champagne dress

Return to “Wedding”