What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

Post by Angie V » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:15 pm

I was watching the program "Say Yes to the Dress" and I was thinking about what kind of dress and wedding I would want. I like simpler things, so I'd love for my wedding to be outside in the late summer, and the decorations to be cherry blossoms (or another small flower) and small twinkling lights, no heavy fabric or excessive decor. I'd like it to be small, just family and close friends.

I'd also like my dress to be on the simpler side. I think the absolute highest price I'd pay is $1,000 and only if I couldn't find any other dress that I liked enough to wear. I don't really like the idea of spending a lot of money on one item I'll only wear once, so closer to $500 would be ideal.

I was looking online at dresses and J.Crew had beautiful dresses last season, but this season, not so much. So I looked at David's Bridal and found this one which is beautiful:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Org ... -Vera-Wang

If it fit me like a glove and I had the money, I'd pay the $1,000 for it I suppose.
I like A-line strapless dresses with just a little bit of detail but subtle.

I'd also want my hair to be down and natural. My hair is already straight with a soft wave, and I like it that way, it makes me feel comfortable. I'd wear no jewelry besides the engagement ring.
I'm not sure about the veil.... I like the idea of one only in the back, but I'd have to see it on to judge.

Haha, a girl can dream.

What about you guys??
imma ball til the day i fall

Miranda
Debater
Debater

Re: What would you want your wedding and dress to look like?

Post by Miranda » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 pm

I went through a phase where that show was literally all I watched. I find myself attracted to a lot of Pnina Tornai's dresses, which is unfortunate, because they're so expensive! I remember there was an episode of SYTTD where one of the consultants, Sarah, was getting married, and I loved her dress. I believe it was a Pnina. I like ones like these:

http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cf ... d=24&page=

http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cf ... =43&page=5

I really love dropped waists, but I don't know if it would look good on me. I remember Kleinfeld used to have something where you select your body type, style of dress, price range etc. and it would give you dresses but apparently they got rid of that.

KittenKaboost
Talker
Talker

Post by KittenKaboost » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:51 am

If I ever get married I would want it to be not too expensive (like under 10,000). I was thinking of it being in the fall or spring, and getting married at a church with close family and friends there. And then I would invite a bunch of people to the reception. I would want it to be 50's inspired, and I would have like the groomsmen wear converse ( I know this is lame and over done lol but I've always wanted this forever). I probably wouldn't wear a ball gown though. Maybe something with an empire waist...and I would most likely wear sparkely flats because I can't manage heels and I would want to be comfortable.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 am

Already bought it.

I searched high and low for a pinup dress I liked, had just resigned myself to the idea that I had to get it made, Found it- it had gone out of production.

My heart broke. Seriously.

Nothing compared to that dress, so I knew it was "the one".

It came back after they updated the fabric style- bought it as soon as became available.
"Details of your incompetence do not interest me."

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:50 am

artlovemoney wrote:Already bought it.

I searched high and low for a pinup dress I liked, had just resigned myself to the idea that I had to get it made, Found it- it had gone out of production.

My heart broke. Seriously.

Nothing compared to that dress, so I knew it was "the one".

It came back after they updated the fabric style- bought it as soon as became available.
That is so, SO beautiful! <3

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:03 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

My mom HATES it because its not a bridal gown.

Liney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liney » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:04 am

I know the church I want to get married in, and even though I'm not religious, I couldn't see myself being married anywhere but that church. It is a pretty big chruch though, so if I had a small wedding I'd pick a different one.

All I know about the dress is I don't want a strapless one and one that doesn't make me look shorter than I already am, haha.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 am

(shitloads of pictures coming right up!)

I've gone psycho on Pinterest lately regarding wedding things. :lol: I've always been obsessed with shows like SYTTD, David Tutera's show, Bridezillas, Four Weddings, etc. For me though, I really want a fall wedding up north, indoors. A lot of outside weddings turn out to be gorgeous but I'd be too afraid to take my chances with the weather or if it'd be too windy. :( I'd want the ceremony to be held in a beautiful cathedral and then switch over to a reception hall somewhere nice.

I'd love the setup to be something like this: Image
And as for centerpieces I love how the lone branches with pinecones look: Image
But I also love these, which would probably be hella expensive, but a girl can dream!: Image
And these are just adorable: Image
I'd LOVE for these to be incorporated somehow because my boyfriend's nickname for me has always been Belle (if we get married someday which is likely :lol:) and he's always gotten me things that relate to her: Image
Cake!: Image(but probably in white instead of the blue)
Lastly, the dress. I'd love to have a chiffon skirt with something lacy up top. I've always been a big fan of these types of dresses: Image

Pinterest has made me crazy. :lol:

princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer

Post by princessvoldemort » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 am

It has to be red and short. I look disgusting in white. Besides, red looks good with my dark hair. And since I'm short, I would look better in a shorter dress. However, I don't plan on getting married for a long time.
Something like this:

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Something similar to Kate Middleton's dress or something else very modest

Goat
Informer
Informer

Post by Goat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:22 pm

Here is a cool game where you can "make" your own wedding dress if you can't happen to find photos: http://www.weddingdresscreator.com/wedd ... reator.php

Anyway, I want a somewhat simple wedding dress. Strapless, sweetheart neckline, a somewhat ballroom-like silhouette (nothing too big), and definitely some waist accents since I unfortunately lack curves. It would also be great if the dress could have some kind of gradient possibly. Embellishment would be lovely as well but I'd have to see everything in person to make any kind of choice. Red shoes are an Irish good luck charm, so I would need a long length of dress to cover those since I don't want red in my color scheme.

Colors would not be very bright and out there. Neutral shades and navy blue (hence the blue accents in the dress).

The wedding ceremony would be outdoors preferably, late summer or early fall. The reception could be both indoors and outdoors since I would like to give people the option to be indoors if they wanted to. That's all I really all I can think of right now.
Image Image

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Those choices are all really nice! <3

My mom had a dress with lace sleeves kind of like that one posted up there^ It looked really nice (from the pictures I saw I mean). I definitely want my dress to be strapless because I like how clean and simple that looks, and my favorite part of my body right now is my collarbone because no matter what weight I am, it never changes and it looks elegant, if I do say so myself haha. It's crooked and protruding but I like that imperfection.

I've thought about a dress in another color but I think I just want white. I don't even really like sashes or embroidery in a different color (for myself I mean). If I was to have that dress I pictured in my original post, I'd probably remove the sash/belt.

What about makeup??? Would you guys hire a makeup artist or do it yourself?

I'd just want really natural makeup, enough to cover redness because my cheeks get quite flushed, and a bit of natural eye makeup, but nothing else.
imma ball til the day i fall

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:29 pm

I wouldn't trust myself to do my own makeup, personally. Same with hair. :S

Goat
Informer
Informer

Post by Goat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Angie V wrote:What about makeup??? Would you guys hire a makeup artist or do it yourself?

I'd just want really natural makeup, enough to cover redness because my cheeks get quite flushed, and a bit of natural eye makeup, but nothing else.
Having a makeup artist would be really fun, I always do makeup on myself and other people (unprofessionally of course) so it would be interesting to get my makeup done by a professional. I think NikkieTutorial's Adele Inspired Makeup Tutorial is almost exactly what I would want, except I want all matte or satin finishes for everything and maybe a bit more of a rosy lip. More dramatic makeup suits photography better.

Hair is a different story. I don't really know what I want to do with my hair, having it down would be nice but I don't exactly want it getting everywhere and when my hair is up it suits my face shape a bit better. That would also need to be done by a stylist because I cannot do my hair if my life depended on it!

I really love the way lace vintage styled sleeves look on fitted dresses, like the first dress Bunny posted! It's absolutely gorgeous but I unfortunately hate sleeves in general. Pretty sure I'll try on every kind of dress I can get my hands on though. I used to want a mermaid dress for the longest time but I am starting to appreciate more poofy dresses.
Image Image

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Having somebody do my makeup would be quite unfair to them consider its what I do for a living. I'd probably pick them apart and micro manage- they don't need to go through that.

Hair on the other hand- i will NOT attempt to do my own hair. that is a complete disaster waiting to happen.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:09 am

I would just like to slip away and get married with no one there. I don't like being the centre of attention and don't have any close family so wouldn't want a big wedding. I also can think of a million things I'd rather spend the money on. My parents pretty much got married in their lunch hour and my mum just wore a suit. They look so happy and sweet in the photos. If I wore a wedding dress it would just be plain and modest. I'm short so a big dress would look silly on me. A couple of my friends bought their dresses in the Monsoon sale really cheap and they looked amazing.

Min
Informer
Informer

Post by Min » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 pm

I actually had my wedding 3 years ago, but if I could do it again (which I definitely would -- terrible wedding), I would not have a big wedding...in fact, I would elope on a island, maybe Hawaii, with only a few close friends and family members in attendance. Wouldn't change what I wore, but hair and makeup would be totally different, I had no idea how to do either back then and I looked like a total disaster lol. Maybe some nice waves with a soft smokey eye. Go to restaurant for the reception. Wouldn't change what I had for dessert though...cheesecake :D

SLM1983
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SLM1983 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm actually getting married 9/14/13 so we are in the middle of planning. Originally I was going to have a formal wedding in a Catholic church with a reception to follow at a country club but after much thought we have decided on a backyard wedding at my parents house. They have a massive backyard and we are going to have a tent setup and have it catered. I still want to wear the beautiful dress so it's still going to have a wedding feel but just much more laid back. Our colors are pink, navy and white. I've tried on several dresses and while I haven't "officially" picked it out yet I do have my mind set on one. I actually let my fiance go with me when I tried on a couple of dresses because I the end of the day it's his wedding too and I want him to love what I wear. He doesn't know which one I'm going to pick but I know he wants a fit and flare with a corset back and sweetheart neckline.

This is the dress I'm leaning towards. It's a Sophia Tolli

And here are my colors with the outdoor tent
Look up when you walk. A real lady faces the world head on.

azealiabanks
Debater
Debater

Post by azealiabanks » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:10 am

I get kind of bored of wearing white, and its not necessarily the best color on myself. I need something with a bit of retro glamour as well.

Strv2Perfection
Learner
Learner

Post by Strv2Perfection » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:32 am

Pnina tornai or amsale. I love bother designers. A princess ball gown with no train. Covered in lots of crystals. No lace.

Forever5stars
Talker
Talker

Post by Forever5stars » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 am

I don't really have any interest in getting married (I'm only 15, so that's probably why haha.) but if I do, I'd probably have a really casual dress code for everybody. I don't see the point in spending tons and tons of money on a dress. Yes it's nice to have a beautiful gown, but the most important part is simply confirming your love isn't it? I guess it depends who I end up with and what we mutually agree on.. and of course, this is coming from a 15 year old :P

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 am

empire cut for sure. i want something that would accentuate my figure and be all-around beautiful. for example:
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:39 am

this is stunning!

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Something very elegant, with lace.

Bae
Debater
Debater

Post by Bae » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Something like Blair's dress in last nights LAST EPISODE OF GOSSIP GIRL (okay sorry but AHHHHHH! DID anyone watch that?)

Return to “Wedding”