queen_sheba
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wedding makeup

Post by queen_sheba »

Hiya

I'm looking for some ideas/advice on wedding makeup -specifically how to still have pretty and respectable makeup that won't fade into oblivion in photos. I know you need a little more emphasis to allow the features to pop on camera like lashes etc but don't want to look like "a craiglist hooker"

Anyone been there and can recommend some good tips?

xx

MakeupAddict89
Learner
Learner

Re: Wedding makeup

Post by MakeupAddict89 »

Well you could do what I did just book an appointment and have your makeup done by a professional. It takes all the work out of having to do it just the right way yourself and you know that your makeup will look fab, plus its one less thing you yourself have to do the day of. Not really a makeup tip but if you are worried about looking decent then that will fix the problem.

auroraborealis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by auroraborealis »

Well I have my wedding on Saturday, so this is really current subject for me because I'm doing my own wedding makeup (I'm good with makeup, so I trust myself more than a friend to do it and I'm on low budget). I would recommend going to pinterest and search search search for ideas and tutorials. Besides that, it is extremely important to practice your wedding makeup beforehand, so you know what you're doing on the day itself. And if you're not certain about your own skills it could be a good idea to book a professional like it was said previously.

queen_sheba
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by queen_sheba »

Thanks guys - yes I'm confident enough in my skills and makeup kit so just needing to find the perfect lipstick and a good foundation without spf, thinking armani maestro or dior airbrush.

Anyway I'm getting someone to do my hair and getting nails gelled a few days before so can't also afford a makeup artist that may or may not have the skills that i don't already have ;-)

xx

mariabartkowska
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mariabartkowska »

Try looking in wedding dresses designers lookbooks/photoshoots. Usually they have really good ideas !

auroraborealis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by auroraborealis »

For lipstick I would recommend MAC, overall on my experience they have the best quality when it comes to lipsticks. I'm myself mostly using a Finnish brand Lumene's products for my makeup, because they are high quality and not too expensive.

edit: typo

Return to “Wedding”