Wedding dress help?

nightmanoeuvres
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wedding dress help?

Post by nightmanoeuvres »

I hope this is the right place to post this in. But I went wedding dress shopping again the other day and I found some amazing dresses. It's so overwhelming because I feel like I'll never decide. Maybe I'm waiting on my "this is the one" moment where I start to cry. But anyways, would you ladies care to give your opinions on the dresses? Like which one looks best on me, which one fits in with our theme best, etc.
Our theme is old hollywood, sort of vintage and slightly elegant. Our venue is at an old theatre.

These first couple were at David's Bridal.
I liked this one a lot on, and this is my fiancé's favorite. However, looking back at the pictures I feel as though it isn't that flattering on me. I feel it's more of a "princess" dress and the train is super long, which I'm not a fan of. I'm probably going to throw this one out.

This was one of my favorites. It's so flattering on me and very lightweight. I'm not big on a lot of beading and this dress is different than the usual.

Very similar to the last one. I really liked it the last time we went to DB but that was only with me seeing it on the rack. It's very gorgeous but I'm not sure about the strap. Also I feel it isn't as flattering but maybe it's just me.

This one is from Alfred Angelo. I seriously love this dress. Very elegant and differen. IT fits me so well. However it does show some cleavage. But when it's altered it won't show as much as you see in the picture but still. I'm kind of iffy on wearing somethin revealing like that but I can always put in a little modesty piece. Also this dress is almost $1,000. Which is slightly offputting.

I will be trying all of these on again at some point. I also want to try some more on at David's as well as Alfred's just to be sure. So many choices. I never thought I would be one of those brides where I have to try on 100 dresses. I never thought I'd be so picky either. It's just not like me, haha. Can you all share some of your dress shopping experiences? Like how long did it take you to find the dress, did you have the "moment" where you knew it was the one, etc.
Sorry for the long post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer

Re: Wedding dress help?

Post by Tsubaki »

I think the second option is best. Definitely most flattering on you than the other options and I think it suits "Old Hollywood" best. I've never married though, so I don't have any experience finding the dress.

lipstickliquor
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lipstickliquor »

I like the second one, definitely suits the theme and your lovely shape. :)

Take it from someone who got married in her dream dress, which I then actually didn't like on the day because I'd been wearing massive rose-tinted glasses whenever I saw it. It was a matter of heart eyes up until the stress of the day... Make sure your dress fits you well, suits your figure and is most of all comfortable. Also, don't go against something you'd normally wear because it's your wedding day. If you know what I mean? I am a curvy, tattooed lady, and I went for a really classy, long sleeved, not-super-fitted dress, which yes, was lovely, but I didn't feel like me on the day. If I could go back and choose again, I'd pick something completely different.

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

The second is my favourite too, suits your figure a lot! Absolutely stunning!!

HatsuneMiku
Talker
Talker

Post by HatsuneMiku »

The second is my favorite but since you said you might throw it out, my second favorite is the third. <3

xLeopardPrincessX
Informer
Informer

Post by xLeopardPrincessX »

The second one hands down!

MyBeautyAdventures
Learner
Learner

Post by MyBeautyAdventures »

Second dress looks amazing on you! :tu:
My YouTube channel for beauty and fashion https://www.youtube.com/user/mybeautyadventures

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

I love the second as well.

tinyblue
Informer
Informer

Post by tinyblue »

Hands down the 2nd! It looks lovely. Let us know which one you choose :)

Return to “Wedding”