What is wedding guest appropriate ?

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is wedding guest appropriate ?

Post by angelaj0921 »

I'm planning on going to a wedding this weekend and am still not sure exactly what to wear. I'm usually totally against wearing black to a wedding but I saw a dress that I absolutely love and it's black. What are your thoughts on wearing black to weddings?

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: What is wedding guest appropriate ?

Post by loopyloo »

I think black can be lovely, but you do need to add some other colours into it. A black and white theme can look very classic. I once saw a girl wear a black shift dress, white hat and white bag and it looked gorgeous. It does really depend on what sort of wedding it is.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

^i second that. Wearing black is fine for me as long as it's not all black or funeral looking. Actually I recently wore a black dress with gold detailing to a wedding. I played up the gold with the accessories and it was fine

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I personally don't think you can ever really go wrong with black. I don't think it'll look like a funeral outfit unless you're wearing a black veil over your face :/
imma ball til the day i fall

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

Thanks guys I think I will go with the black . I'm not used to winter weddings so I'm having a hard time. :D

Post by Guest »

Usually black is frowned upon depending on the culture. So if the bride and groom aren't a part of a culture that believes black should be only reserved for funerals, then you'll be ok :) A pretty statement necklace will look nice with a black dress.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Or just look at tanya burr at fleurs wedding and do everything she didnt. :D (sorry)
I agree with everyone, as long as it isnt all black on black you should be absolutely fine. Add some contrast and you will look lovely. Have fun xx

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

Ok guys thanks for the input. I went with a black fit and flare dress and added a pop of color with some statement jewelry and my favorite blue wedges. I promise they aren't as tacky as they sound. Lol I usually like more color when it comes to wedding but just couldn't find anything else I liked.

@Fairycake I could never in million years even try yo look as ridiculous as Tan looked at Fleur's wedding :D

Return to “Wedding”