Husband wants to join navy

makeuplovr73
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Husband wants to join navy

Post by makeuplovr73 »

My husband has wanted to go into the navy for a long time, and today we were talking and he has pretty much decided he wants to go. He says he wants to build a better future for us and our future children, and plus he wants to live out his dream. I have a lot of anxiety about this. I have been diagnosed with OCD and a severe anxiety disorder by my psychiatrist, so needless to say this is more stressful to me than the average woman. My husband's family hates me and we have no relationship - so I literally wouldn't have any way of being close to him while he was deployed. I would be living alone in our apartment waiting for calls. I'm very dependent on my husband, he's my best friend and my whole world. Are there any military wives out there with no kids? how do you handle this?

longtimelurkerrr_
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Husband wants to join navy

Post by longtimelurkerrr_ »

Try venturing out and getting more female friends before he deploys. That way when he leaves, you'll have a network of friends to keep you company and ease your anxiety.

wellie
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Husband wants to join navy

Post by wellie »

I’m a military wife and I’m active duty as well. My husband is deploying in August for 7 months. We don’t have children and instead have gotten a dog so I’m not lonely. There’s always Fleet and Family that offers counseling and commands will usually have Facebook spouse pages. Or you can talk to me! Where is he gonna get stationed?

Return to “Marriage”