Pets!

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pets!

Post by Sonia »

I noticed people posting photos of their furbabies in the PAPOY (wow, that's a weird acronym) thread, so I thought I'd make this its own topic. Here are my two kitties in a rare cuddly moment:

I got Lynx (black kitty) from the local animal shelter last December. He's pretty reserved, but extremely playful.

Then in March, my sister told me she knew someone who needed to give away their cat due to allergies. So, I adopted Lumi (white kitty. obviously). He's ridiculously fluffy and loves to lick everything.

So, what pets do you have? Any special quirks? :horny:

Zealous Lace
Debater
Debater

Re: Pets!

Post by Zealous Lace »

I mentioned in the old Guru Gossip that my family bought this little monster (I really do love him :)) to help with my anxiety- and that he has! I spend so much time running after him I have no time to feel anxious haha
His name is Dante and he's an Australian Terrier (correction: Terror!! :D) puppy (he's a little over 2 months old). At the moment he loves to chew everything!! I have many toys for him, but he still loves to chase after my boots :? He also loves to run at a zillion miles an hour from room to room too!! He's starting puppy school soon so that will be great for him to socialize and us to help keep him under control!
In the picture above he got tired of chewing on my clothes- and my hands!- so after a battle of wits (tug-of-war with my skirt!!!), he decided to catch a few Zzzs haha
He's sooo naughty, but I love him regardless :)

Meowface
Talker
Talker

Post by Meowface »

I have 2 cats and a dog (that has to live with my dad)

The first kitty is mahussive and fluffy and she is in love my husband. She waits for him to come home each night on the windowsill and follows him round the house!

My kitty is tiny, she is white with small tabby patches behind her legs. She also has a stripy tail. <3 I love her. I used to be terrified of cats, after I was scratched in the face by an angry cat when I was little (It wasn't angry with me, it just attacked me) but after getting her I am much better around other cats which is a plus, all my friends seem to be cat people.. I'm definitely more of a dog person..

My dog, is a cross between loads of things, she is a whippet, lurcher, bedlington terrier crossed with some other crap. I rescued her from a shelter when she was a baby. Her mum had been bound up with chains when the previous excuse for a human being had her. Luckily a dog center found her and she had her puppies in the center. My dad has her because there was no way I could look after her like he does. :cry: But she is happy and that is all that matters.

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

I have a mean, hateful cat. He likes to bite people but bites me less so I love the shit out of that bastard. His name is Mr. Skinny and he's 20lbs and like obese but I love him. He's just a tomcat, was a stray, has raccoon looking stripes and a big white belly.
I also have a pony, her name is Lucy. I used to ride her competitively, haven't rode for 5 years now, so she's like a pet. She's a big sweetie and I love her. She is an Appaloosa crossed with who the hell knows, whatever it was, she seems to have got the best traits from both breeds so I love my mutt pony.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

nothinggold wrote:I have a mean, hateful cat. He likes to bite people but bites me less so I love the shit out of that bastard. His name is Mr. Skinny and he's 20lbs and like obese but I love him. He's just a tomcat, was a stray, has raccoon looking stripes and a big white belly.
I also have a pony, her name is Lucy. I used to ride her competitively, haven't rode for 5 years now, so she's like a pet. She's a big sweetie and I love her. She is an Appaloosa crossed with who the hell knows, whatever it was, she seems to have got the best traits from both breeds so I love my mutt pony.
Your cat sounds like my oldest cat Maxi. I call him my psycho-kitty because he can go from being sweet, loving, purring to super-attack mode in a split second. Too many of my friends who have not heeded my warning bear his scars now, but I still love the fur ball anyway. :horny:

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I have two cats named Mister (Pronounce like Mr.) and Matilda. Mister is REALLY old; he's 15, but he's the sweetest cat ever, he's my little man! He belonged to my aunt a long time ago, but right before she died of cancer, she asked my mom if Mister could go live with us because she knew we'd take care of him really well and we have <3

Then I have a 5 year old Beagle named Lola. She's annoying as hell, because all she does is eat, bark, and howl but she's so damn cute and cuddly!

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Here are my "kids."

Maxi and Mori (ages 11 and 10, respectively)

Joey and Lexi (age 2, they are brother & sister and litter mates)

meltymints
Lurker
Lurker

Post by meltymints »

2012 has been a year of pets' passing and running away for my family. But this is Mugsy, the spoiled handicapped 13 year-old Persian. He's all we have left now! :(

He's treated like a little prince around my house and does cute things constantly. He has leg problems, so he has trouble getting around and walking. In addition to this, he snorts all the time because of breathing problems! He's a very loud cat because of this. Not good to sleep in the same room as him. My grandma originally rescued him and my family later inherited him, so it's not like we were around when he developed his health issues. But he is an extremely loving cat (acts more like a dog, actually) and just really, really cute.

Everyone has such beautiful pets by the way! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.youtube.com/user/personthatisred
http://personthatisred.blogspot.com/

monroe
Learner
Learner

Post by monroe »

Oh I wanna squish all the pets you've posted so far :twit:

That's my love.
His name is Hugo :)
:horny:
It's all make believe, isn't it?
M.M.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

This is my little man!

<3 <3 <3 <3

Laina
Talker
Talker

Post by Laina »

You guys should probably never ask me to post pictures of my cat. Here comes a spam....

worldofchances
Talker
Talker

Post by worldofchances »

This is my girl. We rescued her from a shelter when she was (they think) about 7 months and we've had her for a year now. She was a stray who was living in a construction yard with quite a few other kittens, so she's a timid little one. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's a dog though because she's very talkative - she never stops meowing, she loves water - as in she jumps in the shower when it's on, and she licks me all the time. I've never met a cat who is as cuddly as her and I love her more than I think I should lol.

Laina
Talker
Talker

Post by Laina »

This is my baby girl Lucy. She has many nicknames...Lu, Lulu, Lulubug, bug, goober, etc.
She is as sweet as can be one minute, and a holy terror the next. She's just a normal little orange tabby cat, but I still think she's the cutest thing in the world. She likes to sit on the dishwasher when we're doing dishes, rip apart the blinds in my windows, and wake me up every morning by licking my nose. :twit:

volleyball201211
Debater
Debater

Post by volleyball201211 »

Image my dog, Pepper. Blurry picture, sorry, I don't have many of her on my computer right now! :p She's a Borkie, beagle and Yorkie mix. Mostly Beagle, though. Shes around 7 months old... :D She's so cute <3 Got her on Easter.

Heres my favorite animal ever <3 Snowie... She's 3 years old and she's just a tabby cat. I've had her since she was a kitten.

here she is in the sink! :P Image
jsyk, my cats aren't allowed in the sink usually! xD

and here's my kitty(s) who I miss :\ he passed in May... his name was Kitty and we had him for 1 year and he was 1 and a half.

Image he's planking.
I LOVE CHEEZ-ITS. ESPECIALLY THE FOUR CHEESE ONES
Green Day is the best band in the world
GuruGossip is my reddit

volleyball201211
Debater
Debater

Post by volleyball201211 »

^^ holy God, those are huge. I'll edit once I resize them!!
I LOVE CHEEZ-ITS. ESPECIALLY THE FOUR CHEESE ONES
Green Day is the best band in the world
GuruGossip is my reddit

snowyleopard
Learner
Learner

Post by snowyleopard »

Picture of the kitten I got two weeks ago.

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

So many orange cats! Klein, yours look like they could be related. :HK: Everyone's pets are adorable. :D

Here's a better photo of Lynx - he's so dark it's often hard to get a good shot.

I used to have two rats, Harry and Draco ;), but my roommate took them when she moved out.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Lily

Tiger

Chloe

Lily is a Wheaten Terrier we adopted from a humane society 8 years ago. Chloe and Tiger are mother and son. We found them under a neighbor's deck 10 years ago. Chloe had just had a litter of kittens, and no one was claiming her. We were only going to keep a kitten, but we couldn't resist keeping Chloe too!

Jerri_Blank
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Jerri_Blank »

My Husband and I have two dogs. Magic (the black lab) he has had since she was a puppy and she is 8. Gunther (the pitbull) we rescued last summer and he is about 4. I have never had a dog before so my husband got him for me as a surprise. He is the sweetest thing in the world! Adopting a pet is very rewarding.

mcamn09
Learner
Learner

Post by mcamn09 »

I have:
Two horses
An evil cat
Two dogs, both rescues. Actually, all of our animals have been rescues with the exception of my one horse.

I have a billion photos of my kiikii but am too lazy to upload them...

Return to “Pets”