Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pets!

Post by JenniferKelley »

My old man, Zorro. (He's 15 this June)

Ruby

Boo

I also used to have 4 other rats (Princess, Ziggy, Willow & Layla) - but they all passed away recently since they were all 2 1/2 -3 years old.

BrittanyXo
Learner
Learner

Post by BrittanyXo »

These are my dogs

And this is my cat

thismustbetheplace
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thismustbetheplace »

424984_10151121250916605_1198998082_n.jpg
555151_10151121250571605_652624047_n.jpg
734744_10151398895286605_1820994459_n.jpg
These are my kitties. The tabby one is named Sylvia, but we call her Squishy. The tortoiseshell one is named Claudia, but we call her Mookie. They're around 9 years old, and are sisters.

Both of them are very sweet and loving. Sylvia is very friendly to just about everyone and loves smelling peoples' feet and cuddling under the covers. She especially loves me -- when I went away to college she slept under my bed every night for three weeks. She loves food and always hogs all the food, so we have to feed them separately. Claudia is a scaredy cat and she takes a long time to trust people. She acts like a kitten most of the time. She is very hyper and innocent and follows my mom around everywhere. She likes cuddling on the computer desk while my mom or I are using the computer.

We adopted them from my mom's boss's neighbor, who is a cat lady. My mom's boss found them in his garage when they were kittens and she took them in (along with their mom) and then she adopted them out along with the rest of the litter once they got old enough.

I miss them :( I'm away at college right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cakewalked
Talker
Talker

Post by cakewalked »

Oh my gosh I love this thread! Animals are my life :)
Mine and my fiancees:
Peanut
and Coconut are our chinchillas
Remy, our Italian Greyhound
Cinnabon and Cupcake, my parents' shih tzus.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

I was going through my yfrog and thought you'd all appreciate the cuteness that is my fur ball

GoGoYuBari
Informer
Informer

Post by GoGoYuBari »

Aww this thread is making me miss my furbaby! :(

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

Okay so we have a red-eared slider terrapin.

It's a girl and her name is Sheldon. She looks perpetually pissed off.

AND TODAY WE GOT A PUPPY YUSS.

Her name is Daisy (I wanted to call her Latte but it was family choice and Daisy won :P ) and she's a Labrador Retriever (ofc) and I only have decent pics of her asleep because she's been running around SO MUCH and I haven't been able to get a non-blurry picture of her while she's so active, hehe.

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kathpt »

omggggg awwwwwwwwwwwwwwh so adorable!!!!
latte is such a cute name though you should just call her that and ignore the daisy :p

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

kathpt wrote:omggggg awwwwwwwwwwwwwwh so adorable!!!!
latte is such a cute name though you should just call her that and ignore the daisy :p
Tehehehe thank you :') And I reckon I will :P She even looks like the top of one!

cakewalked
Talker
Talker

Post by cakewalked »

Oh my gosh Daisy is soooo cute. When my dog was a puppy all he did was sleep like that. Enjoy it while it lasts :)

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

Awh, these pictures of y'all's kitties are seriously making me cry. I'm away at college and away from my cats and dogs. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs, 4 dogs if you count my stepdad's.

I have 2 cats, Felix (13) and Coal (8). Felix is a white tabby, I think. The kind with the white body, striped tail and head, and the striped spots on their back. Felix is my baby and has slept on a pillow next to my head since we got her. She cries/howls when she can't find me. If I'm in the shower for too long, she sits in front of the bathroom door and cries. Sometimes I have to take her in the bathroom with me so that she doesn't cry. Coal is a longhaired, black cat with gold eyes. She's a butthole, but has her good moments. She used to lurk around the corner and bite my ankles when I walked by. We also had to shave her due to knots in her fur and she looks like a lion :lol: Both are girls, but for some reason have boy names.

My 2 dogs are Puca (15) and Sophie (range of 9-11years). Puca's a mix of a Chow, Lab and Golden Retriever. She's got the purple tongue of a Chow, face of a Lab, and the long fur of a GR. Sadly she's an outdoor dog who loves to roll in the grass and gets tons of knots and twigs/leaves in her fur, so it's not that pretty. She's white with yellow ears and a yellow stripe on her back. She was a kill dog, meaning she was going to be killed the next day because the shelter couldn't afford to take care of her anymore. It was right after a really bad hurricane in the Gulf Coast in '98 and someone found a box of puppies and turned them into the shelter. One of those puppies was Puca. Sophie is a Jack Russell/Pitbull mix. She's super sweet, but has her mean side when it comes to her food (and is a little chunk because of it :P ). She's terrified of the cats and won't go anywhere near them. She's white with brown spots on her face, tail, and body. My stepdad has 2 twin dachshunds named Guinness (boy) and Greta (girl). They're 10 going on 11. Guinness is a total diva. He either has to be sitting next to someone or be curled up under his blanket. He also prances, which is weird because most doxies waddle (Greta waddles). He whines a lot, even worse than CTFxC's Marley. Greta would be a ditzy blonde if she was human. She has huge, deer-in-the-headlights eyes. She loves playing with racquet balls and having her belly rubbed. The doxies are a mix of full-size and mini. They're also a shorthair/longhair mix. Both have short, coarse hair, but Greta has long, fine hair on her ears.

Excuse the essay I just wrote on my babies, but I miss them so much and I get to see them tomorrow <3

As1014
Informer
Informer

Post by As1014 »

Why haven't I seen this thread?!? It gives me so much joy lol it's makes me miss my puppy. I've only been gone two months but I'll be home in a week and dreading the travel but the thought of seeing my baby is the only thing making me excited about leaving here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Oh god, this thread. You guys have the cutest pets <3
Hers my pug; shes very cheeky with a heart of gold. Dont know where i would be without her <3

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

She is adorable! I want a pug so badly.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow »

My wheaten terrier! Ah, I can't believe she turns 10 today. Other than her there's a cat in the apartment above us, and sometimes I feel like he's ours also. He loves snooping around, so he's snuck into our apartment several times. I haven't really got a good picture of him, since he refuses to ever just sit for a second..

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

allisoonnn wrote:She is adorable! I want a pug so badly.
Thank you:) she really is a sweetheart. Can only recommend them, they have the most loving personalities:)

Throne
Talker
Talker

Post by Throne »

Here is my pride and joy Lotte! She just turned five this January 16th and shes a shiz tzu. :love2:
I love dogs. Im glad to see several of ya'll posting some adorkable doggie pics :)

IMG_20121206_140953.jpg
1389925206823.jpg
IMG_20121206_140931.jpg

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Our cat Tite-Puce (Tite is slang for small and Puce is Flee both in French) because sticks to you like one. We got her she was 3 1/2 at a refuge. Poor thing is declawed on all 4. She's not 6 years old. She's pure Applehead Siamese from what we can tell.

This is our Lhasa Apso, Minus. He's now 3 years old. We got him from an idiot who bred his female Lhasa Apso and he was the runt of the litter and it was either we take him or he goes to a pound. Reason I say idiot is because he was not a licensed breeder. He was one of those "lets just make her have puppies so I can make money" types. Poor thing was with his mother until 5 months old when we went to pick him up so because of that he has behavioural issues which is understandable but we try to give him as much love and comfort as possible. He's my baby, glued to me like a fly to shit.

Our last one is a heart breaker. Her name is Adele, she's been with us for about 10 months now. We saw her on facebook well my husband did to be exact. It was a post asking to get her out of a shelter asap because she was a senior being 8 years old and it was a kill shelter and seniors don't do well there in regards to keeping them for long. She had been found with what was her owners corpse that had been dead for 10 days. My hubby bawled his eyes out reading the story so he got everything set up to get her transported as she was 6 hours away. She has become my hubby's sidekick. She never leaves him alone and she'll give him licking marathons. It's so adorable. We're glad we could save her because she has the most maternal soul I've ever seen a dog have it's a shame her life came so close to being cut short.

This is the original picture from the facebook post:

In addition we also have two Budgies named Heebee and Geebee who are now 1 year old:

Last but not least when it comes to domestic pets we have Goldfish:

When I say when it comes to domestic pets it's because we also have an additional what we consider part of the family because he or she lives in our walls and has actually walked casually in our living room a few times. It could care less about the dogs so we don't mind and it helps us with our mouse problem since we live country side, mice are unavoidable. It's a North American Weasel.We found evidence that several generations of this particular weasel has been living here because when we moved here we found a wooden cut out of the exact type of weasel against the house. We thought nothing of the cutout until we jumped the first time we saw it randomly walk through our living room like it owned the place lol. This is not the exact one but a picture of the same weasel online.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I really miss my cat >_< I haven't seen him in like 5-6 months (he lives with my parents). We got him on my 16th birthday and he slept in my bed every night throughout high school (I would literally have to vacuum my sheets in between washes). Then I moved to college but still saw him on breaks. Now I moved permanently and I can't afford to visit home. He's a little shit but he's my barnacle and I even miss him slapping my hand away when he gets tired of being pet. ;_; I feel so lost without him. I get really anxious often and he is the only one who can make me feel at peace.
imma ball til the day i fall

Forever5stars
Talker
Talker

Post by Forever5stars »

Yessssss furbabies <3

Mojo, a Welsh Section C gelding. He's not legally mine but I consider him mine so

Buffy, our staffy

Alice, my guinea pig and Norbert, my not so furry bearded dragon baby

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2371_n.jpg

Return to ā€œPetsā€