laurie
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pets!

Post by laurie »

DarthCassie wrote:And of course my hedgie Rambuculus! :D
OH MY GOD. he/she is adorable! how are hedgehogs in terms of maintenance/feeding/etc.?

my parents have a 3 year old westie who i love like my own child. but, campus housing doesn't allow pets (except fish). so i'm petless until i get my own place. :(

Sticky Gloss
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sticky Gloss »

Toby (husky/lab mix)

Pugsley (puggle)

Chewy (chihuahua)

Daisy (chihuahua)

Daisy and Pugsley are mine, Toby and Chewy are my parent's.
forever stuffin'

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

I have a scottish terrier named Angus and he's my baby. <3
I don't have a picture (can't find my phone) but he's a little over 2 years old, about 12 pounds and he doen't have that ugly skirt cut. I seriously love this dog to death!
BOO

copycatcrayon
Talker
Talker

Post by copycatcrayon »

This is Abby, our permanent fur baby, who lives with us at our house. I swear, I didn't know I could love an animal as much as until we got her. She's definitely our second child (third if you count my husband, lol).

The rest of our fur babies live with my mom. Even though they live there with her they were all "accumulated" (I hate using that word for animals, but I don't know what else to call it) either before I moved out or fed as strays by me and they stuck around.

This is Lady. She's 5 and is just learning what laps are for.

This is Doobie, who I got from the pound. He's such a ragdoll. I think he's much cuter when his hair is long because he's so poofy, but Mom likes him cut short.

This is Red. He was a stray who I kind of fed and he stuck around at my mom's house. Unfortunately he has heartworms :( and treatment is so expensive. At the moment he is fine, but we don't know how long he will live.

This is Annie. We found her in a tree in the backyard after a bad storm. I like to refer to her as Jabba the Hutt because she is so large and sits on her bum with her big belly hanging out.

This is Charlie. He came to greet me one morning and this is literally the best picture I've ever gotten of him. He likes to auto-pet the camera a little too much. He was diagnosed with feline leukemia recently and will have to be put down. It's sad because he was so full of life and now he's so lethargic.

And last and least furry is Pokey, our three toed box turtle. We've had him for 8 years now. He's fun for sure. I would strongly suggest against a pet turtle. They are more work than I ever imagined.

Also, sorry for the picture spam :oops:

Blueberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Blueberry »

My sweet babies:

This is Maximus

Shimi

almanac
Learner
Learner

Post by almanac »

my girl willow!! <3 <3 i got her 5 years ago, she's actually a retired seeing eye dog! fate brought us together. actually, she chased a cat and her old blind lady fell and then she got fired..but it brought her to my family. :) my parents and i literally REVOLVE around her, we are all OBSESSED.

she's so smart and so cute and so loving and i love her so much it's unbearable! i'm going away for college next fall and i'm going to die without her. :(

Blueberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Blueberry »

^^ She is beautiful

Goat
Informer
Informer

Furry Friends & Family Members (Pets)

Post by Goat »

Being an animal lover, my home tends to turn into a zoo sometimes. Currently my family has two dogs, a chow chow and a pug, who have been recently joined by a very sassy lovebird who belongs to me. Sadly our beloved dogs are getting old (much to my dismay) so I get extremely upset from time to time once I notice a new grey/white hair or a jump they cannot do physically do anymore. I may get around to posting a few pictures eventually.

In the past we've had two other dogs, a lhasa apso/poodle mix and an akita. Chinchillas, rabbits, hamsters, fish, and a stray cat were also the norm. For a short amount of time a newborn goat kid also took up residence with me when his mother abandoned him. In the past few months I've been discussing getting a few chicken hens with my father so we could have fresh eggs on hand (and maybe I just think chickens are adorable), my mother said they would need to be kept outside and outside only. So my father and I would need to build a chicken coop once Spring rolls around.

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Furry Friends & Family Members (Pets)

Post by Sonia »

There's a thread for this. http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=540 :D

I would love to have a chicken (or chickens) once I get a house. I buy cage free etc. eggs now but they're much more expensive, plus I would generally like to have my own food. I wouldn't mind having a goat either. :P

xxstrawberry
Debater
Debater

Post by xxstrawberry »

We have 5 cats right now. My mom and I are also animal lovers and especially love cats so we have a house full lol. All of our cats are rescues. We have two persians, a tortoise shell, and two brindles.

My dad and his wife started keeping a few hens about a year ago for their eggs and I think they taste much better than store bought eggs. Sadly some stray dog got into their coop one night a few months ago and killed them :( They're planning on starting over in the spring and buying some more chicks.

Goat
Informer
Informer

Post by Goat »

Sonia wrote:There's a thread for this. http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=540 :D
Oh darn! I searched the forum and this topic didn't come up. Thank you. c:

Jas
Learner
Learner

Post by Jas »

This might be a long post, sorry! I've got three rats, a dog and a hamster (but I'm including a picture of my old cat)

Socrates (I found her wrapped up in her towel because the house was cold)
Scabbers (cute when she sleeps)
Image Image
Splinter

Pepper

Gerard, the biggest lardo hamster ever.

And finally, Kodie

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I have 3 dogs (chihuahua, scottish terrier and lhasa apso) I'll post pictures later, before getting the scottish (I got him in september) I had two more dogs but they died the same week ): one from cancer and they other one had her womb removed but the operation went wrong, guess the doctors didn't have experience.

I also had a rat named Peter, she was my best friend but she died in May (she was 2 years old exactly), I miss her so much and I still cry, I really want to get another rat but my parents don't want to, she was adorable and so loving, she loved to cuddle with me.

inventive
Informer
Informer

Post by inventive »

Ahhhh, this is cuteness overload! :-D I want them all!

I had two canaries and one of them died a month ago. I miss her so much, she looked like tweety bird. She was tame too. I'm really worried about moving out again because I can't take my bird with me and it takes a day to travel :(

thelovelywar
Informer
Informer

Post by thelovelywar »

Mine are...kind of not ordinary to have in the city. They are the only ones we have after our cat george (an orange tabby) died just a few days after christmas under our tree and our english bulldog pig died january, i believe a few days before my birthday because she had all these probs. (she was actually old for a bulldog)

now all we have are these two ladies
(btw i hate android's instagram for the galaxy tab)

the one on the left/top is clucksy, she has such a personality...basically talks back to you if you make a bird sound. and the one on the right is henny. She lays the eggs and is so quite unless she is pissed...she is so small and clucksy is like a fat little thing, she basically makes henny move while eating so she can eat in her spot. if henny goes to a diff. spot she follows. they are friends though, so funny! :)
Image Image

Forever5stars
Talker
Talker

Post by Forever5stars »

I've had a lot of pets in my life. Dogs, guinea pigs, rabbits, horses (though the horses weren't technically mine. I loaned them). However due to moving a lot (my mom's from America and my dad's from England), I've always had to part with them. I had a wonderful dog last year named Stitch. He was a white Staffy x EBT. I absolutely loved him, but we unfortunately found out that my dad is allergic to most furry animals and we couldn't keep him anymore. I really miss him. I have pictures of all of my past pets, but they're on a different computer so here's one of Stitch:

This is Alice, my guinea pig. We've had her for about 3 years now. She's a giant brat and only behaves well if you have food, so I don't get on well with her xD
and Norbert the bearded dragon. We've had her (yes her) since the end of April. She really just enjoys eating and climbing all over everything.

Bee.*
Learner
Learner

Post by Bee.* »

Wow, I just read the two pages and thought "so cute" "so cute" ... on repeat!

I saw two Lily in this thread, I lost mine almost two years ago :( due to ovarian cancer. It broke my heart :(
I grew up with her. I was nine when we got her as a kitty. She couldn't meow properly, so she did a strange sound. It was too cute! She was an horrible hunter, it was way too funny.

Meet the lovely Choupette who as many surname as Choupetteke or Le lion.
She is one year old and a crazy hunter. She's really fast and catch everything! Her mommy is used to go after pigeons so I'm not surprised! She climbs in trees in my garden but her favourite place is still my radiator or my bed in the winter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,And live like it's heaven on earth.” - William W Purkey

SassyChance
Informer
Informer

Post by SassyChance »

Kleineganz wrote:Here are my "kids."

Joey and Lexi (age 2, they are brother & sister and litter mates)
Can I ask what breed are your dogs? My mutt-puppy looks similar to them but I haven't been able to figure out what she is.

On another note, this is by far my favorite thread on here! Everyone's babies are so beautiful. As for me, I've got 5 pups but over the years 4 pups (2 Pomeranians, 1 German Shepherd and 1 Bull mix) and 3 ferrets have passed away.

I have a Chow Chow; 9 y/o (who we found), a Yorkie; 7 y/o (who was given to us by a family friend that couldn't afford the puppies once they were born), my little Mutt; 1 y/o (who I adopted at a shelter), a Pomeranian; 9 months (I adopted from a lady I found online and she also couldn't afford him after he was born) and a Pit Bull; 8 months (my friend gave him to me as she was moving and couldn't bring him). Apparently I'm the one that takes in dogs but that's okay :) I wouldn't give any of them up.

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

-Mia (Chihuahua) :love2:

-Watson (Miniature Schnauzer) :love2:

chococaty
Talker
Talker

Post by chococaty »

I have 2 pets:
Benjamin (miniature dachshund):
Here he wrapped the blanket around him all by himself!
and
Pookie (Moggy):
Pookie is 10 and lucky to be alive, was so scary a few months ago...a neighbour poisoned rats and she caught one and got poisoned. She was sneezing blood, needed a blood transfusion and was on medication for over a month. But she's all better now :)

Return to “Pets”