shadowlurker
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

my cat passed away :(

Post by shadowlurker »

I'm sorry guys,

I just have to share with someone. My husband's out of town this weekend, and I can't reach any of my friends...

My mom just called me and told me that my beautiful 17 years old babygirl passed away. I've had her since I was 5 and she was like a little sister to me. I know she was old, but I still can't believe it. My mom said that on Wednesday she suddenly seemed utterly confused, peed on the bed and just slept for hours on end. My mom brought her to the vet on Thursday and from there she was rushed to the animal hospital. They said there was some water in her lungs and her heart was very weak, so they kept her overnight to observe and she quietly passed away in her sleep.

My mom lives in Europe, and I'm here in the US, and it kills me that I haven't had the chance to say goodbye to my beautiful kitty (her name was kitty.. I was very original when I was 5).

I wish I could have been there for you.. you were my best friend Image

Meowface
Talker
Talker

Re: my cat passed away :(

Post by Meowface »

I'm so sorry for your loss :( But know that she had your friendship and love for 17 years. She was very lucky.
I know its hard and it does get better. My dog had to be put down a long time ago now but I still think about her and love her..
<3

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

I'm sorry about your dog, hun. :(

I was really young when we got her, but I remember my brother brought her home for me when he found her at some dumpster in the city. My little girl :(

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

I'm so sorry :( cats are wonderful creatures.

xxstrawberry
Debater
Debater

Post by xxstrawberry »

I'm very sorry about your kitty. I know it's hard to be positive in a situation like this, but just try to remember that she lived a good, long life being loved by you and your family.

Meowface
Talker
Talker

Post by Meowface »

shadowlurker wrote:I'm sorry about your dog, hun. :(

I was really young when we got her, but I remember my brother brought her home for me when he found her at some dumpster in the city. My little girl :(
You and your brother sound so lovely and caring. Its horrible and the worst thing but I can say that my dog had a wonderful life and in time you will say the same.

shadowlurker
Informer
Informer

Post by shadowlurker »

Thanks for all the sweet thoughts, guys. I'm definitely a lot less emotional already, but the day my mom told me I just didn't even know what planet I was living on. Haha. As you said, I'm trying to just think about that she had an amazing life and never had anything to worry about. I talked to my mom today and she said our other cat, she's 9, has been really bummed out... I hope she'll feel better too. :( Sigh

Return to “Pets”