What age do you *personally* think is best to get married?

Doctor's Companion
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What age do you *personally* think is best to get marrie

Post by Doctor's Companion »

For me, I doubt I'd ever get married. It doesn't seem too appealing to me.

For everyone else, I don't think that there's a 'right age' (though obviously I'm confining this to legal adults - I don't support marriage for people <18). The 'right age' depends on the person, and as long as both parties consent and are of legal age, I see no problem with it.

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

I'm not sure I'd ever get married. I like my own space and don't like being with anyone 24/7. The right age for an individual depends on what they want in their life. If you want kids and want to be married before you have them then obviously you want to be married by your mid 30s. I know a few people who have never wanted kids and didn't marry until their 50s. They are all really happy and I think that's probably because you 100% know how you are and what you want by that age.

MissMadz
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MissMadz »

I would like to get married around 23-24 but no children till like 27, i want to be financially stable before i have kids. I thought about this before but thats my own opinon. My mom got married at 19, and still with my dad. Its whenevers right i guess.

Min
Informer
Informer

Post by Min »

When both people are mature to handle the responsibilities of marriage. I can think of plenty of people way past 30 or 40 who should never get married...

I actually got married when I was 22 though, pretty young I guess.

frigidbitch
Debater
Debater

Post by frigidbitch »

I married when I was 17. WAAAAYYY too young. I divorced when I was 34. I married again at 36. If I had to do it all over again... I would have waited till 30. I'm glad I waited as long as I did to have children (37)

Locket
Learner
Learner

Post by Locket »

I got married at the age of 18 because my boyfriend at the time was in the army. I personally think you shouldn't get married until AT LEAST your late twenties. My marriage was a total failure... and I know now that when you're young, you don't know what you want yet. You THINK you do. You THINK you'll be with this person forever. But more often than not, you're wrong. I know every 18 year old thinks they're really mature and wise already, but you just haven't had enough life experience or been with enough people to understand what's truly important in sharing a life with someone.

HOWEVER, I do know of girls who had a baby really young and got married for the sake of the child. That's really admirable and... by all means, a child's future is really really important.

There is NO REASON why you can't get just be engaged at 18 and decide to wait a few years for the wedding. No need to rush into it. That way, if you two are really meant for each other, then you'll still be together. If you're not meant for each other, then at least you didn't tie the knot!
:HK: :love2:

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Re: What age do you *personally* think is best to get married?

Post by Selia11 »

It’s when you met the *one*

Return to “Wedding and Marriage”