Bullshit you've been through with boys/ dating

BornThisWay94

Re: Bullshit you've been through with boys/ dating

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I'm in the same boat, I've had probably about 4 people (over the course of 2.5 years) basically tell me "I don't feel anything for you, sorry but I don't wanna date you" after pursuing me for months. Just recently in October, I was pursed for 2 months by someone I met online; we were attached at the hip, FaceTimed every day, talked on the phone every day, this girl was actually telling me things like "I'm soo lucky to have you, I already consider you to be my girlfriend, we just have to make it official soon. I can see myself being with you for a long time, you're everything I've ever wanted." I knew all her friends, they all knew me, her parents knew me, I felt like "This is it, I'm finally gonna get into a good relationship."

She lived an hour and a half from me and we finally met up and went on a date and it went horrible. I kept trying to engage in conversations and she just kept playing with her phone--she didn't act happy to see me, she never said things even like "It's so good to see you" she just seemed really uncomfortable. I definitely knew it wasn't gonna work when she wanted to end the date early and after I got home she shot me a text telling me the same shit I've heard time and time again--"I felt no chemistry between us, I don't want a relationship with you" I felt like a fucking idiot and I was so angry at myself for getting so involved in someone so fast. She later told me she liked the idea of me more than she actually liked me (if that makes sense).

I'm just so over dating, it's exhausting. I just want to find someone who actually likes ME and not just one sided, but it's proving to be impossible. I have a lot of friends who are either engaged, married or in longterm relationships and then there's just me...

Fitinthemaking
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Fitinthemaking »

Met a guy online, dated him for 1.5 years, he was charming at first even though he did things that should've been taken as a red flag (wanted to move to my city a week after meeting, wanted to marry fast, etc, things i ignored cause he was sweet) but slowly turned abusive and controling to the point of him getting jealous of my parents (i promise im not kidding) so I broke up with him, he threatened to leak some pictures i sent him (nothing with my face or nudes, don't do that) so I blocked him, fast forward to now, more than a year later, his new girlfriend somehow found me on facebook and contacted me, I'm not replying cause either a) it's him trying to contact me or b) she's doing it cause he's asking to.
Oh and yes, he meets all the traits of a sociopath.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by RoseHammer »

Recently broke up with a guy, and I'm so happy. Yeah it was hard but he was ultra clingy and didn't have many aspirations. He couldn't go for more than 5 hours without talking to me. He also sent me a text once saying:

"I've been noticing that you ghost me from 8-12 pm and 4-6 pm."

He also wanted to move into some shitty efficiency apartment. He was cool but he just suffocated me so badly I couldn't take it.

I think what also impacted my decision was that he knew I had a very stressful 2 weeks, and when he visited my house he kept pissing me off for his own entertainment. That I think was what determined my decision to dump his annoying ass.

diddilybop
Talker
Talker

Post by diddilybop »

oh man. this one dude that i dated on/off was the worst. we went to a halloween party together at this big and crowded club and at some point during the night, we lost each other. i kept calling and texting him but he didn't answer. i looked everywhere for him and even went into the men's bathroom to see if he had passed out or something. sometime later, i decided to leave check the parking lot to see if his car was still there, and low and behold, i saw that his car was GONE. in my head, i'm thinking, "did this jerk possibly leave with another girl and now, i'm stranded?" (this is before lyft and uber existed). and YUP, later that weekend, i found out that's exactly what he did. when i called him out on it, his "reasoning" was, "uhhh...well, we were fighting earlier that night and i figured that it'd be ok for me to do that".

we broke up for good several days later.

Return to “Dating”