Bullshit you've been through with boys/ dating

moonlightbae
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bullshit you've been through with boys/ dating

Post by moonlightbae »

@angelaj i'm really sorry that has happened to you. :( it does hurt! a lot! I think my advice to you would be to collect anything of yours, that you really need/want, from his place (if you have anything) wash them. Or bin them. Get rid of his scent. Throw out anything he has given such as flowers, a t shirt.. as you don't want to be reminded of him. Wash your sheets, buy a plant, adopt a cat or get hooked on a new t.v show. Throw yourself into work, school or even a new hobby, start running or going on a night out with friends. Spend more time with family, friends and keep distracted. Delete him off EVERYTHING, I mean everything!!! Facebook, Twitter Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp, his mobile number. It might be hard at first but then you won't get tempted to go check out his profile.. You could block him but at the same time but then he can't see how great your life is without him!

You'll meet someone who will give you everything you deserve! You just need to take that extra step :toad:

More than likely he'll message you a lot when he realizes you're cutting him from your life, most ex partners do.. Whether it's a week later or a year.. You'll get the 'i'm sooo sorry' 'I miss you, i'll always love you' blah blah blah but be strong! If he truly loved you, he'd only have eyes for you. You could always message family, friends or any of us to keep you distracted if he texts you. I hope you feel better soon :love2: :HK:
all hail Guru Gossip ^-^

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

I’ve never really spoken to anyone about this, as my friends really didn’t understand.

Basically throughout Year 11, I started speaking to this guy called Chris over msn(LOL) and facebook, he was two years above me and in the sixth form in the school I was at, I was generally a shy girl and so was he, but when we spoke on msn he was the most confident person in the world apparently and I really took a liking to him as he made me happy, and myself. I quickly fell for him, and after a while he would always ask me to do ‘stuff’ over webcam on msn, always would refuse and he’d be very persistent but somehow I’d always get out of it, he would never show his face over a webcam. We started to have really boring conversations which I would always have to start, about nothing and he would always guaranteeed to try and make me do stuff on webcam to him. Gross right? Although he said he really liked me, promised we’d meet over the summer, we never did. He barely spoke to me that summer (although I was quite happily sunning myself in Turkey for 3 weeks! ;))
When I went back to school that September I was in the sixth form, he was a year above me as he retook a year. So we were always together, common room, everything. Whey I thought. We’d get together, get over our shyness and finally be a couple. None of the sort. He would NOT speak to me in person. Quite happily with his friends though, always caught him staring at me though. I’d go home of a night and straight away he’d be pestering me on facebook and msn…urgh!! I finally had enough and started to ignore it and was actually enjoying my time at sixth form, where I’d met one of his exes and that’s pretty much when he stopped chatting to me overall, he got nasty about my past and one of my exes is his friends, and told him I was leading him on and yeah…not fun.. His ex and I became really chummy (still are) and I think about 2 months passed and we’d not spoken, I was kind of seeing another guy from another town and I was happy.
Chris popped up, saying how much he regretted not speaking to me, how much he wants us to get together ect.. Told him I was seeing someone else and he said we’d see how it went. Something happened with me and new guy unrelated to Chris and we weren't seeing each other any more and Chris found out, we spoke all night about how our lives have been and catching up, the conversation was actually going well. He didn't even perv over webcam! He promised we’d meet up for lunch the next day. Lunch came, and I got a text saying he couldn't meet up and my heart sank, too good to be true. I told Amy (his ex/my best friend) about it all, as I’d kept it all a secret and she told me about them and warned me about it and said steer clear, as she knew he was texting our friend, Bella. I couldn't though.
Christmas came, we had an annual boat party and everyone got drunk, Chris approached me, told me he was sorry for everything and that he really loved me.. On the way back from the boat party, somehow Amy had found out his Facebook password and we being silly drunk girls, went on his account and there it was, confirmed he was talking to all these girls, saying the same things to them that he’d said to me.. ‘I love you’ There was something about him I couldn't stay away from though..heartbroken. He’d always tell me he loved me and I fell for it. He eventually started going out with one of my friends, Kayley. I was kind of glad it was over for me and I’d deal with it and move on. They lasted about 8 months and during that time I’d well and truly gotten over it and realised what an idiot I was. We actually spoke every now and then and asked how I was. Just chit chat.
I left sixth form as I didn't actually like it all too much, and went into full time work and this was when him and Kayley had broken up. We met at a party later on, I didn't know he was going to be there, he was, and he approached me. Said he missed me, asked how I was. We chatted for so long, a proper chat, in person.. Not over a screen. It was weird, maybe the relationship gave him his long lost confidence. (By this point I was over my shyness, I’d lost some weight, generally happier at home etc) We danced, chatted more, I was having a great time. Although I wasn’t drunk, he convinced me to sleep with him, I did. Stayed at his, and never heard from him after that. He got what he wanted, and left. Although I didn’t regret it, I wished I wasn’t so naive about it all. I had enough, deleted his number, his facebook, and every memory and got on with it. I think him doing that made me realise the scumbag he was.
August came, and I met Simon, my current boyfriend (3 years strong now, woop!) And Chris magically appeared after not speaking to me once, kept on asking how I was, how my relationship was.. I told Simon all about him and what happened and obviously he didn’t like him. But over the space of 6 months he would randomly ask how my relationship was going, as if it was going to fail? Weird.. But haven’t actually really spoken to him since, he’s got a long term girlfriend now and might have grown up?

That’s my story of an idiot boy!!! :FU: Sorry it’s a little jumbled ha

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer

Post by logicalnonsense »

pyroblasted wrote:@angelaj i'm really sorry that has happened to you. :( it does hurt! a lot! I think my advice to you would be to collect anything of yours, that you really need/want, from his place (if you have anything) wash them. Or bin them. Get rid of his scent. Throw out anything he has given such as flowers, a t shirt.. as you don't want to be reminded of him. Wash your sheets, buy a plant, adopt a cat or get hooked on a new t.v show. Throw yourself into work, school or even a new hobby, start running or going on a night out with friends. Spend more time with family, friends and keep distracted. Delete him off EVERYTHING, I mean everything!!! Facebook, Twitter Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp, his mobile number. It might be hard at first but then you won't get tempted to go check out his profile.. You could block him but at the same time but then he can't see how great your life is without him!

You'll meet someone who will give you everything you deserve! You just need to take that extra step :toad:

More than likely he'll message you a lot when he realizes you're cutting him from your life, most ex partners do.. Whether it's a week later or a year.. You'll get the 'i'm sooo sorry' 'I miss you, i'll always love you' blah blah blah but be strong! If he truly loved you, he'd only have eyes for you. You could always message family, friends or any of us to keep you distracted if he texts you. I hope you feel better soon :love2: :HK:
I agree! I had to do this with my ex boyfriend and it's hard, but it works. We were on and off from 2011ish-2013 and it was one of the most draining relationships I had ever been in. He broke up with me the last time and I told him we were completely through and to not contact me again. Low and behold when I got with my boyfriend who I am with now he began messaging me and telling me he still loved me and crap. It was hard but I ignored all the messages he would send. He continues to message me occasionally, and I continue to ignore them, it's hard but he needed to learn that he can't just expect me to keep going back to him. I am also much happier now and have been with my boyfriend for a little over a year. While we're not always happy with each other about some things, we work through them instead of constantly fighting and breaking up. Good luck Angela! <3

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

Thank you guys so much for your responses. I really didn't think anybody would read my huge post. I've been marinating over everything and over how I feel and what I should do over this past week. At times I fell strongly that I will be able to cut him out of my life completely, but at other times the thought of that just makes me feel incredibly depressed. Clearly, I'm still in love with him so I may not be acting rationally. I think the biggest thing holding me back is that I'm not just losing a boyfriend, but I would also be losing my best friend. I just moved to this town not even a year ago and he's honestly my only real friend here. So I don't have that group of girlfriends to take my attention away from him.

Last night, I wasn't strong at all and started texting him. I was trying to tell him that I think I might have to leave him alone. He still wants to be friends, but I just told him that I can't handle that. It's just sad for me seeing him with another girl. Anyway, he convinced me to come hang out with him tonight, and we just pretty much talked about things and hung out. Then, he reached around me to give me a hug and all of a sudden just started crying! :o :( The manliest man who never shows emotion started crying because he was so upset. I'm not talking like a few tears coming from his eyes, but legit audible crying. I just could not believe it. He's never shown that kind of emotion the entire time we were together. He said it was because he was upset he was going to lose me, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just told me that and it has to do with more than that. He's going through a lot right now. So yeah, that pretty much broke my heart, and now I'm even more confused than ever. Ugh! :| I agree with you guys that it's probably best for me to cut off all contact with him, but i just don't think I'm ready for that yet. I'll probably end up having to learn the hard way, but for now I think I'm just going to take it day by day and see how I feel.

SoccerKat
Debater
Debater

Post by SoccerKat »

I've liked this guy for a while and I was super sure he liked me too. One night he and a bunch of my other friends came over to watch a movie and he was texting me the whole time, telling me really sweet things, like "I like your hair" "you have really nice eyes" "you are really pretty" and telling me how he wanted to give me a hug when he came over but he didn't because he got nervous. So the next day I decided to bite the bullet and tell him that I like him. Maybe I wasn't clear enough or something because his response was really just "too bad you're dad doesn't :/" and then didn't really say anything else, just changed the subject to college stuff. And ever since then he's barely talked to me. Ugh it makes me so mad and I don't know what to do. I don't want to text him because I don't want to appear desperate or anything, although I really just want answers. I was hoping we'd get to hang out over the next week since we're on spring break, but his family went on a cruise. -_- and every other time I'm around him, we're in groups with all our friends, so I can't really bring it up. It's all just so frustrating!

SoccerKat
Debater
Debater

Post by SoccerKat »

Ugh and yesterday I found out that he's apparently super into this other girl I know. This wouldn't be a big deal, except for the fact that he's a high school senior and she's a FRESHMAN! According to one of my guy friends, he's into her because she's innocent and sweet. Also he's had issues with drugs and alcohol and apparently slept around with a couple girls, all while claiming to be a good Christian guy. I just don't know about him anymore. This sucks. I feel led on... He kept flirting with me and I opened up and stepped out of my comfort zone to tell him I like him and now nothing. I feel so stupid. -_-

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

The other day my phone bill payment was delayed so my phone wasn't functional for like.. a day and a half? At the most? When I paid it and turned it back on I got like 10 messages, 2 missed calls and a voice message from this guy I've been talking to. He was freaking out thinking that I got into accident or whatever, and when I told him his reaction made me uncomfortable he continued to blow up my phone and get hysterical saying I should be grateful that he was so worried.

My phone was off for like a day

Bitch stfu you're not concerned you're clingy asf

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

This was awhile ago, back in 2013, but still to this day it kind of creeps me out :|

I was in one of my College classes and it was a small class. There was this guy in the class (Let's call him Larry for story sake) who I considered to be a nice guy; he was tall, dark hair, dark eyes, very enthusiastic and loved participating in class. I had barely spoken to him but one day I guess he took kind of an interest in me and sat down next to me in class one day. While we were taking notes, Larry casually slides his cell phone onto my desk and tells me to put my number in his contacts. I don't usually give my numbers to people I just met, but, he seemed really friendly so I just did it. Seconds later, he starts blowing up my phone with texts which at first were fairly innocent, but turned weird within minutes.

He started asking me what sexual things I had done, what I liked doing in bed, and if I had ever done anything with girls. I was a little shocked that someone I didn't even know was asking me such personal things, and I just answered back "Uhh...don't really feel comfortable answering those questions." He told me he was a virgin and never had any luck with girls and that I was really attractive and all this stuff. I was flattered, I mean, any girl likes being told she's pretty, but this guy was starting to weird me out. He then asks if he can kiss me after class, to which I reply "Wtf, I don't know you" and he would not leave me alone about it. He kept telling me "Oh it'll be quick, come on" and that he's never kissed a girl as pretty as me before and he wants more practice. He tells me his car has a really roomy backseat for us and how good he was with his hands.

After class was over, he walked me out and I told him I had to go to the bathroom when I really just ditched him and went down the back staircase out to the parking lot, crossed the parking lot to the other side of the college, JUST TO ESCAPE HIM. It didn't end there, though! He texted me pictures of his penis all the time asking me what I thought of it and he wanted pictures back. I never once asked for pictures, nor did I want them, and even when I asked him to stop he wouldn't. Finally, after about a week of him doing all this, I went to one of my professors and told her that Larry had been harassing me and I think he got into quite a bit of trouble, lol...ugh, he was so creepy! It's been nearly 2 years and I'm still creeped out by Larry!

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

So I have been having a "friends-with-benefits" sort of thing with this guy I know, though eventually it turned into semi-legitimate dates.. we both admitted that we liked each other, though he was pretty staunch about not wanting to date anyone. Alright, fine, I really have no business getting into another relationship anyway.

But as usual, over time I started really liking him, and that became a problem. The other day I texted him and basically said "Hey, I enjoy our time together but I can't do this anymore. I don't want to develop feelings, and I want more than a fwb situation. I'd rather just stop altogether instead of going on and letting things boil over." ( I'm pretty blunt with my feelings as you can tell )

.... and from that point on, he just stopped replying. Just disappeared, not giving me any kind of legitimate answer, reply, agreement, nothing. I mean this is kind of what I wanted, but I wish there was at least a proper goodbye. But I figure that if he's going to react that way by just running away from the issue and not discuss things like an adult ( he's like 13 years older than me ) then fuck his immaturity. I thought better of him too. He surely should have known this might happen.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

Ugh, RoseHammer, what a horrible way for things to end. Sounds like you're better off without him though.

I haven't suffered much at the hands of my boyfriend (thank god), but I have gotten some bullshit from guys. One of the most baffling events was a few years ago at a house party when I was talking to this guy I went to school with. I'd known who he was for years and never found him attractive in the slightest, and we were just having a normal, non-flirty friendly conversation. Then, all of a sudden, he started to list reasons why he wouldn't date/have sex with me. He commented on my body type, my boobs, my butt... meanwhile I was just sitting there like :huh?:

I did not express any interest and I just stared at him for a while, then got up and left him alone. It amazes me how oblivious, entitled and self-absorbed some guys are. This guy was just unreal.
Also, in all humility, I'm so far out of his league.

amaryllisx
Stalker
Stalker

Post by amaryllisx »

Urgh I've been having issues with my boyfriend recently because after a year and a half together all of a sudden he wants space to do his 'own thing'. Bearing in mind we live in the same house and all :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I used to text this guy who was in the year above me at school a lot (uhhh.. this was back in 2009 when I was 15 I think). He seemed normal at first until he starting sending me photos of himself wearing his mother's underwear. He turned out to be really weird in many other ways that I don't want to get into(basically, weird sexual fantasies). I feel embarrassed thinking about it already. I extremely regret getting involved with him. Luckily nothing happened other than texting. The thing is, he was really popular at school and good-looking, so he had girl's falling over his feet all the time... if only they knew.

Oh, God... I'm so embarrassed now. Memories... :rofl: :o :?

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

ilovepuggles wrote:I used to text this guy who was in the year above me at school a lot (uhhh.. this was back in 2009 when I was 15 I think). He seemed normal at first until he starting sending me photos of himself wearing his mother's underwear. He turned out to be really weird in many other ways that I don't want to get into(basically, weird sexual fantasies). I feel embarrassed thinking about it already. I extremely regret getting involved with him. Luckily nothing happened other than texting. The thing is, he was really popular at school and good-looking, so he had girl's falling over his feet all the time... if only they knew.

Oh, God... I'm so embarrassed now. Memories... :rofl: :o :?
can't help but be curious about what other kind of weird stuff he was into. Lol I once had a guy who was into some really weird stuff to. Luckily we never made it past the friend zone so I never had to experience any of it. Just heard lots of bizarre stories. Lol

gr4pefruits
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by gr4pefruits »

I've been thinking a lot about my ex and how messed up I've become in terms of dating, due to the way he treated me. For example, if I can see that I've annoyed someone for even a second, insignificant enough that it doesn't matter to them once the conversation is over, I have panic attacks over it and I let it weigh down on me for aaages; pretty much until the next time I see them and can properly apologize. Seems like nothing, when I type it out, but it's due to years of walking on egg shells around my ex, worrying and freaking myself out over every little thing. He used to get very angry, very quickly, and would not hesitate to talk down to me in public, where people could see/hear, etc. I'm a private, introverted person to begin with, so when he yelled at me in public, I would either shut down completely or cry like an idiot, because it was too much to handle.

I remember one time we were eating at this Chinese restaurant near my house, and I ordered wonton soup, whereas he wanted congee, and because the portions were so large, we used to share our dishes (as you usually do in Chinese restaurants). I ordered wonton soup without really asking what he wanted, for the first time ever, and he retaliated by spilling the soup all over me when he was dishing it out. Our server came rushing over with a bunch of napkins, and everyone in the restaurant was staring at us, and then my ex said something to the effect of, "I'm not paying for that shit," loud enough that everyone heard. It was so fucking embarrassing. He ended up apologizing later, but only because the soup burned me a little. I remember my thighs were raw for a couple days after. Such a stupid thing to get mad over, but that's him.

The only good thing I got out of that relationship was the ability to sympathize for men and women in the same or a similar predicament. I used to think people in emotionally abusive relationships were just weak and had zero self-esteem, but it's so much more than that, and I'm glad I understand the intricacies of it. I'm pretty good at picking up on it now, when I'm around couples and stuff. The signs are glaringly obvious.

Chlo14
Learner
Learner

Post by Chlo14 »

So I got dumped two days ago. We've been together for four years and I am in love with this guy. We talked about moving in together, marriage, babies and then he told me he can't do it anymore. He's done that before when he was stressed and then days later would regret it and beg for me back- I stupidly took him. This time i had to tell him i couldn't do it again, its not fair on me, i don't deserve it and out of self-respect i have to stick by that. I have an overwhelming urge to contact him tonight though.

He's two years older, he is in his second year of uni an hour away from home. We haven't seen each other for 8 weeks now because of exam terms and thing. Its so weird, you make all these plans and your life begins to shape around this person and then they leave and you're left hanging on your own with all these dreams and plans just ripped away.

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

The first guy I dated when I was 18, for about 8-9 months ruined my whole perception on dating altogether, I was single before & as I said this was the first guy so I was blindly in love, the first 2 months were good but after that he treated me like absolute shit, manipulated me, he used to lie, give his friends the phone when I called, used to question my whereabouts where as he was the one out & about w/ girls, called me at odd hours & demanded to talk to my mom or sis to make sure am home, he used to prefer to play games on his computer than hang out w/ me, he used to drink, smoke, do drugs, cheated on me, took money from me, he molested a girl in a public restroom & got beat up by the cops. And mind you I didn't know about his habits as he portrayed & painted himself to be the trusty guy & when I confronted him he used to blame me & expect me to feel like the crazy one, he was sadistic, he used to LOVE it when I was sad, hurt & crying. It was the worst time of my life. The last straw was the new years party when he was still dating me but bought this girl who drove his car, got groceries, cooked for his parents, stayed w/ him & whatnot. :? I left his sleazy ass & the new year's party & never talked to him again in life. 5 years later he messaged me and called me about 7 times expecting me to be friends again. :FU:

After this I met another guy who was idk how to say it but he was very verbally crude and slightly rude but good at heart, he treated me like one of his guy friends? Weird. But treated me very well, even threw me a birthday party, took me out to parties, dinners etc. He came across as a bit uneducated & insecure. But I dumped him thinking he was like my first but he wasn't. He was super nice and tried pursing me but I ignored, I regret it so bad. :(

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this or anything but it's about relationships so here goes..I've recently broken up with my boyfriend of a year, but it wasn't like a "real" relationship. Meaning, we were best friends before we got together, and our relationship never really went further than just a peck on the lips. We never held hands or anything like that. I had decided that I wanted something more, like a relationship with more substance and after everyone telling me to just do it, I broke up with him. It was more of a mutual thing, because he felt as if we were better off as friends, and that being in a relationship made us uncomfortable around each other. Well anyways, I've been talking to a guy that I used to work with and liked back then, and he wants to take me on a date next weekend. I want to go because I've never been on a real date before, like he's planning on dinner and then hanging out by this lake. But at the same time I'm also really nervous about what people will think about me going on a date so soon, and I'm nervous about the date in general. My family and my best girl friend know that I'm going and they want me to be happy because they saw how unhappy I was before in my last relationship. I guess I'm just nervous that people might think I'm a whore or something haha

moonlightbae
Informer
Informer

Post by moonlightbae »

^ why is it anyone's business? I say go for it and good luck
all hail Guru Gossip ^-^

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer

moonlightbae wrote:^ why is it anyone's business? I say go for it and good luck
Thank you! I'm not as nervous about people's opinions now, just when I was first thinking about it haha

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

i know this thread is fairly dead as of last month but i've talking talking to this guy for awhile and im a tad annoyed :scratch:

he's "internet-famous" (i hate that term lol) and has a lot of fangirls. I'm 17 and since he's a bit older than 18, he said we should keep it on the down-low until my birthday since he knows his "fans" will go batshit crazy and i understand that 100%. we haven't been talking for that long yet and i wanna make sure that im ready for girls to not like me.

the issue is that when he tweets something sweet/"cute"/lovey-dovey that could be taken as an indirect to a girl, all of his fans @ his ex in the tweet or respond to it with her name and it bothers me that people will still bring her up even after like 2+ years. i want to tell everyone so i won't have to deal with seeing her name everywhere ESPECIALLY connected to him

i know this isn't relatable at all, i just wanted to let it all out to someone/somewhere who doesnt know my identity haha ;)

Return to “Dating”