Bullshit you've been through with boys/ dating

Burn Book
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bullshit you've been through with boys/ dating

Post by Burn Book »

Back in High School there was this one boy (let's call him Z) that really started to like me and he was my first kiss actually (which was an accident). We would always hang out with the same group at school which were all guys and one other girl. We had agreed to go to prom together (he was invited by me because he wasn't a Junior or Senior). The night that Z asked me out was the night that my grandmother had passed away. I rejected Z because I thought that he was too young for me, I was grieving inside, I don't think my mom approved of it and there were rumors going around like wildfire at school and I wanted them to stop.
There was this girl (let's call her X) who was in my band class and X obviously did not like the friendship that I had with him. At first I had always thought that X was a sweet person and just a nice classmate, but BOY was I WRONG. X turned out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.
I was so dumbfounded when Z and X started dating and held hands in the hallways. Z started to change slowly overtime after that and his attitude was different around all of us especially around me. He became a cocky asshole around others. I guess the only thing that I was happy about during the time was that the rumors at school had shifted and the spotlight was no longer on me, but on Z and X.
Well, anyways fast forward few weeks before prom, I became really depressed and just lost it. I had all of these feelings bundled up inside me and they just exploded one day after school. I was feeling suicidal so I took 6 tylenols (the strong kind) and texted my bisexual friend (let's call him J) on why I was feeling down. It wasn't because I didn't like Z and X's relationship, but rather I was hurt at the time and that finding out Z betrayed me was the last thing I needed in my life. The last time me and Z had a real talk (he wasn't a jerk) he told me that X was a real psycho and she DID not like him mentioning my name around him. I think X would scream at him every time he did mention my name around her.
Z did come to J's house (where I was the day I had taken the tylenols) and it was surprising to me that he still had some feelings about me, but I was still beyond hurt. I was laying on the sofa crying for hours. Our friendship was falling apart.
I decided to go with J to prom because he told me that his date didn't want to go or something (can't remember why, but she did in fact go in the end with some other guy). Deep down, I didn't want to go to the prom with J, but I didn't want to piss off X. Then the fighting between me and Z began. When it happened, it had happened over text. He started texting me hurtful things and even called me a manipulate bitch when I was out with family. I had to hold in my tears, but I did show my sister. I turned the phone off.
By the time prom did come around, we had all made up (well so I thought) and it was a drama free event until the Walk-in. After me and J walked the small red carpet made out of paper and everyone had taken pictures and was starting to head in the school, rumors started happening again. This time it was about how I apparently left Z last second, which really pissed me off and I wanted to find out who started it. I was a ticking bomb.
While walking around, J pointed out and said, "Hey there's Z! maybe you should confront him." I had went up to Z and screamed something along the lines of "WERE YOU THE ONE WHO STARTED IT? HUH?!" then I managed to slap him and was going to fight him right there in his rented tux. His eyes were scared after that. J pulled me away and we went far away to sit on some stairs. I was upset that I wanted to go home after that, but J and his mom managed to talk me out of it and so after I cooled off and we went in the building.
It was a pretty fun prom. X was dancing in the middle with her group that was mostly girls. Of course she was still jealous and made her move to go dance with Z when she could. But, I didn't give a fuck because me and my friends danced in a friend circle, I had twerked and danced the night away with friends.
After I graduated from school, me and Z never talked again until he broke up with X. Everyone went their separate ways, but one night he had messaged me over Facebook. We became friends again and then around my birthday back in January he started dating another girl and he would put her first. He was invited to my birthday, but rejected. I had realized that I gave Z way too many chances and had cut all ties with him. To be honest, I really did like his family and his dogs. His mom on the other hand, I didn't think she ever liked me since she was gone for several months and came back when the prom drama was happening. So of course during that time, she thought that X was like another daughter to her, but it was whatever.
To this day, I have not spoken and will not ever speak to Z (it was hard to let him go but he was a toxic person). I had let go of it all. To this day, I still don't know who started the rumors. I had thought that it could of been X, but I believe whoever did it got what was coming to them.
Recently weeks ago my sister was invited to a bonfire and it turned out that it was at Z's new house (he had moved and she had no idea until she saw the dogs and stuff). Apparently he's with a new girl (yet again) and he got so drunk that he puked from what my sister told me. Plus on all top of that, my sister said he was an asshole to her friend and bragged about how he was going into the Marines.
Anyways, my lesson was learned here and that is to be careful about who you let into your heart.
Image Signature GIF by Nailpolishjunky

Burn Book
Talker
Talker

Post by Burn Book »

Back in High School, there was this one boy (let's call him Z) that really started to like me and he was my first kiss actually (which was an accident). We would always hang out with the same group at school which were all guys and one other girl. We had agreed to go to prom together (he was invited by me because he wasn't a Junior or Senior). The night that Z asked me out was the night that my grandmother had passed away. I rejected Z because I thought that he was too young for me, I was grieving inside, I don't think my mom approved of it and there were rumors going around like wildfire at school and I wanted them to stop.
There was this girl (let's call her X) who was in my band class and X obviously did not like the friendship that I had with him. At first I had always thought that X was a sweet person and just a nice classmate, but BOY was I WRONG. X turned out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.
I was so dumbfounded when Z and X started dating and held hands in the hallways. Z started to change slowly overtime after that and his attitude was different around all of us especially around me. He became a cocky asshole around others. I guess the only thing that I was happy about during the time was that the rumors at school had shifted and the spotlight was no longer on me, but on Z and X.
Well, anyways fast forward few weeks before prom, I became really depressed and just lost it. I had all of these feelings bundled up inside me and they just exploded one day after school. I was feeling suicidal so I took 6 tylenols (the strong kind) and texted my bisexual friend (let's call him J) on why I was feeling down. It wasn't because I didn't like Z and X's relationship, but rather I was hurt at the time and that finding out Z betrayed me was the last thing I needed in my life. The last time me and Z had a real talk (he wasn't a jerk) he told me that X was a real psycho and she DID not like him mentioning my name around him. I think X would scream at him every time he did mention my name around her.
That night, Z did come to J's house (where I was the day I had taken the tylenols) and it was surprising to me that he still had some feelings about me, but I was still beyond hurt. I was laying on the sofa crying for hours. Our friendship was falling apart. I was miserable.
So I decided to go with J to prom because he told me that his date didn't want to go or something (can't remember why, but she did in fact go in the end with some other guy). Deep down, I didn't want to go to the prom with J, but I didn't want to piss off X.
Soon the fighting between me and Z began. When it happened, it had happened over text. He started texting me hurtful things and even called me a manipulate bitch when I was out with family. I had to hold in my tears, but I did show my sister. I turned the phone off.
By the time prom did come around, we had all made up (well so I thought) and it was a drama free event until the Walk-in. After me and J walked the small red carpet made out of paper and everyone had taken pictures and was starting to head in the school, rumors started happening again. This time it was about how I apparently left Z last second, which really pissed me off and I wanted to find out who started it. I was a ticking bomb.
While walking around, J pointed out and said, "Hey there's Z! maybe you should confront him." I had went up to Z and screamed something along the lines of "WERE YOU THE ONE WHO STARTED IT? HUH?!" then I managed to slap him and was going to fight him right there in his rented tux. His eyes were scared after that. J pulled me away and we went far away to sit on some stairs. I was upset that I wanted to go home after that, but J and his mom managed to talk me out of it and so after I cooled off and we went in the building.
It was a pretty fun prom. X was dancing in the middle with her group that was mostly girls. Of course she was still jealous and made her move to go dance with Z when she could but I didn't give a fuck at the time because me and my friends danced in a friend circle and I also danced the night away in front of them all.
After I graduated from High School, me and Z never talked again until he broke up with X. Everyone went their separate ways, but one night he had messaged me over Facebook. We became friends again and then around my birthday back in January he started dating another girl and he would put her first. He was invited to my birthday, but rejected. I had realized that I gave Z way too many chances and had cut all ties with him. To be honest, I really did like his family and his dogs. His mom on the other hand, I don't think she ever liked me since she was gone for several months and came back when the prom drama was happening. So of course during that time, she thought that X was like another daughter to her, but it was whatever.
To this day, I have not spoken and will not ever speak to Z (it was hard to let him go but he was a toxic person). Also, I still don't know who started the rumors. I had thought that it could of been X, but I believe whoever did it got what was coming to them in the end.
Recently weeks ago my sister was invited to a bonfire and it turned out that it was at Z's new house (he had moved and she had no idea until she saw the dogs and stuff). Apparently he's with a new girl (again) and he got so drunk that he puked from what my sister told me. Plus on all top of that, my sister said he was an asshole to her friend and bragged about how he was going into the Marines. I also found out that my friends from High School don't even talk to him anymore, because he did something to hurt them and other people.
Anyways, my lesson was learned here and that is to be careful about who you let into your heart.
Image Signature GIF by Nailpolishjunky

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

I’m not going to get much into it, as I finally let go of ***most*** my bitterness from a very toxic relationship from THE X (and reopening old wound/scars will just put me back into it) but I will just say one f’ed up thing he did to me, that turned around to bite him in the ass.

He “convinced me” I was crazy/delusional/etc. so I started seeing a bunch of therapists (behind his back) and that’s actually what convinced me to leave him when I realized our relationship wasn’t healthy. He was my first serious long-term relationship and I had very limited contact with boys in my teenagers due to a slight phobia of them so I had no idea what wasn’t normal and what was (++ he was a lot older than me, and kind of preyed on me when I was in my “rebellious” finally over 18- can do what I want now stage).

I kind of learned later that I was in love with “idea of a guy” more than the actual guy and although he did a lot of messed up stuff to me, I wasn’t completely innocent as I learned how to give low blows (mainly to his “ego”) and didn’t really have a realistic outlook on relationships.

That being said girls (that I was just friends with) have done messed up stuff to me too, so I’ve never been able to let my guard down again, and don’t think I will ever “fully trust” anyone ever again, or make myself vulnerable because there are people who will exploit your weaknesses to the fullest. That being said, I know I have missed out on some things/people because of it, there are a lot of things I wish I could do over.

Let’s be honest, most guys will take advantage if you let them, and the only reason marriages lasted “until death” was because it was socially unacceptable/economically unfeasible to leave. I’ve learned I’d rather be alone than with the wrong one i.e makes me miserable or doesn't treat me right. If I find someone I can trust somewhat (has integrity..etc) and believe would help me raise “well-adjusted” kids, I will marry…if not me and my friend have agreed to travel the world together (as two lonely single girls), lol.

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream »

My boyfriend of 11 months broke up with me today.
He got mad at me for not speaking to him first today (lol, his way of starting a fight to bring up other shit) and then proceeded to bitch at me saying our relationship wasn't going anywhere and basically lots of bullshit. and then at the end of our fight he mentioned that he had started seeing someone else and that he could do way better than me and that's what he did, and she was better than me in every way. He called me ugly and then said "Good luck in life, you'll need it." Needless to say I don't know what the fuck happened, this was out of the blue and I'm completely hurt, not even about the breaking up but what someone I thought loved me said to me. I am seriously mentally fucked up, I deal with lots of self esteem issues and I'm sitting here having a melt down. And what worries me more is that he has "pictures" of me. I'm freaking out.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

CoastinOnADream wrote:My boyfriend of 11 months broke up with me today.
He got mad at me for not speaking to him first today (lol, his way of starting a fight to bring up other shit) and then proceeded to bitch at me saying our relationship wasn't going anywhere and basically lots of bullshit. and then at the end of our fight he mentioned that he had started seeing someone else and that he could do way better than me and that's what he did, and she was better than me in every way. He called me ugly and then said "Good luck in life, you'll need it." Needless to say I don't know what the fuck happened, this was out of the blue and I'm completely hurt, not even about the breaking up but what someone I thought loved me said to me. I am seriously mentally fucked up, I deal with lots of self esteem issues and I'm sitting here having a melt down. And what worries me more is that he has "pictures" of me. I'm freaking out.
...Well you yourself can also do WAAY better (from what the guy sounds like), but you can do also worse....It depends on what you think is better or worse though. Honestly it sounds like the typical boy, who can't admit fault and finds a way to turn the blame around on you, because he is a PUSSY, who waited until he found someone else before he dumped you. He sounds like a coward, and someone you should be glad to get rid of.. I mean he CHOSE YOU, so he really is insulting himself as well, and if he could do better, why was he with you to begin with?

And about the pictures thing....sure he might show it to his friends (in fact he sounds like the type of guy to)but he can't put in online, as I think there are laws regarding that (even if you aren't a minor). Just take this as a lesson learned that sometimes you date someone, and you find out they are a horrible person/not the person you thought they were.

Don't take his words to heart, as they are just a projection of his insecurities. And if he comes crawling back, I hope you know your self-worth and value yourself enough to you are the one THAT CAN DOO WAAAY BETTER, and deserves better than a guy who doesn't treat you with respect or tries to hurt u. He sounds like a horrible human being and honestly all I can think is GOOD RIDDANCE. I know you prob have feelings for him, but just remember you will be okay sooner or later, and you shouldn't value someone with an opinion like that. Hope you feel better soon, and meet someone who GIVES AND DESERVES your respect. <3

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream »

smars27 wrote:
...Well you yourself can also do WAAY better (from what the guy sounds like), but you can do also worse....It depends on what you think is better or worse though. Honestly it sounds like the typical boy, who can't admit fault and finds a way to turn the blame around on you, because he is a PUSSY, who waited until he found someone else before he dumped you. He sounds like a coward, and someone you should be glad to get rid of.. I mean he CHOSE YOU, so he really is insulting himself as well, and if he could do better, why was he with you to begin with?

And about the pictures thing....sure he might show it to his friends (in fact he sounds like the type of guy to)but he can't put in online, as I think there are laws regarding that (even if you aren't a minor). Just take this as a lesson learned that sometimes you date someone, and you find out they are a horrible person/not the person you thought they were.

Don't take his words to heart, as they are just a projection of his insecurities. And if he comes crawling back, I hope you know your self-worth and value yourself enough to you are the one THAT CAN DOO WAAAY BETTER, and deserves better than a guy who doesn't treat you with respect or tries to hurt u. He sounds like a horrible human being and honestly all I can think is GOOD RIDDANCE. I know you prob have feelings for him, but just remember you will be okay sooner or later, and you shouldn't value someone with an opinion like that. Hope you feel better soon, and meet someone who GIVES AND DESERVES your respect. <3

Thank you so so so much. I have been crying for the past 3 hours lol. I needed those words. :) <3

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

That scumbag. :x I hope you're feeling better, out of this terrible situation be happy you found out sooner than later.
I went thru something similar, my bf of 9 months broke up with me by mentally harassing me. He used to ignore my calls, texts & try to hide things. He broke up with me out of the blue by starting a fight on the pretext of me not "spending time" with his family whilst he was away in another city, "studying" (translation: fucking other girls) I was like WTF, do you spend time with my family? He had no answer. He was shamelessly cheating on me by living with this girl near his Uni and later in his parents house since the day he fought with me. The underlying reason was that he wanted someone to take care of his parents, not that they were 90 years old but they both worked 2 jobs each so he wanted a housemaid who'd cook, clean, buy groceries, take care of the house for them basically. Surprising part is that he cheated on her multiple times but they're still together and he messages me often from different no.'s expecting a reply. That psycho. :?

Message him saying that he's a cheater and tell his new girlfriend everything. Cheaters are seldom faithful.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I just had to share this and hopefully get some advice. It's long, but I'll try to make it as short as I can.

Being a young gay woman I find it harder to meet potential partners, so back in January of this year I joined OkCupid after being pressured by friends of mine for months to make one. My first few days and I didn't find anyone whom I found interesting, and I thought the website was a waste of time until one day I was browsing through my matches and saw a girl named Jenna* (Name has been changed). The moment I saw Jenna I was instantly attracted to her; she was tan, full lips, perfect straight white teeth, big hazel eyes and long dark hair. She loved traveling and was a photographer and animal lover, so I had to talk to her.

We start talking and eventually we take it to text and soon enough we're meeting in person for the first time. She was a total pot head which didn't bother me and our first date was cute and god was I attracted to her. After our first date, when she kissed me goodbye, I was hooked right then and there and we kept seeing each other every week for months. She really liked me, she was everything I could ever ask for in a partner--romantic, sweet, spontaneous and always made me feel safe and protected, which I had never had with anyone before. I could feel myself falling for her, and I thought she felt the same way because of the way she expressed her feelings for me and told me how much I meant to her, how afraid she was of losing me, how we'd get married one day and travel the world...I really thought I had found my perfect match.

It all ended in late July. One day out of the blue she stopped answering my texts and proceeded to block me on every social media platform I could find her on; Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and yes, even back on OkCupid where we first met. Blocked my phone number too and refused to tell me why. I was really broken for over a month because I honestly did love her, and though I've gotten over it now for the most part and am starting to see other people, a part of me still hurts for her...a part of me still wants her and dreams of her coming back. I've had dreams of her showing up to my house, my work, etc telling me she was sorry and loved me. It's like no one compares to her, and I find myself looking for her in everyone I meet. I want to be completely over her, but god I really did love her. It's like she's a ghost haunting me.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

BornThisWay94 wrote:I've had dreams of her showing up to my house, my work, etc telling me she was sorry and loved me. It's like no one compares to her, and I find myself looking for her in everyone I meet. I want to be completely over her, but god I really did love her. It's like she's a ghost haunting me.
I had similar events happen for me recently.. I had a dream where a guy who lead me on actually apologized; which is really all I wanted from him for being such an ass. However I know in my heart that no matter what I do or what gestures I make, he probably won't ever say sorry until he gets over his ego. It's so annoying to have things end on kind of an open end with no real closure.

And whenever I see someone who looks similar to my first love my heart always flutters a little as well. The tunnel vision you get from falling in love sucks because it feels like that person was some kind of rare unicorn, when in reality there are plenty of unicorns out there. <3

vikez
Learner
Learner

Post by vikez »

My boyfriend told me that he was lying me about his histiry with his ex. He does not lie in our current realtionship but I felt hurt because I love him like no guy before and to lie to him is somethig unimaginable and he does that.

PassionPeaches
Talker
Talker

Post by PassionPeaches »

My junior year of high school I was dating this guy that I really liked, possibly even loved. In the beginning, he shared the same feelings but as our relationship went on I could tell I liked him a lot more than he liked me. He strung me along for sure. There was this one girl that he knew that was a family friend and also went to church with his family. She really liked him even before we started dating. She was obsessed with him, I'm not even kidding. She would send him nudes and all this other shit. She really crossed the line a few times. They did talk quite a bit and that bothered me. This was also when you could see snapchat best friends and she was always his #1 best friend even though we snap chatted a lot. That bothered me as well. He always said that she was gross and that he would never in his life do anything with her. He AND his family (especially his sister) had me convinced that I was being crazy and just being overly jealous. He made me look like a crazy girlfriend. I always thought that something was going on but he swore up and down that nothing was ever going to happen. Long story short, after him and I broke up, I found out that they started hooking up. Keep in mind he broke up with me. So all that convincing me that I was crazy and jealous, was actually for good reason. LOL, I was pissed at first but looking back at it, it's kinda funny. But it's also still bullshit that I was made to look crazy when what I was "jealous" about was actually true. Guys are so annoying, especially at that age. :roll: :roll:

G_carlesimo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by G_carlesimo »

wanderer wrote:Have any of you had experiences with dating anxiety?
I remember briefly dating a guy that made me really nervous for some reason and every time he would text me or we would go on a date I would throw up LOL
Please tell me I'm not the only one, but thank GOD i was able to play it off as being sick, but it was so embarrassing and it makes me cringe so bad when I think about it.
I have horrible relationship anxiety. Like I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months and I still worry he is going to one day just decide he doesnt love me anymore. Its horrible. I've never gotten sick over it, but I have lost a lot of sleep and I sometimes can't eat. Best advice I can give is to just breathe, and talk yourself out of your emotional state of mind and think rationally. Going on dates is so much fun! Just be yourself and I promise it will be fine :) And if it doesn't work out, you just have to remember it wasn't meant to be.

Stacie Anne
Debater
Debater

Post by Stacie Anne »

My current on again off again type lad is being a total wiener.
We have a child together and while he does visit regularly, he only ever stays for a couple hours at most. Signed him up for swimming lessons but NEVER takes him in the pool - I have every time. Never looks after him for a full day/overnight so I can have a day to myself or, y'know, work.
He's just proving how useless he is and I'm about ready to smack him.

Also, boys are trash. Super trash. Trash mountains.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

I was dating a man for around six months, which ended somewhat recently. We weren't exclusive at any point during our dating, but I still had to draw the line when he started browsing Tinder while I was in bed with him post-sex :roll:

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Post by sunflowerskies »

So I joined Bumble and was talking to this really nice guy, anyways we match up and I thought it was going to be a great first date... right? Anyways we get to the date destination, it is a museum of sorts, the dude catfished me with his height. I'm somewhat average height and not predjudice if you are an inch or so shorter than me but his photos looked like he was actually tall! (He was like 4 feet tall! I'm taken aback by the lack of information he forgot to tell me, and I'm trying to get through this "date" as fast as possible, but even before that the guy had an attitude and an air of douchery (am I allowed to say that?) and I just felt completely awkward throughout the whole thing! So after I finally get out of that situation and start the walk home, I get a text from him saying " you know maybe this date wouldn't have been such a waste of time if you actually talked and looked at me more.." something along the lines of that because I can't remember everything off the top of my head because he sent me a long text and this was a month or so ago, and I never had the outlet where I could type this all out. I promptly blocked him, deleted his texts, and it was such an awkward experience that I deleted bumble for a good while to take a break and only just recently redownloaded the app. The one thing I found a little funny looking back on it is he was concerned about the fact that he was a couple years older than me but not that he forgot to disclose the height difference! Anyways, back to swiping and I know now to be a little more careful and just incase if it comes to it don't forget to ask because literally looking down to make eye contact when you are 5'5 and not at all a tall person gets awkward and not fun if thats not who your type is.
☕️

molo
Talker
Talker

Post by molo »

Pastel Rage wrote:I was dating a man for around six months, which ended somewhat recently. We weren't exclusive at any point during our dating, but I still had to draw the line when he started browsing Tinder while I was in bed with him post-sex :roll:
:o what the actual fuck.....
:FU:

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

About a month ago I got out of an emotionally abusive relationship that lasted around 9 months. Strangest part of it all? We never even officially dated.

We met on Tinder and clicked right away, she lived about 3 hours from me but that didn't stop us from exchanging numbers and forming a quick friendship. In the beginning, everything was good--great, even, and I loved talking to her because it was like I had known her forever, we had a really good bond. When feelings started developing between us is when the trouble started, she would constantly flip flop between wanting to date me and being in a serious relationship with me to telling me she wasn't ready. However, even though she wasn't ready to date me, I wasn't allowed to see anyone but her.

She had mad jealousy problems and would get really angry when I'd go out with friends, especially girl friends. She constantly accused me of cheating on her, even though we weren't even dating, and I'd check my phone after a night out to find long, novel style texts from her telling me how I was a piece of shit, how she didn't trust me, how she hated me going out drinking and how she wanted nothing to do with me. Freaking out, and being manipulated, I would apologize for my behavior and beg her not to leave me because, at the time, I thought I needed her more than anything. This kept happening though; the jealousy issues she had never stopped, she'd constantly get angry at me for something stupid, ruin my day, but then would apologize for it the next day and forget it ever happened.

She also loved to make me jealous. She admitted to purposely hooking up with a girl she met on Tinder just to make me jealous and realize 'her worth' and how easily she could cut me off and have someone else. Nothing was ever her fault, she always 100% put the blame on me for absolutely everything, I felt defeated constantly and I felt stupid for letting someone who lived 3 hours away control me. We had met in person a few times and afterwards she would always tell me how she didn't have a good time and how I wasted her time by doing "stupid" things. I felt like I could never win no matter what I did, I felt completely and totally useless.

In early August of this year, she did something so traumatizing to me that I have a hard time talking to anyone about it and still sometimes suffer from night traumas from it. That was when I decided to finally stand up for myself and completely remove her from my life for good and I don't regret it one bit, cutting all ties from her was one of the best things I've ever done. I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with everything I went through, but at least she can't ever hurt me or belittle me ever again.

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

molo wrote:
Pastel Rage wrote:I was dating a man for around six months, which ended somewhat recently. We weren't exclusive at any point during our dating, but I still had to draw the line when he started browsing Tinder while I was in bed with him post-sex :roll:
:o what the actual fuck.....
Yeah, and when I was like "um, what are you doing?" He said he was just closing notifications, and that he never used it anymore. Despite having a recent profile pic. OH, and anyway, we weren't "a real couple" so it didn't matter. He's also an actor, so I think he was just really using that to his advantage and refusing to tie himself down - despite constantly leading me on. I'm glad I'm not seeing him anymore :D

BornThisWay94, I'm so glad you pulled yourself out of that situation. Proud of you - you definitely deserve better :love2:

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Post by sunflowerskies »

I have been talking with this really sweet guy that I've known since childhood who I reconnected with after High School. I think hes cute and I recently told him how I have felt because we do have history and I just needed to say it. ( He said he was currently interested in someone else but said that he was glad I could confide in him and that I didn't need to feel nervous about it and that it wasn't awkward basically. )Cut to a month later, he starts snapchatting me nonstop out of the blue, occasionally flirting and I'm flirting back occasionally. At one point he got so flirty I flat out asked about the mixed signals and what it meant, why he was all of a sudden interested in me again because I was comfused and it was making me feel weird. (<--- Paraphrasing ---> ) He says that he didn't think it was like that and he was just occasionally flirting because its fun. We had a little chat about that and after I let it oit everything was fine and now we still send snaps every day but I still feel like there are mixed signals. He snaps me all the time (we are snap best friends (at one point a yellow heart popped up which means he sent snaps to me the most and I sent him snaps most. We reconnected on instagram before the snapping started.) So right now just seeing where things go but this is the general summary. This is the first time a guy has shown this much interest in me but then he was flip flopping and giving mixed signals and I just feel like there shouldn't be mixed signals. So that's pretty much it, I left out a lot because the entire story of our history and stuff would be too long to type!
☕️

alienrasta
Informer
Informer

Post by alienrasta »

I'm so mind-boggled. I was talking to a guy for about a month, we met through mutual friends. First red flag: The day we plan to meet up, he texts me “so, you wanna hook up?” My response: “I mean, I don't even know you.” I let it slide though because he ends up being a nice guy and doesn't make any moves the whole day. The first couple times we hang out, we go to the beach. But that got boring and somedays the weather didn’t permit, but still wanting to hang out, he would come and pick me up and then proceed to ask: “So, what do you want to do?” I respond, “I don’t know. Anything. You’re driving.” 1. I didn’t have anything in mind. 2. Small town, not much to do. 3. Didn’t want to suggest anything too far, he was driving. 4. Usually, when you start hanging out with someone, you have a plan beforehand. So we would usually end up sitting in a parking lot just talking, which I didn’t mind. We couldn’t go to either of our apartments bc of our roommates but it didn’t cost any money and I just enjoyed spending time with him. (Though I would like to add, when his roommates weren’t home, we would hang out there. But that was only once or twice.)

A month passes, we’re still just “talking” and I'm just not feeling it anymore. I break it off. He gets mad and cuts off contact = understandable. UNTIL a few months later he hits me up randomly and I’m like… what do you want? He then tells me he misses me, so we hang out. At his place. And so we’re just chilling in his bed, talking. He said something dumb I don’t remember and I moved away and he goes “I don’t know. I thought this time would be different. I’m not saying you’re boring, but you never want to do anything. If we were with other people it’d be fine but just the two of us… it does get boring.” And I get heated. I’m like, “okay take me home.” We haven’t directly talked since.

The problem(s): 1. I love to do stuff. If he were to pick me up and say “Okay, we’re going [here.]” I’d be happy. But instead, he would just pick me up and demand somewhere to go and when I would say “I don’t know” he’d have a bitch fit and just drive to an empty parking lot. 2. I’m extremely offended that he basically said he didn’t like spending time with me. I’m not sure if he’s aware, but in an actual relationship, you don’t always go out and go places. You also sit at home and watch tv, enjoying each others company. 3. His friend is also my friends’ close friend. He told me that after the guy and I would hang out, he would go back and tell his friends “Bro, I just wasted my time. We just sat in my car and talked.”

I’m annoyed, pissed, offended, and upset. Am I wrong? Am I crazy?? Like, am I the only one that doesn’t care what you’re doing as long as you’re spending time with someone???

Return to “Dating”