New thread ladies! Carry on! :tu:

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LisaLisaD1 ~ Part 29

Post by chance86 »

I don't mind dressy heels with denim. Back in my college days, I'd wear the look out to the bars and clubs. This was before dresses and skirts became fashionable again. If you ladies remember, in the 00s, pretty much the only thing women wore was jeans. That being said, at least I was going out to dance and have drinks. Lisa looks like a fool wearing these ensembles to the post office or to sit in a drive-thru. It's a waste of money. There's nothing wrong with dressing for yourself but she takes it too far. I suppose she doesn't think these getups are only for the pick-up line or girls at Oliver. She has 20,000 viewers and IG followers to "impress"! The internet is her virtual catwalk.

Post by Guest »

The main issue I am realizing I have with Lisa is transparency or lack there of. She blows her face up with fillers, never addresses it and then just talks about getting a little Botox. Like the work she's had is oh so natural lol! She will talk briefly about her kids/husband in a way seems so superficial and empty, which can only give the viewers the impression she is more concerned with herself than anything. If she doesn't want to put them out there then why not say as much, say you'd prefer to keep that part of your life private. And it drives me crazy when she says crap like "I don't get anything" from whatever deal she's hawking!! Yes, she does! The Oliver deals - she is obviously getting a discount if she's arranged one for her subscribers, and I would be willing to bet it's more than what they offer viewers. What about all the affiliate links she posts, yes Lisa, you "get" something when people click and purchase through them. I'm sick of her trying to sell product like she's doing viewers a favor, just be up front! There's no shame in it if you're up front with everyone from the get go.
Sorry, rant over. lol

EastCoastGlamour
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by EastCoastGlamour »

SHE STILL has NOT Posted an ffiliate link disclaimer or anything else for that matter in her description box !!! There is absolutely NO mention of it, Ever, there is no information regarding her receiving free products for review ! and never has been !
Last edited by EastCoastGlamour on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
""I only wear Lipstick at night, Lipstick during the day is So Tacky" - Alex, HRH Collection.

EastCoastGlamour
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

^^ Chance , I totally rocked the Jordache jeans with heels and a dressy blouse back in the 80s ! White pumps as well!!

Lisa has absolutely no fashion sense whatsoever & doesn't know how to pair those heels with the right pieces!

She also cannot comprehend that you dress for a certain "occasion".. But she has no life except for the post office,, Ulta, Oliver's and fast food drive-thrus :rofl:
""I only wear Lipstick at night, Lipstick during the day is So Tacky" - Alex, HRH Collection.

Indilwen
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Indilwen »

chance86 wrote:I don't mind dressy heels with denim. Back in my college days, I'd wear the look out to the bars and clubs. This was before dresses and skirts became fashionable again. If you ladies remember, in the 00s, pretty much the only thing women wore was jeans. That being said, at least I was going out to dance and have drinks. Lisa looks like a fool wearing these ensembles to the post office or to sit in a drive-thru. It's a waste of money. There's nothing wrong with dressing for yourself but she takes it too far. I suppose she doesn't think these getups are only for the pick-up line or girls at Oliver. She has 20,000 viewers and IG followers to "impress"! The internet is her virtual catwalk.
I don't think it's awful to wear heels with jeans...but honestly, I think that really truly is more of a young woman's look than for a middle aged or older woman like Lisa. If I were going to wear heels with jeans at my age, I would choose a dark skinny jean or a dark flare with a tailored top or blazer. NOT a bright blue cookie monster fur vest and boyfriend jeans. But that's just me, and I ain't no Lisa. ;)

Also, as you pointed out when you wore dressy heels with denim you were going out to a club, and that was a fashionable look at the time. I'll bet you didn't wear that kind of outfit to the post office or to go shopping...haha.

Indilwen
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Indilwen »

Hey, ladies. Just a quick question. This is just for the sake of my own curiosity, but does the name of this website ever bother any of you? I will confess, that when I found this website years ago, I wasn't really looking for a place to gossip. I was directed here by a Facebook group when a YouTuber I was following suddenly and without explanation disappeared from all social media. I was given a link to her thread here and I've been here ever since. This was way back on the old Guru Gossip website. Sometimes I wish the name was different...maybe something like "Guru Talk" or "Guru News"...IDK. I think some people automatically look down on us simply because the name of the website has negative connotations. I feel the same way about the "trash" title given to threads. I don't know what other name we could give it, but I think surely there could be a better word to describe it other than "trash". The trash threads are WAY more popular on here than the rave threads, so apparently most people who come here to chat and vent aren't happy with what's going on with the YT world, but I don't necessarily think that every comment we are making about the gurus is really trashing them. Oh well, that's just my little rant for the day.

Complainer6045
Learner
Learner

Post by Complainer6045 »

I suspect she wears those heels for the video/ instagram photos and then they get tossed into the car and the flip flops go on. I also suspect that the clothes she gets from Olivers are on loan and still have the tags on for her to show off and then they go back to the store. She probably gets a % commission when people purchase using the discount code. She never seems to wear the same thing twice.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Wilmywood...
A word to the wise isn't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the help!

LostIt
Informer
Informer

Post by LostIt »

Hey Lisa. Clean your damn house and take care of your children. Do something worthwhile for a change.

EastCoastGlamour
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

^^^ I've said this before, I Do have a Life outside of being a Mom, but I cannot fathom spending all that time on myself day in and day out! I Used to Years ago, understood somewhat why Lisa wouldn't post pictures of her children on IG , but now it just doesn't make any sense since she already posted pictures of her daughter and Shawn and her daughter already has been out there on the Internet for everyone to see ! An occasional family picture with nothing personal attached is a normal thing to do for a lot of the gurus on YT. Some may give out more personal information than others, but for the most part there are normal IG pictures with normal things that in my opinion do not take away their children's privacy . there have been some known on YT that they are teenage children have been found on Twitter etc. but if they kept their accounts private and didn't post inappropriate material they're probably wouldn't have been an issue .

Most of my IG pics are of my family and children and yes me bragging a little bit about their accomplishments. I'm sorry, I'm very proud of my children and I couldn't imagine always talking about myself and posting pictures about Me & Me Only!!

Indi, I totally agree with what you said. The reason I ended up on GG wasn't looking to gossip, it was just by accident !

Post by Guest »

EastCoastGlamour wrote:SHE STILL has NOT Posted an ffiliate link disclaimer or anything else for that matter in her description box !!! There is absolutely NO mention of it, Ever, there is no information regarding her receiving free products for review ! and never has been !

I'd say maybe Lisa didn't quite understand the whole concept, but we all know she's too sly not to!!

It just occurred to me the other day while watching Erin Busbee, because she mentioned the product links in the description box and how by using them it helps her business and thanked viewers who have used them. I can respect that, and perhaps if I do order something she talks about I will use them.

EastCoastGlamour
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

**** Sorry Jawn ! Lol

EastCoastGlamour
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

PhoebeTallulah wrote:
EastCoastGlamour wrote:SHE STILL has NOT Posted an ffiliate link disclaimer or anything else for that matter in her description box !!! There is absolutely NO mention of it, Ever, there is no information regarding her receiving free products for review ! and never has been !
I agree! Yes! Erin Always Discloses Everything & if anyone deserves to make a little bit if $ on those links, it's Her! Not only does she have her own business and writes a great blog, she puts time, effort & money into her Channel All the time. She actually responds and helps her subscribers. She shops sensibly, even for herself and U.S. Not a Label whore, although she can appreciate Good Quality regardless of the price tag. It's also obvious her family comes First!

I'd say maybe Lisa didn't quite understand the whole concept, but we all know she's too sly not to!!

It just occurred to me the other day while watching Erin Busbee, because she mentioned the product links in the description box and how by using them it helps her business and thanked viewers who have used them. I can respect that, and perhaps if I do order something she talks about I will use them.

EastCoastGlamour
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

^^ quote feature messed up...

PkayB113
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PkayB113 »

Complainer6045 wrote:I suspect she wears those heels for the video/ instagram photos and then they get tossed into the car and the flip flops go on. I also suspect that the clothes she gets from Olivers are on loan and still have the tags on for her to show off and then they go back to the store. She probably gets a % commission when people purchase using the discount code. She never seems to wear the same thing twice.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Wilmywood...
I absolutly believe that! The same with Sita and other companies. I find it strange so many things she shows us we never see on her after the picture or video is taken. Found this

http://www.pennapowers.com/how-much-do-youtubers-make/

Thisisnotalovesong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Thisisnotalovesong »

Indilwen wrote:Hey, ladies. Just a quick question. This is just for the sake of my own curiosity, but does the name of this website ever bother any of you? I will confess, that when I found this website years ago, I wasn't really looking for a place to gossip. I was directed here by a Facebook group when a YouTuber I was following suddenly and without explanation disappeared from all social media. I was given a link to her thread here and I've been here ever since. This was way back on the old Guru Gossip website. Sometimes I wish the name was different...maybe something like "Guru Talk" or "Guru News"...IDK. I think some people automatically look down on us simply because the name of the website has negative connotations. I feel the same way about the "trash" title given to threads. I don't know what other name we could give it, but I think surely there could be a better word to describe it other than "trash".
I am more concerned about Guru :D
Stupid is as stupid does

PkayB113
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PkayB113 »

Does she honestly think this is a good look? Does she have my idea how many people must laugh their ass off when she goes by? This is one of those pictures I would look at, turn to my husband and say, just shoot me!

https://instagram.com/p/9xmRsRQEHg/?taken-by=lisalisad1

Isis
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Isis »

If Lisa was going out to an event, in the evening, I could see the point of the outfit. But she goes nowhere interesting as we all know.

I think heels and jeans are fine. I don't live in my car like Lisa. I walk a lot to run errands etc...I wouldn't make it far in her 5 inch shoes
:D

LostIt
Informer
Informer

Post by LostIt »

I refuse to any company who gives brainless (D1) anything free. Why should I pay?

LostIt
Informer
Informer

Post by LostIt »

Can't wait till this marriage implodes. It's already over she's looking for her next sugar daddy. I would love to hear from her neighbors! She is the laughingstock I'm sure!

Return to “LisaLisaD1”