Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Controversial Parenting Tag

Post by sillypeanut » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:34 pm

canaduh wrote:
farnearer wrote:
well wait idk wrote:10) Vaccinations
Anyone who doesn't get their child vaccinated is an irresponsible scumbag piece of shit
Are you serious? I don't want to be controversial or cause an argument, I know this is your opinion, but seriously?
Vaccines contain mercury and aluminium. They're insanely dangerous.

My mum stopped vaccinating my sister in 2009 and she's fine- my sister that is. Does that make my mum an irresponsible scumbag piece of shit or someone who's really fucking concerned about the shit that the government tries to inject her child with?
I agree with you. I think the vaccination should be researched beforehand but nowadays schools will suspend you if you are not up to date with all your vaccines which I personally find stupid.
Schools shouldn't allow unvaccinated children. Diseases like whooping cough and hepatitis are still wide spread. I wouldn't want an unvaccinated kid near mine. The vaccinations are to protect everyone. If people choose not to vaccinate their offspring then they should just be home schooled. Sorry, I am just not a conspiracy theory follower. There is no scientific evidence to support vaccinations causing damage. How exactly does one "research" a vaccination beforehand? Either you do it or you don't.

sillypeanut
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sillypeanut » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Sorry for the double post. I forgot to include this link that talks about mercury (thimerosal) that's being phased out.

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccin ... /UCM096228

Hope noone thinks I'm being a jerk. It's not my intention. Obviously this is a controversial thread so take what I say with a grain of salt.

apple
Learner
Learner

Post by apple » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:28 pm

1) Pro-life vs. Pro-choice
Pro choice
2) baby wearing
Yeah I don't see what's wrong with that!
3) circumcision
No. I think that's a big decision to make on behalf of a baby.
4) Adoption
Yes!
5) baby piercing
No haha. I just think it's totally unnecessary
6) breast milk vs. formula
Breast milk wherever possible. Like someone else said - it's what breasts are for
7) Spanking
I was spanked every now and then as a child and I'm just fine haha, so I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Actually just because of the kind of person I am I don't think I'd spank my own children (when I have them) so I guess that shows how little it's affected me
8) Co-sleeping
Never with tiny babies and like most others here only occasionally with slightly older children. I think regular co sleeping is a difficult habit to get out of for the child and it can keep parents 'babying' their children for too long.
9) home vs. public vs. private vs. charter schooling
Public schooling
10) Vaccinations
Yes
11) medicating children
In terms of a spoonful or Calpol when they aren't feeling very well then yeah that's fine, but like someone else said children are put on long term medication for things that are just part of childhood so I'd have to seriously consider the situation before putting a child on long term medication
12) cloth vs. disposable diapers
Disposable
13) cry it out method
Again not with tiny babies. But with slightly older children who are able to try and use temper tantrums to manipulate their parents I don't see why not.

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm

I only want to comment on Pro-life and Pro-choice.

I am pro-choice.
BUT my auntie, who used to work for a clinic who did them (abortions) said MANY patients had, had up to 20 abortions. I think that is disgusting. They aren't birth control!!!!

discrepancies
Informer
Informer

Post by discrepancies » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:02 pm

sillypeanut wrote:
canaduh wrote:
farnearer wrote:
Are you serious? I don't want to be controversial or cause an argument, I know this is your opinion, but seriously?
Vaccines contain mercury and aluminium. They're insanely dangerous.

My mum stopped vaccinating my sister in 2009 and she's fine- my sister that is. Does that make my mum an irresponsible scumbag piece of shit or someone who's really fucking concerned about the shit that the government tries to inject her child with?
I agree with you. I think the vaccination should be researched beforehand but nowadays schools will suspend you if you are not up to date with all your vaccines which I personally find stupid.
Schools shouldn't allow unvaccinated children. Diseases like whooping cough and hepatitis are still wide spread. I wouldn't want an unvaccinated kid near mine. The vaccinations are to protect everyone. If people choose not to vaccinate their offspring then they should just be home schooled. Sorry, I am just not a conspiracy theory follower. There is no scientific evidence to support vaccinations causing damage. How exactly does one "research" a vaccination beforehand? Either you do it or you don't.
So do you think people should get EVERY vaccination that they can or just some particular ones? Because there are some that are fairly unnecessary. I would get my kids vaccinated against whooping cough, tetanus and some others, but not all of them.
Can you photoshop your life with better decisions, Jerry?

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by AngelPrincess » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:15 pm

HattieChaos wrote: 7) Spanking No. I feel like it is way too easy to take it too far. This is largely because of the way I was raised. It started with the occasional spank and then went all the way right into constant physical abuse, right up until my teen years. I am now 16 and to this day my mother physically beats me, emotionally as well, and it has led to me moving halfway across the country to be away from her and to feel safe. I know that obviously most parents aren't anything like that, but because for me it went so far, there is no chance in hell I would lay a finger on my kid. I will probably be a bit of a "pushover" parent as a result, but I'd rather be a pushover than have my kid turn suicidal and leave like I did. One extreme is better than the other.

I'm sorry about what happened between you and your mom good thing your safe now.

sillypeanut
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sillypeanut » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:46 pm

discrepancies wrote:
So do you think people should get EVERY vaccination that they can or just some particular ones? Because there are some that are fairly unnecessary. I would get my kids vaccinated against whooping cough, tetanus and some others, but not all of them.
I think the school required vaccines should be heavily considered. So MMR, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, etc. I also want to add Gardisil since it'll help prevent certain strains of cervical cancer but of course that's not a requirement by any means. Do I think ALL vaccines are necessary? Well no of course not. Not everyone needs the flu or pneumonia vaccine. Also I know there are certain people with certain diseases who cannot tolerate certain vaccines. My point is that vaccines are so important against diseases that used to wipe out populations en masse, so it's obvious that they work. I know someone who won't have her son get ANY vaccines, and that's the part that disturbs me.

BeautifullyUgly
Learner
Learner

Post by BeautifullyUgly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:51 pm

1) Pro-life vs. Pro-choice: Personally I am in pro-life. I could never justify killing my baby under any of the scenarios that pro-choice advocates bring up such as rape. But I do think that women should have the option to even if I don't agree with their decision. So I guess the idealist in me is pro life while the practical side is pro choice.
2) baby wearing: I don't see a problem with it.
3) circumcision: Yes, solely for hygienic reasons.
4) Adoption: I think it's great.
5) baby piercing: Totally against. I think you should have someone's consent before you stick needles through their skin, so just wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves.
6) breast milk vs. formula: Breast milk; the studies are there proving that it's the way to go.
7) Spanking: In extreme cases I believe a firm whack on the bum that's strong enough to startle them but not hurt them is necessary. I was spanked all of four times in my life, and all four times I was doing something dangerous and I never did those things again.
8) Co-sleeping: Not really. Too dangerous!
9) home vs. public vs. private vs. charter schooling: It all depends on the area.
10) Vaccinations: Yes. My kids aren't getting any where close to unvaccinated children. Personally I think it's incredibly irresponsible not to vaccinate your children.
11) medicating children: yes
12) cloth vs. disposable diapers: A combination.
13) cry it out method: 100% no. My aunt and uncle permanently damaged my little cousins vocal chords by doing this. And that's not speculation, that came straight from the doctor.

whatsername_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whatsername_ » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:51 pm

yepyep wrote:
astoldbyashleigh_ wrote: 10) Vaccinations
I'm actually on the fence about this.
Why are you on the fence about this?

Mainly because of what I've read.
How in some cases vaccines can cause severe side effects.
I.e, blindness, paralysis and other traumatic life altering situations.
I know the chance is like super slight, and that only happens in extreme cases, but part of me doesn't even want to risk it.
:/

placebo
Talker
Talker

Post by placebo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Both. I'm fairly sure I would never do it, but I understand why a woman would want an abortion after rape, learning about serious issues regarding the baby, not being able to afford financially/mentally. I however think certain loose skanks should have their tubes tied instead of using abortions as birthcontrol.

2) baby wearing
Does this mean carrying a baby in a manduca or whatnot? If so, then definitely for.

3) circumcision
Against. Mostly because I believe it should be said person's own choice, not their parents.

4) Adoption
For. If giving up one's child to adoption to offer them a better childhood, then that demands respect. I also understand childless couples adopting. Why not?

5) baby piercing
Against. Again, this is something the person should decide for themselves.

Whatever keeps the baby fed. Breast milk so long as it's an option.

7) Spanking
Against.

8) Co-sleeping
For. When my daughter was smaller, it was easier to co-bed. The transition to normal bed wasn't hard for her.

Public.

10) Vaccinations
Unsure about this. We didn't get the swine flu vaccines because I felt wary about it and turns out it's caused some serious conditions on people.

11) medicating children
I wouldn't want to be in pain if I had an ear infection. OF COURSE I would medicate my child when needed.

Whatever works.

13) cry it out method
Against to it what comes to small babies. I however would rather let a 2year old cry than have their will come through if it's something as silly as wanting candy.

behindthesea
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by behindthesea » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Pro-choice, no one should be able to dictate what a woman can do with her own body.
2) baby wearing
I don't see the problem with it.
3) circumcision
I don't know too much about circumcision but I have heard of men having to get circumcised as an adult and that it was very painful as an adult so I would probably circumcise if I had a son.
4) Adoption
I'm all for adoption and I do plan on adopting a child when I'm ready to be a parent.
5) baby piercing
I had my ears pierced as a baby and I don't see anything wrong with it, even if the baby is crying it's not like it will remember it when they're older.
I haven't thought too much about it, considering I plan on adopting I would have to use formula instead of breast milk but to each their own.
7) Spanking
I was spanked/hit once or twice as a child and I don't think it's had a huge effect on me or anything. I probably wouldn't spank my child but if they are acting up and they can't be controlled a little spank isn't going to do long term damage.
8) Co-sleeping
NO. my little sister slept with my parents until she was in first grade and even after that my mom had to lay in bed with her before she could fall asleep. It is a really hard habit for the child to break so I would never do that unless, like others have said, they had a nightmare or something.
Probably public school. I've always gone to public school and I would say my education was perfectly fine. It obviously depends on the area but I don't plan on raising my child in a bad area with bad public schools, if I can't afford to live in a nice area with good public schools then I definitely wouldn't be able to afford a private school. I would only consider homeschooling if my child wanted homeschooling, like if they were being bullied or something I would consider letting them be homeschooled for a while.
10) Vaccinations
I would vaccinate because without my child wouldn't be allowed into school. I was actually threatened a suspension for not having a certain vaccination (i dont remember which one) when I switched high schools so I wouldn't want my child to have to deal with something like that.
11) medicating children
if it's necessary then yes, when my sister was a baby she had terrible asthma so she had to take steroids and an inhaler twice a day or she wouldn't be able to breathe and even then she was taken to the hospital several times, so in extreme cases like that I would definitely medicate my child.
probably disposable.
13) cry it out method
if they're throwing a tantrum then I say yes but only if they are in the home. I hate seeing children crying on a floor of a department store when their parent doesn't want to get them something, deal with it at home not at the store.

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Pro life or pro choice? Pro life all the way
Baby wearing? Sure have baby weared in the past
Circumcision? No my hubby isn't so if we had a son he wouldn't be either.
Adoption? Is wonderful so many children need good homes.
Baby piercing? Yes for sure rather do it when they are little easier to take care of.
Breastmilk vs formula breastmilk all the way
Spanking? I have spanked in the past not proud of it
Medicating kids? Depends on what medicine were talking about.

Co sleeping? Currently co sleep do not mind it
Home vs public vs private vs charter? Public school all the way
Vaccinations? Totally for we have vaccinated both girls
Cloth vs disposable prefer disposable
CIO method nope don't do that with my girls.

kittycatpancake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kittycatpancake » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Pro choice. Not anyone else's place to tell a woman what to do with her body. Nobody else's religious, moral or personal views need to be applied to anybody but themselves.

2) baby wearing
For small children it seems like a great idea. Small as in not able to walk yet. Infants. I don't think you should have your two year old strapped to your back or chest, but as long as the baby is being carried in a way that doesn't squash its' body in a way that could hurt it or cause long term issues, why not?

3) circumcision
I don't buy the "it's cleaner" thing, but I'm on the fence about it. I like it less the more I read about it but it's often hard to separate personal opinion and fearmongering from facts. I'll let the father of my kids decide what he wants to do.

4) Adoption
It's a good thing if a person can help a child find a forever home, I may adopt one day, I don't know. But I don't think it's.. how do I say this? An alternative to abortion? TV and pro-life groups make it look all rosy, you pick a fantastic perfect family and your kid lives with them and it's happily ever after. That's not always the case. A lot of people just give up their babies or kids and they go into the care of the government and are bounced around from foster home to foster home. It's just not always as nice or easy as some people would have you believe.

5) baby piercing
I don't think it's necessary. I got my ears pierced at 12 and went about my day with a little soreness and that's all. It's not like doing it to your child as a baby will save them a large amount of recovery or bedrest or pain later in life.

Breastfeed if you can, try your best because it's the best you can give your baby. But if you can't do it, no judgement. Baby needs to be fed and mom needs to be sane. I also don't judge people who supplement formula. It's draining on a body to feed another person, so just do the best you can.

7) Spanking
I was spanked and I'm fine. I think there are better ways of dealing with things than to use physical force and everything but should always be tried, but I am not completely against spanking (when it's not malicious) because I do believe that spanking worked on me in some cases.

8) Co-sleeping
I know a woman through someone who was cosleeping and rolled over and killed her baby, so it scares me a little. That said I would absolutely get one of those open-side bassinets that you put beside the bed so you can reach out and touch the baby. I think that would be a great idea if it works for the family.

Whatever works for your kids. Public school didn't work for me. I did online homeschool. Worked much better. Whatever you can afford and whatever is best for each child's educational development is what parents should do.

10) Vaccinations
I've had all mine (Except HPV and I'm thinking about getting it) and the occasional flu shot and do not have any negatives to say about them. I'm perfectly fine. Though I haven't done research on them, I turned out okay and I guess science can only get better. When the time comes I'll do my research and decide then. I won't judge a parent for doing what they think is best for their child.

11) medicating children
Like ritalin, antidepressants, etc? They should be an absolute complete LAST resort. I don't support stuffing a kid full of pills for disorders they may not even have.

Medication for actual obvious medical problems like asthma or a heart problem? Yes, obviously, do everything you can to help them.

And as for stuff like fever medication and whatever, if your kid has a high fever and you refuse to give it something and it dies, you should be charged with child endangerment, murder, whatever else they can get you for because that is NOT okay. This is 2013, there is a reason we don't have a 90% infant mortality rate anymore, and that reason is crap like children's motrin and basic medical care.

Whatever works for you and your child. If you like cloth, do cloth. If you don't, do disposable. I think cloth is a good method for kids who have irritation due to disposables.

13) cry it out method
Good for toddlers, not okay for babies. Cry it out only works when the child has another means of communication, either by speech or gestures, when crying IS the only communication, it doesn't work.

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Pro-Choice
2) baby wearing
dont see the problem with it
3) circumcision
I dont really have an opnion on it because i'm not a guy.
4) Adoption
A great thing
5) baby piercing
for it, i got my ears pierced at 3 months
- Breast Milk
7) Spanking
- For it, I was spanked and it helped me
8) Co-sleeping
- No.
- Private school
10) Vaccinations
Depends
11) medicating children
depends
disposable ones for now
13) cry it out method
- depends how old the baby is

lemontree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lemontree » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:42 pm

- pro-life.
2) baby wearing
- yes, easier when going out with a toddler. Ours said till 20lbs/18months, so we don't use it anymore.
3) circumcision
- if medical neassary
4) Adoption
- totally for it whether for people not being able to have a child or not, it's a good thing!
5) baby piercing
- against! where I live (Ecuador) you pierce the girls at exactly eight days (doctors claim it would heel super fast and not hurt at that age :roll: ), they also always become cricket when older... Where I grew up (Germany) you usually get your ears pierced when in primary school. Way better!
- if possible breastmilk! My milk supply dried up pretty quickly so I was forced to formula feed and my boy had lots of digestive problems :/
7) Spanking
- NOPE! no phisical violence in my home at all!
8) Co-sleeping
- done the righ way it's okay to a certain age but if not it's dangerous. I did not co-sleep.
- down here public schools sucks, there's no home schooling, so yes, private school. expensive stuff..
10) Vaccinations
- every single recommended one in my country which includes more than European standart (yellow fever, Hepatitis,..)
11) medicating children
- whenever it's possible homeopathic!!
- disposable. I have enough work on my hands with two kids, a house and a job.
13) cry it out method
- only for older kids like toddlers. My 4yo likes to fake cry so I let her "cry it out" if you could say so. My 17mo is grumpy when waking up so I let him cry for 5min and he behaves like an angle afterwards (picking him up makes it way worse)

CoastinOnADream
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoastinOnADream » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Loved this picture. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BeautifullyUgly
Learner
Learner

Post by BeautifullyUgly » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:24 am

I can see how this would incite anger in people, and I don't want to do that but I just want an explanation and when I've tried to ask people in person they've gotten upset and failed to explain. I see a lot of people are saying it here so I thought somebody could explain!

So I am mostly pro-choice, while I would never dream of having an abortion I do think abortions should be available to those who wish to have them. I've never understood this argument: When pro-choicers say women should be able to have abortions because no one should be able to tell women what to do with their bodies. But isn't the abortion being done to their baby's body more so than their body? Whenever people get in arguments and that's brought up I can never wrap my head around why it's not OK to tell a women what to do with her body, but it's OK for her to destroy the body of her baby. Whether or not you believe it's living yet, it's still a body of her baby that will be living shortly.

I do believe abortion should be legal, so I suppose I'm just playing devils advocate trying to understand that argument a little better! Thanks, and I am really sorry if I was offensive, that was not my intention!

canaduh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by canaduh » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 am

BeautifullyUgly wrote:I can see how this would incite anger in people, and I don't want to do that but I just want an explanation and when I've tried to ask people in person they've gotten upset and failed to explain. I see a lot of people are saying it here so I thought somebody could explain!

So I am mostly pro-choice, while I would never dream of having an abortion I do think abortions should be available to those who wish to have them. I've never understood this argument: When pro-choicers say women should be able to have abortions because no one should be able to tell women what to do with their bodies. But isn't the abortion being done to their baby's body more so than their body? Whenever people get in arguments and that's brought up I can never wrap my head around why it's not OK to tell a women what to do with her body, but it's OK for her to destroy the body of her baby. Whether or not you believe it's living yet, it's still a body of her baby that will be living shortly.

I do believe abortion should be legal, so I suppose I'm just playing devils advocate trying to understand that argument a little better! Thanks, and I am really sorry if I was offensive, that was not my intention!
The child would be living out of the woman's body though. It's her choices she makes and decided to do to her body that would affect the baby. Without the women, that baby wouldn't even be growing so yes, it's okay for a woman to do what she wants to something growing inside of her body.

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:41 am

This quote from Tumblr is what comes to mind:

"There is a concept called body autonomy. Its generally considered a human right. Bodily autonomy means a person has control over who or what uses their body, for what, and for how long. Its why you can’t be forced to donate blood, tissue, or organs. Even if you are dead. Even if you’d save or improve 20 lives. It’s why someone can’t touch you, have sex with you, or use your body in any way without your continuous consent.

A fetus is using someone’s body parts. Therefore under bodily autonomy, it is there by permission, not by right. It needs a person’s continuous consent. If they deny and withdraw their consent, the pregnant person has the right to remove them from that moment. A fetus is equal in this regard because if I need someone else’s body parts to live, they can also legally deny me their use.

By saying a fetus has a right to someone’s body parts until it’s born, despite the pregnant person’s wishes, you are doing two things.

1. Granting a fetus more rights to other people’s bodies than any born person.

2. Awarding a pregnant person less rights to their body than a corpse."

princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer

Post by princessvoldemort » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 am

Pro choice. I personally won't get an abortion unless if I was raped or in order to save my life, but I don't judge women who get abortions outside of those reasons.

2) baby wearing
Sure. My mom practiced it when my brother and I were babies. She would wear us while doing chores around the house.

3) circumcision
If I do have a son, I wouldn't get him circumcised.

4) Adoption
It's a great option to have kids. My mom is an adoptee.

5) baby piercing
Against. I think it should be up for the child to decide. My parents didn't get my ears pierced as a baby. I chose to get them pierced when I was 9.

Unless if I can't physically breast feed or if my child cannot have breast milk due to allergies or inborn metabolism disorders, I would like to breastfeed. It's the biological norm.

7) Spanking
Against it and all other forms of physical punishment. I feel like it teaches children that violence is the answer.

8) Co-sleeping
I wouldn't share a bed with my baby, but I would put him/her in a bassinet in the same room as my partner and I until he/she outgrows the bassinet.

Public. I'm a tax payer in my city, so why not take advantage of it?

10) Vaccinations
I would delay some vaccines (Hep B vaccine, for example. I didn't get the Hep B vaccine until I was entering kindergarten) and omit the flu vaccine. Otherwise, I would vaccinate them on schedule. And definitely have them get the HPV vaccine no matter their sex.

11) medicating children
I feel that medications do have their place, but we shouldn't rely solely on medications. I feel like it takes a combination of therapies to help with conditions like ADHD.

Cloth. Disposable doesn't look comfortable to me.

13) cry it out method
I'm too light of a sleeper to practice that.

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer

Post by thecitylightsburn » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:42 am

I'm Pro-Life, but I do support anyone's decision.

2) baby wearing
I would probably do it. It seems like it could be helpful.

3) circumcision
I agree with it.

4) Adoption
I support it.

5) baby piercing
I got mine pierced at a young age, and they ended up falling out when I was in the bath. I've never seen my mum jump over the tub so fast trying to save my little diamond earrings in my life! Uh, I'm not positive if I can say I would do it and then I wouldn't do it. I'm iffy.

I'm going to breastfeed as long as I can.

7) Spanking
My mom did it and it worked for me.

8) Co-sleeping
On occasion. I would want to do it in the beginning, like newborn stage.

Public.

11) medicating children
If it's REALLY needed.

I wanna try cloth!

13) cry it out method
Only if they want something, like "I want that toy, mama! Please!" Other than that, no.
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

Lorelei
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by Lorelei » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:07 am

Pro-Choice
2) baby wearing
Sure, why not?
3) circumcision
Circumcision happens mainly with Muslims, Jews, and Americans.
I think its totally fine lol.
4) Adoption
Yes!
5) baby piercing
I had earrings as a baby and its fine.
Breast Milk
7) Spanking
I was spanked as a kid a lot and I dont think i would do that to my kids
8) Co-sleeping
Im against co sleeping with babies.
Whatever floats whoever's boat I would probably do private or public
10) Vaccinations
I had them. and im fine.
11) medicating children
If they are REALLY sick and need it then I would give them it but if its something minor like a cold they're immune systems can fight it out.
Both in my opinion
13) cry it out method
Erm I dont really have a choice for this yet.
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

AngelPrincess
Informer
Informer

Post by AngelPrincess » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:14 am

BeautifullyUgly wrote:I can see how this would incite anger in people, and I don't want to do that but I just want an explanation and when I've tried to ask people in person they've gotten upset and failed to explain. I see a lot of people are saying it here so I thought somebody could explain!

I said this before in my original post that I'm more pro-life that's how I was raised and that's what I believe. I also think adoption is a good and reasonable alterative to getting a abortion. I was put in a situation where I had unprotected sex and I missed my period for two weeks that's never happened to me before. I was scared out of my mind my family is super religious and if they found out I was pregnant I felt like they would disown me and I would be a huge humiliation to them. My family is all I have and I cant lose them over a stupid choice that I made. I didn't even want to take a test because I didn't want to face reality. my boyfriend at the time told me if I were to get an abortion that it would be fine he would take me to get it done and I didn't have to tell anyone about it. I decided to take the test and it was negative I was really happy about it. my whole point in telling this story is that you really never know anyone's situation until you've been in their shoes I cant hate or judge a woman for getting an abortion even though I don't agree with if I were to have a unwanted pregnant and that wasn't an option for me I don't know what I would do. hopefully this makes sense haha

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Pro-Choice

2) Baby wearing
Meh, I would rather not. However, there's nothing wrong with it.

3) Circumcision
Firm no. I don't buy into it being "cleaner" at all.

4) Adoption
Yes of course. I'd love to adopt.

5) Baby piercing
I don't see the point. I won't be doing it with my kids, I'd let them decide when they're older.

6) Breast milk vs. formula
Breast Milk if possible.

7) Spanking
I was spanked as a kid, but it's done me no good mostly because it was never one smack - it was borderline beating. However, just one reminding smack to a child I think is fine (I have seen others lightly smack bottoms (once, not repeatedly) to remind them to not do something. Nonetheless, I couldn't hit my child.

8) Co-sleeping
Against. Uf the kids a bit older and has had nightmares, I think I would let them sleep with me, but otherwise not.

9) Home vs. public vs. private vs. charter schooling
Nothing wrong with Public here, but I'd want whatever is the best for my child.

10) Vaccinations
For.

11) Medicating children
For

12) Cloth vs. disposable diapers
Whatever works. I'd probably aim to use cloth, but I want to be a clinical psychologist in a few years, so maybe it might be disposable haha.

13) Cry it out method
Mainly for the same reasons as spanking (reminding me too much of my upbringing with my mother), I don't think I will use this method. I will probably tend to the child whenever it cried unless of course (when it's a toddler) I know he's just throwing a tantrum or faking it.

canaduh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by canaduh » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:50 pm

canaduh wrote:I personally think that it is up to the parent. I, myself, am pro-choice and absolutely no one has the right to judge something like that.

I also believe that spanking is completely wrong. My mother never once layed a hand on me and I turned out just find with a simple time out and a stern talking to.
I just decided to expand on my post!

1) Pro-life vs. Pro-choice? I personally am pro-choice. I was raised Christian and my family is all against abortion but I would never eliminate that option for myself. I was sexually assaulted twice in my life and if I were to have ended up pregnant, I would have wanted to abort it. I don't mind people who are pro-life unless they stame people for having an abortion.
2) baby wearing? I feel like this should only be done if you need to be hands free.
3) circumcision? I would get my son circumcised, but it also depends on what my boyfriend or husband thinks of it.
4) Adoption? I would definitely adopt a child. I don't want to give birth so I feel like this will be the way I go.
5) baby piercing? My mother waited until I was ten to get my ears pierced and I would do the same.
6) breast milk vs. formula? Breast milk but pumped.
7) Spanking? DEFINITELY NOT! It is sick and wrong to lay a hand on a child when you can speak to to him or her.
8) Co-sleeping? I wouldn't trust co-sleeping, unless it was a toddler or older.
9) home vs. public vs. private vs. charter schooling? I would send my child to public school but if they wanted to switch to home, or private I would consider it.
10) Vaccinations? It depends on the vaccine. I would allow then to get there tetanus and those necessities they need growing up but I wouldn't allow the Gardasil if I had a girl. I got the Gardasil in its early stages and it causes some side affects. Any vaccine should be researched for side affects and I wouldn't just get a vaccine for my child because the school said too. There are many parents who are against vaccines and I won't know where I stand until that moment comes.
11) medicating children? Only when necessary.
12) cloth vs. disposable diapers? Disposable.
13) cry it out method? If my child was a toddler and trying to get his/her way then cry it out, but if something was seriously wrong then no.

Return to “Family”