The Controversial Parenting Tag

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: The Controversial Parenting Tag

Post by sleep84 »

Username wrote:I can't stand pro-life people who think abortion is "killing a baby". First off, it's not a baby -- it's a clump of cells with NO nervous system and NO brain. Therefore, not even remotely close to being a "baby".
Totally agree with this.
The debate is always fiery, but in my state the right is very threatened so the debate is REALLY ON. And I'm...exhausted.

Exhausted of hearing the same lies and manipulation of the reality.

I even wanted to vent about it, somewhere, but I couldn't stand the idea of talking about it YET another time! :roll:

I'm pro-choice, I got called a murderer whore, a Nazi dike, jealous of women with babies (is it titillating to some people to imagine every woman a lesbian? since when it's an insult?), very graphic insults assuming that I'm a very sexually active woman who doesn't use precaution and jumps on everything with a pulse. Got told that "you never get pregnant because the nig*** raped you.." Feminists hate women want to be like men. (huh?) (there's worse, I will not go on).

I know that stupid people are just stupid people. But anti-choicers are SO insulting and abusive sometimes. I mean, it's hard to walk away from a fight when they insult your parents (and me, having a shitty family ... sometimes they even hit some nerves but I won't let them get to me...)

I really don't GET. If you feel like it's because of B/C sloppiness preach more about B/C! And keep the freakkin' right there. And end the stigma for EVERYTHING! Adoption has stigma, abortion has stigma, single moms have stigma, childless people have stigma, teen moms have stigma. Holy cow. Enough. :roll:
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

Return to “Family”