BABY NAMES!

Blackswan
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BABY NAMES!

Post by Blackswan »

Im having a boy in December and these are thr names we have in mind. Its hard to think of boy names. We are for sure gonna use Cruz. Either as a first name or middle name.

Isaiah
Sebastian

Chloe
Learner
Learner

Post by Chloe »

George - St. George, King George VI
Alexander - Scottish kings
Louis - Big Willy's last middle name

Those are my immediate thoughts, me likey.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Blackswan wrote:Im having a boy in December and these are thr names we have in mind. Its hard to think of boy names. We are for sure gonna use Cruz. Either as a first name or middle name.

Isaiah
Sebastian
Isaiah makes me think of Grey's Anatomy's Dr. Burke!!!! <3 <3 Yeah...major fictional crush!!! :D
They both sound nice with Cruz as a middle name!
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupGirly »

I'm really liking the name Tavia lately. I could never use it in this country though, it's not Irish enough. People are odd about that here.

Blackswan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Blackswan »

sleep84 wrote:
Blackswan wrote:Im having a boy in December and these are thr names we have in mind. Its hard to think of boy names. We are for sure gonna use Cruz. Either as a first name or middle name.

Isaiah
Sebastian
Isaiah makes me think of Grey's Anatomy's Dr. Burke!!!! <3 <3 Yeah...major fictional crush!!! :D
Im trying to convince my husband to go with Sebastian Cruz but he wants to use it Cruz Sebastian. I think it sounds better with Sebastian first

Brooke.
Debater
Debater

Post by Brooke. »

I love the name Grace for a middle name. I think McKenna Grace is cute :)

ciaraxo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ciaraxo »

girls:
Sidney Noelle (i've always loved this name, no idea why)
Kaylyn
Savannah
Alaska
Kayli
Avia
Aaliyah
Lennon
boys:
Kellin
Kaymin
Seannan (pronounced like se-nan)
Spencer
Reid

Post by Guest »

My problem with baby names is I would have to make sure it sounds nice when spoken in Thai (I'm half Thai, half American but live in the US). Like for example, I can't name my daughter Lea because the way it's pronounced sounds like the word "to lick" in Thai. Lol

My fiancé's last name is very Italian. And I want Morgan to be the middle name regardless of gender (my grandmother's maiden name).

FutureRN92
Learner
Learner

Post by FutureRN92 »

My top three names for each gender are:

Girls:
Kylie
Talia
Jamie

Boys:
Landon
Carter
Derek

(Most of my names, I fell in love with when I saw them previously used, weather it be on TV, movies, video games, etc.). But of course whenever I get married, it would have to be agreeable with my future Husband as well. :)

Madhatter42
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Madhatter42 »

For girls I like more unique names but for boys I prefer more normal names
Girls:
Rogue
Teagan
Emilia
Bliss
Blair
Dasilia (da-sil-ya)
Scarlett
Raelynn

Boys:
William
Dominic
Demetri
Troy
Logan
Leeland
David
Lincoln

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

FutureRN92 wrote:My top three names for each gender are:

Girls:
Kylie
Talia
Jamie

Boys:
Landon
Carter
Derek

(Most of my names, I fell in love with when I saw them previously used, weather it be on TV, movies, video games, etc.). But of course whenever I get married, it would have to be agreeable with my future Husband as well. :)
Kylie is an excellent choice!

(and also my name)

No but seriously I was so excited to see someone mention my name on here haha!

kingoflove21vher
Talker
Talker

Post by kingoflove21vher »

Lately been loving the name Briace (Kind of like Brais? Bryce?) as a middle name. It's a portmanteau of Bruce and Brian (two important names personally). <3

I know it's odd and probably nobody else will ever like it - but I love it!

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

sillypeanut wrote:My problem with baby names is I would have to make sure it sounds nice when spoken in Thai (I'm half Thai, half American but live in the US). Like for example, I can't name my daughter Lea because the way it's pronounced sounds like the word "to lick" in Thai. Lol

My fiancé's last name is very Italian. And I want Morgan to be the middle name regardless of gender (my grandmother's maiden name).
I have the same issue! I'm not Thai but I am from Eastern Europe and I want to choose a name that is easily pronounced and sounds good in both my native language and English. (I think I've posted on this thread before lol.) I've always loved the names Nicholas and James but they don't translate at all into my native language ): I also really like the name Michelle but that doesn't translate either.

So far the names I like that DO translate well are:

Boy:
Adrian

Girl:
Izabella (I'd call her Iza pronounced like ee-zah. In my language this name is spelled with a z and I prefer it that way)
Hanna
Alena

=/
imma ball til the day i fall

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Blackswan wrote:
sleep84 wrote:

Isaiah
Sebastian
Im trying to convince my husband to go with Sebastian Cruz but he wants to use it Cruz Sebastian. I think it sounds better with Sebastian first
I agree, it sounds better. It all depends on how you actually want to call your child. Do you want him to be a Cruz or a Sebastian? :D
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

MommyToASweetie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by MommyToASweetie »

I have a daughter named Clara Juliette, I love her name obviously lol. While I was pregnant I desperately wanted to name her Aria, but my boyfriend wouldn't go for it, I secretly sometimes call her Aria because clARA the Ara can be like Aria? Maybe? Lol.
My boyfriend wanted to name her Raelyn, Madison, Sasha, Alyna, etc stuff like that I didn't like.

If we ever have a son, he will be either Ronan William or William Ronan, and if we have a daughter she will probably be Annabelle, Sophia, Hanna, or Rosalie lol it's so tough to agree on names with my boyfriend.

I edited bc of spelling errors lol

jodilo88
Learner
Learner

Post by jodilo88 »

My fiance likes Amanda for a girl. I'm not quite on board LOL. I like Olivia and Amelia. (He likes Olivia too but with a different spelling - "Alivia")
For a boy, we've already settled on a name - Jacob Charles, after his grandfather.

My family is full of J names and it's kind of a tradition, but we can't agree on a J name for a girl.

gizcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gizcorn »

I really prefer underused yet traditional names. My name is Phoenix Blue (first and middle) and I absolutely hated it growing up. I still don't really like my middle name, and very rarely tell people it unless necessary. But I feel I've grown into it now I'm older, I like having a unique name, but don't like the aggro I've dealt with having an unusual name (spelling is literally the worst, Even my bosses spell my name phonix/pheonix despite the fact I've been there a year and have a name tag :roll:) Advice I'd give to people who want to name their children unusual names is definately think about the child's POV, from experience if they don't have the personality to match the name they will resent it.

But anyway, I lovelovelove the name Felix for a boy, but given my name I wouldn't use it, way too similar to my own and people would think it would be a reference to my own.
I also love the name Guillaume (french version of William) and I am determined that if I have a son it will be a part of his name.
Caleb & Noah are also two more boy choices

I haven't really thought about girls names, apart from underused-yet-not-too-weird aspects of it, I always grow out of girl names thankfully because a few have been awful.

BeautifullyUgly
Learner
Learner

Post by BeautifullyUgly »

Girls:
Everlie
Lyric
Celie (see-lee)
Rosalie
Maisy

Boys:
Eli
Leo
Cole
Liam

bnx18
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bnx18 »

I like the names
•Kadence
•Chloe
•Mia
•Sienna
for girls

And I mostly like the name Drew for a boy

Sweetems8997
Learner
Learner

Post by Sweetems8997 »

Growing up with a super popular name, (Emily) I found it quite annoying that I would never be the only Emily in a group, one had to be called Em or something. That being said, I love my name because I never have to worry about someone butchering my name or spelling it wrong. So I like names that aren't super uncommon, but unique enough so they're aren't 50 other kids with the same name at their doctors office.

Girls:
1. Quinn
2. Charlotte
3. Lea

Boys:
1. Ethan
2. Eston
3. Mason

Return to “Family”