I like him, but am I wasting my time?

PassionPeaches
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I like him, but am I wasting my time?

Post by PassionPeaches »

So a couple weeks ago, I was at the gym with two of my guy friends. As I finished up my cardio with my friend Brian, two guys that he knows walk by us and he mentions that he knows them. He then asks, do you think either of them are cute? One of them catches my eye I say yes. A little while later as we are about to leave, we run into the two guys mentioned earlier. The one that caught my eye, we'll refer to as K. So K is a lot more attractive up close. He had bright blue eyes and nice white teeth. Very good looking. So we all talk for a bit and I try to get some conversation in with K because I thought he was good looking. We had a nice bit of conversation and I smiled at him as me and Brian and our other friend left. As soon as we leave I tell Brian to set me up with K. So a couple of days later I'm on tinder (yeah yeah don't judge me) and lone behold, k's profile pops up. I excitedly swiped right in hopes of a match. A few minutes later I get a notification saying, "congratulations! You have a new match." It ends up being K and he "super" liked me on tinder. I wait a day or two and then I message him. The conversation was short but I tried to further the convo by asking questions and such. He enthusiastically responds but not enough for me to have something to respond back with. I end up asking for his snapchat and he gives me his username and tells me to add him. So I add him and he quickly adds me back. So then the next Saturday night, I get out of work and head to this party I was invited to earlier in the week (I'm a college student). I end up snap chatting K and inviting him to this party and he asks where it is so I give him the name of the apartment complex it's in. He opens it and doesn't respond to my disappointment. I take a snapchat video of the party and then post it to my story which he ends up looking at. Again, I invite him to this party (not the best move on my part but I wasn't sober ok??). He again asks where so I tell him and he doesn't open the snapchat until the next morning. Come Monday night, I head to the gym with my friend Parker who also knows K. I'm doing my own thing when I noticed K at the other side of the weight room. I'm feeling kind of embarrassed because he never came to the party I invited him too. I then notice Parker talking to him. Parker comes up to me after they're done talking and tells me that the reason K didn't come to the party, is because he got drunk at his apartment and ended up falling asleep, which makes me feel a little less embarrassed. So then after the gym, I'm at brjan and parker's apartment. Brian tells me that he told K that I thought he was cute the night that we first met. He also tells me that K also thinks I'm cute and that he asked for my number (he never texted or called). So K saying I was cute and asking for my number happened previous to the party. I tell them that I haven't been talking to K because he hasn't started a conversation with me and that I don't wanna annoy him. Brian tells me to wait to message him again (we hadn't talked since the night of the party). Going against Brian's advice, I message K again. The conversation starts okay, I tell him I saw him at the gym earlier and he said that I should of said hi to him. The rest of the conversation was mostly just me trying to make convo by asking him questions and he did the same thing as before, just nicely agreeing with me but not adding to the conversation. I end up getting frustrated and sent him a vague reply to which he doesn't answer. So again tonight I see him at the gym. I think he saw me, but I'm not really sure. But I saw him for maybe a minute or two and then he disappeared which I thought was strange because it was early in the night and he previously told me that he's usually there for a couple hours at night. So during all this time that we haven't talked, I've been posting snapchat stories of things that happened or what I'm doing. The weird thing is, he's always one of the first few people to look at my story. I've wondered that since he's always one of the first people to look at my story, why isn't he talking to me? I don't think I said anything weird and I tried to be casual when talking to him. Anyway so I explained all this to my best friend Kat. She thinks I'm reading too much into things and that he's interested in me but is just trying to play it cool. I think the opposite, that he's just not interested in me because otherwise he'd be talking to me and genuinely trying to get to know me. I think if I keep trying to talk to him, I'd be wasting my time. I know I haven't known him long but I was told he's a nice guy and that he would treat me good if it progressed to anything. We also seem to have things in common. I just want some other opinions because I really wanna get to know this guy and want to make sure that I wouldn't be wasting my time trying to.

Sorry for such a long post! Just wanted to get the details. Any help is appreciated! :love2: :D

Layla0606
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: I like him, but am I wasting my time?

Post by Layla0606 »

I would straight up ask him hey do u like me or what. he might say 'yeah of course' but then ask why doesn't he act like it

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

I think you're reading way too much into things. Who knows, he might not be the best when it comes to expressing himself in text. I sometimes waited 1-2 days before replying to texts when I first met my current bf (we've been together for five years now) because I didn't know what to write. I'd try to talk to him a bit more in person if I were you. You're saying that you see him in the gym every now and then? Next time you see him, just go up and say hi. If you feel like it, ask him out for a coffee, or anything else super casual. Maybe even set a date/time then and there, instead of just "sometime". It might be easier than snapchat/texting back and forth (for now).

I don't think you have to be too worried right now. He thinks you're cute, you like him. Give it some time, get to know him better and see how things goes.

English is not my first language

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by YouslessTube »

I’m in the same exact situation as you. This guy I met via a dating website seemed super interested the first week, texting everyday and saying sweet things, making me laugh etc. but a few days later he went cold, gave me mixed signals. We stopped talking for 10 days after which he texted “I miss you” and when I replied back saying I miss you too how are you etc, I saw he was online, but he didn’t reply to my message for 3 days after which I straight up asked him if “HE was alright” and he came in with stupid excuses like he was busy at work whilst I could clearly see him online. It takes 5 secs to reply, and I didn’t mind his lies as I barely knew him but purposely ignoring a girl you like can be 2 things - either he’s playing games or just shy. Don’t put him on a pedestal just yet, he may not even be all that you think he is, sure he may be cute but that’s all there may be to him.
In my case, the guy turned out to be childish af and I dropped him so fast.
My advice would be — go straight up to him and ask him for a coffee, get to know him then decide whether he’s wasting your time or not.

Return to “Relationships”