Does he like me?

lush69
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Does he like me?

Post by lush69 »

Okay so I thought I would ask for advice for these small signs. Please give me honest advice! I do not want to give myself the illusion that this guy likes me but if you think he does then maybe ill make a move when i see him again so here goes:

So i have known this guy for almost a year ( we worked together & have had classes together) when i first met him he didnt really catch my attention but ive noticed a few things that make me question if he likes me. (We arent close friends more like aquiantances)

1. A few months ago we were talking and then in front of me he starts having a convo with our professor and invites them to go to his friends show. Then when they left he quickly/nervously asked me "hey would you want to go" i declined though because he quickly said "oh but you dont drive" so i felt like he was inviting me because he had invited our professor in front of me (which was weird)

2. A few weeks ago I played this song with an obscure movie reference and he thought it was hilarious and wanted to give me a hug.

3. A few days ago at school he came up behind me put his hands on my shoulders and gave me a compliment.(also keep in mind hes never touched me before) he also gave his guy friend a friendly hug when he saw him that same day

4. Later in that same day, as I was leaving he came up to me and cupped his hand around my shoulder and asked me if I would be taking this class again. And in that moment i felt like i could see it in his eyes that hes interested in me .

These are the only signs. I do like him but i dont want to idealize him. Especially because sometimes hes chatty with other people but with me he sometimes cuts it short.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Does he like me?

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

Hi! Been in your situation a few times in my youth and here is what I can tell you from personal experience...

Here are signs he likes you:

1. Watch His Body Language-1. He initiates any form of contact to be near you. Mirroring is one way to assess if he’s into you. If you notice that he mimics your body language, it means he’s trying to connect to you and is completely focused on you. Other body language cues to look out for is if he leans in when talking to you, points his feet towards you, and maintains eye contact. Usually when guy likes you he’ll give you that deep penetrating stare, it’s the kind of thing that you just know when you see it.

2. He listens to what you say and remembers the details.

3. Acts different around you. If a guy likes you, he’ll act a little different when he’s around you. He might seem a bit nervous and fidgety, or maybe he tones down his usual “macho” attitude. You may notice he seems a little flustered or maybe even blushes a bit when you talk to him. If he behaves differently with you than other people in his life it’s a sign that he holds you in a different regard. Pay attention to the way he is with his friends and other people to get a baseline for how he usually acts.

4. He compliments your appearance.

5. Listen Carefully To Him When He’s Talking To You-Lots of guys feel like they have to prove themselves to a woman they’re interested in, so they’ll start bragging (or humblebragging) about themselves during conversation. One good way to see just how interested he is in you is to watch his body language during conversation. Try saying something softly. Does he lean in to hear you? Great! Does he stay closer to you after leaning in, or does he retreat away from you? Keeping an eye on how he positions himself during conversation will help reveal how interested he is in being with you.

6. Watch How He Feels About Body Contact -Touching someone else and being touched is a super important way of gauging how interested and how intimate he wants to be with you – and a great way to figure out how he feels is to watch how he reacts to touching you and being touched by you.
Guys who are interested will generally find excuses to touch you – like touching your hand when he laughs, or brushing your leg with his without moving it away, or even giving you hugs for the flimsiest of reasons. Next, watch what happens when you touch him. If you brush your hand gently against his neck or hold his arm gently with your hand – does he flinch away? Does he move his hand away from yours if you touch him? Or does he move to stay in further body contact with you? Here’s one thing to remember – if he’s typically a shy person, he might jump a little bit when you touch him. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t like you – keep watching him to see the truth.

7. Does He Act Interested In Things You’re Interested In? especially if he’s never acted interested in them before!
Look for him to start acting interested in things like a band that you’re into or a tv show you like. If he starts talking about how a band you like is in town in the near future – he’s trying to give you something that you like! He’s interested in you!

Here are signs he is NOT into you:

1. He’s Not Around You And Makes No Effort To Be Around You
2. He Doesn’t Really Listen When You Talk And Doesn’t Remember What You Tell Him
3. He Doesn’t Care About Your Relationships With Other Men Even In The Slightest
4. He Treats You The Same As He Treats Everyone Else – No Difference
5. He’s Not Really Curious About Your Life
6. He Openly Mentions Other Women He’s Interested In / He’s In A Serious Relationship
7. He Never Contacts You First
8. He’s A Super Friendly/Super Flirty Guy In General
9. He’s Always Busy / He Doesn’t Put In Any Extra Effort
10. The Truth: It Will Be obvious That He Likes You-This is all about your gut instinct. Honestly – what do you really think in your gut about him.
Do you really think he likes you? Listen to your gut – whether you get a sinking feeling or an excited, butterfly feeling will tell you everything you need to know. If he’s giving you 4 or more of the signs – it’s a pretty safe bet that he doesn’t like you.

strawberryx3
Informer
Informer

Post by strawberryx3 »

I know it may be a huge jump, but maybe ask him if he'd like to hangout sometime?
because it's possible that he's just a friendly guy or maybe he thinks you're attractive and just doesn't know you well?

catwithbeautifulwing
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by catwithbeautifulwing »

He may just be a friendly guy, I have guy friends who get friendly very easily with new people and end up sending mixed signals. Ask him to hang out sometime, like the movies or a quick lunch at McD. You also got to make sure he's not dating anyone already. Make it casual, like pretending to read a cringy post of couples on Instagram and asking him if he's seeing anyone.

catwithbeautifulwing
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by catwithbeautifulwing »

He may just be a friendly guy, I have guy friends who get friendly very easily with new people and end up sending mixed signals. Ask him to hang out sometime, like the movies or a quick lunch at McD. You also got to make sure he's not dating anyone already. Make it casual, like pretending to read a cringy post of couples on Instagram and asking him if he's seeing anyone.

jenniechase
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jenniechase »

May be you are worng

Return to “Relationships”