Inappropriate touching?

girlwiththehair
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Inappropriate touching?

Post by girlwiththehair »

I'm doing pretty well. Thanks for asking!

My mom has been really protective of me lately...almost too protective. For example, whenever she hears him talking to me while she's in another room she yells "Babe, leave her alone" or "Stop bothering her, babe!". It's funny cause half of the time he's just asking me a question or talking about work. At least he knows that my mom has my back. Anyway, I'm moving out in June so I won't have to live with him much longer :tu: :D

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

Aww my heart kinda shook seeing an update in the thread list...but I'm so happy for you...well done!!

Post by Guest »

hi OP. glad you are moving out!

AlexVause
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AlexVause »

I just read this whole thread, and I'm so glad you're moving out.
Wishing you all the best :love2:

iheartyou
Learner
Learner

Post by iheartyou »

OP - You are a fucking badass! You've navigated around this gross situation so well. You established strong boundaries while not compromising your values or letting anyone else (including your mom) influence you or alter your opinion. AND you're moving out!! I'm so happy for you!!!

As far as your mom protecting you even though he's trying to have a benign conversation: GOOD!! The cynic in me believes a manipulator like him is incapable of having a benign conversation. They're always grooming people. ALWAYS. Having a conversation with you is a privilege and you've made that clear.

Here's to a new chapter... CHEERS!! :tchin:

girlwiththehair
Learner
Learner

Post by girlwiththehair »

Hey guys, I just wanted to give an update.

A few weeks before I moved out he started making rude comments about weight . This went on for about a week and I blew it off every time, until one night we were having dinner and he condescendingly asked me how many calories I had that day. I don't know why, but that really got to me. I had to hold back tears. I still cringe thinking about it, but I'm glad it happened because it pushed me to put my foot down.

After that night, I made it very clear to him that I was done with him and his bullshit. He tried to play dumb and act like I was just overreacting about that "one" thing. Nice try. The rest of my time there was super awkward because we barely interacted and my mom was just there stuck in the middle. Since I moved out in June, I have only seen him once. It's great.

GobbyHermit
Informer
Informer

Post by GobbyHermit »

Glad you moved out and hope your mother she's him for what he is too.
A grown man making snide comments about calories..lame :roll:
Never doubt yourself <3

vanillablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillablue »

girlwiththehair wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to give an update.

A few weeks before I moved out he started making rude comments about weight . This went on for about a week and I blew it off every time, until one night we were having dinner and he condescendingly asked me how many calories I had that day. I don't know why, but that really got to me. I had to hold back tears. I still cringe thinking about it, but I'm glad it happened because it pushed me to put my foot down.

After that night, I made it very clear to him that I was done with him and his bullshit. He tried to play dumb and act like I was just overreacting about that "one" thing. Nice try. The rest of my time there was super awkward because we barely interacted and my mom was just there stuck in the middle. Since I moved out in June, I have only seen him once. It's great.
Im happy for you. Ignore the idiot he just wanted to hurt you by saying anything like OMG YOUR TEETH ARE SO YELLOW....*waits for you to cry* realises it doesnt cry then OMG your nose is soo big *waits again* dont ever show him your emotions...I'm happy youre strong and moved out...well done hun.

Candyheart
Learner
Learner

Post by Candyheart »

I just read all this and I really hope you are still doing well and your mom is doing better too.

I went through a situation like this with my moms boyfriend when I was little. He would get me to sit on his lap and try to rub my legs and pat my butt. I told my mom and I can't really remember what all she said or did since this was at least 10 or so years ago. I do know she told me that he was a old truck driver and that's just how they acted and he was harmless which is a bunch of crap because my half brother is a truck driver and would never do such a thing. I don't think my mom ever fully accepted the truth. My aunt acted like I just said it to try and split them up which was a lie because before he started making me feel uncomfortable I really wanted him for a step dad because my father died when I was only 4. Long story short he has never touched me again but he will still make comments about my breasts and butt in front of my mom even and I am 25 years old.... She just ignores it and it makes me mad. She always just acted like I imagined everything.

Just don't ever let him or anyone make you second guess your feelings and what you feel. Like it feels wrong than it is. It doesn't matter if it is an accident or not which I would bet 100 percent he knows what he is doing. He was playing with your head. It seems like you did the right thing. Hope everything is well.

KenPatrick
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by KenPatrick »

You must tell someone specially your mom about it.

Bloopy5
Learner
Learner

Post by Bloopy5 »

Hey, I just read this whole thread. Im really sorry you had to go through this awful and stressful situation. How are you? How have things been?

okthatscool
Lurker
Lurker

Post by okthatscool »

pandor4
Wanderer
Wanderer