Robin Gallant

Soso
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Robin Gallant

Post by Soso »

After watching her latest video i really like her.i feel the same in those situations.
So..now she not a "friend" of brittany? :|
:love2:

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

I posted about this in the Nikki thread, but based on all of the posts in the last couple of days, it sounds like Yami (and maybe Brittany?) were upset that Emily and Robin moved to another place. I honestly can't believe how much drama has seemingly unfolded from all of this -- I don't know why it's such a huge deal. And even though I liked Robin's ramble about her personality and being an introvert, the instagram post from today with the long caption just seems like overkill. Obviously she doesn't say specifically who it is, but posting about it and alluding to it just makes it even bigger than it needs to be. Why don't they just resolve it privately?

I'm also curious if Yami's talk about it in her video is directed to both Robin and Emily equally, or if it's one or the other more. Because I really just can't see how someone who perceive Robin as being a bitch, whereas I could see it more with Emily.

letmetellyou
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by letmetellyou »

i really liked robin until this LA trip. i really like yami - she seems like such a nice, caring, genuine person. seeing robin in yami's vlogs, i definitely did get a "bitchy" vibe, but only because she didn't want to be shown on camera much and didn't interact with the other girls on camera. i'm not saying she IS a bitch though, because i understand where she's coming from. i used to be accused of being a bitch because i am shy and very introverted, too, so idk..

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
TheQueenBee wrote:I posted about this in the Nikki thread, but based on all of the posts in the last couple of days, it sounds like Yami (and maybe Brittany?) were upset that Emily and Robin moved to another place. I honestly can't believe how much drama has seemingly unfolded from all of this -- I don't know why it's such a huge deal. And even though I liked Robin's ramble about her personality and being an introvert, the instagram post from today with the long caption just seems like overkill. Obviously she doesn't say specifically who it is, but posting about it and alluding to it just makes it even bigger than it needs to be. Why don't they just resolve it privately?

I'm also curious if Yami's talk about it in her video is directed to both Robin and Emily equally, or if it's one or the other more. Because I really just can't see how someone who perceive Robin as being a bitch, whereas I could see it more with Emily.
Someone said in Nikki's thread that Brittany commented on Robin's video about being singled out but I couldn't find it... maybe she deleted it? Brittany definitely seems outgoing but I can't really imagine her being loud ALL THE TIME and never leaving Robin alone? I wish we could have been flys on the wall in that first airbnb haha. Do you guys watch Yami? I never have so I'm not sure what she's like.

Robin continuing to address the situation is only going to make it worse. Drop it, girl. I wonder what the girls that live in California think of everything. They're probably so glad they had their own homes to go back to. :lol:
I didn't even know who Yami was until this whole LA fit meet up thing. I watched a bit of her stuff, and she doesn't seem special in any sort of way. I'm inclined to be more on the Robin side of thing than I am Yami, although Robin's blooming friendship with Emily has me side-eyeing.

The whole LA fit meet up thing was such a dumb idea to begin with, in my opinion. So, 15 of you fitness youtubers get together to put on this show of #fitfam for social media, like one big social media photo op, but why? I remember thinking while it was happening how high school and clique-y it seemed, like all of the cool girls getting together to stroke each others' egos. Haha, here I am with the most cynical opinion of all, oh well.

Are you guys Brittany Lesser fans? I haven't watched much of her. I saw one video where she went on this long rant (a long time ago), and just the way she talked turned me off of it.

letmetellyou
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by letmetellyou »

i like brittany. sometimes she can be a bit much, but i watch most of her videos and find her kind of funny, but awkward, too, lol.

brianne_xo
Informer
Informer

Post by brianne_xo »

maybetomorrow
Learner
Learner

Post by maybetomorrow »

I really liked Robin too until this whole LA meet up thing.... I don't know. Her vlog explaining herself and that she's an introvert is fine... I get it. I'm an introvert too. I just don't understand why you'd get a new apartment with THE most annoying girl out of the whole bunch, Em Dunc. :?

lolateveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by lolateveryone »

Last edited by lolateveryone on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolateveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by lolateveryone »

i've always thought i was the only one to find emdunc annoying... from what i have heard she flaunts her wealth quite a bit and has let her following go to her head, which i can kind of see.
i've interacted with the other 3 girls in the LA house before and honestly like all of them. robin is very genuine and smart despite having a large following. she is raking in quite a bit of money from youtube + gymshark + coaching, but she completed college and has her BA which i really respect, since it seems like a lot of fitness girls either dropped out of college, go to community college, or have a degree not pertaining to fitness (which doesn't matter but when they are coaching clients and have a nursing degree its a bit annoying to those who go to school to learn nutrition, exercise science etc.)
i just don't think you can put 4 random girls in a house and expect them to click? not to mention there was supposed to be 2 other girls there, Nikki and Elle, both of whom dropped out for other reasons.
i thought the whole idea of the meet up was dumb, honestly i think these "fit" girls let it go to their head. just because you have a following on social media doesn't mean you are a celebrity, or any one on the street would recognize you. it's just narcissistic to me, and felt like some of them were using the promise of Nikki and Jen being there to boost their own fame (even though Nikki flaked)

lolateveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by lolateveryone »

i've always thought i was the only one to find emdunc annoying... from what i have heard she flaunts her wealth quite a bit and has let her following go to her head, which i can kind of see.
i've interacted with the other 3 girls in the LA house before and honestly like all of them. robin is very genuine and smart despite having a large following. she is raking in quite a bit of money from youtube + gymshark + coaching, but she completed college and has her BA which i really respect, since it seems like a lot of fitness girls either dropped out of college, go to community college, or have a degree not pertaining to fitness (which doesn't matter but when they are coaching clients and have a nursing degree its a bit annoying to those who go to school to learn nutrition, exercise science etc.)
i just don't think you can put 4 random girls in a house and expect them to click? not to mention there was supposed to be 2 other girls there, Nikki and Elle, both of whom dropped out for other reasons.
i thought the whole idea of the meet up was dumb, honestly i think these "fit" girls let it go to their head. just because you have a following on social media doesn't mean you are a celebrity, or any one on the street would recognize you. it's just narcissistic to me, and felt like some of them were using the promise of Nikki and Jen being there to boost their own fame (even though Nikki flaked)

bumblebee33
Learner
Learner

Post by bumblebee33 »

I agree with the fact that this trip was stupid af.
The only girl out of the group that id even consider meeting would be Nikki, and that's because she's the one who basically started the whole "fitness channel" trend, and then the rest of the girls are just mini versions of her who are just trying to mimic everything she does, lol
Especially robin ... Em dunc has the rudest replies if you call her ouT on ANYTHING. In the meetup vlog at the beach her foundation lips were absolutely awful lol. I can't stand em dunc or her personality .... At least robin eats tho lol, Emily's like "I'll. Get a water and a Diet Coke " lmfao ok

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

It's actually funny when you think about it: this meet up was obviously meant to boost some of these girl's popularity, get them more 'in' fitness youtube clique, whatever, but it's actually done the opposite in causing more drama and reflecting poorly on some of them. Also love that Nikki bailed (professional or not), because I'm sure a lot of these girls just wanted to suck up to her or get in her videos for some extra hits to their channel.

bumblebee33
Learner
Learner

Post by bumblebee33 »

anyone see the shit robin gallant eats ? How do you stay lean eating the foods she eats I don't understand ... Clenbuterol cough cough

I dont even go here
Talker
Talker

Post by I dont even go here »

^^#iifym right?!? In all seriousness, I don't think she's doing gear. She has too many soft parts for me to think so.

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

Yeahhhh, like don't get me wrong, I'll check my own ass out obnoxiously too... but in the confines of my bedroom, when no one can see me doing it! I would feel like such a loser doing that. It's one thing to not care what people think, but it's another to just be that vain that you don't even care. Ha!

Also, pre-workout of a couple donuts?! Each of those is at least 300 calories?! I don't get how she can eat that and stay as slim as she does. Not saying a donut can't be a pre workout (carbs and sugars are good for that), but lately what I've seen of her diet looks kind of crappy.

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

Double post, sorry... But just watched Jeff's video and two things: 1) can't stand the white leggings, don't care who you are, straight up white is bleh and 2) Jeff has such a baby face that I feel like his body doesn't match. He's built obviously and that's awesome, but I just think he looks so young!

lolateveryone
Learner
Learner

Post by lolateveryone »

bumblebee33 wrote:anyone see the shit robin gallant eats ? How do you stay lean eating the foods she eats I don't understand ... Clenbuterol cough cough
I don't think Robin is on Clen. Her and her bf, Jeff, pride themselves on being "natural athletes". If you have been lifting for 3+ years and build a solid enough muscle base like she has, you can get away with eating shitty foods. You aren't taking into account she is probably eating 2 donuts but then not much else and staying in a caloric deficit which is why she stays lean (look at what Nikki B. eats these days...she is not the picture of "clean" eating either but she has stated she only eats 2 meals a day now). Robin also lifts heavy because of her powerlifting background, which requires a good deal of energy from foods.
I think a lot of fitness girls secretly use thermogenics/steroids like Clen, but Robin isn't one of them. (for example, Katy Hearn always looks VERY lean and cut, her face/shoulders look much different than they used to imo. I think she is someone who has begun using something recently...)

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

^^^ agreed robin is natural...katy i'm not so sure about anymore. i think katy was taking something before the arnold. robin is lean but not cut enough to suspect using.

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

Girlfriend needs to stop posting vlogs from LA. It was so long ago, and everyone's already long posted theirs! Stahp!

cat29
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cat29 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
TheQueenBee wrote:Girlfriend needs to stop posting vlogs from LA. It was so long ago, and everyone's already long posted theirs! Stahp!
Right? There comes a point where it's just not worth it to post if it's SO late. You have to be pretty full of yourself to think people care about watching something they've already watched a million times, a month ago. Everything in her video was covered in other peoples' videos so it's just kind of side-eye worthy IMO. Ever since LA, I just can't shake my annoyance/slight dislike of Robin. I LOVED her before then. I just can't take anyone who genuinely bonds with Emily Duncan seriously. That combined with her increased self-admiration and lack of effort and consistency re: YT has me second guessing how I ever liked her in the first place. What exactly does she do all day? She doesn't have a job, she never uploads, she doesn't participate in Jeff's podcasts anymore... Maybe client stuff? I'd be interested to hear from one of her clients about her response time and other details. I don't buy that her client communication and planning takes up her whole week.
Yes I completely agree! I really liked her and as soon as I saw those vlogs from LA I started liking her less and less and now I don't even watch her videos anymore. I get that she's introverted because she's told us 23987432 times but her awkward aloofness was really apparent in the other girls videos and I got the sense that she's actually really immature and this was her first time hanging out with other girls in a long time.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”