Sheare
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Grexit UK: From 'Good Body' To 'Great Billionaire' #Grifted - Part 7

Post by Sheare »

pippa98 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:19 pm
I've been lurking here for a long time so thought it was time I joined in ... there are parts of Grace that I do really like, and I think that she does have some good qualities/content. However, her whole TALA adventure, Shreddy app and all that nonsense is not part of that. It infuriates me that she won't acknowledge her privilege (if she already has, please let me know because that is something I would love to see). My dad saw the article about her on the BBC the other day (he has no idea who she was, but mentioned it to me because he thought I might watch her or something) and even he was like, she's had so much handed to her (her grandfather being a Lord, her and her 3 sisters being sent to private school, etc) and yet she pretends that she is a 'boss babe' who started these companies from the ground up. Yes it's impressive the amount of traction that these companies have gained and that is, in part, down to Grace being the face of them, but even with B_ND, she said they changed it from GraceFitUK to B_ND to stop people seeing her as the face of it...whilst plastering her face all over it? I'd be able to enjoy her if she wasn't continually being a hypocrite and contradicting herself.
Her privilege is what put me off of her tbh. I didn't like all of her vlogs about "DAY IN THE LIFE AT OXFORD." It was just obnoxious. She wears insane amounts of expensive jewelry and clothing. She talked about how she got into Oxford WITHOUT citing her connections that got her there and instead, emphasized that she "worked" hard and got the grades and shit. If only it were that simple, Grace.

She will never be able to say she's self-made. Ever. And that's not a bad thing. I'm all for wealthy people going and trying to start their own ventures to prove that they're capable to themselves, but she will never never never be as inspirational as someone who started middle or lower class and took a RISK. It's all about risk. Her? She had a money cushion if her businesses failed. The everyday person? They don't.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Oh my god, now he's had a haircut her puppy was a right mess!

Post by Guest »

Is it me or her booty looks so f* bad? Really bland and she's pulling so much her pelvis... I can't with the fact that people believe that's a fit booty instead of a fat booty... She's ridiculous.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Nmccaa95 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:15 am
Is it me or her booty looks so f* bad? Really bland and she's pulling so much her pelvis... I can't with the fact that people believe that's a fit booty instead of a fat booty... She's ridiculous.
There's a reason why she doesn't take pictures from behind in clothes other than workout leggings anymore. People would realise just how much weight she's gained and how much muscle she's lost

Post by Guest »

Nmccaa95 wrote:
Yeah she should really find someone else to model the supposed “flattering” capabilities of Tala...her pictures do NOT make me want to buy leggings (not that I ever would anyway). She doesn’t have a nice a$$ and that weird leaning-forward pose makes it look even worse

Hirtiy2
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hirtiy2 »

rancherobeans wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:54 am
Nmccaa95 wrote:
Yeah she should really find someone else to model the supposed “flattering” capabilities of Tala...her pictures do NOT make me want to buy leggings (not that I ever would anyway). She doesn’t have a nice a$$ and that weird leaning-forward pose makes it look even worse
Exactly.. it may be big but it sags downwards, so clearly isn’t muscle!

Lizzurd
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lizzurd »

rancherobeans wrote:
Nmccaa95 wrote:
Im sorry but what the heck is that second "chai latte" picture she posted on her Ig? Nobody wants to see your ass THAT zoomed in Grace. Well, the ones who do aint Tala clients anyways.

Booknerd92
Learner
Learner

Post by Booknerd92 »

Lizzurd wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:40 am
rancherobeans wrote:
Nmccaa95 wrote:
Im sorry but what the heck is that second "chai latte" picture she posted on her Ig? Nobody wants to see your ass THAT zoomed in Grace. Well, the ones who do aint Tala clients anyways.
Agree! Also those leggings are very see through, it makes me think when I see these photos - do they not wear underwear with these or a thong but even still I think you’d see a thong?

lululululemon
Learner
Learner

Post by lululululemon »

Was scrolling through the Tala feed and noticed that the models are sorta diverse but they’re all still... models? Like yeah some are plus size but they’ve all got flawless skin, no lumps or bumps (and no muscles!). I’d love to see more representation of normal women, with cellulite and hip dips, but also women who actually work out. Power lifters, climbers etc. Not Gymshark models, actual women that workout and don’t starve themselves. I’ve never seen any footage of anyone working out in Tala gear lol.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Oh here we go, who caught the glimpse of Tala BCAAs?

nomaddie
Debater
Debater

Post by nomaddie »

dietgossip wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:07 pm
oh jesus. how does this even fit her “”brand”” anymore? does she even work out nowadays? just seems so odd coming from someone who isn’t even active anymore. grace from 2 years ago, sure. grace now? makes no sense.

anesidora317
Informer
Informer

Post by anesidora317 »

Is it just me or do those lines look a bit distorted around her bum?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ellenpbj
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ellenpbj »

I just still can’t get over how she has an Instagram dedicated to showing off her house. Just when she tries to act like ‘non-privilege woke relatable boss babe’ she just can’t help but also let people know she has money.

Both Grace and her annoying ad-churning sister Flora are perhaps the most stuck up people ever. I used to work for a known London fitness event (both of them were there). And all the girls that knew of them and I spoke to just said how they constantly use people which is why they always go through so many sudden ‘new bffs’.

lululululemon
Learner
Learner

Post by lululululemon »

anesidora317 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:38 pm
Is it just me or do those lines look a bit distorted around her bum?
If it is shopped then it wasn’t worth it - I certainly don’t want my bum to look like that 🤢

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

ellenpbj wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:45 pm
I just still can’t get over how she has an Instagram dedicated to showing off her house. Just when she tries to act like ‘non-privilege woke relatable boss babe’ she just can’t help but also let people know she has money.

Both Grace and her annoying ad-churning sister Flora are perhaps the most stuck up people ever. I used to work for a known London fitness event (both of them were there). And all the girls that knew of them and I spoke to just said how they constantly use people which is why they always go through so many sudden ‘new bffs’.
That doesn't surprise me at all ngl. I wish stuff like that would come out rather than being on here though, so people would start to wake up and realise that she's using them

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

nomaddie wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:16 pm
dietgossip wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:07 pm
oh jesus. how does this even fit her “”brand”” anymore? does she even work out nowadays? just seems so odd coming from someone who isn’t even active anymore. grace from 2 years ago, sure. grace now? makes no sense.
Double post, but need to correct:

Ooops, I meant B_ND not Tala!

Sherlockhoes
Debater
Debater

Post by Sherlockhoes »

When she left/dropped from women’s best didn’t she say in a video how bcaa are not needed and a marketing strategy?

PizzaAndCats
Talker
Talker

Post by PizzaAndCats »

Sherlockhoes wrote:When she left/dropped from women’s best didn’t she say in a video how bcaa are not needed and a marketing strategy?
Oooo bet that’s one the videos she’s deleted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ihatemylife
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ihatemylife »

I completely agree with everything said above above about Grace's privilege.

At private school she went to (St Paul's), OVER HALF of students get all A*s at GSCE and around 90% of all A-level results in Grace's year were A*s. When you take this into consideration, alongside the fact she was sent to the Royal College of Music by her parents to study three instruments AND a private cathedral choir school, her getting into Oxford to study Music becomes a lot less impressive. Look, if Grace's parents have the money, then fair enough for giving her these incredible opportunities; and fair enough to Grace on cashing in on them. I can't say I wouldn't.

But at least recognise how much of a step-up you have had compared to your peers. It gets incredibly frustrating when you work so hard and never take a day off, only to get nowhere near Grace's accomplishments. Then to see her posting about how much of a 'boss babe' she is and how hard she is working, all the while taking two months off there, two weeks off here etc. I know this sounds like I'm jealous and bitter, because I am lol. Imagine what so many talented state-school educated young people would be able to do if they had the opportunities and education Grace has been given.

If she acknowledged her privilege (and if she didn't keep lying about how she only went to private school because of a "scholarship" when in fact this scholarship will have been around just £100) perhaps I would actually come to like and support her. There's no denying that she is a woman in business who is is doing quite well. But for now, almost every video she makes bragging about her success only makes me feel belittled and patronised.

aquinas
Learner
Learner

Post by aquinas »

tala used a pretty unflattering angle of grace to market the chai leggings lmao
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “GraceFitUK - Archived Threads”