Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GraceIsn'tReallyFatUK - Busy writing thicc dissertations - Part 5

Post by shishtarsalma »

Katy1992 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:31 am
Ah grace is so damn fake. Sick of her going on how she was happy being bigger and making out like being big is something to embrace yet she will happily share that vid of a girl on her twitter asking how she can get like that in 2 days. I just don’t get it one min she’s happy with her weight and the next she’s implying that she wants the figure of the girl on the vid. Also not sure if she has addressed love island and viewing it safely and mindfully like other influencers have but talking about the cast on her twitter and favouriting things by being judgemental one episode in is so wrong. The cast are people...she has such a large platform as well
ironic how shes of the people who publicly advocate mental health and rting tweets on the aftercare of love island

also threadnames? grace short plump and needy of an oxford degree that she cba to put the effort in for

PizzaAndCats
Talker
Talker

Post by PizzaAndCats »

GraceShopifyGlitchUK ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicygoss88
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spicygoss88 »

treelee wrote:
emmer_mo wrote:
dustfairy wrote: And for a humanities based subject where it's the quality of your argument rather than right/wrong type questions, if you've engaged with the content throughout the semester the lead up to exams is really not all that stressful. Or at least not stressful in this 'end of the world' type way like she's putting out. Grez if you went to tutorials and lectures and kept up to date throughout semester, it would just be a matter of reviewing everything, rather than learning it for the first time days before.
Is there no practical element in the music degree? Like playing an instrument? Or is it purely theory based?
She’s doing a purely theory based degree. Again why her degree isn’t nearly as intensive as she makes it out to be. Performance majors work hard and spend hours a day practicing even at less prestigious schools. I think her final dissertation (or whatever she called a dissertation) was about cultural appropriation in modern music. So her degree was very much humanities based just focused around musical topics.

You definitely can do performance at Oxford because the music final recitals are happening in the next couple of weeks. She has chosen not to do any performance or composing modules, which means her degree is made up of all essay based modules. She has a rep as being a very unmusical music student because she doesn't do any music outside her degree (which is apparently uncommon) and shows no real interest in listening to/performing/writing music. She also has a rep for not revising enough for mock or exams or doing enough reading for her work, meaning she has been getting away with doing the bare minimum for the whole three years. No wonder she is struggling with finals if she is having to catch up.

aceg343
Learner
Learner

Post by aceg343 »

i rlly want to know what her uni grade is going to be

mypaprika
Learner
Learner

Post by mypaprika »

Didn’t she apply for something else originally? Just seems like she didn’t care about the subject, just that it was at Oxford. No idea how the interviewers didn’t see her lack of motivation for the subject during the interview

shishtarsalma
Informer
Informer

Post by shishtarsalma »

mypaprika wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:13 am
Didn’t she apply for something else originally? Just seems like she didn’t care about the subject, just that it was at Oxford. No idea how the interviewers didn’t see her lack of motivation for the subject during the interview
i believe she wanted to study ppe at oxford but its very competitive course especially for oxbridge but she didnt get it and she also got like aab in alevels so she applied for music which she said she was still passionate about just as much probably just so she can say shes an “oxford (wo)man old sport”. thats probably explains why she doesnt do music outside of uni

but i dont see the point its better to got to another just as good uni for ppe and find a job in that area rather than music and probably have to work even longer and harder to get to a job in ppe or whatever she was interested, theres not a lot that can be done with music (correct me if im wrong (: ) i doubt she planned on becoming ig famous when choosing music therefore having a fallback plan

Pineapplekiwi
Debater
Debater

Post by Pineapplekiwi »

PizzaAndCats wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:36 am
GraceShopifyGlitchUK ?

GraceDrowningInSelfPityUK

Names_Ames
Learner
Learner

Post by Names_Ames »

GraceBL_NDuk?

I couldn’t think of a TALA pun... But I like the glitch one too!

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

GraceBusinessFailUK

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

Names_Ames wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:47 am
GraceBL_NDuk?

wait, forget mine. I like this one A LOT better haha

mypaprika
Learner
Learner

Post by mypaprika »

GraceFailingHerDegreeCauseItsHardUK

Pineapplekiwi
Debater
Debater

Post by Pineapplekiwi »

VonTrappJediMaster wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:49 am
Names_Ames wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:47 am
GraceBL_NDuk?

wait, forget mine. I like this one A LOT better haha
Second this!!

Post by Guest »

Anglesea_25 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:10 pm
The other bands are £14, these ones are £16. So, in order to donate 20% Grace has actually increased the price by 14% so it barely affects her profits :roll:
My feelings towards Grace recently went from ambivalence to annoyance, but now I am LIVID.

THANK YOU, Angelsea, for bringing this up/putting this in mathematical terms. The thing is, the 20% profit & 14% selling price increase comparison is bad enough, but if you do the full maths on this, it is not actually ‘barely affecting her profits,’ its INCREASING her profits, no matter which way you slice it :x Since Grace posted her condescending, idiotic Tweets about this, I’d like to break the maths down even further:

Let’s say her usual net profit margin (she didn’t say if she’d be donating based on gross or net profit, I’m using net because it is the ‘true’ profit and accounts for ALL expenses, including manufacturing, operations, and investment back into the company) on the £14 bands is as low as 10%: That’d make her profit £1.40 per band. At a £14 selling price per band the 20% of profit for charity on the Pride bands would be £0.28, with £1.12 for Grace. At a £16 selling price per band the profit margin increases, because the cost price per band - manufacturing, selling, site hosting, packaging, shipping incompetent customer service et cetera - will stay the same (in this example, £12.60), there is no reason for the CP for the Pride bands to be more than the usual band CP. Thus, on a £16 band the profit less CP would be £3.40 (a higher, but irrelevant for this calculation, profit margin). 20% of that would be £0.68 for charity, with £2.72 for Grace.

SO, while it is true that increasing the price of the Pride band to £16 does result in higher profit amount for the charity, it also results in a higher profit amount for Grace. This would be true no matter what the actual cost price and profit margin on the £14 bands usually is—because she is increasing the selling price by as much as 14%, while the cost price remains the same, and is offering only 20% of profit, she will always win on the bottom line, by 4x as much as the charity. You can substitute any percentage for the profit margin — 1%, 15%, 50%, 80% (I did all of these to check my maths, but won’t bore you with further calculations) — the bottom line will remain the same, the charity will make more than on a £14 SP, but so will she. If the goal of the price increase was truly solely to raise more for the charity while simultaneously keeping her own all-important bottom line the same so as to not impact the operationability of her business, she should have just offered the full £2 increase to the charity. I cannot reiterate this enough: Since the cost price of the Pride bands WILL NOT be higher, the £2 is pure profit on top of the usual profit she’d make on the £14 SP bands. Thus, while her percentage of profit on a £16 SP band would technically be lower than on a £14 SP band, this would only be because the selling price is now higher, NOT because her bottom line suddenly decreased. Her actual profit amount would remain the same as it usually is; in the 10% usual profit margin example: £12.60 CP + £1.40 Profit for Grace + £2 for the charity = £16.00, everyone wins. This is of course if it were fair for her to want to break even on her usual bottom line, when she should be offering a bit of her own profit IN ADDITION, not only to back up her virtue signalling, but because she might sell more bands than she usually would simply because it’s for Pride, and should as a show of good faith for the increased sales be willing to offer up a tiny bit of her profit margin.

Someone can check me on the above calculations, but I promise they’re correct. The ONLY way what I’ve worked out would not be true is if she meant she was offering up 20% of her gross profit (selling price less cost of product alone — which excludes operational cost + re-investment). I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt she was offering THAT, all companies that offer a percentage of profit offer a percentage of true (net) profit, since operational costs are typically high, although significantly lower in online business. It would also be incredibly stupid to do that instead of just increasing the price by £2 and then giving the charity that £2. But EVEN if it were the case that, by some miracle, she was offering 20% percent of gross profit, she will STILL be profiteering from the Pride bands and the price increase, albeit less than if she were merely offering 20% of net profit.

TL/DR: Not only is Grace not sacrificing even a teeny tiny amount of her usual £14 band profit by selling the Pride bands at £16 with 20% going to the LGBTQ+ charity, she is gaining MORE profit than she usually would on her £14 bands. Now, you could say at least the charity is still getting the 20%, which is income they would not have had otherwise, and agree, but I wanted it to be patently clear exactly what Grace stands to gain by this — it is not just increased sales overall, it is an actual higher profit amount per band. This shady bitch is literally profiteering off of Pride and LGBTQ+

Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Photosynthesis »

IAmMeMeMe wrote:
Anglesea_25 wrote: The other bands are £14, these ones are £16. So, in order to donate 20% Grace has actually increased the price by 14% so it barely affects her profits :roll:
My feelings towards Grace recently went from ambivalence to annoyance, but now I am LIVID.

THANK YOU, Angelsea, for bringing this up/putting this in mathematical terms. The thing is, the 20% profit & 14% selling price increase comparison is bad enough, but if you do the full maths on this, it is not actually ‘barely affecting her profits,’ its INCREASING her profits, no matter which way you slice it :x Since Grace posted her condescending, idiotic Tweets about this, I’d like to break the maths down even further:

Let’s say her usual net profit margin (she didn’t say if she’d be donating based on gross or net profit, I’m using net because it is the ‘true’ profit and accounts for ALL expenses, including manufacturing, operations, and investment back into the company) on the £14 bands is as low as 10%: That’d make her profit £1.40 per band. At a £14 selling price per band the 20% of profit for charity on the Pride bands would be £0.28, with £1.12 for Grace. At a £16 selling price per band the profit margin increases, because the cost price per band - manufacturing, selling, site hosting, packaging, shipping incompetent customer service et cetera - will stay the same (in this example, £12.60), there is no reason for the CP for the Pride bands to be more than the usual band CP. Thus, on a £16 band the profit less CP would be £3.40 (a higher, but irrelevant for this calculation, profit margin). 20% of that would be £0.68 for charity, with £2.72 for Grace.

SO, while it is true that increasing the price of the Pride band to £16 does result in higher profit amount for the charity, it also results in a higher profit amount for Grace. This would be true no matter what the actual cost price and profit margin on the £14 bands usually is—because she is increasing the selling price by as much as 14%, while the cost price remains the same, and is offering only 20% of profit, she will always win on the bottom line, by 4x as much as the charity. You can substitute any percentage for the profit margin — 1%, 15%, 50%, 80% (I did all of these to check my maths, but won’t bore you with further calculations) — the bottom line will remain the same, the charity will make more than on a £14 SP, but so will she. If the goal of the price increase was truly solely to raise more for the charity while simultaneously keeping her own all-important bottom line the same so as to not impact the operationability of her business, she should have just offered the full £2 increase to the charity. I cannot reiterate this enough: Since the cost price of the Pride bands WILL NOT be higher, the £2 is pure profit on top of the usual profit she’d make on the £14 SP bands. Thus, while her percentage of profit on a £16 SP band would technically be lower than on a £14 SP band, this would only be because the selling price is now higher, NOT because her bottom line suddenly decreased. Her actual profit amount would remain the same as it usually is; in the 10% usual profit margin example: £12.60 CP + £1.40 Profit for Grace + £2 for the charity = £16.00, everyone wins. This is of course if it were fair for her to want to break even on her usual bottom line, when she should be offering a bit of her own profit IN ADDITION, not only to back up her virtue signalling, but because she might sell more bands than she usually would simply because it’s for Pride, and should as a show of good faith for the increased sales be willing to offer up a tiny bit of her profit margin.

Someone can check me on the above calculations, but I promise they’re correct. The ONLY way what I’ve worked out would not be true is if she meant she was offering up 20% of her gross profit (selling price less cost of product alone — which excludes operational cost + re-investment). I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt she was offering THAT, all companies that offer a percentage of profit offer a percentage of true (net) profit, since operational costs are typically high, although significantly lower in online business. It would also be incredibly stupid to do that instead of just increasing the price by £2 and then giving the charity that £2. But EVEN if it were the case that, by some miracle, she was offering 20% percent of gross profit, she will STILL be profiteering from the Pride bands and the price increase, albeit less than if she were merely offering 20% of net profit.

TL/DR: Not only is Grace not sacrificing even a teeny tiny amount of her usual £14 band profit by selling the Pride bands at £16 with 20% going to the LGBTQ+ charity, she is gaining MORE profit than she usually would on her £14 bands. Now, you could say at least the charity is still getting the 20%, which is income they would not have had otherwise, and agree, but I wanted it to be patently clear exactly what Grace stands to gain by this — it is not just increased sales overall, it is an actual higher profit amount per band. This shady bitch is literally profiteering off of Pride and LGBTQ+
GraceB_TCHuk :p

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

aceg343
Learner
Learner

Post by aceg343 »

shishtarsalma wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 am
mypaprika wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:13 am
i believe she wanted to study ppe at oxford but its very competitive course especially for oxbridge but she didnt get it and she also got like aab in alevels so she applied for music which she said she was still passionate about just as much probably just so she can say shes an “oxford (wo)man old sport”. thats probably explains why she doesnt do music outside of uni

but i dont see the point its better to got to another just as good uni for ppe and find a job in that area rather than music and probably have to work even longer and harder to get to a job in ppe or whatever she was interested, theres not a lot that can be done with music (correct me if im wrong (: ) i doubt she planned on becoming ig famous when choosing music therefore having a fallback plan
nah she always planned just to get a degree from oxford and then go work in some big corporation like IBM (like her gap year).

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Return to “GraceFitUK - Archived Threads”