lolomago
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sarah's Day

Post by lolomago »

Hereforthedirt wrote:
lolomago wrote:His mustache is so so terrible!! It needs to go.

It's ridiculous she does these workouts, makes Kurt rice and quinoa and doesn't eat any herself! It's rice and quinoa for goodness sake they're both good sources of carbs and other nutrients! If she plans on running 5k everyday and doing a gym workout she's going to need to eat some damn carbs or she's going to lose her period in no time.

And they may have been joking but in that instastory she said she had a taste of Kurt's rice and quinoa and he called her naughty to which she replies "I know...". Even if you're joking don't put that out there, people are going to be thinking eating carbs is wrong. She drives me bonkers.
Could they have been referring to her stealing a bite of his food as being naughty? My husband gives me a hard time about eating his food.
That's a good point, didn't think of it that way!

regina_giddens
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by regina_giddens »

foxlatte wrote:I can’t be the only one to think she always lies about how much she “binges”.....I feel like she claims she binges all the time to seem relatable and like ooooh look I live a healthy lifestyle but I slip up too nobody is perfect!!! But if she actually binged nearly as much as she says there’s NO WAY she would have maintained her shredded look for soooo long. It pissed me the hell off how she constantly went on about binging but it was a blatant lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think so. If she hardly eats anything else but binges frequently it probably works out to a normal or less than normal amount of food. Which is a very sad way to live.

tt96
Talker
Talker

Post by tt96 »

youd think that with two people combined who are really into health and fitness that atleast one of them would realise her eating habits are not good

scollins18
Informer
Informer

Post by scollins18 »

Watching Kurt's vlog I found exactly where they live - bit of a privacy concern.. :gj:
:love2:

xoxococo
Learner
Learner

Post by xoxococo »

And yet another post about how much Sarah loves food. Like omg Sezzy, you are soooo unique!

:roll:

Also a perfect time to plug her non-protein balls (I love whoever came up with that haha) and Loving Earth chocolate.

Is there any way to report her for not being transparent on sponsorships/ads? Everyone else in this industry I watch does it except for her. Even Kurt! I want her to be forced to do it so people actually see how much is just sponsored content and not the “omg you’re so real!” Sezzy.

UMFoodies
Informer
Informer

Post by UMFoodies »

Haha I was going to write exactly the same thing!

And it was me who came up with the 'non protein balls' name - thanks for the compliment! :)

I can't believe yet another post about snacking (well, I can really) and how much she loves to over eat and over snack. One of the comments is from a girl who said that she now loves loving earth chocolate and has just scoffed a whole bar! surely that's not right? and yes, another chance to plug the balls and loving earth.

She really needs to get out there and find some more sponsors -but she's clearly been too busy snacking and doing hardcore exercising to manage. I'd have more respect for her if she went out and partnered with other people - other youtubers do this, they don't always stick to the same sponsors.

Any thoughts?!

Irina
Debater
Debater

Post by Irina »

I think Sarah would be really interesting for a scientific study on a) eating disorders and b) credibility/trustability/charisma.

I think its so fascinating how likeable people find her (I did it too in the beginning) and how loyal her followers are. Copying things she does even if you don't like it (training style, foodchoices), buying what she buys even if you can't afford it. I know there are a lot of influencers who have a good amount of loyal followers but she really stands out to me in that way and I really wonder how she does it. It's really an interesting phenomenon.
Please excuse my english, it's not my first language <3

foxlatte
Learner
Learner

Post by foxlatte »

Lmao in her insta story now “I hate having different schedules than Kurt because I smell his food and get hungry again!!”
Uhhh NO girl, you’re hungry again because all you ate for “dinner” was spinach and chickpeas.

MaryJane300
Talker
Talker

Post by MaryJane300 »

UMFoodies wrote:Haha I was going to write exactly the same thing!

And it was me who came up with the 'non protein balls' name - thanks for the compliment! :)

I can't believe yet another post about snacking (well, I can really) and how much she loves to over eat and over snack. One of the comments is from a girl who said that she now loves loving earth chocolate and has just scoffed a whole bar! surely that's not right? and yes, another chance to plug the balls and loving earth.

She really needs to get out there and find some more sponsors -but she's clearly been too busy snacking and doing hardcore exercising to manage. I'd have more respect for her if she went out and partnered with other people - other youtubers do this, they don't always stick to the same sponsors.

Any thoughts?!
I think being sponsored is awesome on YouTube if it comes from a company that the YouTuber had been using for a long time, because let's be honest, who wouldn't want to be sponsored by their favourite companies?

BUT:
If you really want to stay relatable, you need to understand that most of your viewers won't have the chance in their life to eat that much BS chocolate, wear nike, adidas, use zepter kitchenware, drive a BMW, etc. So the problem is not the sponsors, but the content the YouTuber has to create to hold up his end to the bargain. And this way the followers see only sponsored BS content that they cannot live, use, buy, etc. Then why bother watching it?

So I think the deals YouTubers are making with their sponsors are on certain terms that can really harm their channel, popularity and relatability.

In Sarahs Day case the food companies definitely are not contributing to solve her portion control, anorexic, binging, etc. eating disorders, so in her case they are even more harmful than just losing her true followers. But then again, if she loses some, more will follow.. :roll:

Right now it seems that Sarahs Day car, non-protein balls, tropeaka, loving earth, groceries and some of her normal and workout clothes are totally sponsored. I remember when I saw her clothes and she had like 15 sets of workout clothes I was like WTF?! I have 3 tights and 2 tops that don't even fit me... How can I relate to that?

So the problem is that she - I think - has to push these sponsored BS contents so that she gets the product, money, whatever the deal is about, and it ended up ruining and making her YT channel and Instagram looking like something a follower can never have, relate to or live.

Most people have a 8-12 hour job and they try to manage their healthy lifestyle somehow. It's the struggles that gets people together, not the sponsored fairy tale lives on YT.

For me Sarahs Day totally lost her relatibility and this might be the reason why her OGs are ending up on this forum. :rofl:
My opinion is not deleted here :love2:

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Sarah's Day

Post by lurking10 »

I’m in the Sarah’s day rants page on FB and it got to the sezzy squad that the page was running and they had an influx of about 50 people join and a few had to have they say.

A couple kept commenting on every post saying how proud they were of their sezzy and how we are all so cruel and bullies, it’s actually kind of sick, sad and disgusting how people can worship another human being that they have actually never met (or may have met for a second). I agree she’d be an interesting case study.

MaryJane300
Talker
Talker

Post by MaryJane300 »

Irina wrote:I think Sarah would be really interesting for a scientific study on a) eating disorders and b) credibility/trustability/charisma.

I think its so fascinating how likeable people find her (I did it too in the beginning) and how loyal her followers are. Copying things she does even if you don't like it (training style, foodchoices), buying what she buys even if you can't afford it. I know there are a lot of influencers who have a good amount of loyal followers but she really stands out to me in that way and I really wonder how she does it. It's really an interesting phenomenon.
Yes, you're totally right.

I think there's much more than her personality that "grabs" people, her editing is great, the music, the footage, etc.

BUT:
She lives in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, she's from a wealthy family, she lives in an area where it is really easy to find untouched spots to grab that gorgeous scenery she puts into her videos. She never really had the chance to find a 8-12 hour work as we all know that the work you do during your studies is not a "real job". So she is like untouched by the everyday struggles an average person has to deal with every day.

Then again, I would never try to mimic what she's doing, eating, etc.

I mostly watch her videos, because the area she lives is beautiful to me, and it's good to see what's going on in countries where people can enjoy and afford a colorful life. - still, I cannot relate, but for me these pictures are amazing as the nature there, is something I would really enjoy.

And about her followers. I guess they are from developed countries, mostly between 15-25 and probably still dependent on their parents. But again, there's also a layer age: 25-35 who are working already and try to follow her everyday activities, mimic her, etc. I just call them simple, easily-influenced people most of whom the online marketing mafia thrives on. I think if a person buys anything suggested by a non-professional person who is sponsored to recommend it, he/she is no better than an average person next to him/her.
My opinion is not deleted here :love2:

Sarahsnightmare
Debater
Debater

Post by Sarahsnightmare »

I think it's interesting how her sponsorships haven't grown or reached bigger brands (that we know of). I see her peers working with more interesting brands and she keeps shilling the same crap. Didn't she do an event with Adidas once? I see someone like Zanna that does workout content and shoe designs with Adidas and is flown to their headquarters. But Sarah is just stuffing powders.

Madblonde
Debater
Debater

Post by Madblonde »

scollins18 wrote:Watching Kurt's vlog I found exactly where they live - bit of a privacy concern.. :gj:
I live in the area and from the moment they moved into the apartment its been pretty obvious exactly where they live - I would be a bit more conscious of being careful there are some crazy people in the world :?

Also - I have a prediction. I think she'll get her boobs done eventually. She's always said how much she loves her small boobs but after she got her lips done I feel like theres an image she's trying to keep up and I think that will be somewhere down the line.

foxlatte
Learner
Learner

Post by foxlatte »

Loling because she definitely reads here. Her newest insta story is her talking about her diet and insisting she focuses on whole fruits and veg and SUPPLEMENTS with powders. Guys I don’t only eat powders!!! I supplement with them I swear!

scollins18
Informer
Informer

Post by scollins18 »

Now shes 'allowing' herself a day off from running/biking 5K.... maybe don't make unrealistic resolutions for yourself Sez

She's going to fall off her wagon again shortly (give it another two weeks) and a month later another PROJECT COMEBACK shall appear.
Goes on about how fitness should be a lifestyle, yet she makes all these unrealistic goals and diets up for herself which clearly aren't ever going to stick
:love2:

lurkingblob
Learner
Learner

Post by lurkingblob »

I don’t understand why she’s going on about how she’s going to make fitness her lifestyle now, wasn’t that the whole premise of her ebook?

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

I thought that was always her aim?

lurkingblob
Learner
Learner

Post by lurkingblob »

lurking10 wrote:I thought that was always her aim?
Yeah that’s what I mean. She’s talking about it now as if it’s a new thing. Which I guess isn’t surprising she seems to just cycle through the same bs over and over in the hopes that no one will realise

Sarahsnightmare
Debater
Debater

Post by Sarahsnightmare »

lurkingblob wrote:I don’t understand why she’s going on about how she’s going to make fitness her lifestyle now, wasn’t that the whole premise of her ebook?
Hey Sara, if you want to really make fitness your lifestyle then why not go back to school for kinesiology or at least get certified as a personal trainer. Then you'd at least have something to fall back on when your yt career is done. Maybe you'll even gain a little legitimacy

krishk
Learner
Learner

Post by krishk »

I think what made Sezzy so popular, is that the majority of her OG viewers (myself included) have had a past of disordered eating to some degree. What definitely made me watch her so religiously was that she was preaching the ideals I definitely had wanted before, "being shredded" but "eating heaps", I mean isn't that the dream? Since she seemed so relatable at first, I guess it was easy for her to sell me on the lifestyle ideals. However, now that I can see it's all a well fabricated facade, I definitely began to notice that she was in fact preaching disordered attitudes. It's definitely irritating seeing new followers who are as naive as I once was, kinda just want to shake them silly and tell them to snap out of her orthorexic preachings. :roll:

Return to “Sarahs Day - Archived Threads”