Sarah's Day

cowrug
Debater
Debater

Sarah's Day

Post by cowrug »

Couldn't find a thread about her so I made one. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I just watched her new video "the truth" where she says she hasn't gotten her period in three months??? She's a health and fitness youtuber! Wtf?! Why is she still trying to give advice?
Also, she only went to a naturopathic doctor...???
Does this bother anyone else?

RainySundays
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sarah's Day

Post by RainySundays »

Yes, so much. I really like her but she needs to go to an obgyn. I think her period isn't coming because she is too low in body fat and eats no carbs.

SkyLacey
Talker
Talker

Post by SkyLacey »

I admire her athleticism but after a while of watching her, she's definitely got some disordered eating thoughts going on.

wafae
Debater
Debater

Post by wafae »

This thread should be in the fitness section so it can get most participation. I use to love her channel but she has been giving me disordered vibes lately, "OMG I ate sooooo much" came to find out it was a handful of fruit and nut mix. like girl, do you know what eating so much means? she's so annoying now :roll:

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

I got into her for a hot minute there and binge watched all videos etc but I agree then she just got annoying and I was sick of hearing the same phrases all the time about not eating gluten and being dairy free etc somethings she mentioned every video and I'm like seriously

I didn't know that's what her new video is about. That's really disturbing and she needs to see a proper doctor. I haven't watched any of her videos in well over a month!

Kipper275
Learner
Learner

Post by Kipper275 »

She always goes on about how things are 'really good for balancing your hormones' yet she hasn't had her period for three months?! :roll: so much for all her health food and it's hormone balancing powers. I used to really enjoy her videos as well but I've started to find them really repetitive, and a lot of them feel like #ads rather than vlogs.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

lurking10 wrote:I got into her for a hot minute there and binge watched all videos etc but I agree then she just got annoying and I was sick of hearing the same phrases all the time about not eating gluten and being dairy free etc somethings she mentioned every video and I'm like seriously Image

I didn't know that's what her new video is about. That's really disturbing and she needs to see a proper doctor. I haven't watched any of her videos in well over a month!

That's such a good point! What was it? The flipping chia seeds or something that balance the old hormones?!

irinaaas28
Learner
Learner

Post by irinaaas28 »

I started watching her videos a few months ago when I was diagnosed with PCOS/hypothalamic amenorrhea myself. I went to 3 different endocrinologists and 2 gynecologists and they had no idea what to do to me(based on lab results LOL). So I started to educate myself. Honestly I took up her advice when it came to PCOS - like maca powder, magnesium, B vit. complex supplements + higher fat diet.. and I saw a big improvement with my symptoms. So I'll give her credit to that. Plus, I had the same lab results as her(except my testosterone is low) and I gave it a shot. I still search for a good endocrinologist though, because I can't rely on internet/fitspo advice. But you guys are right, she is kind of annoying sometimes, when I heard her say she became "bulky" in her bodybuilding phase I was LOLOLOL. Buuuut... I do appreciate her for admitting that she lost her period again due to stress(=high level of cortisol) even if she did it for the wrong reason, I would say. :)

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

^^^
I just remembered this point (and not denying she has pcos) but she never got this confirmed by a doctor only a naturopath?! Does she even see a regular doctor?

Lyanna
Debater
Debater

Post by Lyanna »

At first I thought she became annoying when she got with her boyfriend. But now that I think about it, it all went downhill with her when she decided to quit school and do youtube fulltime :? Why does everyone want to do this at one point? NOBODY wants those youtubers to quit their jobs and do youtube fulltime cause it's boring af.

QueenJolie
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenJolie »

Thank god theres a thread about this chick. I honestly find her so fucking annoying and it pisses me off that she sits there espousing health advice and acts like her life is all wellbeing and perfect health when she's clearly a compulsive binge eater and almost advocates binge eating in her videos. I haven't watched her videos in months due to the fact that she's fucking annoying and i find her outlook very toxic, but i do remember a vlog of her being with her family and when they made beef chill or something one night she refused to eat with them then late at night she snuck to the fridge and ate all the whole bowl of leftovers while standing up at the fridge. And when she promotes herself eating no carbs during the day then binging on 1kg bag of frozen mango and like 6 granola bars at midnight? And she sits acting like it's normal? It pisses me off, she's no role model, she's fake. She clearly has LOADS of issues and no balance in her life. It pisses me off that she's spreading such an unhealthy message to her young impressionable female fans while masking herself as being the image of health and fitspo. She clearly has a lot of disordered eating patterns/thoughts.

Oh and lol her voice and the same shit she repeats all the time is so god damn annoying, idk how anyone handles watching her so much.
'Isn't slough a funny word?'

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

^^^ yup about the food! I remember when she had her wisdom teeth out and she had to had a small tub of custard before she left but she refused and said she would only eat a banana because #shredlife and she's always doing "project comebacks" how's it a healthy LIFE if you are always doing comebacks?

She has no actual diagnosed reason either to say she shouldn't eat dairy and gluten but goes on so much about it! I briefly checked out her Bali vlogs and of course she went on about her sensitive stomach and how she knows she will get sick over there

QueenJolie
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenJolie »

lurking10 wrote:^^^ yup about the food! I remember when she had her wisdom teeth out and she had to had a small tub of custard before she left but she refused and said she would only eat a banana because #shredlife and she's always doing "project comebacks" how's it a healthy LIFE if you are always doing comebacks?

She has no actual diagnosed reason either to say she shouldn't eat dairy and gluten but goes on so much about it! I briefly checked out her Bali vlogs and of course she went on about her sensitive stomach and how she knows she will get sick over there
LMAO exactly! I don't even watch her videos anymore so I wouldn't know any updates in her life or whatever bullshit she does in vlogs but she's just one of those idiots who rides the social media health wave of 'AnTI GLuteN!!!! n0 DaiRY!!! zERO CArbz!!' she's full of shit lol. she just wants to imitate all the crap she sees on social media (like all those bullshit smoothie powders that are so hyped up and over priced which she ceaselessly promotes to her stupid impressionable fans) and make it appear like she's doing something soo new and healthy.

& lol @ the 'comebacks' soo true! If you claim to be so healthy and balanced yet you need to restart your diet every week with a comeback what does that make you? not a role model, and not someone who's got their shit together clearly. it makes you an out of control binge eater with a superiority complex.
all her 'health' bs and her whole channel in general is a sham, simply because she clearly only pursues so called 'healthy habits' as a means for her aesthetic purposes or goals.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

Out of control binge eater with a superiority complex omg! Spot on!

And everything she says now annoys me if she says #domesticprincess one more time...

happyheart15
Informer
Informer

Post by happyheart15 »

She's started to annoy me so much. The fruit and nut mix, the hand under her chin making the cutesy face, the pointing her camera at something and also pointing her finger at the same thing, the only wearing fitness clothes, the super long instagram stories, showing her boyfriend too much. I see myself unfollowing her soon.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

Hahaha all those things. Like get some new ideas mate

butterybiscuitspread
Informer
Informer

Post by butterybiscuitspread »

she is starting another 'comeback' lol :D she posted a pic on her IG when she is obviously not flexing and probably holding on to a bit of water weight and says that she is now starting from scratch :D wtf just 1 week ago she was posting photos of her abs and now she's apparently starting from scratch. does she not realize that 3 days of eating better and she will look just as normal and she does not need to do a whole comeback series after every freaking holiday :roll:

QueenJolie
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenJolie »

^^^^

LMFAAO on point! people who live a REAL genuine healthy lifestyle don't suddenly restart their journeys 8 times a year. It's called a journey for a reason. Just more proof that she only does this to manipulate her appearance and probably dreams about binging on junk all day long. Just proof to show that going paleo, cutting carbs, 'never eating bread again', over exercising and basically just following sarah's diet leads to endless ups and downs, mental conflict, food guilt, and out of control binges. Who the fuck looks at that as some sort of wellbeing fitspo role model?

This caption on her instagram recently made me laugh (under some lame pic of a banana and her gross ass nut mix or whatever the fuck)

She basically exposes herself lol. Compare her to a fitness blogger like tammy hembrow for example, who has no problem in admitting progress is not linear and still eats treats here and there, keeping her diet balanced. She doesn't talk a bunch of shit about 'WEEK 1!!! RESTART MY JOURNEY!!!! ENTIRE DIET OVERHAUL!!!!!' thats just a general comparison of an exaggerating shit talker like sarah to someone more realistic. I feel sorry for any females watching her videos who get influenced by her unhealthy relationship with food and the comments she makes about it.

QueenJolie
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenJolie »

This was the caption btw

macro friendly
Informer
Informer

Post by macro friendly »

I had to actually stop watching her videos and unfollower her social media because she was triggering past ED thoughts, and I am someone that is not easily triggered. It was when I watched a vlog where she basically scolded herself for eating fruit and nut mix as it was 'naughty' and I was like yep, I'm done here

Return to “Sarahs Day - Archived Threads”