afk2001
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Shady Katy Hearn - Part 5

Post by afk2001 »

TheQueenBee wrote:
Stacie16 wrote:
TheQueenBee wrote:
becausescience wrote:I also think it’s kinda shitty to compare her to someone who has a six pack after giving birth. That’s not realistic for most women, even ones who are really into fitness. I know I’m in the minority here though. I guess it’s because I fully expected her to milk the postpartum thing and try to make money off of her “bounce back”, but she didn’t and isn’t even trying to make postpartum plans so that’s refreshing and I just think it’s kinda crappy to talk about someone’s body who just had a baby. But anyways, I totally agree that it’s how she makes her money and she just doesn’t seem into it anymore. She dug herself a hole by not having any backup plans once the fitness thing fizzled out. Now they’re relying on shelling out as many challenges as they still can, and selling stupid products like a fat burner :roll:
I agree with you. If she was working out hard and posting about it, and taking body shots, I'm sure she would get criticism for being too self involved and not caring about her baby.

Obviously this is a gossip forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion (and I do understand what y'all are saying about it being her job), but I just think it's a wonderful thing that she has the means to focus all her energy on her newborn. It's a privilege I think many new mothers would love to have, but can't because they don't have the money and resources. And if anything, her as a mother who doesn't lose the weight immediately may make her brand more relatable - just a thought.

Most mothers are going back to there full time job plus raising a family and maybe even able to fit in gym time. Katy has nothing else going on but want you to buy her supplements and equipment with her name on it. Seeing that she doesn’t even post any videos or photos of herself using her supplements or products, why should anybody else buy them? She’s not even getting into shape, so why would anyone want to purchase anything from her? She may receive criticism for getting into shape to fast but at least she’d inspire some people and it’s what sells her products. She’s not doing anything to keep her followers interested in her. People follow her for her fitness. Once she looses her followers, which will happen because there is always someone newer and better, they won't have an income.
I'd suggest that it isn't as common as you're saying regarding moms returning to work and fitness - maternity leave usually lasts a lot longer than just a couple months, and oftentimes mom will stay home for longer if the family has the means to do so.

As for the other part, I'd say that there are tons of fitness products, equipment, supplements out there, and the likelihood that all of the people behind it are fit and match the 'image' is extremely low. I understand Katy has been a big part of her brand, but I actually think they have done a relatively good job of making their brands sustainable away from Katy, the IG fitness chick. That's just my perception though, maybe I'm wrong. It just seems that her challenges, Bite meals, the supplements, the equipment have taken off to the extent that they don't rely on her having a six pack. It seems she hasn't really been that big on the IG fitness scene for awhile... but again, I don't know.
I haven’t known too many moms that can take more than 6-8 weeks of maternity leave off in the US. I guess some are lucky enough to take extended time off.

I agree that the second part of what you said in regards to her having established her brand and not needing to get back to taking so many ass shots to gain followers and what not.

TheQueenBee
Informer
Informer

Post by TheQueenBee »

afk2001 wrote:
TheQueenBee wrote:
Stacie16 wrote:
TheQueenBee wrote:
becausescience wrote:I also think it’s kinda shitty to compare her to someone who has a six pack after giving birth. That’s not realistic for most women, even ones who are really into fitness. I know I’m in the minority here though. I guess it’s because I fully expected her to milk the postpartum thing and try to make money off of her “bounce back”, but she didn’t and isn’t even trying to make postpartum plans so that’s refreshing and I just think it’s kinda crappy to talk about someone’s body who just had a baby. But anyways, I totally agree that it’s how she makes her money and she just doesn’t seem into it anymore. She dug herself a hole by not having any backup plans once the fitness thing fizzled out. Now they’re relying on shelling out as many challenges as they still can, and selling stupid products like a fat burner :roll:
I agree with you. If she was working out hard and posting about it, and taking body shots, I'm sure she would get criticism for being too self involved and not caring about her baby.

Obviously this is a gossip forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion (and I do understand what y'all are saying about it being her job), but I just think it's a wonderful thing that she has the means to focus all her energy on her newborn. It's a privilege I think many new mothers would love to have, but can't because they don't have the money and resources. And if anything, her as a mother who doesn't lose the weight immediately may make her brand more relatable - just a thought.
Most mothers are going back to there full time job plus raising a family and maybe even able to fit in gym time. Katy has nothing else going on but want you to buy her supplements and equipment with her name on it. Seeing that she doesn’t even post any videos or photos of herself using her supplements or products, why should anybody else buy them? She’s not even getting into shape, so why would anyone want to purchase anything from her? She may receive criticism for getting into shape to fast but at least she’d inspire some people and it’s what sells her products. She’s not doing anything to keep her followers interested in her. People follow her for her fitness. Once she looses her followers, which will happen because there is always someone newer and better, they won't have an income.
I'd suggest that it isn't as common as you're saying regarding moms returning to work and fitness - maternity leave usually lasts a lot longer than just a couple months, and oftentimes mom will stay home for longer if the family has the means to do so.

As for the other part, I'd say that there are tons of fitness products, equipment, supplements out there, and the likelihood that all of the people behind it are fit and match the 'image' is extremely low. I understand Katy has been a big part of her brand, but I actually think they have done a relatively good job of making their brands sustainable away from Katy, the IG fitness chick. That's just my perception though, maybe I'm wrong. It just seems that her challenges, Bite meals, the supplements, the equipment have taken off to the extent that they don't rely on her having a six pack. It seems she hasn't really been that big on the IG fitness scene for awhile... but again, I don't know.
I haven’t known too many moms that can take more than 6-8 weeks of maternity leave off in the US. I guess some are lucky enough to take extended time off.

I agree that the second part of what you said in regards to her having established her brand and not needing to get back to taking so many ass shots to gain followers and what not.
Hmm, I'm honestly not sure. I'm Canadian, and people I know who have gone on maternity leave typically stop working around 7 months and don't return to work for around a 10 months - a year. Maybe that's not typical though.

jbells
Informer
Informer

Post by jbells »

The States are super behind the times wrt paid maternity leave: http://womenandtech.com/infographic-pai ... ity-leave/

Grateful to be Canadian!

fitnessinstathot
Talker
Talker

Post by fitnessinstathot »

The United states, The GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET USA! USA! :roll: Okay its not that bad, but frick in some ways like really?

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by alliezee »

I see people on Facebook asking about her balance supplement all the time and I don't understand what possesses people to constantly think taking a hormone supplement is a good idea. If you think weight gain may be attributed to hormone imbalance, see a doctor. If you think acne may be caused by hormone imbalances... go to a dermatologist. Relying on a fitspo thot's hormone supplements is just insane to me as a concept. No shit messing with your hormones is going to cause issues.

notyourcupoftea
Informer
Informer

Post by notyourcupoftea »

So I started taking CBD oil a month ago but wanted to switch to capsules due to the oil being 200 calories and 28g of fat. The only other brand the supp shop I go to had that had capsules was Katy's Onyx & Rose brand (even though we all know it isn't really HER business). Anyway, with the oil I was getting 16mg per day. I got a box of 25mg capsules and I don't feel ANY different than I did when I was taking 16mg of the other brand of oil. :/ Maybe it takes longer to feel better? I'm not sure. I just figured adding 9mg would make a difference...

FakinFakinFakin
Informer
Informer

Post by FakinFakinFakin »

notyourcupoftea wrote:So I started taking CBD oil a month ago but wanted to switch to capsules due to the oil being 200 calories and 28g of fat. The only other brand the supp shop I go to had that had capsules was Katy's Onyx & Rose brand (even though we all know it isn't really HER business). Anyway, with the oil I was getting 16mg per day. I got a box of 25mg capsules and I don't feel ANY different than I did when I was taking 16mg of the other brand of oil. :/ Maybe it takes longer to feel better? I'm not sure. I just figured adding 9mg would make a difference...
I use Bluebird Botanicals CBD oil as needed when my anxiety is really bad. It helps break the cycle of anxiety for me and eases my compulsive thoughts but I don't feel anything, if that makes sense. I'm not sure what you're taking it for but I'd recommend that brand. I've always used the oil and put it under my tongue.

notyourcupoftea
Informer
Informer

Post by notyourcupoftea »

FakinFakinFakin wrote:
notyourcupoftea wrote:So I started taking CBD oil a month ago but wanted to switch to capsules due to the oil being 200 calories and 28g of fat. The only other brand the supp shop I go to had that had capsules was Katy's Onyx & Rose brand (even though we all know it isn't really HER business). Anyway, with the oil I was getting 16mg per day. I got a box of 25mg capsules and I don't feel ANY different than I did when I was taking 16mg of the other brand of oil. :/ Maybe it takes longer to feel better? I'm not sure. I just figured adding 9mg would make a difference...
I use Bluebird Botanicals CBD oil as needed when my anxiety is really bad. It helps break the cycle of anxiety for me and eases my compulsive thoughts but I don't feel anything, if that makes sense. I'm not sure what you're taking it for but I'd recommend that brand. I've always used the oil and put it under my tongue.
I tried to order from them but my bank thought it was fraud due to being based in the UK. I take CBD oil for accute anxiety but mostly started taking it to see if it would help my mood swings. Hope it’s not a placebo effect but seems to be working so far. I’m no longer irritated at the smallest dumb things my BF does anymore and work no longer stresses me out.

Allisonrosee
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Allisonrosee »

Does anyone have any of her fitness plans they’d be willing to send me? :)

sunday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sunday »

ok a bunch of random thoughts here cuz I haven't been around here in a bit!!

1. I'm pleasantly surprised by Katy's postpartum IG posting. She's not obsessively posting and clearly is spending a lot of time away from her phone doing baby and regular life things. My baby is 3 weeks younger than Axel & the only time I go on instagram and social media now is when baby is breastfeeding cuz otherwise I just don't have time. But it seems like so many fitness moms are OBSESSED with constantly posting, trying to be super motivational and inspirational with long spiels, etc. Katy posts about the businesses and responds to some comments but actually takes breaks

2. I think it's so ridiculous how many supplements they're making when her entire social media lifetime, she essentially said they're pointless. Pathetic money grabbing but when you have obsessive fangirls desperate to give you money...I guess you kind of HAVE to capitalize on it??

3. how do you think they afford all this shit?

Their monthly mortgage, 2 car payments (probably), expensive AF health insurance because they're small business owners (trust me, it ain't a pretty situation, I'm dealing with it too), regular bills....

but then: monthly gym lease, all the $ to keep their websites running, the people they pay way too much for to design their apps and websites, all the baby things like $650 crib, $600 strollers, car seats, the $1100 bassinet, new $3000k+ couch, Gucci slippers she was wearing the other day, Gucci sneakers Haydn wore for thanksgiving, the trendy $30 cotton baby onesies, Pottery Barn holiday decor (I remember an IG post a few Xmases ago where she had a bunch of giant PB boxes saying their decor came), vacations

do they somehow have a lot of cash? do they somehow have ridic lines of credit?! Where do they get the $ from it makes no sense to me

4. her fangirls have somehow become even more entitled out of nowhere. Notice on her thanksgiving post it's littered with comments like "I need to know where thisproduct is from" really, you NEED to know what boots exactly she's wearing? You're really going to buy every item you're demanding info on? Calm the fuck down

5. there were a few comments comparing Katy to Hannah Bower. I follow HB too and while social media fitness is both of their jobs, HB dedicates her entire life to instagram posting. Pre pregnancy, during, and after she posts A LOT a lot more than Katy ever did. She takes herself super seriously (So much so that she's constantly being overly defensive) and is really preachy. I like HB and think she's a genuine person, but she's clearly made instagram a top priority and Katy never has. Which is completely fine, do what you wanna do. If I were a Katy superfan, I'd be annoyed especially if I was shelling out a lot of $ for her plans and products but they don't seem to complain about her lack of presence (which is weird)

sunday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sunday »

oops and I forgot, also impressed she's not jumping on the ig fitness girl ~~breast implant illness~~ trend lol

it's so ridiculous that all of a sudden all of these girls are claiming they have all these awful symptoms and it just has to be because of their implants, then their lives change dramatically when they get them taken out (like Em Dunc, Brit Lesser)

but I wouldn't be surprised if she got her implants downsized post breastfeeding, because she seems really uncomfortable and not confident because of how freaking giant they are right now. She's wearing big shirts all the time now and it seems like she feels dowdy because of it

Vodkab4noon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Vodkab4noon »

Does anyone think it's extremely gross that Haydn keeps posting videos of their dogs shitting in the house? It's not cute or funny, it's disgusting.

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

Vodkab4noon wrote:Does anyone think it's extremely gross that Haydn keeps posting videos of their dogs shitting in the house? It's not cute or funny, it's disgusting.
He blocked me so I don't follow, but yeah, that's gross. Also it's displaying their own weakness as pet owners, which I doubt he gets. I'm sure their already untrained dogs are feeling somewhat displaced after baby came along, but Haydn just thinks it's amusing.

Vodkab4noon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Vodkab4noon »

Shady Katy & Haydn The Intellectual

siggypink23
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by siggypink23 »

Lmao Haydn the Intellectual. So true. He posted some garbage on Kevin Hart's post like, "@cthagod said it best, 'When they can't touch who you've become, they try to dig up who you used to be. Don't stop growing. Stop listening!" LMFAO. I genuinely despise him. He's the reason why I'm here, I don't mind Katy.

sunday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sunday »

Medicalfield wrote:To the person who mention HB.... someone recently attached Hannah via her DM... clearly one of Katy’s minions because everyone is talking about what bomb Hannah looks!!

lol how is Katy more entertaining, she barely posts ??

brianne_xo
Informer
Informer

Post by brianne_xo »

sunday wrote:
3. how do you think they afford all this shit?

do they somehow have a lot of cash? do they somehow have ridic lines of credit?! Where do they get the $ from it makes no sense to me
Well, prior to their app (not sure if they increased how many girls join or not) they took in about 1,000 girls per challenge. The challenge is $200. So that’s $200,000. Four challenges a year, that’s $800,000/yr. JUST from challenges. Let alone the promos ($100/each) , build a booty ($50/each), gym memberships, KH merch, Onyx & Rose, BITE, Alani. They are def. not hurting for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

invasionsucexxy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by invasionsucexxy »

Her baby is soo cute.

Return to “Katy Hearn - Archived Threads”