Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Locked
Boo-shit
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Boo-shit » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:46 pm

mandicoot wrote:
fritzness wrote:TBH I think turning to Twitch is pretty smart, all things considered. She's a homebody who loves video games, has a pretty face, and a humorous personality. I haven't watched her yet, but I will likely give it a try. I mean as much as I'd hate to see her not do as much YT/Fitness, a person's gotta do what they enjoy and are suited for.
I agree. Ive watched her a tiny bit. Although, I do find it quite comical that she dolls herself up with hair and makeup for twitch, but youtube gets her slobby side. Lmao

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
LMAO! Good for her, maybe this is more her thing now

Thoserulesarent real
Debater
Debater
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Thoserulesarent real » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:14 pm

At first I was rooting for Nikki during her mini come back and thought she just lost herself but was on the way back to improving and giving Heidi the last laugh. Now I'm pretty sure her fitness days are numbered and soon she probably won't work out much. I don't think she was ever that athletic fitness girl and it was just a fad.

KlingonFitUK
Learner
Learner
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by KlingonFitUK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:47 pm

I’m kinda happy for her if she’s taking twitch seriously. Part of me still sees hours of spent playing video games as wasted, but world is changing. There’s people making good living just playing games, heck even my husband watches people play on tv at times.

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by ScienceRules » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:24 pm

I stream, I watch people stream (subbed to Jaz/Nikki, because they deserve it), and I have been involved in the gaming community for 9 years. It's a good community and tons of gamers make a living off of streaming while maintaining a healthy lifestyle (ie: Bajheera WoW, Warcraft Jen, Ducksauce, Valkyrae and a few other lovely people!). Yes, most of us gamers are fat (I go to conventions every year, lol) but there are a few of us who work out and take care of ourselves. And due to new incentive to get fit (gameified fitness apps, video games with movement like VR and dance games), tons of my friends are losing weight who are bariatric. It's actually incredibly motivating and warms my heart!

I know y'all love Nikki for her fitness, but she's a pretty good streamer (could interact with audience more, less tunnel vision but that's common with new gamers). I think this is a good alternative for her both for her income & for her sanity.

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by ScienceRules » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm

I stream, I watch people stream (subbed to Jaz/Nikki, because they deserve it), and I have been involved in the gaming community for 9 years. It's a good community and tons of gamers make a living off of streaming while maintaining a healthy lifestyle (ie: Bajheera WoW, Warcraft Jen, Ducksauce, Valkyrae and a few other lovely people!). Yes, most of us gamers are fat (I go to conventions every year, lol) but there are a few of us who work out and take care of ourselves. And due to new incentive to get fit (gameified fitness apps, video games with movement like VR and dance games), tons of my friends are losing weight who are bariatric. It's actually incredibly motivating and warms my heart!

I know y'all love Nikki for her fitness, but she's a pretty good streamer (could interact with audience more, less tunnel vision but that's common with new gamers). I think this is a good alternative for her both for her income & for her sanity.

User avatar
chubbybunny
Informer
Informer
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by chubbybunny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 pm

I haven’t watched her streams but good for her for finding something she actually enjoys doing.
Thoserulesarent real wrote:At first I was rooting for Nikki during her mini come back and thought she just lost herself but was on the way back to improving and giving Heidi the last laugh. Now I'm pretty sure her fitness days are numbered and soon she probably won't work out much. I don't think she was ever that athletic fitness girl and it was just a fad.
Guess Nikki is back on mile one.

User avatar
Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:41 am
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Healthyish85 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 am

I have zero interest in gaming but tbh i'm happy for Nikki if she's really getting into it - it's clear that she's ready to move onto other things than fitness and if she can make good $$ off it too, hey whatevs.

I know some people will say "so?!" but i honestly think Nikki associates a hardcore fitness lifestyle too much with her past life...she started getting into it when she was 'friends' with heidi ho and obviously her life with CG was 99% fitness related. I just can't blame her if she doesn't want that to be the center of her life anymore - i get why OG fans may not like that but it's not really enjoyable to watch someone try to love something that they no longer care about.

Thoserulesarent real
Debater
Debater
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Thoserulesarent real » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:02 am

I'm not saying that she should keep on pushing herself to be into fitness if she's not. But I guess I've just given up hope that she will get back on track and become motivated to get back to where she was before. I think the pop up shop probably made her realize that she doesn't care to be number one in the fitness industry anymore and that she will never be back to being super fit like Robin or Whitney.

User avatar
Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2703
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:41 am
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Healthyish85 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:24 am

Thoserulesarent real wrote:I'm not saying that she should keep on pushing herself to be into fitness if she's not. But I guess I've just given up hope that she will get back on track and become motivated to get back to where she was before. I think the pop up shop probably made her realize that she doesn't care to be number one in the fitness industry anymore and that she will never be back to being super fit like Robin or Whitney.
I think that probably helps solidify it but she's been saying for over a year now that she has zero plans to ever compete again and doesn't think it's healthy at all. I think she probably just wants to work out now to stay somewhat fit and keep her butt LOL!

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3198
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:25 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Spid » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:30 am

I think people are reading way too much into it. She's probably just using twitch to make a bit of cash doing something that she'd do anyway, I doubt it'll stop her going to the gym for an hour a day. Hardly breaking news that she doesn't want to be shredded like she used to be.

rogueness
Learner
Learner
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 10:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by rogueness » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:35 am

Not surprised Nikki is into gaming. Gamers are the laziest people I know. Some of them never see daylight.

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by ScienceRules » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:03 am

rogueness wrote:Not surprised Nikki is into gaming. Gamers are the laziest people I know. Some of them never see daylight.
LOL WHAT? That's a load of shit. Stop putting your stereotypes onto gamers, it's not true at all.

User avatar
Photosynthesis
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:47 am
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Photosynthesis » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:18 am

Is there a difference between gamers and people who game lol? Because I know people who game and the have normal life. They just game when I waste my time on here and YouTube.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mandicoot
Informer
Informer
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:55 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by mandicoot » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 am

ScienceRules wrote:
rogueness wrote:Not surprised Nikki is into gaming. Gamers are the laziest people I know. Some of them never see daylight.
LOL WHAT? That's a load of shit. Stop putting your stereotypes onto gamers, it's not true at all.
Lol thats like saying everyone who smokes weed is lazy and sleeps all day. Its just not true at all....

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by ScienceRules » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:19 am

mandicoot wrote:
ScienceRules wrote:
rogueness wrote:Not surprised Nikki is into gaming. Gamers are the laziest people I know. Some of them never see daylight.
LOL WHAT? That's a load of shit. Stop putting your stereotypes onto gamers, it's not true at all.
Lol thats like saying everyone who smokes weed is lazy and sleeps all day. Its just not true at all....

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
But mandicoot, their confirmation bias is so strong because of memes and negative stereotypes in the media :? :?

Sigh, as an active gamer who is pursuing a PhD in medical science, it is extremely unsettling that people still hold these views when it's been clinically proven that video games improve mental acuity and dexterity. If only they saw the people who develop games... I have tons of friends who work at different game studios and all of them are active. Blizzard's Anaheim campus (Company that created Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Heroes of the Storm & Hearthstone) even has a gym, multiple strongman/powerlifting classes held every week and an outdoor volleyball court on campus.

hashtaggoals
Debater
Debater
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:24 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by hashtaggoals » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:33 am

She said, "the laziest people I know."

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by [shesaidit] » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:03 pm

Meh, I know lazy gamers and motivated gamers. Some make tons and are organized and some are barely employed and live in their parent's basement. Also game development =/= to gaming. It's essentially coding and a relatively traditional job, gaming is not. Point is, Nikki is a lazy individual who likes to never leave her apartment. She'll totally capitalize on the stereotype. Good for her if she doesn't want to do fitness, but she'll lose tons of followers like me who could care less about gaming. No thanks, I've wasted plenty of hours of my life watching my friends game growing up. Maybe there's an even bigger untapped market there, idk, but I will not be moving over to that realm and suspect there are more of me.

ScienceRules
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by ScienceRules » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm

treelee wrote:Meh, I know lazy gamers and motivated gamers. Some make tons and are organized and some are barely employed and live in their parent's basement. Also game development =/= to gaming. It's essentially coding and a relatively traditional job, gaming is not. Point is, Nikki is a lazy individual who likes to never leave her apartment. She'll totally capitalize on the stereotype. Good for her if she doesn't want to do fitness, but she'll lose tons of followers like me who could care less about gaming. No thanks, I've wasted plenty of hours of my life watching my friends game growing up. Maybe there's an even bigger untapped market there, idk, but I will not be moving over to that realm and suspect there are more of me.
All game developers are gamers, and not all game developers are coders. :tu: I also don't think she expects people interested in fitness to follow her there.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by [shesaidit] » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:22 pm

ScienceRules wrote:
treelee wrote:Meh, I know lazy gamers and motivated gamers. Some make tons and are organized and some are barely employed and live in their parent's basement. Also game development =/= to gaming. It's essentially coding and a relatively traditional job, gaming is not. Point is, Nikki is a lazy individual who likes to never leave her apartment. She'll totally capitalize on the stereotype. Good for her if she doesn't want to do fitness, but she'll lose tons of followers like me who could care less about gaming. No thanks, I've wasted plenty of hours of my life watching my friends game growing up. Maybe there's an even bigger untapped market there, idk, but I will not be moving over to that realm and suspect there are more of me.
All game developers are gamers, and not all game developers are coders. :tu: I also don't think she expects people interested in fitness to follow her there.
I was thinking bigger picture. I know people who work xbox division and are definitely not gamers. :roll:

User avatar
HoardganizedJen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Posts: 10706
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 2510 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by HoardganizedJen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:13 pm

Please keep the discussion related to Nikki. Strictly gaming can be discussed in the OT thread. :tu:

Also, I think a lot of you are giving Nikki a lot of credit... as usual :lol: Just because she made a Twitch account and is streaming regularly doesn't mean she's going to stick with it? I'm sure she'll go MIA on Twitch within a few weeks. She might enjoy gaming but I don't think ANYTHING she does or likes outweighs her laziness and lack of commitment.

redfrog
Learner
Learner
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:05 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by redfrog » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Not to offend anyone into gaming, I have nothing against gaming, but Nikki's channel is supposed to be about fitness. I think it's fine if she wants to do something else but I think it's kind of irritating to watch her get praised by Gymshark and rewarded with not one but TWO clothing lines when she hasn't been that into fitness in over a year.

She barely even talks about working out now and while I enjoy her personality I find of her hard to relate to now because I'm not into gaming. She is going to lose her fanbase really quick because I'm sure fitness is the reason most people started following her to begin with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is its no fun watching her ride out this fitness wave and live in a luxury LA apartment whilst complaining about how she's not into the very thing that got her to that point. I barely watch her videos now because I want to watch fitness videos. I'm not a Heidi fan but I'm more inclined to watch something from her because she genuinely seems to enjoy fitness and talks about it in her videos. Nikki seems ungrateful for everything she has now.

Also a lot of people seem to say, about a lot of social media fitness girls, is that "they have been working out for so long they are sick of it of course they want to share something else!" That's cool but they probably should not be representing a fitness brand anymore then?
Last edited by redfrog on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chubbybunny
Informer
Informer
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by chubbybunny » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:27 pm

Even though Nikki never ate vegetables, I miss her FDOEs.

Thoserulesarent real
Debater
Debater
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Thoserulesarent real » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:21 pm

redfrog wrote:Not to offend anyone into gaming, I have nothing against gaming, but Nikki's channel is supposed to be about fitness. I think it's fine if she wants to do something else but I think it's kind of irritating to watch her get praised by Gymshark and rewarded with not one but TWO clothing lines when she hasn't been that into fitness in over a year.

She barely even talks about working out now and while I enjoy her personality I find of her hard to relate to now because I'm not into gaming. She is going to lose her fanbase really quick because I'm sure fitness is the reason most people started following her to begin with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is its no fun watching her ride out this fitness wave and live in a luxury LA apartment whilst complaining about how she's not into the very thing that got her to that point. I barely watch her videos now because I want to watch fitness videos. I'm not a Heidi fan but I'm more inclined to watch something from her because she genuinely seems to enjoy fitness and talks about it in her videos. Nikki seems ungrateful for everything she has now.

Also a lot of people seem to say, about a lot of social media fitness girls, is that "they have been working out for so long they are sick of it of course they want to share something else!" That's cool but they probably should not be representing a fitness brand anymore then?
Personally I don't care to see people actually working out because I feel like I already know what doesn't doesn't work for me. But I understand how a lot of girls would like to watch that kind a video for inspiration. But even if she were to put out a haul or a vlog or a question and answer I would watch it but she can't even do that.

redfrog
Learner
Learner
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:05 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by redfrog » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Thoserulesarent real wrote:
redfrog wrote:Not to offend anyone into gaming, I have nothing against gaming, but Nikki's channel is supposed to be about fitness. I think it's fine if she wants to do something else but I think it's kind of irritating to watch her get praised by Gymshark and rewarded with not one but TWO clothing lines when she hasn't been that into fitness in over a year.

She barely even talks about working out now and while I enjoy her personality I find of her hard to relate to now because I'm not into gaming. She is going to lose her fanbase really quick because I'm sure fitness is the reason most people started following her to begin with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is its no fun watching her ride out this fitness wave and live in a luxury LA apartment whilst complaining about how she's not into the very thing that got her to that point. I barely watch her videos now because I want to watch fitness videos. I'm not a Heidi fan but I'm more inclined to watch something from her because she genuinely seems to enjoy fitness and talks about it in her videos. Nikki seems ungrateful for everything she has now.

Also a lot of people seem to say, about a lot of social media fitness girls, is that "they have been working out for so long they are sick of it of course they want to share something else!" That's cool but they probably should not be representing a fitness brand anymore then?
Personally I don't care to see people actually working out because I feel like I already know what doesn't doesn't work for me. But I understand how a lot of girls would like to watch that kind a video for inspiration. But even if she were to put out a haul or a vlog or a question and answer I would watch it but she can't even do that.
Yea I don't really watch the actual workout footage so much but she's just not living a "fit" lifestyle anymore which is what I like and can relate to. And yea her content in general right now is just to blah and not interesting.. she seems to have just given up :/. I started watching because even if it's just a vlog, before you would see her talk about what lunch or snack she's having or pick up a small tip here and there because it's in the vlog since that is her life... why would I want to watch her now, for gaming tips?

Ugh I mean she should do what she likes but it's disappointing.

Cp3p0
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:10 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Nikki "Finally on Mile 2" Blackketter - Part 11

Post by Cp3p0 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:07 pm

Pretty sure I haven’t seen one video from her dedicated to gaming. I just know about it because I watch twitch and she’s mentioned it briefly. I hate to say it but Jens probably right, she won’t stay dedicated to any schedule on twitch and no one will know when to watch her.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked

Return to “Nikki Blackketter - Archived Threads”