Post by ephillipswife » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 am

Had to unsub...let me know when the Nikki we love comes back :(

psily
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thickki Slackketter - Part 8

Post by psily » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:52 am

I don't think she cares about her old fans anymore because she doesn't want to be reminded of her old life with CG. Whenever someone comments about why she's not doing fitness anymore she always replies back with a passive aggressive comments "go watch other channels!" or "that's not my life anymore". She has gained a new breed of fans within the last year who love her random shenanigans and do not know how she used to be like before, and they love her no matter what with their kiss ass comments.

cali_ambitious454
Debater
Debater

Post by cali_ambitious454 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:35 am

psily wrote:I don't think she cares about her old fans anymore because she doesn't want to be reminded of her old life with CG. Whenever someone comments about why she's not doing fitness anymore she always replies back with a passive aggressive comments "go watch other channels!" or "that's not my life anymore". She has gained a new breed of fans within the last year who love her random shenanigans and do not know how she used to be like before, and they love her no matter what with their kiss ass comments.
Well if fitness isn't her life anymore, then she should drop her Gymshark sponsor and clothing line. But of course that would mean having to take a dip in her income until she could find some other niche to profit off of and reflect her brand, whatever that is. The lazy fitspo lifestyle is not appealing at all, which is why I pretty much stopped watching her videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by alliezee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:56 am

probably going to be a bit babbley....

I'm SO TORN on nikki. I really liked her. I truly don't care about her existence in parallel to CG. He's a douche. We've all been in a position where we've dated someone for braun not brain. I guess the thing that has bummed me out is that she's just not really doing much of anything worthwhile. If I had time, money and resource in the way she does, I would hope I would become more motivated to improve my life and better myself as a person.

CG was a douche, there's not really any denying that I think. But Miles is a different kind of douche. His music is very, very cringe solely on lyrics alone. He's not really successful at it, which is fine, but his ego and arrogance should at least be accompanied by some form of success to back it. His type of commentary on her is so degrading and demeaning. I get it, Nikki is beautiful and has a banging body, but seriously, that's all he ever talks about in regards to her. I think she really puts herself in this position of just being a barbie type because that's how people treat her. She actually seems pretty intelligent and informed, but it's almost like it's easier to just present herself as a body, not a brain. She is constantly liking tweets about current events, books, etc - I would LOVE if she'd talk about that. I'd love to see more of her interactions with her friends like jaz and ashley. I think she truly seems like a cool person who has just relegated herself to being a hot body or fitness figure and not really much else.

I think that comes a lot from dating sort of conventionally attractive, rather small minded boys. There's not really much denying that BB is pretty vapid/stupid, and I would argue Miles is relatively the same. I wish she'd surround herself more with people who are passionate, motivated.

I don't even give a damn about the fitness content as I do love Q&A's, informational videos, day to day vlogs, etc, but in order to be successful, it's so important to present substantive content that isn't just watergun fights. We are so heavily influenced by who we surround ourselves with, there is no doubt, and I just wish Nikki would find people that treated her as more than just a cute blonde with a big ass.

psily
Informer
Informer

Post by psily » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:02 am

cali_ambitious454 wrote:
psily wrote:I don't think she cares about her old fans anymore because she doesn't want to be reminded of her old life with CG. Whenever someone comments about why she's not doing fitness anymore she always replies back with a passive aggressive comments "go watch other channels!" or "that's not my life anymore". She has gained a new breed of fans within the last year who love her random shenanigans and do not know how she used to be like before, and they love her no matter what with their kiss ass comments.
Well if fitness isn't her life anymore, then she should drop her Gymshark sponsor and clothing line. But of course that would mean having to take a dip in her income until she could find some other niche to profit off of and reflect her brand, whatever that is. The lazy fitspo lifestyle is not appealing at all, which is why I pretty much stopped watching her videos.

That's what annoys me the most is regarding her Gymshark sponsorship. She still profits from "fitness" yet she half asses it so she doesn't get dropped. But then again we've mentioned this before, Gymshark doesn't give a shit about fitness really, it's all about how many followers you have. They won't drop her anytime soon even with her boring ass vlogs and random shenanigans.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:08 am

cali_ambitious454 wrote:

Why would she get rid of Gymshark if they are happy with her and where her channel is? Thought it had been established that it's more of a lifestyle brand than for athletes, otherwise they'd be sponsoring proper athletes and not Youtubers.

I don't think miles has an ego or arrogant. Think he just has a dry sense of humour but I get he can be annoying when he's OTT. I'd like it if she had more vlogs with people like that Monica Church or other Youtubers in her building. Her having a boyfriend has put a stop to all that exploring and getting out of her comfort zone.

psily
Informer
Informer

Post by psily » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:16 am

Nah Miles doesn't have a dry sense of humor, he's just annoying as fuck and doesn't know when to shut up. I agree she needs to get out of her comfort zone, trying new things, and have a clear structure of what her YT channel is all about, because right now it's just a jumbled mess.

What ever happened to that writing class by the way?

Fitfinatic
Learner
Learner

Post by Fitfinatic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 am

I feel like unsubscribing but I do love Nikki, im just sick of watching her lay on the sofa watching game of thrones... yawwwn

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Post by Yamly » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:48 am

I dunno why but that zucchini ham mustard "sandwich" grossed me out watching her slap it all together on her dirty countertop while miles called her a minx. I guess probably because I watched this girl Audrie Storme's What I Eat in a Day video right before and it was so well put together and aesthetic. Hard to get through a Nikki video these days when it's clear she doesn't put much effort into filming anymore.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:09 am

I know it's been said a million times but Nikki just doesn't put any time into it. if she doesn't want to ditch the fitspo income it's not even hard to incorporate that stuff into plenty of other lifestyle/different content. Even for her GOT stuff, if she did a macro friendly themed recipe, that could be cool content that let's her talk about GOT and also keep her fitness fans happy. Also it's sad she's put fitness in the same box as CG, because really health and fitness and wellness shouldn't be reserved for douches like CG. Sure, she may never be the shredded bikini competitor she was with him, but there's plenty of other styles and looks. Lifting can help with almost any sport and be incorporated into plenty of other styles of working out. Also there's so many other YTers in LA (even in her building!) that she could collab with and that could help her branch out and find another niche she enjoys. I just don't think GOT recaps are going to get anyone excited.

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:22 am

She lives in the same building as Remi, Mia and LaurDIY right? It seems like she's met Remi at least, she's liked her stuff on Instagram. That could be a cute collab. Remi doing her makeup/teaching her to be less slobby, and Nikki doing a workout or something with Remi. Remi is actually on a fitness/health kick right now too. She moved to LA to make connections, and she has some great ones just a few doors away! Put in some effort Nikki!
There's no way she can be content with doing GOT videos that not even 10% of her audience wants to watch. Her channel is gonna tank.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:50 am

Her channel is not going to tank because she does 1 video a week that the majority of her subs aren't interested. Very extreme.

RMfit
Learner
Learner

Post by RMfit » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:53 am

she cant seem to get it together. Its sad. She inspired so many women back then

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Spid wrote:Her channel is not going to tank because she does 1 video a week that the majority of her subs aren't interested. Very extreme.
A video series that people aren't watching plus mediocre vlogs that she puts no effort into filming. She's lucky Ash does stuff with the editing and music because the content itself is horribly shot and there's absolutely nothing going on in them. there's no way she can expect her channel to grow continuing this way.

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Post by Yamly » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:27 pm

lolwut wrote:
Spid wrote:Her channel is not going to tank because she does 1 video a week that the majority of her subs aren't interested. Very extreme.
A video series that people aren't watching plus mediocre vlogs that she puts no effort into filming. She's lucky Ash does stuff with the editing and music because the content itself is horribly shot and there's absolutely nothing going on in them. there's no way she can expect her channel to grow continuing this way.
Her pinned tweet right now is asking people to subscribe or get their friends/family to subscribe just so she can hit 600k. Why not just put more effort into your videos and get subscribers organically -_-

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

psily
Informer
Informer

Post by psily » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Her channel has been stagnating for a while now. Here's her Social Blade, interesting to see that her peaks were during Battle of the Bay in 2015 and when after her first breakup with CG last year. I don't see another peak coming anytime soon if she keeps her bullshit up.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 pm

lolwut wrote:
A video series that is 1 vlog a week and only has 2 more episodes left.

The rest of her content is a different issue. Her views are just as big. Maybe not on individual videos but month wise May and June views were her biggest months since the first breakup with CG.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:45 pm

and if you compare her to Heidi's views https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/heidisomers

Besides January when she unveiled CG Nikki has had more views than her every month this year, even July when Nikki took half the month off.

psily
Informer
Informer

Post by psily » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:02 pm

I don't see what Heidi has anything to do with what we were talking about, but Nikki has always been more popular than Heidi no doubt about that. All I am saying is I don't see Nikki getting a dramatic surge in subscribers/views anytime soon with what she's currently doing.

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Heidi's channel is unrelated. People are so bent on them competing or something. I am comparing Nikki to Nikki.
Nikki uploads a lot more now so of course her total monthly views are high, but her individual video views are not great. She has her core set of 100-150k subs that watch, but her views aren't growing much from there. My general point is, I don't see her gaining any new following if she continues with this content, and eventually the viewers she has now are going to lose interest. She used to be one of my favorite YouTubers and I can barely be bothered to click a single video these days, because I know they're just all the same.
If she wants to do fun lifestyle vlogs, then that's cool too, but she's really not great at those either. She just seems so over YouTube and is not enthusiastic about anything she does. It's not fun watching her anymore. Clearly a lot of people must feel the same, because her viewership is going down.

Le sigh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Le sigh » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Today's video was well done n interesting watch. Purely fitness vid, so maybe that's why, haha.
I feel as though she needs a day job, or a side project, anything to get her out of the appartment other than just working out, that might help make her vlogs more interesting, and keep her motivated. Coz right now between that gym shark pop up shop n the bod pod, she's quite motivated, but I have a feeling that juice will run out in a month.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:24 pm

lolwut wrote:Heidi's channel is unrelated. People are so bent on them competing or something. I am comparing Nikki to Nikki.
Nikki uploads a lot more now so of course her total monthly views are high, but her individual video views are not great. She has her core set of 100-150k subs that watch, but her views aren't growing much from there. My general point is, I don't see her gaining any new following if she continues with this content, and eventually the viewers she has now are going to lose interest. She used to be one of my favorite YouTubers and I can barely be bothered to click a single video these days, because I know they're just all the same.
If she wants to do fun lifestyle vlogs, then that's cool too, but she's really not great at those either. She just seems so over YouTube and is not enthusiastic about anything she does. It's not fun watching her anymore. Clearly a lot of people must feel the same, because her viewership is going down.
It's only this month she uploads more. And like I said last month when Nikki took half the month off her views were still way higher. Only comparing because it looked like they were going to have a similar number of subscriber.

And like I said her monthly viewership is not going down, it's as high as it has been recently except for the breakup. This is before she went on her daily vlog spree too. I have no idea why monthly viewership is up but individual views aren't as high as they were.

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:27 pm

Yamly wrote:I dunno why but that zucchini ham mustard "sandwich" grossed me out
that shit was nasty

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Post by Yamly » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:46 pm

It's crazy how much better her weekly workout vids are compared to regular vlogs. She should make it a habit to explore somewhere new in LA once a week too and maybe do a Q&A by herself (aka NO MILES) once every week or two. I kinda feel like she doesn't really chit chat anymore and isn't as open with her audience, which is understandable considering she had really private aspects of her life put on blast, but at least a Q&A lets her choose what she wants to answer while still giving a more open and personal vibe.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Nixe24
Learner
Learner

Post by Nixe24 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:48 pm

She got a coolaser treatment. :roll:
When is the first facelift planned.....

Return to “Nikki Blackketter - Archived Threads”